Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IOS 10.3 is out!

Comments

• Sounds promising.Probably the time to update my Air 2 to ios 10 now.

• edited March 2017

Alchemy works fine on iPhone 6+. I ran it standalone, messed around a bit and then exported a song to Dropbox, no problems. Then as input in AudioBus2 (newest), recorded to AudioShare and again...no problems encountered. Whew!

Edit/note: I got 2GB back after the iOS 10.3 update...went from 15.4 to 17.4GB.

• Here are my space savings:

• I got 2 gigs. @johnfromberkeley looks like you won

• Its safe this time and no issues with implosions and explosions.

• edited March 2017

@Enkerli said:

@heybail said:
    Update to 10.3 went fine on 64 GB iPhone 6s ..

download 12 minutes
    install was about 21 minutes

free space went from

15.74 GB
    to
    18.56 GB

Jealous of your free space!

Because of the file system change -- I did some housecleaning first -- and backed up as well, freeing up a lot of space.. Normally I just go for it and update

• edited March 2017

Mini 2 32GB
    before: 15.9 available
    after: 17.87 available

When I update my Air 1 I'll take a screenshot of the apps usage page to see how it affects those.

• edited March 2017

@db909 said:
    I got 2 gigs. @johnfromberkeley looks like you won

I'm sort of freaked out that it is exactly 4 gigs.

Also, I'm trying go account for it. I'm an App and storage junkie, obviously, and I'm wondering if there were a lot of stray caches, etc that got cleaned up.

Also, I had a large 128GB base to reclaim against.

• I only got a few megs after update weird but I guess I was already running very lean :D

• @johnfromberkeley said:

I had a large 128GB base to reclaim against.

Hot tech talk right there.

• Surprised... the update went smooth on my lil' ol' iPhone 5. Seems snappier, and I gained 1.5GB storage. Haven't done the Air 2 yet. Waiting for confirmation that Auria Pro and all plugins are A-OK after the update. Anyone confirm?

• my ipad still shows 10.2.1 (i'm on 9.3.5).Seems i have to wait a little longer.But that's fine i want to backup first anyway.

• Air 1 32 GB
    before: 13.8 available
    after: 14.6 available

I screencapped the apps page and they're all identical in size before and after the update. Strange.

• @realdavidai said:

@Sebastian said:
    I've been using the Air 2 in the last months with the 10.3 beta. No issues.

Any noteable improvements in CoreAudio?

No.

• Ok, either this is the most awesome IOS update ever!!! Or Crystal Synth's update is the most awesome update ever!! Or Cubasis' most awesome update ever!!!
    Or Drum Sessions most awesome update ever!! Don't know but:

Just spent my whole lunch with Crystal synth, Drum Session all into Cubasis with a recorded Loop from Addictive Synth Pro, and I recall, clearly recall the amount of crackling a single Crystal Synth preset called Velvet Strings. It used to crackle so much on my Air 1, i pretty much gave up on playing it. But today, it was all amazing!!!
    Was able to have Drum Session rocking away in the background into Cubasis, with Addictive Pro as an AU in a midi track, with Crystal playing the Velvet Strings patch! NO CRACKLING!!!!

AMAZING!!!

• @realdavidai said:
    10.3 may have broken Colussus Piano, on my system it crashes frequently and can't bounce correctly in Cubasis or GarageBand. It does do disk streaming and there's a new file system in 10.3. I'd bet the issue is related.

CrudeByte are aware of the issue:

"we received indeed reports today about issues after customers updated to iOS 10.3 today. We are currently reviewing those reports. If it turns out that there are indeed issues with iOS 10.3 then I expect that updates for our apps will be available within 7 work days.

If you have further questions, just let me know!

Thanks, your
    Crudebyte Support Team"

• @Rubooch said:

@realdavidai said:
    10.3 may have broken Colussus Piano, on my system it crashes frequently and can't bounce correctly in Cubasis or GarageBand. It does do disk streaming and there's a new file system in 10.3. I'd bet the issue is related.

