Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria Pro v2.09 Approved WITH FabFilter Pro-R Reverb IAP!

Comments

• Thanks!! Wow is that the regular price? Can't believe I've missed this one.

• @Rubooch said:

@rickwaugh said:
    I just like playing with the interfaces. They is artists, them Fabfilter guys.

It looks great in full screen mode

It certainly does....this is my fave of the Fabs so far (read: I am less confused than usual etc).

• Man, this is so great on guitar running after an instance of Saturn. I'm sure personal taste will and should dictate your desire to spend $30+ over the VirSyn app (which is firmly second best), but there's no substitute for me. My iOS 'studio' finally feels complete.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Man, this is so great on guitar running after an instance of Saturn. I'm sure personal taste will and should dictate your desire to spend $30+ over the VirSyn app (which is firmly second best), but there's no substitute for me. My iOS 'studio' finally feels complete.

I too have spent the afternoon with my Strat going through Saturn or one of the amp sim apps into Pro-R, just getting lost in arpeggios and digging the sound. Timeless 2 into Pro-R was a bit of a CPU spike but not too bad, the way the delays interacted with a darker verb setting is so cool. I can honestly say, even as an admitted App Junky, I don't need another reverb, delay, EQ or compressor now that I have FabFilter Pro-R, Timeless 2, Pro-Q2 and Pro-C2 respectively.

Unless Universal Audio starts doing iOS plugins...

I realize $40 is a lot in the iOS world but it's really nothing in a ProTools/Logic desktop DAW setup. I mean Pro-R for Mac/Windows is $199. The exact same algorithms, coding & GUI on the Auria DAW setup is over 75% less.

And I know the Cubasis cats and others who don't use Auria can shrug this off or be rightfully annoyed it's not available on all AU hosts. But I really believe that with the great strides iOS music making technologies have made in just a few short years that eventually there will be away to use the FabFilter plugins on other app sources as well.
    With AU we're already near an internal I/O structure that's fast and efficient so who knows.

Doesn't mean one should invest the $100+ for Auria Pro & Pro-R if they're a Cubasis user. Just means I don't think non Auria producer's will be shut out of FabFilter world forever.

• I'm not educated or subtle or technical enough to really know what I have (but I know what I like etc), and 40 bucks is 40 bucks, but I wouldn't give it back now that's for sure....

• edited February 2017

I suspect that the only way I'll hold out for the sale is by means of cryogenic stasis.

• edited February 2017

Reading the description of this plugin and it mentions sophisticated eq for many parameters in the reverb. Ok here's a novice question just for fun. Could someone get away with this fab filter only in Auria and master a song quite well or does a person have to sell organs to get all of the fabs? Just wondering

• I suspect the only way I'll hold out for the sale is by means of cryogenic stasis.

• Got it. I mean, I had to. I have all the other ones! I actually just deleted all my other music apps. Going to try living 100% within Auria.

• @Matthew said:
    Got it. I mean, I had to. I have all the other ones! I actually just deleted all my other music apps. Going to try living 100% within Auria.

Interesting and very tempting idea. Look forward to hearing (in all ways) how you get on...

• Really liking Pro R, pricey for ios but very very lush sounding

• I think you could live within Auria, with two exceptions. I'm not a synth guy, but if the Fabfilter synths don't float your boat and you love synth, then probably not entirely. Also, if you really want some nice additional samples, you can go outside for those. But other than that, not sure what else I'd need.

• @Arpseechord said:
    Reading the description of this plugin and it mentions sophisticated eq for many parameters in the reverb. Ok here's a novice question just for fun. Could someone get away with this fab filter only in Auria and master a song quite well or does a person have to sell organs to get all of the fabs? Just wondering

The default limiter in Auria is "ok", nothing great. If you're looking for mastering tools, Pro-L would be a far better choice than Pro-R.

• @Tarekith said:

@Arpseechord said:

The default limiter in Auria is "ok", nothing great. If you're looking for mastering tools, Pro-L would be a far better choice than Pro-R.

Very good , that's what I was thinking also. Pro-L shall be it. Thanks!

