Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Price increases ?

Comments

• @EssexGooner said:

@MonzoPro said:

The 48% of us that voted to stay in aren't giving up yet....

It would be a lot higher than that now if there was another vote.

Apple have clearly put their interests first. Whatever happens to the exchange rates in the future, you can be certain that the prices will never drop. It's a one way arrangement.

I think you're right unfortunately. Whereabouts in Essex are you?

• @u0421793 said:
    Coincidentally, this week I'm announcing a consumption decrease. More than 25% though, probably close to 100%.

People in the UK spending > @Sebastian said:

@knewspeak said:
    but my comment about market share was more a reference to the hardware sales of Apple, now that, is the price of admission to the iOS world, if that declines further, it is bad news for developers, as much as Apple.

It's bad for everyone. Apple, developers, users. But that's what happens when whole nations isolate themselves from the rest of the world. It's really sad.

I love it when Sebastian gets political :)

• @MonzoPro said:

Near Chelmsford.

• @EssexGooner said:

@MonzoPro said:

Near Chelmsford.

Cool. Used to frequent a pub there called the Prince of Orange, many moons ago...

• It is worth pointing out, one supposes, by way of being by the way, apropos of all of this, etc, that Final Touch has an exceedingly long idea of what Black Friday is, and is still actually on the sale price for it! All it needs is to become an AU and it'd be a lot more useful in things like Auria, eh what?

• For no apparent reason other than checking my wishlist here are some numbers.

PPG Apps : £14.99 now £19.99 ~33% increase.
    Troublemaker : £7.99 now £9.99 ~ 25% increase.

Well I guess it's good news if these price hikes help the developers at least.
    (Not sure if that will be the case)

• Just some clarification. These price hikes at the moment are in the UK only but will eventually affect other countries?

• Hey hey now.. what's the big deal here? So now u have to cough up the same amount as us Americans? I'm a bit confused here, enlighten me!?

• Don't u have free health care out there in the U.K.?

• @Arpseechord said:
    Just some clarification. These price hikes at the moment are in the UK only but will eventually affect other countries?

I'm not on the board at Apple or anything, but according to the reports, the price hikes are relative to the correction of the pound having dropped significantly. No political statement about brexit or any other country or politician or any of that shit that seems to want to infect all of us with animosity lately. I'm just relaying what I read in some article on one of the few news sources I half trust. I could be wrong. I won't speculate on if the prices are going to drop or get cut in half or if apple will start only accepting bitcoin. No clue what the future holds. I'm realizing I've used more words to explain what I'm not trying to say than the thing I'm actually saying. Maybe we're over thinking this.

• edited January 2017

Does Apple do sales on their apps in the Mac App Store? The reason I ask is because I am wanting to buy Logic Pro X but just missed the the £150 price as it went up to £200 a week earlier than it was supposed to. It would be great if sometime in the future Apple did a 25% off sale. Please advise.

• @Artmuzz said:
    Does Apple do sales on their apps in the Mac App Store? The reason I ask is because I am wanting to buy Logic Pro X but just missed the the £150 price as it went up to £200 a week earlier than it was supposed to. It would be great if sometime in the future Apple did a 25% off sale. Please advise.

You can find a history of all app prices changes and version updates in sites like appshopper http://appshopper.com/mac/music/logic-pro-x

You can sign up and receive alerts for price changes on chosen apps, invaluable.

• @Sebastian said:
    I'm sorry to have to break it to you but the time for voting is over. These are the consequences of brexit and they're here to stay, at least until the british pound recovers.

>

As you have raised this point, I feel free to make one small comment. Well, more of a request. I'm doing my bit to keep it zipped, and not responding to or post anything political on this forum. Others, keep on sniping away, taking a pop at those who do not share their view and blaming democratic choice for all the ills, based mainly on how they are _personally _affected at this time. Ultimately, Sebastian, this is not fair and if allowed will ruin the forum for all.

