Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IOS 10.3 is out!

Comments

• I did :-)

Have not tested any apps yet though :tongue:

But general feeling it seems nice and snappy

• I have some critical projects I need to finish, but will update afterwards!

• Before anyone updates please write down the free space before (plus the update size) and after ...

• downloading on iphone SE first....
    This has the new file system in it but not sure how it will affect music apps

• Very curious to see if AFS+ speeds up file transfers now.

• Holding off until I know most of the apps I love are compatible. The last thing I need is a major disaster with upgrading and such.

• Will wait for Alchemy compatibility report. If anyone has that report, please share.

• edited March 2017

Just updated the iphone and gained about 2.2GB space

ifunbox still working

• Screen rotation bug attempt 3.

• Waiting for AB3 compatibility report

• Alchemy? Anyone? I'm sure it'll be fine, but....

• @1P18 said:
    Will wait for Alchemy compatibility report. If anyone has that report, please share.

Agreed. Clinging to the past by my fingernails.

• All seems good so far on SE

• I'm holding off this time... until someone confirms Auria Pro still works. I jumped the gun on release of 10 and swore never again. ;)

• Can someone confirm ikaossilator still works like a champ?

• I'm going in with my Air 1. See you on the flip side............maybe!!!!!!!!!!!! Leroy Jenkins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Just gained about 6gb on my ipad. Phone's still updating. Haven't tried Auria yet, but I'll give you a shout when I do...

• Seems ok, as does Alchemy (nag screen aside...)

• Samplr is loading up fine to, so i guess older apps have survived.

• Don't forget to backup before upgrading, anyway, everybody.

• edited March 2017

I am hesitant, cause I read this:

"Support Dropped For 32-Bit Apps
    Apple has dropped support for 32-bit apps in iOS 10.3. If an app was designed in 32-bit, a dialog popup box will appear that says “This app will not work with future versions of iOS. The developer of this app needs to update it to improve its compatibility.” Apple has been warning developers about these changes since February 2015."

Source:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/amitchowdhry/2017/03/27/ios-10-3-features/#40bc4ba6257e

It is unclear to me if 32 bit apps don't actually work with 10.3 or that they won't work with later ios versions.

• edited March 2017

@Marcel said:

Apple has dropped support for 32-bit apps in iOS 10.3. If an app was designed in 32-bit, a dialog popup box will appear that says “This app will not work with future versions of iOS. The developer of this app needs to update it to improve its compatibility.” Apple has been warning developers about these changes since February 2015."

Source:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/amitchowdhry/2017/03/27/ios-10-3-features/#40bc4ba6257e

Future versions. Will still run in 10.3 apart from the warning. Wonder if that means 10.3.1 should there ever be such one.
    New nag screen introduced: Two factor recognition. Don't know if it can be turned off.
    The nag screen that is. Probably not.

• The hell is a nag screen? It sounds horrible

• @DeVlaeminck said:

@Marcel said:

Source:

Future versions. Will still run in 10.3 apart from the warning. Wonder if that means 10.3.1 should there ever be such one.
    New nag screen introduced: Two factor recognition. Don't know if it can be turned off.
    The nag screen that is. Probably not.

Thanks for explaining this! :smile: Good to hear they still work! Don't know which app is 32 or 64, so I don't need to worry about this aspect. Thanks again :)

• @db909 said:
    The hell is a nag screen? It sounds horrible

It filters out old horses.

• Hopefully that means iOS 11 but good there's a warning

• edited March 2017

@db909 said:

Haha, good question! :)
    I found this:
    https://9to5mac.com/2017/02/25/two-factor-authentication-ios-10-3/

• @Marcel said:

@db909 said:

Haha, good question! :)
    I found this:
    https://9to5mac.com/2017/02/25/two-factor-authentication-ios-10-3/

Only scanned the article, but I guess there is a way to turn it off.

When you try to run a 32bit app you get a nag screen saying it may slow down your device, will not be compatible with future update (iOS11?) and contact the app dev to get them to update to 64bit before it gets removed from the App Store.

• So good of Apple to slow down an apps start-up with nag screens, to warn you that the app (may) slow down your device.

Maybe they need a second nag, warning you that the first nag may slow down your apps start up.