• @Arpseechord said:

@Tarekith said:

@Arpseechord said:

Reverb isn't really a mastering tool, so generally the plugins you would typically find in a mastering chain would be a limiter, a de-esser, and a compressor or multi-band compressor and EQ.

Reverb is usually added at the mix stage, and is essential as such IMO, along with compression and EQ it's pretty much one of the bread and butter effects for mixing, but not mastering.

• @richardyot said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Tarekith said:

@Arpseechord said:

Reverb isn't really a mastering tool, so generally the plugins you would typically find in a mastering chain would be a limiter, a de-esser, and a compressor or multi-band compressor and EQ.

Reverb is usually added at the mix stage, and is essential as such IMO, along with compression and EQ it's pretty much one of the bread and butter effects for mixing, but not mastering.

Ok very helpful explanation thanks. I have no Fabfilter yet. I was thinking maybe get the EQ and Compressor first and wait awhile for Pro-L
    Is that a good strategy?

• @rickwaugh said:
    I think you could live within Auria, with two exceptions. I'm not a synth guy, but if the Fabfilter synths don't float your boat and you love synth, then probably not entirely. Also, if you really want some nice additional samples, you can go outside for those. But other than that, not sure what else I'd need.

I'm mostly a guitarist. For that I can just record direct from my pedalboard or use Overloud. I like playing with synths, but not enough to be too incredibly picky. The one thing that got me already is orchestral instruments. I've already redownloaded iSymphony and it sounds incredible through pro-r. Drums in Lyra are good enough for me.

Hoping I can concentrate and actually make some music now.

• @Arpseechord said:

@richardyot said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Tarekith said:

@Arpseechord said:

Ok very helpful explanation thanks. I have no Fabfilter yet. I was thinking maybe get the EQ and Compressor first and wait awhile for Pro-L
    Is that a good strategy?

It depends on what you are planning to do, are you using Auria for mixing, or for mastering?

If you are mastering I would get Pro L first. I f your are mixing then get Pro C first.

Also if you are on a budget it's worth getting the much cheaper Virsyn reverb and then saving up for Pro R at a later date.

The trouble with the FabFilters is that they are all good, but getting them all is quite pricey.

• @Matthew said:

We have a club for that, the monthly deadline keeps you honest:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/17207/song-of-the-month-club-february-2017/p1

• @richardyot said:

@Arpseechord said:

@richardyot said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Tarekith said:

@Arpseechord said:

Is that a good strategy?

It depends on what you are planning to do, are you using Auria for mixing, or for mastering?

If you are mastering I would get Pro L first. I f your are mixing then get Pro C first.

Also if you are on a budget it's worth getting the much cheaper Virsyn reverb and then saving up for Pro R at a later date.

The trouble with the FabFilters is that they are all good, but getting them all is quite pricey.

I would be using Auria for mastering actually so Pro-L fits the bill. I do have Virsyns' AudioReverb and I really enjoy it.
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge

• @Arpseechord said:

@richardyot said:

@Arpseechord said:

@richardyot said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Tarekith said:

@Arpseechord said:

Is that a good strategy?

I would be using Auria for mastering actually so Pro-L fits the bill. I do have Virsyns' AudioReverb and I really enjoy it.

In that case definitely go for Pro L, and if there is the budget Pro Q as well.

• http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/fabfilter-pro-r-646592

Another review of Pro-R that explains the three EQ facilities quite well.

The EQ's in Pro-R are in service to the reverb. Shaping the EQ of the signal going into the verb, shaping the EQ of the decay tails (which is it's most incredible feature) and shaping the final mixed dry/wet output signal.

Most of us have done the old school effects return to an open channel in order to be able to EQ the effect return. With reverbs especially it's still a useful technique. But it effects the entire sound of the reverb tail so if you want a "darker" reverb the lower EQ is applied to ALL of the wet tail.

This Decay Rate EQ is just insane in that you can still get a dark reverb going but have certain high frequencies still pop & sheen by having a bright tail.

