Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Price increases ?

Comments

• Murphy's law: Only increase apps that are on your wish list.

• But that's like saying Rolls Royce have a monopoly because they are the only people who can sell you a Rolls Royce.

Seems to me the AppStore is more like a department store with concession stands. No one forces developers to sell in it, they could develop for Windows or Android instead and no one is forced to buy I devices.

Actually I wish some of them would do a bit more development on other platforms too as the Apple ecosystem is starting to get out of my price range.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    I wouldn't call it a rapid reaction either, I remember forecasting AppStore price increases the day after the referendum , but it's taken all this time to see them.

Yep... they've actually taken a long while to adjust to the currency change - which pretty much hit the after the referendum and has stayed that way ever since.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    I wouldn't call it a rapid reaction either, I remember forecasting AppStore price increases the day after the referendum , but it's taken all this time to see them.

Yep... they've actually taken a long while to adjust to the currency change - which pretty much hit the after the referendum and has stayed that way ever since.

Didn't they also say that the increase is partly to cover VAT. As longs as the tricky beggars actually pay it this time :D

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Didn't they also say that the increase is partly to cover VAT. As longs as the tricky beggars actually pay it this time :D

Shouldn't do, they put prices up last year for that.

• Wow, drum session up to £23.99 from £18.99.

Devs do now have the ability to change the price band, but if not it looks like some apps will be beyond my value threshold!

• @skoptic said:
    Wow, drum session up to £23.99 from £18.99.

Devs do now have the ability to change the price band, but if not it looks like some apps will be beyond my value threshold!

Ditto

• It's actually a little scary in there now. I'm relieved I've been splurging all this money on apps over the last few years, sure won't be buying as many now. Probably.

• @MonzoPro said:
    It's actually a little scary in there now. I'm relieved I've been splurging all this money on apps over the last few years, sure won't be buying as many now. Probably.

Yeah likewise......have made a not unsubstantial investment up to now....will be much more selective in future.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Is there any other marketplace that is as large yet monolithic as the App Store? I think it would be the most nimble in terms of adjusting to currency shifts, but is this happening elsewhere? Or is it truly just Apple being rapacious capitalists?

It's happening everywhere. If you're exporting to the UK you've basically seen a 25% fall in revenue. I'm surprised it's taken this long really.

• Yes, most ideological voters tend to have a rethink when the price of milk shoots up.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Yes, most ideological voters tend to have a rethink when the price of milk shoots up.

Just over a third of the population voted for it. Unfortunately we all have to pay the consequences.

• The latest Launchpad Soundpack has just gone up from the usual £1.49 to £1.99. How is that 25%? I have bought them all up until now (2 a week) as they have come out but will probably stop now unless I really want them.

• @EssexGooner said:
    The latest Launchpad Soundpack has just gone up from the usual £1.49 to £1.99. How is that 25%? I have bought them all up until now (2 a week) as they have come out but will probably stop now unless I really want them.

I haven't seen a single increase that equates to 25%, they're all about 30.

• Well 79p to 99p and 7.99 to 9.99 are as near as dammit 25%

• edited January 2017

@BiancaNeve said:
    Well 79p to 99p and 7.99 to 9.99 are as near as dammit 25%

True. But there's also 5.99 = 7.99, 9.99 = 12.99, 10.99 = 14.99, 14.99 = 19.99 and £149 = £199 that aren't.

Considering the pound is only around 17% lower at the moment I'd say they're pushing their luck a bit there.

• @MonzoPro said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    Well 79p to 99p and 7.99 to 9.99 are as near as dammit 25%

True. But there's also 5.99 = 7.99, 9.99 = 12.99, 10.99 = 14.99, 14.99 = 19.99 and £149 = £199 that aren't.

Considering the pound is only around 17% lower at the moment I'd say they're pushing their luck a bit there.

Probably just looking ahead a bit :)...

