Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria Pro v2.09 Approved WITH FabFilter Pro-R Reverb IAP!

Comments

• edited February 2017

$40. This just makes me think of all the other $40 plugs I have on Auria Pro. And all the reverbs I have on the devices: I have seven just on the iPhone.

• Thanks for posting those comparisons. I've been on the fence for awhile about the desktop version of Pro-R, but that might have just pushed me over the edge.

• @ipadmusic said:
    Nice Pro-R tutorial:

I found this very helpful. The guy is straightforward and non-boffiny (although I'm sure he can be in the privacy of his own home etc). I've been working on a NeoSoul sound and had it going pretty well with Pro-R, but it was a lot better (AND I UNDERSTOOD WHY) after this....

• edited February 2017

Cool to see the spectrum grab thingy is working now. While the Pro-R does indeed sound lovely, I don't think I'II buy it, as I can only use it in Auria. For the money (£38.99, now that Apple has bumped up UK prices), I'd get something like Valhalla's 'Room' instead which I can use as a vst on the desktop - it is only a reverb, after all :)

• @richardyot said:

@Arpseechord said:

@richardyot said:
    So here are some tests and comparisons, using a very simple piano and drum phrase and medium to large spaces selected from Presets of the 3 reverbs:

Dry Phrase

Pro R Default Setting

Pro R Piano Room Large

Pro R Concert Hall Vienna

Virsyn AudioReverb Acoustic Hall

Virsyn AudioReverb Ballad Hall

DDMF Envelope Concert Hall

DDMF Envelope Piano Hall 1

A couple of notes: the interactive EQ curves allow for some very precise fine-tuning of the Reverb sound, and are much more intuitive to use than the myriad of dials that one finds on the typical reverb UI. You can also do some pretty nifty sound design and create weird artificial reverbs such as this one:

Which sounds like this:

Pro R Scooped Sparkly Space

All in all this is a pretty unique and powerful reverb IMO.

Thanks for all your work here. Ddmf and especially Virsyns' reverb still sounds very very good. Is there really any clear winner here?

Clear winner - not sure. Personally I prefer Pro R and the Virsyn to DDMF, but I agree that the Virsyn is really good, maybe even a tad more lush sounding than Pro R.

If you're an Auria user then Pro R is going to be far more practical because you will be able to run more instances of the native Pro R compared to any AU (more CPU efficient and can run at higher latencies), and Pro R is also extremely easy to tweak and very versatile.

I haven't got the Virsyn AudioReverb app. Tempted to get it now if it's comparable to the Pro R which is six times more expensive, and as such completely out of my budget.

• edited February 2017

@MonzoPro said:

@richardyot said:

@Arpseechord said:

@richardyot said:
    So here are some tests and comparisons, using a very simple piano and drum phrase and medium to large spaces selected from Presets of the 3 reverbs:

Dry Phrase

Pro R Default Setting

Pro R Piano Room Large

A couple of notes: the interactive EQ curves allow for some very precise fine-tuning of the Reverb sound, and are much more intuitive to use than the myriad of dials that one finds on the typical reverb UI. You can also do some pretty nifty sound design and create weird artificial reverbs such as this one:

Which sounds like this:

Thanks for all your work here. Ddmf and especially Virsyns' reverb still sounds very very good. Is there really any clear winner here?

Clear winner - not sure. Personally I prefer Pro R and the Virsyn to DDMF, but I agree that the Virsyn is really good, maybe even a tad more lush sounding than Pro R.

If you're an Auria user then Pro R is going to be far more practical because you will be able to run more instances of the native Pro R compared to any AU (more CPU efficient and can run at higher latencies), and Pro R is also extremely easy to tweak and very versatile.

I haven't got the Virsyn AudioReverb app. Tempted to get it now if it's comparable to the Pro R which is six times more expensive, and as such completely out of my budget.

The Virsyn is definitely worth having, it's an excellent reverb that uses convolution reverb for the early reflections and algorithmic reverb for the tail, so it's got it's own sound that is pretty different from everything else and is kinda the best of both worlds. It's also very tweakable, although without the UI loveliness in the FabFilter effort.