CrudeByte are aware of the issue:

"we received indeed reports today about issues after customers updated to iOS 10.3 today. We are currently reviewing those reports. If it turns out that there are indeed issues with iOS 10.3 then I expect that updates for our apps will be available within 7 work days.

If you have further questions, just let me know!

Thanks, your
    Crudebyte Support Team"

Great thanks for looking into it

• @Sebastian said:

@realdavidai said:

@Sebastian said:
    I've been using the Air 2 in the last months with the 10.3 beta. No issues.

Any noteable improvements in CoreAudio?

No.

Whu Waaaaaaaa

• So far I haven't seen any bad reports of anything happening with this update. The only negative article seems to be from Forbes that claims it contains a "nasty surprise," but they're referring to the update taking longer than people might be used to due to the new file system. Both of mine took about 15 minutes, including download, but I knew it was doing a lot of "plumbing" under the hood and that's specifically why I jumped on the update so quickly.

• Avail prior 54.26
    After 57.92

iPHone 6+

• I seriously think this update increases the power of my old Air 1. Wonder if anyone has done any benchmarks?

• Aside from getting the download to complete, update went great.

iPhone 6 Plus, got almost 3 GB back.

• I don't think I got much back on my SE. Forgot to check before updating, though. It says 4GB available now.

• Question: I have got an iPhone 5s. So, if I'll not be able to update it to iOS 11...Do I will be able to update it to iOS 10.3 when iOS 11 came out? (I promise learn english someday). :(

• edited March 2017

@fjcblanco said:
    Question: I have got an iPhone 5s. So, if I'll not be able to update it to iOS 11...Do I will be able to update it to iOS 10.3 when iOS 11 came out? (I promise learn english someday). :(

It is my impression that apple offers the latest ios for a device that is compatible with that particular device. I have an ipad 3 with ios 8 but the latest ios for ipad 3 is ios 9.x (x=dont exactly know) and I am able to update my 3 to that 9 ios version. So I think there is no problem for you if ios 10.3 turns out to be the last ios for your phone.

• I know this has been asked but I'm not sure I saw an answer - anyone test out Auria Pro with the update? I'm hesitant to move forward until I know about this one, but all else seems to work fine.

• Yes! Working fine!

• @dvlmusic said:
    I know this has been asked but I'm not sure I saw an answer - anyone test out Auria Pro with the update? I'm hesitant to move forward until I know about this one, but all else seems to work fine.

I've not done any in depth testing, but have have experienced no problems as yet. I believe the best place for you to look (if you have not already), would be the Auria forum. Bearing in mind that Auria problems were flagged before before on that site well before one of the prior updates, I presume many have been testing during the last iOS beta.

As always, if you have projects that are a matter of urgency in any way, never update until they are finished - that's my advice :)

• @Marcel said:

@fjcblanco said:
    Question: I have got an iPhone 5s. So, if I'll not be able to update it to iOS 11...Do I will be able to update it to iOS 10.3 when iOS 11 came out? (I promise learn english someday). :(

It is my impression that apple offers the latest ios for a device that is compatible with that particular device. I have an ipad 3 with ios 8 but the latest ios for ipad 3 is ios 9.x (x=dont exactly know) and I am able to update my 3 to that 9 ios version. So I think there is no problem for you if ios 10.3 turns out to be the last ios for your phone.

What is more concern is a device that will support iOS 11 will not be able to upgrade to iOS 10 once 11 is shipped. So if you need to upgrade to 10 to support some new app (like say Audiobus 3), but don't want to upgrade all the way to 11 (to avoid losing 32bit apps) then you'll need to make this decision before 11 comes out. I've been pondering this as I've so far held out on moving on from 9.3.5 since it's been working. Waiting a little longer on 10.3 to see if it's known to be stable with various apps.