• Coincidentally, this week I'm announcing a consumption decrease. More than 25% though, probably close to 100%.

• Prices Up, Sell Less, Lower Market Share, time to tighten those belts, I'm voting with my wallet £$€, makes no difference if you ain't buyin'.

• edited January 2017

@knewspeak said:
    I'm voting with my wallet

Developers can only set price tiers and price tiers are translated to different amounts in different currencies. It looks like UK price tiers' amounts in british pound have been increased by Apple. From the average developer's perspective the UK makes up less than 10% of overall revenue. So even a 100% decline in revenue from the UK would hardly make developers change price points for the rest of the world, because they'd lose far more revenue if they did that.

I'm sorry to have to break it to you but the time for voting is over. These are the consequences of brexit and they're here to stay, at least until the british pound recovers.

• @Sebastian said:

@knewspeak said:
    I'm voting with my wallet

Developers can only set price tiers and price tiers are translated to different amounts in different currencies. It looks like UK price tiers' amounts in british pound have been increased by Apple. From the average developer's perspective the UK makes up less than 10% of overall revenue. So even a 100% decline in revenue from the UK would hardly make developers change price points for the rest of the world, because they'd lose far more revenue if they did that.

I'm sorry to have to break it to you but the time for voting is over. These are the consequences of brexit and they're here to stay.

Yes, but every action is not in isolation, but as you say the effects of world economics will have consequences, it always has, but my comment about market share was more a reference to the hardware sales of Apple, now that, is the price of admission to the iOS world, if that declines further, it is bad news for developers, as much as Apple.

• I'm not voting or whatever, it's that I've got no money.

• @knewspeak said:
    but my comment about market share was more a reference to the hardware sales of Apple, now that, is the price of admission to the iOS world, if that declines further, it is bad news for developers, as much as Apple.

It's bad for everyone. Apple, developers, users. But that's what happens when whole nations isolate themselves from the rest of the world. It's really sad.

• @u0421793 said:
    I'm not voting or whatever, it's that I've got no money.

Hope you've picked up the FM spreadsheet Synth, it fits your budgetary requirements. It may also double to help sort out your finances. ;)

• edited January 2017

@Sebastian said:

@knewspeak said:
    but my comment about market share was more a reference to the hardware sales of Apple, now that, is the price of admission to the iOS world, if that declines further, it is bad news for developers, as much as Apple.

It's bad for everyone. Apple, developers, users. But that's what happens when whole nations isolate themselves from the rest of the world. It's really sad.

The 48% of us that voted to stay in aren't giving up yet....

• @MonzoPro said:

@Sebastian said:

@knewspeak said:

But the saddest thing of all, is that it's not nations, it's neighbors.

• edited January 2017

@knewspeak said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Sebastian said:

@knewspeak said:

But the saddest thing of all, is that it's not nations, it's neighbors.

That's the shocker, and aside from the economic implications there's a lot of latent xenophobia creeping out of the woodwork from people you least expect it from. Big divisions in family and friendships.

Worrying times.

• edited January 2017

@MonzoPro said:

It would be a lot higher than that now if there was another vote.

Apple have clearly put their interests first. Whatever happens to the exchange rates in the future, you can be certain that the prices will never drop. It's a one way arrangement.

• @knewspeak said:

@u0421793 said:
    I'm not voting or whatever, it's that I've got no money.

Hope you've picked up the FM spreadsheet Synth, it fits your budgetary requirements. It may also double to help sort out your finances. ;)

Thanks, it is actually very good.

• @EssexGooner said:

@MonzoPro said:

It would be a lot higher than that now if there was another vote.

Apple have clearly put their interests first. Whatever happens to the exchange rates in the future, you can be certain that the prices will never drop. It's a one way arrangement.

So you'd pick up that chalice, whatever the outcome, to take shape, will suit only those that poisoned it. They will just say 'look, we told you, they'd make a mess of it'

This discussion has been closed.