Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria Pro v2.09 Approved WITH FabFilter Pro-R Reverb IAP!

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=15004

Just saw this and got that cool shiver feeling of anticipation and glee. FabFilter Pro-R was so impressive on YouTube videos all of us Auria geeks have been pining for it. If it's just 1/2 as good as the desktop version it'll be incredible, but since each of the FabFilter plugins I have sound just as good as desktop and carry the same algorithm & coding I'm hoping Pro-R is just as good as the others.

Comments

• edited February 2017

oh great, yeah have been beta testing, Pro-R is amazing and so too is pro-q 2 spectrum grab.
    These two things are pulling me back into using AP again after a break.

I've been testing the desktop version too and can't see any difference really

• @Carnbot said:
    oh great, yeah have been beta testing, Pro-R is amazing and so too is pro-q 2 spectrum grab.
    These two things are pulling back into using AP again after a break.

Best buzz/use of Pro-R for you?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Carnbot said:

It's got to be the most beautiful looking plugin on ios and that's a big thing when you use it full screen. I prefer to use it on a mix bus to send tracks to. It's also really easy to get into but with a lot of depth. There are a few demos out there worth watching.

Expensive though so I may wait until a sale...

• Is Spectrum Grab a new feature in the Auria version of Pro-Q2?

• @Carnbot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Carnbot said:

It's got to be the most beautiful looking plugin on ios and that's a big thing when you use it full screen. I prefer to use it on a mix bus to send tracks to. It's also really easy to get into but with a lot of depth. There are a few demos out there worth watching.

Thanks, the word expensive for someone who already knows about the Fabs gives me pause :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Thanks, the word expensive for someone who already knows about the Fabs gives me pause :)

$39.99 (USD)—The highest price tier.

• @kgmessier said:
    Is Spectrum Grab a new feature in the Auria version of Pro-Q2?

Yep :)

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Carnbot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Carnbot said:

Same as Pro-MB I think but post Brexit makes it a bit worse ths time around...

• @kgmessier said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Roughly the equivalent of two or three really good, and more versatile, apps.

• Very happy especially with spectrum grab, altho my finger gets in the way a bit.

• @1P18 said:

@kgmessier said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Roughly the equivalent of two or three really good, and more versatile, apps.

But if you need a quality reverb then maybe there is no better choice? Depending on your ears/taste of course.

I think we are spoilt with all the inexpensive toys out there which makes shelling out $40 unpalatable for some even though you are getting the same quality as a desktop plug in.

Not to say I'm going to dive in right away despite having Auria and most of the (for my money, excellent) FabFilter plug ins. I shall probably make do with what I have for now and likely cave in when the sale comes around.

• They fixed ProQ2 so spectrum grab now works like in the Desktop? That's the real headline, folks - everybody knew ProR was coming, but the fix was completely unexpected, and means the FabFilter devs are comitted to support Auria. I'm really stoked!

• @theconnactic said:
    They fixed ProQ2 so spectrum grab now works like in the Desktop? That's the real headline, folks - everybody knew ProR was coming, but the fix was completely unexpected, and means the FabFilter devs are comitted to support Auria. I'm really stoked!

Just like the desktop, was a bit unhappy about my finger, then I remembered the apple pencil, now I'm excite, looking forward to getting a new ipad and pencil this year.

• @mister_rz said:

@theconnactic said:
    They fixed ProQ2 so spectrum grab now works like in the Desktop? That's the real headline, folks - everybody knew ProR was coming, but the fix was completely unexpected, and means the FabFilter devs are comitted to support Auria. I'm really stoked!

Just like the desktop, was a bit unhappy about my finger, then I remembered the apple pencil, now I'm excite, looking forward to getting a new ipad and pencil this year.

Have a pencil, don't use it for art much, but love it when appropriate for music.....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@mister_rz said:

@theconnactic said:

Have a pencil, don't use it for art much, but love it when appropriate for music.....

Have you tried it with the spectrum grab?