• thanks @richardyot , great comparison. best reason to get it is that you can load a project and mix at the highest buffer possible. using the au's you can only go as high as 512. otherwise, based on sound alone i can be fine with either ddmf or virsyn for 1/4th the price. they both sound good to me and i'm usually in the less is more camp on reverb

• @cabo said:
    yeah, thx, richardyot
    also must say that I found the Virsyn Reverb quite good as it sounded there
    surely will grab the Pro R too (as soon as a sale comes up)

Then you have to wait 11 month... Pity you ;-)

• @Igneous1 said:
    Cool to see the spectrum grab thingy is working now. While the Pro-R does indeed sound lovely, I don't think I'II buy it, as I can only use it in Auria. For the money (£38.99, now that Apple has bumped up UK prices), I'd get something like Valhalla's 'Room' instead which I can use as a vst on the desktop - it is only a reverb, after all :)

What do you mean that you only can use it in Auria?
    You can't use it in Cubasis and the other DAW:s out there, but, don't forget that you can lay this fantastic reverb on almost every synth-app and all the other musicmaking apps...

The possibilities is endless!

• @JRSIV said:
    Man, there's some great reverb sounds to be had on the Virsyn AudioReverb, the convolution reverbs are great with the right IR files and although it has gotten a bit of a bad rap for being too icy & shrill up top I still dig the DDMF Envelope reverb.

But I can't find one preset or any of the twiddling I've done tonight that makes Pro-R sound bad, or fake or too "reverb app" like.

The only thing I can compare it to was in college going to the Palms studio and getting to hear the then state of the art Waves plugins and then later a friend bought the Abbey Road Plate reverb plugin and it was fantastic.

But just putting on my Sony MDR-7506's which I know very well, putting up NeoSoul Keys, some good 24 bit hi quality drum samples and then my DI Strat into BIAS with just a a preampy Fender Champ type clean tone, dry as a bone, I've laughed my self to watery eyes at the ice unbelievable tails and depths this reverb has.

You can HEAR the placement knob work, bringing the source back & forth! The EQ capabilities are astounding. No more bussing out reverbs to shape them with EQ when using Pro-R. It can make warm dark chambers or spiky tile rooms and everything in between.

The ONLY quibble is it's a resource eater but I knew that going in. I've read that on standard, nicely powered desktop rigs these FabFilter plugs can get greedy, so I was okay with it. Still with just say Bram Bros Phasemaker in one channel with just the Pro-R with record ready, no playbacks or multiple sources, the CPU was steady at 15 to 20% on my Air 2.

I was accustomed to "freezing" tracks before it was even called that. It was more a "printing effects" type of deal. This reverb is going to need to be printed or "freezed" if multiple instances in a project is desired. Aside from that I can honestly say that the $40 was a gimme, total bargain because it's that good.

Thanks to WaveMachine, Rim and the FabFilter engineers for getting us in the iOS music production community and especially the Auria user community a genuinely professional reverb plug that may be the only reverb an iOS studio needs if using Auria only.

Be cool...

Nice... :+1:

• edited February 2017

@Arpseechord said:

@richardyot said:

Dry Phrase

Pro R Default Setting

Pro R Piano Room Large

Which sounds like this:

Appreciate the work there. They all sound a little reverb-heavy to my ears however... What amount of mix did you give your tracks to the Aux channel you had the reverb on (i.e. what send level)?

• edited February 2017

@MusicInclusive said:

@Arpseechord said:

@richardyot said:

Dry Phrase

Pro R Default Setting

Pro R Piano Room Large

Which sounds like this:

Appreciate the work there. They all sound a little reverb-heavy to my ears however... What amount of mix did you give your tracks to the Aux channel you had the reverb on?

Two thirds. The heavy mix was deliberate, so that you can hear the reverb clearly. Not meant as a guide on how to mix, but a comparison of the different plugins ;)

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Igneous1 said:

What do you mean that you only can use it in Auria?
    You can't use it in Cubasis and the other DAW:s out there, but, don't forget that you can lay this fantastic reverb on almost every synth-app and all the other musicmaking apps...

The possibilities is endless!

It's self-explanatory. I don't want to have to use Auria all of the time. If it (Pro-R) was an AU that would be a different matter entirely.

