Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IOS 10.3 is out!

Comments

• So what's up with iKaossilator? Is it 32 bit? Cause I could lose all my other apps if worse came to worse but not that one. (Don't judge)

• @MonzoPro said:
    So good of Apple to slow down an apps start-up with nag screens, to warn you that the app (may) slow down your device.

Maybe they need a second nag, warning you that the first nag may slow down your apps start up.

Lol!

• @MonzoPro said:
    So good of Apple to slow down an apps start-up with nag screens, to warn you that the app (may) slow down your device.

Maybe they need a second nag, warning you that the first nag may slow down your apps start up.

Hahaha :) and i agree; this totally irrelevant info (about the slowing down) is stupid. Probably they just want to bash the app, cause it doesn't fit in their worldview.

• @philowerx said:

@Marcel said:

@db909 said:
    The hell is a nag screen? It sounds horrible

Haha, good question! :)
    I found this:
    https://9to5mac.com/2017/02/25/two-factor-authentication-ios-10-3/

Only scanned the article, but I guess there is a way to turn it off.

When you try to run a 32bit app you get a nag screen saying it may slow down your device, will not be compatible with future update (iOS11?) and contact the app dev to get them to update to 64bit before it gets removed from the App Store.

This probably also does mean that all 32 bit iOS devices won't get an update to iOS 11. Does this btw mean that all lwer version will still be able to download purchased 32 bits apps?

• extremely important. does iFunbox work after this filesystem change ?

• @mannix said:

@philowerx said:

@Marcel said:

@db909 said:

I found this:

When you try to run a 32bit app you get a nag screen saying it may slow down your device, will not be compatible with future update (iOS11?) and contact the app dev to get them to update to 64bit before it gets removed from the App Store.

This probably also does mean that all 32 bit iOS devices won't get an update to iOS 11. Does this btw mean that all lwer version will still be able to download purchased 32 bits apps?

As I understand all 32bit only apps will be completely removed from the App Store. Start backing up those 32bit apps.

• @mannix said:

@philowerx said:

@Marcel said:

@db909 said:

I found this:

I haven't got an answer to your question, but do you mean by "Iwer version" "32 bit devices"?

• @db909 said:
    So what's up with iKaossilator? Is it 32 bit? Cause I could lose all my other apps if worse came to worse but not that one. (Don't judge)

Works fine in my iPhone 5...

• edited March 2017

@philowerx said:

@mannix said:

@philowerx said:

@Marcel said:

@db909 said:

I found this:

As I understand all 32bit only apps will be completely removed from the App Store. Start backing up those 32bit apps.

.....who knows...they might put a filter in the iTunes backing up feature....to filter out and ban the 32 bit apps completely, to wipe/smoke them out. Hmmm....hope I haven't given them a 'good' idea.

• edited March 2017

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    extremely important. does iFunbox work after this filesystem change ?

Someone wrote on page 1 of this topic that it does work after the upgrade, but don't blame me if it doesn't.

• wimwim
    edited March 2017

1.6gb more storage on iPhone 5s after the install, as measured before downloading the update, so that is not a factor.

• @philowerx said:

Probably good advice. I don't really keep up with this stuff, but I happened across an article that said 10.3 will be the last "major" update before iOS 11 in June.

• @Marcel said:

@philowerx said:

@mannix said:

@philowerx said:

@Marcel said:

@db909 said:

I found this:

.....who knows...they might put a filter in the iTunes backing up feature....to filter out and ban the 32 bit apps completely, to wipe/smoke them out. Hmmm....hope I haven't given them a 'good' idea.

Sounds as Daleks: Exterminate :)

• @philowerx said:

@mannix said:

@philowerx said:

@Marcel said:

@db909 said:

I found this:

So this simply means that all 32-bit iOS devices will be rendered worthless in the near future

• @wim said:
    1.6gb more storage on iPhone 5s after the install, as measured before downloading the update, so that is not a factor.

Maybe this is all the space 32bit apps occupied before getting wiped out :D

• @mannix said:
    So this simply means that all 32-bit iOS devices will be rendered worthless in the near future

Only if not getting updates = worthless to you. I still have a 4th gen iPod running iOS 6 with plenty of apps, and it's still very valuable to me.

