Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Price increases ?

124»

Comments

• @Carnbot said:

But I can agree that dwelling on it is fairly pointless and there comes a time to move on etc

That time is now. It seems all the increases have happened, my wish list would now cost about £50 more than 3 days ago, so there is nothing that can be done. Let's move on.

• It comes as well as the 'strange' price reduction-hike in hardware and the distinct rarity in festive iTunes offers here in the UK.

• @gsm909 said:
    … my wish list would now cost about £50 more than 3 days ago …

If you're referring to FCP, why not give BlackMagic Fusion or Davinci Resolve a try? The free version of either is still highly capable and does most of what most of us would want, unless you happen to run a major television channel or are a top film company.

• @greengrocer said:
    My advise to Sebastian close this thread and start with a 3 strikes ban sytem for people who are repeatingly trolling this forum with annoying and stingy political messages.

Great idea. We all have political views, some very passionate and at odds with one another. But the thing that unites us all is music. Surely, that is worth more than scoring a few points here and there, offending each other?

• @Nkersov said:

@greengrocer said:
    My advise to Sebastian close this thread and start with a 3 strikes ban sytem for people who are repeatingly trolling this forum with annoying and stingy political messages.

Great idea. We all have political views, some very passionate and at odds with one another. But the thing that unites us all is music. Surely, that is worth more than scoring a few points here and there, offending each other?

That may all be well and good, but as with the Sensual Sax debate, it did raise genuine concerns by various members, at times it did get fractious, that thread could have been called political by anyone, so it's a very grey area.

• Here's proof that music not only unites us but soothes the soul

• @knewspeak said:
    That may all be well and good, but as with the Sensual Sax debate, it did raise genuine concerns by various members, at times it did get fractious, that thread could have been called political by anyone, so it's a very grey area.

>

The Sensual Sax debate was very specific. All to do with one app and how it was represented. Perfectly legit for anyone to make their view clear, and nothing whatsoever to do with divisive _party politica_l beliefs.

In other words, nobody was blaming the developer's choices on the decisions of the British or American people, or trying to tie those decisions into a debate that was actually about the boundaries of taste in a music app.

• @Nkersov said:

@knewspeak said:

>

The Sensual Sax debate was very specific. All to do with one app and how it was represented. Perfectly legit for anyone to make their view clear, and nothing whatsoever to do with divisive _party politica_l beliefs.

In other words, nobody was blaming the developer's choices on the decisions of the British or American people, or trying to tie those decisions into a debate that was actually about the boundaries of taste in a music app.

That's not quite how I remember it.

• @Nkersov said:

@decibelle said:
    I mean, if you ask some people to be silent about a particular topic because of your personal preference, would you be willing to silence yourself on a different topic affecting the personal preference of others?

>

Sometimes, self censorship benefits all. Politics is running this forum. Regular contributors are getting fed up and quitting because of it. There are any number of social media sites to discuss whatever one may wish. So there is no need to sink this place knee deep in divisive inflammatory shit.

I guess it depends on which shit(s) divide(s)/inflame(s) whom, because I've certainly observed that the shit dividing/inflaming one is unlikely to be the same shit dividing/inflaming all.

Is one person's opinion enough to categorise a topic/thread as "inflammatory/divisive/shit"?

How upset does somebody have to be before a topic/thread qualifies as "divisive/inflammatory/shit"?

Other than Sebastian, who gets to decide who is dividing/inflaming/shitting whom?

• edited January 2017

@knewspeak said:

@Nkersov said:

@greengrocer said:

In this thread it's obvious clear that even the moderator and site-owner is lured into giving his personal political view.

"It's bad for everyone. Apple, developers, users. But that's what happens when whole nations isolate themselves from the rest of the world. It's really sad."

This is cleary a call for a globalist agenda and could be the start of a heated debate because you can argue if this is the right view. I'm from the Netherlands (EU) and as I somewhere stated earlier in this thread, the price of apps from 2013 to 2015 went up with 25% for me because of de weaking of the EU vs Dollar. I doubt if this would have been the case if the Netherlands would have entered the EU. We always had a strong currency. I have quite a few friends in Spain and Greece that switched to PC (cheaper) or hardly buy apps anymore because of the terrible economic situation in their countries because of the austerity the EU imposed. If both countries where still indepent they could have devaluated their currency as they always did before they entered the EU and become more competitive. Prices in the app store probably would be up for those countries, but the economy would probably better and they had more money to spend. Now they are trapped in the Euro.
    To be clear I don't want to attack Sebastian on his personal views. He probably was also taken away with his emotions. It's understandable. Just wanted to make the point that what he says can be argued in a political sense. And I also understand that some people here just seem to make everything (sometimes blunt and sometimes subtle) political which lure others into political debates.