• Auria standard is running fine on my iPad mini 2 and I don't want to push the cpu more although I'm tempted like crazy( mostly because I have a bad daily dependency on this forum :) )
    You say they only go on sale once a year in December well then how about that!!!sigh

• @richardyot said:

Appreciate the work there. They all sound a little reverb-heavy to my ears however... What amount of mix did you give your tracks to the Aux channel you had the reverb on?

Two thirds. The heavy mix was deliberate, so that you can hear the reverb clearly. Not meant as a guide on how to mix, but a comparison of the different plugins ;)

Ah! Thanks. GTK :+1:

• @MonzoPro said:

@richardyot said:

@Arpseechord said:

@richardyot said:

Dry Phrase

Pro R Default Setting

Pro R Piano Room Large

Which sounds like this:

Just recorded some synth melodies in Auria with Virsyns' AudioReverb and it's quite amazing and satisfying

• I really wish Auria had a stripped down minimal gui version like AUM with bigger controls, where you had access to the FabF plugins and mixer, could record into the filespace but didn't have the timeline etc. For jamming and recording and then continuing in the main version

• @richardyot said:

@MonzoPro said:

@richardyot said:

@Arpseechord said:

@richardyot said:

Dry Phrase

Pro R Default Setting

Pro R Piano Room Large

Which sounds like this:

The Virsyn is definitely worth having, it's an excellent reverb that uses convolution reverb for the early reflections and algorithmic reverb for the tail, so it's got it's own sound that is pretty different from everything else and is kinda the best of both worlds. It's also very tweakable, although without the UI loveliness in the FabFilter effort.

@Arpseechord said:

@MonzoPro said:

@richardyot said:

@Arpseechord said:

@richardyot said:

Dry Phrase

Pro R Default Setting

Pro R Piano Room Large

Which sounds like this:

Just recorded some synth melodies in Auria with Virsyns' AudioReverb and it's quite amazing and satisfying

Cheers guys, I'll have to check out some demos.

• @Carnbot said:
    I really wish Auria had a stripped down minimal gui version like AUM with bigger controls, where you had access to the FabF plugins and mixer, could record into the filespace but didn't have the timeline etc. For jamming and recording and then continuing in the main version

Cool! Could you make the sugestion in the Auria forum?

• 64 and 32 frame buffer size! Yay! Enjoying zero latency a lot!

• In case anyone's wondering, I got the new Twin 2 Analog Keys and Space packs since I had $10 left on a $50 card, and they're very well done. Some incredibly so.

• @theconnactic said:

@Carnbot said:
    I really wish Auria had a stripped down minimal gui version like AUM with bigger controls, where you had access to the FabF plugins and mixer, could record into the filespace but didn't have the timeline etc. For jamming and recording and then continuing in the main version

Cool! Could you make the sugestion in the Auria forum?

yeah, would be good to suggest in the forum. I guess it should be a separate app but had less resources, and could host AUs and in built Auria plugins

• @oat_phipps said:
    In case anyone's wondering, I got the new Twin 2 Analog Keys and Space packs since I had $10 left on a $50 card, and they're very well done. Some incredibly so.

Yeah, picked up the Analog Keys as well, nice little snack.

• @oat_phipps said:
    In case anyone's wondering, I got the new Twin 2 Analog Keys and Space packs since I had $10 left on a $50 card, and they're very well done. Some incredibly so.

I was wondering. One of the exciting things with this update as I really like Twin2. Thanks.

• edited February 2017

@theconnactic said:
    64 and 32 frame buffer size! Yay! Enjoying zero latency a lot!

not really zero but great nonetheless..

• I just like playing with the interfaces. They is artists, them Fabfilter guys.

• @rickwaugh said:
    I just like playing with the interfaces. They is artists, them Fabfilter guys.

It looks great in full screen mode

• @richardyot said:

@skiphunt said:
    Slightly dumb question... Regarding updating, since my install was a regular Auria stall that I upgraded to Pro, in the past I've had to update the plain Auria, then update again to Pro. And then update purchases to get my IAP stuff back.

This time I only updated Auria once, then restored purchases. Seems to be updated completely, but how can I be sure that I've got a full Pro install since I didn't have to go through one of the steps this time?

And where's this new spectrum feature? Is that included in the update?

If you have MIDI and bus sends then you have Pro installed.

Great. RIm must've somehow streamlined the update process because it was faster and less confusing this time.

• Which is the virsyn reverb? Link please?

• edited February 2017