My humble request to those posting politics is _please _stop. We can all believe what we believe in, privately. If this doesn't happen, then I request Sebastian to delete any and all political posts until those doing this get the idea.

• @johnn said:
    Don't u have free health care out there in the U.K.?

No, everything has to be paid for, but it's meant for all citizens regardless of income.

• edited January 2017

Now that we the UK are no longer part of Europe, and never even had the Euro as currency, and if you read the news media you'd gain the impression that we're actually now at war with the EU, the way they're reporting it, I'd say that the time is correct to depart from Eurorack format for synths. The new Brexitrack - much much smaller, considerably more economical and with no compatibility with foreign systems for importing or exporting control signals or audio. It only works part time, too.

Last night I watched "I'm All Right Jack" (I'd just watched Dr Strangelove again and fancied more Peter Sellers). It is interestingly revealing that we, Great Britain, were in a considerably more institutionally fucked-up situation in the late fifties than we ever are now - we've got it good.

• Yes, but the same could be said for the rest of the world in the 50's, but progress, like music can lead you a dance one-step forward, two-steps back....funny a lot of British classics are owned by Canal+

• @johnn said:

We do. The National Health Service provides free health care to all citizens. It's paid for by the tax we pay to the government.

• @knewspeak said:

@johnn said:

No, everything has to be paid for, but it's meant for all citizens regardless of income.

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@johnn said:

We do. The National Health Service provides free health care to all citizens. It's paid for by the tax we pay to the government

Is it 100% coverage? I praise Obama for at least trying to institute healthcare for all Americans. I highly doubt the republicans will "repeal and replace" the affordable care act.

• @boone51 said:

@Arpseechord said:
    Just some clarification. These price hikes at the moment are in the UK only but will eventually affect other countries?

I'm not on the board at Apple or anything, but according to the reports, the price hikes are relative to the correction of the pound having dropped significantly. No political statement about brexit or any other country or politician or any of that shit that seems to want to infect all of us with animosity lately. I'm just relaying what I read in some article on one of the few news sources I half trust. I could be wrong. I won't speculate on if the prices are going to drop or get cut in half or if apple will start only accepting bitcoin. No clue what the future holds. I'm realizing I've used more words to explain what I'm not trying to say than the thing I'm actually saying. Maybe we're over thinking this.

Ok thanks I was just wondering because here in Canada we've had over the past few years adjustments because of our weak dollar to the USD. I thought more increases were coming soon for many countries. It's definitely hard times for many and I'm having to reign in my purchases considerably now and so are many many others

• Well actually it seems like it's paid for by increasing the national debt every year, there is an almost infinite demand for additional health care as new treatments become available and the population increases and ages. It's one of those circles that need squaring........

• @Nkersov said:

@Sebastian said:
    I'm sorry to have to break it to you but the time for voting is over. These are the consequences of brexit and they're here to stay, at least until the british pound recovers.

>

As you have raised this point, I feel free to make one small comment. Well, more of a request. I'm doing my bit to keep it zipped, and not responding to or post anything political on this forum. Others, keep on sniping away, taking a pop at those who do not share their view and blaming democratic choice for all the ills, based mainly on how they are _personally _affected at this time. Ultimately, Sebastian, this is not fair and if allowed will ruin the forum for all.

My humble request to those posting politics is _please _stop. We can all believe what we believe in, privately. If this doesn't happen, then I request Sebastian to delete any and all political posts until those doing this get the idea.

@Nkersov If everybody here refrained from ONE topic which SOMEbody or other is uncomfortable with, then we ALL would end up SILENT.

I mean, if you ask some people to be silent about a particular topic because of your personal preference, would you be willing to silence yourself on a different topic affecting the personal preference of others?

• edited January 2017

@decibelle said:
    I mean, if you ask some people to be silent about a particular topic because of your personal preference, would you be willing to silence yourself on a different topic affecting the personal preference of others?

>

Sometimes, self censorship benefits all. Politics is running this forum. Regular contributors are getting fed up and quitting because of it. There are any number of social media sites to discuss whatever one may wish. So there is no need to sink this place knee deep in divisive inflammatory shit.