• @greengrocer said:

@knewspeak said:

@Nkersov said:

@greengrocer said:

In this thread it's obvious clear that even the moderator and site-owner is lured into giving his personal political view.

"It's bad for everyone. Apple, developers, users. But that's what happens when whole nations isolate themselves from the rest of the world. It's really sad."

This is cleary a call for a globalist agenda and could be the start of a heated debate because you can argue if this is the right view. I'm from the Netherlands (EU) and as I somewhere stated earlier in this thread, the price of apps from 2013 to 2015 went up with 25% for me because of de weaking of the EU vs Dollar. I doubt if this would have been the case if the Netherlands would have entered the EU. We always had a strong currency. I have quite a few friends in Spain and Greece that switched to PC (cheaper) or hardly buy apps anymore because of the terrible economic situation in their countries because of the austerity the EU imposed. If both countries where still indepent they could have devaluated their currency as they always did before they entered the EU and become more competitive. Prices in the app store probably would be up for those countries, but the economy would probably better and they had more money to spend. Now they are trapped in the Euro.
    To be clear I don't want to attack Sebastian on his personal views. He probably was also taken away with his emotions. It's understandable. Just wanted to make the point that what he says can be argued in a political sense. And I also understand that some people here just seem to make everything (sometimes blunt and sometimes subtle) political which lure others into political debates.

Trapped? I could argue for leaving or staying, but trapped I wouldn't say that.

• edited January 2017

Well, the only conclusion I can draw is that some of you prefer to argue the toss over things we cannot control, to the detriment of this community. Posting your view - foisting it upon the unwilling - is more important to you than what we have together.

So, I think I'd best wait to see what Sebastian has to say on the mater, and if he either can't or won't end posts - all posts - that divide us along political lines, I'll likely take my leave if this place and try my luck elsewhere.

• edited January 2017

@Sebastian said:
    It's bad for everyone. Apple, developers, users. But that's what happens when whole nations isolate themselves from the rest of the world. It's really sad.

>

Okay, I take that as a direct political statement, aimed at my country. I can't even begin to express my disappointment that you would tell everyone else not to do this, then jump in with both feet.

The UK is actually trying to reconnect with the rest of the world, including the EU. We just don't want a boot on our throats. Please, terminate my account.

• Never stop a rolling stone...

Seriously though,why are some people always looking for public drama?Wouldn't it be a more logical move to send him a private message if you like to terminate the account?At least,that's what i would do.

• @Nkersov said:

@Sebastian said:
    It's bad for everyone. Apple, developers, users. But that's what happens when whole nations isolate themselves from the rest of the world. It's really sad.

>

Okay, I take that as a direct political statement, aimed at my country. I can't even begin to express my disappointment that you would tell everyone else not to do this, then jump in with both feet.

The UK is actually trying to reconnect with the rest of the world, including the EU. We just don't want a jackboot on our throats. Please, terminate my account.

Try to look at things from more perspectives and try to keep your respect, even if you think others haven't, but even though I don't always agree with your viewpoint, to hear you are leaving would be a loss.

• I think the instinct to ban any speech is wrong. We can have different opinions, and occasionally they come to the fore. Let's try to resolve them in a mature manner. I became a musician because I have a unique perspective on the world, because I most definitely am a Special Snowflake, and I wholly reject any enterprise that endorses a three-strikes rule. I also believe it is wrong to attack anyone personally -- that crosses a line, every time. (Although the jury still seems to be out on punching Nazis.) Let's behave respectfully, and if you feel the urge to polemically shred -- and I have been guilty, I concede -- remember: The forum member whose views you attack might have a great trick on how to set up a Ruismaker template in Modstep.

• Hmm, this is interesting. In an attempt to post a flippant reply to above regarding Cornwall becoming independent and joining the EU, I discover that the Cornish people had been granted minority status by the council of Europe. The who? I looked up the council of Europe. Then I found an interesting article, which might turn out to be a good thing: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/07/26/uk_membership_of_council_of_europe_has_implications_for_data_protection_after_brexit/

• @knewspeak said:
    Try to look at things from more perspectives and try to keep your respect, even if you think others haven't, but even though I don't always agree with your viewpoint, to hear you are leaving would be a loss.

>

Thank you for that, I really do appreciate it.

We all have our problems. If I seemed harsh, or upset anyone then I apologise. I'm as passionate in what I believe as those who think opposite. I'm not a bad guy.

Unfortunately, I am dealing with a re-occurrence of a chronic illness at this time, and this shit is making it worse. AB was a place I could go to talk music. Now, my blood pressure rises just looking at the site. :/

• @Sebastian said:

@knewspeak said:
    but my comment about market share was more a reference to the hardware sales of Apple, now that, is the price of admission to the iOS world, if that declines further, it is bad news for developers, as much as Apple.

The EU is not the rest of the world, it's not even Europe.

This discussion has been closed.