One of my all-time favorite reverb tones is the Revolver/Sgt. Pepper era "oil can" chamber verbs from Abbey Road Studio 2. Listen to "Fixing A Hole" and the lead vocal reverb is a perfect example. This honky, mid rangey, dark reverb is totally possible with Pro-R. Just beautiful.

• @kgmessier said:

@supanorton said:

@kgmessier said:

@supanorton said:
    …we had a good bit of snow today.

Boston area, per chance?

I'm about 20 minutes north of New York City. We got about a foot of snow. How much did you get?

Not sure of the actual total, but it looks to be around 8"–10". I'm half an hour south of Boston.

More on the way!

That was the first snowfall of any significance all winter. Most people down here are happy it's been a pretty snowless winter; I'm not one of them.

Enjoy it!

• @supanorton said:

@kgmessier said:

@supanorton said:

@kgmessier said:

@supanorton said:
    …we had a good bit of snow today.

Boston area, per chance?

I'm about 20 minutes north of New York City. We got about a foot of snow. How much did you get?

Not sure of the actual total, but it looks to be around 8"–10". I'm half an hour south of Boston.

More on the way!

That was the first snowfall of any significance all winter. Most people down here are happy it's been a pretty snowless winter; I'm not one of them.

Enjoy it!

Nice snowfall we had here in Toronto area, has stopped now and will get to about plus 5 degrees today

• @richardyot said:

@Arpseechord said:

@richardyot said:

@Arpseechord said:

@richardyot said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Tarekith said:

@Arpseechord said:

Is that a good strategy?

In that case definitely go for Pro L, and if there is the budget Pro Q as well.

Thanks for the info. Talked to my brother today and he talked me out of purchasing any filters for now at least. If I record songs in Auria I'll only concentrate on mixing levels and panning then send it over to my brothers PC for the mastering. He has most of the Universal Audio plugins for a pro production.......lucky me :)

• @Matthew said:

@rickwaugh said:
    I think you could live within Auria, with two exceptions. I'm not a synth guy, but if the Fabfilter synths don't float your boat and you love synth, then probably not entirely. Also, if you really want some nice additional samples, you can go outside for those. But other than that, not sure what else I'd need.

I'm mostly a guitarist. For that I can just record direct from my pedalboard or use Overloud. I like playing with synths, but not enough to be too incredibly picky. The one thing that got me already is orchestral instruments. I've already redownloaded iSymphony and it sounds incredible through pro-r. Drums in Lyra are good enough for me.

I'm a guitar/bass player too. Have you tried Geoshred? Great synth that makes total sense to guitar players. Also, I finally bought Miroslav Philharmonic 2 in Sample Tank. Fantastic orchestral sounds.

• @rickwaugh said:

@Matthew said:

@rickwaugh said:

I'm a guitar/bass player too. Have you tried Geoshred? Great synth that makes total sense to guitar players. Also, I finally bought Miroslav Philharmonic 2 in Sample Tank. Fantastic orchestral sounds.

Out of comparative interest, do you have iSymphonic?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@rickwaugh said:

@Matthew said:

@rickwaugh said:

Out of comparative interest, do you have iSymphonic?

No, I don't. I just slapped myself three times to keep from running off and buying it. The one side of me says, the more the merrier. But if I have a passle of good sounds, I should just stop. Right? Right?? (Do you know your credit card talks to you.... it whispers little sweet nothings ALL THE TIME..... "buy" "buy" "buy"....)

• I have been eagerly anticipating Pro-R's release, yet for some reason I'm hesitating. What I need, I believe, is someone to convince me that my Air 2 won't catch fire if I'm running a modest sized (less than 10 track) project with a few other Fabs running', in addition to Pro-R. I am willing to freeze or bounce as needed, so perhaps I've already convinced myself.

• @Cliffy said:
    I have been eagerly anticipating Pro-R's release, yet for some reason I'm hesitating. What I need, I believe, is someone to convince me that my Air 2 won't catch fire if I'm running a modest sized (less than 10 track) project with a few other Fabs running', in addition to Pro-R. I am willing to freeze or bounce as needed, so perhaps I've already convinced myself.

Have a fire extinguisher near by just in case :)