• @mister_rz said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@mister_rz said:

@theconnactic said:

I have not. Far too sophisticated in the boffinery department for me, but it works nicely on Thesys which is my usual test case for fiddly....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@mister_rz said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@mister_rz said:

@theconnactic said:

I have not. Far too sophisticated in the boffinery department for me, but it works nicely on Thesys which is my usual test case for fiddly....

Yeah thesys is very special when it comes to editing, in a 80's kind of way.

• Purchased Pro-R. Perfect timing, just starting a mix down. I'm stoked. I like a lot of the reverb choices in Auria already, but I'm hoping to get something really killer this time. One thing that Timeless is not fantastic at, IMNSHO, is reverb. I like Convolution reverb, and PianoVerb, but let's see what this can do.

• @rickwaugh said:
    Purchased Pro-R. Perfect timing, just starting a mix down. I'm stoked. I like a lot of the reverb choices in Auria already, but I'm hoping to get something really killer this time. One thing that Timeless is not fantastic at, IMNSHO, is reverb. I like Convolution reverb, and PianoVerb, but let's see what this can do.

THE FATE OF MY POCKET MONEY IS IN YOUR HANDS VICAR,

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@rickwaugh said:
    Purchased Pro-R. Perfect timing, just starting a mix down. I'm stoked. I like a lot of the reverb choices in Auria already, but I'm hoping to get something really killer this time. One thing that Timeless is not fantastic at, IMNSHO, is reverb. I like Convolution reverb, and PianoVerb, but let's see what this can do.

THE FATE OF MY POCKET MONEY IS IN YOUR HANDS VICAR,

I'm sure I can create a timely review for a small, or, well, semi-small consideration.... ;)

• edited February 2017

Bought Pro-R and did my marimba & xylophone test on it to hear the decay & transient response, etc. I am trying not to fall into hyperbole or overblow anything until I spend another few hours with it but gawdDAMN! This is really, really good.

Didn't try Q-2 yet, is it automatically updated with Auria v2.09 ? Spectrum grab! Will definitely be interested in that...

• edited February 2017

Just received $55 in iTunes cards for my birthday. Heading out to the Auria store and don't have to drive as we had a good bit of snow today.

Thanks for the tip @JRSIV.

• Alrighty then, time to save the money, lol. $39.99 is reasonable for something that offers top sound quality, multiple instances and, most importantly, STABILITY! (And even if something crashes and/or malfunctions, Rim is customer-orientated as well as Fabfilter. So, eventually, a guaranteed fix will follow.)

• @supanorton said:
    Just received $55 in iTunes cards for my birthday. Heading out to the Auria store and don't have to drive as we had a good bit of snow today.

Thanks for the tip @JRSIV.

Right on, makes me not feel so bad for jumping in day one, lol. I surely hope they dont put all the apps on sale including Pro-R for a special introductory period. No word before it came out or since. F### it, it's well worth the $40 bucks!

• Agghh, I made the fatal mistake of checking out the demos on YouTube (not the best medium for sound quality but ...).

Dan Worrall is so good he could sell me a fleece jacket ... it's going to be 40 degrees C here this weekend for context ...

• $50 for those of us in UK at the current exchange rate : (

• @supanorton said:
    …we had a good bit of snow today.

Boston area, per chance?

• @TheVimFuego said:
    ... it's going to be 40 degrees C here this weekend for context ...

QLD, Australia?

• @Rubooch said:

@TheVimFuego said:

QLD, Australia?

The very place, halfway between Brisbane and the Gold Coast in the hinterland when I'm not working to pay the bills (and apps, of which there seems to be a steady stream of "must haves").

• @TheVimFuego said:

@Rubooch said:

@TheVimFuego said:

QLD, Australia?

The very place, halfway between Brisbane and the Gold Coast in the hinterland when I'm not working to pay the bills (and apps, of which there seems to be a steady stream of "must haves").

I'm in Cairns. Raining here, was down that way over xmas, went to the theme parks and the hinterland. Glad I'm not there this weekend though.