• ^You know, you don't have to get involved, and if you're not a UK customer, then it's probably all very dull for you, looking in, but it's a major hike in costs for us U.K. Appoholics, no matter how you see the 'global' economy.
    Anyways, £30 left in my iTunes account, and I won't be buying much til the Gadget update drops, then I'll be seriously cutting back on purchases this year.

• edited January 2017

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@u0421793 said:
    Coincidentally, this week I'm announcing a consumption decrease. More than 25% though, probably close to 100%.

People in the UK spending > @Sebastian said:

@knewspeak said:
    but my comment about market share was more a reference to the hardware sales of Apple, now that, is the price of admission to the iOS world, if that declines further, it is bad news for developers, as much as Apple.

It's bad for everyone. Apple, developers, users. But that's what happens when whole nations isolate themselves from the rest of the world. It's really sad.

I love it when Sebastian gets political :)

Quote from @Sebastian about political charged threads from 20 January
    "No more of threse politically charged threads. This forum is about music and not about goading people with a different political viewpoint into some sort of reaction.

I've messaged the thread creator that this is not acceptable and I will take further steps if it happens again."

• Nothing wrong with discussing the facts and being civil and that's what this thread is about, being about price increases.

I'm glad that I've invested so much until now so that I don't need as much from this point. I can't see how it won't impact UK sales from a developers perspective which is a shame. But 2017 should be another good one for iOS on the other hand with AU stuff taking a firm grip etc :)

• @Carnbot said:
    But 2017 should be another good one for iOS on the other hand with AU stuff taking a firm grip etc :)

Yeah, But I think we'll also have to accept the fact that some of the older apps we want to see as AUv3 will never come (ie. less 'free updates'). A 'criteria' to successfully sell a music app in 2017 will be AUv3 if we're not talking about Korg :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Nothing wrong with discussing the facts and being civil and that's what this thread is about, being about price increases.

Price increase of apps, sure. But some members keep on injecting their political bias. Sneaking in little comments under the disguise of genuine discussion about music apps. Why can't we all just drop that, an talk music?

• @Samu said:

@Carnbot said:
    But 2017 should be another good one for iOS on the other hand with AU stuff taking a firm grip etc :)

Yeah, But I think we'll also have to accept the fact that some of the older apps we want to see as AUv3 will never come (ie. less 'free updates'). A 'criteria' to successfully sell a music app in 2017 will be AUv3 if we're not talking about Korg :)

Probably true, yes.
    Still hoping for quite a few of my favourite synths and FX to add an AU extension.

@Nkersov said:

@Carnbot said:
    Nothing wrong with discussing the facts and being civil and that's what this thread is about, being about price increases.

Price increase of apps, sure. But some members keep on injecting their political bias. Sneaking in little comments under the disguise of genuine discussion about music apps. Why can't we all just drop that, an talk music?

It's understandable why comments come out when the current climate directly affects how much you can spend on your passions like music. But I can agree that dwelling on it is fairly pointless and there comes a time to move on etc

• I think the usually canny Apple have dropped the ball on this one. Hiking up prices when people in the UK are starting to reign in their spending is a mistake. Even without the financial worries some of us now have, the new prices are out of the 'give it a punt' zone, and £20 synths in particular will now be under more 'do I really need another synth?' scrutiny.

I'm lucky I've been buying up music apps like they've going out of fashion for the last couple of years - I'd hate to be in the shoes of someone just starting out. The App Store looks scary now.

• edited January 2017

@Nkersov said:

@Carnbot said:

Exactly and it has become so far that even moderator and site-owner @Sebastian is seduced to do political statements. This proves that even for @Sebastian it's very hard to not lured in this kind of political trolling. My advise to Sebastian close this thread and start with a 3 strikes ban sytem for people who are repeatingly trolling this forum with annoying and stingy political messages.

This discussion has been closed.