• @wim said:

Wish I had the same luck. I went from 4.56 free to 4.73 free. :/

• edited March 2017

@mannix said:

@philowerx said:

@mannix said:

@philowerx said:

@Marcel said:

@db909 said:

I found this:

I think there is a difference between an app "in the appstore" and an app "purchased". I think, but I am not sure, that an app that is not in the appstore could well still be in the "purchased" tab of the appstore, for you to download, if you have a 32 bit device. But - as said - I am not sure about it.

Edit: my remark makes sense, but it doesn't completely apply to your remark....sorry I have no time now to figure it out.

• @gmslayton said:
    I'm going in with my Air 1. See you on the flip side............maybe!!!!!!!!!!!! Leroy Jenkins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least you had chicken.

• Went ahead and took the plunge. Got back an extra gig. While it might not seem like much getting 1 extra go is still quite precious on <128gb iPads :D

• @wim said:

Gained about the same on my iPhone 6.. sweet

• Seems Apple could offer a little app routine that runs, analyzes your install, and returns a screen list of apps that will fail after the install of a new iOS. Or, at least identify which apps are the 32bit ones that will be on the chopping block.

• BTW, this totally shreds my prediction that new iPad Pros would be released with the 10.3 update.

• I've not seen any notifications on my end.

• @skiphunt said:
    Seems Apple could offer a little app routine that runs, analyzes your install, and returns a screen list of apps that will fail after the install of a new iOS. Or, at least identify which apps are the 32bit ones that will be on the chopping block.

Positively. That and a no BS indication on the R&D's view of what iPad models should & shouldn't update to the new OS. Of course they love to angle it that their latest iOS is THE way to go, for all, plus the quasi-planned obsolescence in all tech products makes Apple actually better off to have consumers believe newer, better, faster with hardware & software.

I will wait a bit and then see what benefit 10.3 brings...

• i was on iOS 10.3 since beta 1, everything working fine.

There's on the settings a nice addition that list the apps without 64 bit compatibility so we can finally stop wondering about our purchased apps.

@JRSIV said:

@skiphunt said:
    Seems Apple could offer a little app routine that runs, analyzes your install, and returns a screen list of apps that will fail after the install of a new iOS. Or, at least identify which apps are the 32bit ones that will be on the chopping block.

Positively. That and a no BS indication on the R&D's view of what iPad models should & shouldn't update to the new OS. Of course they love to angle it that their latest iOS is THE way to go, for all, plus the quasi-planned obsolescence in all tech products makes Apple actually better off to have consumers believe newer, better, faster with hardware & software.

I will wait a bit and then see what benefit 10.3 brings...

• I can see Bitwiz, Impaktor, Caustic editor for Volca sample, Changeling sequencer being ones on my ipad that I'd like saved from 32bit culling in the app compatibilty list.... and on iphone Arp pro and Nanostudio.

• Saved about 2GB on my iPhone 6S. The “nag screen” only came up with a couple of apps, including Gyrosynth. Unlike @Carnbot, didn’t get one for Nanostudio.

To be clear, the “may slow down your phone” was the nag screen in iOS10 before 10.3. Now, it says the app needs to be updated and it won’t be supported in the future (i.e., iOS 11). Obviously, devices which run older versions of iOS (my third generation iPad running iOS 9.3.5, for instance) don’t show these nag screens and apps currently running on it are unlikely to disappear.

Should have gotten Alchemy when it was still a Camel Audio product. It’d bring a lot of value to that old iPad. As it stands, it does run a lot of recent software but not the current version of GarageBand.

@Lacm1993 said:
    There's on the settings a nice addition that list the apps without 64 bit compatibility so we can finally stop wondering about our purchased apps.

Oh? Where would that be? Not noticing it in the obvious places.

• 10.3 may have broken Colussus Piano, on my system it crashes frequently and can't bounce correctly in Cubasis or GarageBand. It does do disk streaming and there's a new file system in 10.3. I'd bet the issue is related.