Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Price increases ?

Poison-202 has gone up from £7.99 to £9.99 today, that seems massively excessive, hope its not the new trend on the back of 'brexit' excuses

Comments

• edited January 2017

Didn't you see the thread about Apple raising prices?

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/16981/appstore-price-tier-restructuring/p1

• Yes, didn't you know they are greedy bastards? ;)

• Spanish Store shows €9,99.

• Brexit, innit...

• Oh no, not again...

Even if we would have one currency across the globe there will always be differences on as to how much work needs to be put down to earn the money...

• edited January 2017

Ok, I've just bought virsyn reslice before it increases, but DDMF 6144 EQ has also gone up to £9.99 and steppolyarp has gone from £9.99 to £12.99. Both were on my wish list. It begins...

• edited January 2017

Here in Australia, we went through the same a year ago. What's beyond my understanding is that the official USD/AUD exchange rate is about 1.33 but it's 1.5-1.6 in the App Store. Sometimes even more - for example, Final Cut Pro, that is $300 in the US mac app store, here is 500 AUD. People complain, leave one star reviews but they don't give a damn

Reminds me of how Adobe used to overcharge us for years. Often, it was cheaper to fly to the US than to buy their software in Australia

• So everyone in this thread voted against the Brexit or did some of you voted for the Brexit and expected a price decrease ?

• Those apps have increased in price, but not everything in my list has yet. Why is that if it's supposed to be a generic UK increase?

• @Carnbot said:
    Those apps have increased in price, but not everything in my list has yet. Why is that if it's supposed to be a generic UK increase?

There are millions of apps in the app store. I guess it just takes some time to update every price. They probably do it in batches of reasonable size, not everything at once

• @yug said:

@Carnbot said:
    Those apps have increased in price, but not everything in my list has yet. Why is that if it's supposed to be a generic UK increase?

There are millions of apps in the app store. I guess it just takes some time to update every price. They probably do it in batches of reasonable size, not everything at once

ok yeah, guess I thought it would instantaneous across the board, hmm better look and see if i should buy anything off my list before they update.... :)

• edited January 2017

I was going to buy Logic Pro X at the unbeatable price of £150 only to find greedy Apple have raised the price to £200. I thought it was next week they were raising the prices in the U.K but apparently not. Damn shame! As I was going to buy this but I don't think I will bother now. I think I will use the money to buy the Reason 9 update. :(

• @yug said:
    Yes, didn't you know they are greedy bastards? ;)

I heard that water is wet as well.

• @Artmuzz said:
    I was going to buy Logic Pro X at the unbeatable price of £150 only to find greedy Apple have raised the price to £200. I thought it was next week they were raising the prices in the U.K but apparently not. Damn shame! As I was going to buy this but I don't think I will bother now. I think I will use the money to buy the Reason 9 update. :(

Blimey that's steep.

I thought we had until next week, bummer.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Artmuzz said:

Blimey that's steep.

Yep. Damn. We were going to buy that for the business. That's a big increase (33% not 25%).

Guess I'll keep using Auria to edit audio to video (it's amazingly good at this actually). Just would have been a bit easier to have something on my mac for this.

• @gsm909 said:
    Ok, I've just bought virsyn reslice before it increases, but DDMF 6144 EQ has also gone up to £9.99 and steppolyarp has gone from £9.99 to £12.99. Both were on my wish list. It begins...

Yep... it begins...

The UK isn't used to this (we've had a pretty strong currency for a long time).

I wonder how the UK general public is going to feel a year or two down the line.

• edited January 2017

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@gsm909 said:

Yep... it begins...

I wonder how the UK general public is going to feel a year or two down the line.

In EU
    2012 cheapest apps were €0.79. Since 2015 prices cheapest apps are €0.99
    This was a 25% price increase.

Seems Apple repeats this trick now in de UK exact same price increase (25%)
    Also Apple equipment has increased enormous in price last few years in EU.

• @greengrocer said:

@gsm909 said:

Yep... it begins...

In EU

I guess my point is that this is unlikely to be unique to Apple in the coming months and years. £ prices being on parity with Euro prices is not something we are used to here in the UK. And it will start to hit people in their pocket as things slowly filter through.

We import a lot of stuff to this island :).

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Artmuzz said:

Blimey that's steep.

Yep. Damn. We were going to buy that for the business. That's a big increase (33% not 25%).

Guess I'll keep using Auria to edit audio to video (it's amazingly good at this actually). Just would have been a bit easier to have something on my mac for this.

I know it's of no comfort, but even at £200 it's still good value - it's a cracking bit of kit. As for the app store increases I have a set limit each month that I'm comfortable spending, so if they cost more I'll just buy less. I notice the Korg synths are now nearly £30 (iWavestation £28.99) though - at that price I won't be buying them at all.

I've been hit already as I have to buy computer kit and software for my business. Apple put hardware prices up before Xmas and I have software subscriptions and licenses that are priced in dollars, so my costs have gone up by about %30 compared with last year. The double whammy is there's now less work, as a lot of my clients projects were funded by EU money and the grants are already drying up. When Mrs Monzo's EU funded job contract runs out next year we could both be without an income.

• edited January 2017

@greengrocer said:

@gsm909 said:

Yep... it begins...

In EU

I guess my point is that this is unlikely to be unique to Apple in the coming months and years. £ prices being on parity with Euro prices is not something we are used to here in the UK. And it will start to hit people in their pocket as things slowly filter through.

Understand it. But for me Britain gets very attractive as holiday country now :) Besides that it could give a boost on British export and domestic industrie/ companies. Curious how this all develops.

• @gsm909 said:
    Poison-202 has gone up from £7.99 to £9.99 today, that seems massively excessive, hope its not the new trend on the back of 'brexit' excuses

Sterling has fallen by about 25% against the dollar, and this increase is 25%. I'm no fan of Apple's pricing policies, but this rise seems pretty legit.

The pound's worth less now - unfortunately this means that imports are going to be significantly more expensive this year.

• @greengrocer said:

@greengrocer said:

@gsm909 said:

Yep... it begins...

In EU

Understand it. But for me Britain gets very attractive as holiday country now :) Besides that it could give a boost on British export and domestic industrie/ companies. Curious how this all develops.

All true / good points...

• edited January 2017

@cian said:

@gsm909 said:

Sterling has fallen by about 25% against the dollar, and this increase is 25%. I'm no fan of Apple's pricing policies, but this rise seems pretty legit.

The pound's worth less now - unfortunately this means that imports are going to be significantly more expensive this year.

Yep... in fact we were getting rather a good deal on the Apple store until this week if Poison 202 was E9.99 but only £7.99... That was much better for UK buyers than the actual exchange rate has been for a while.

• MasterFX up to £6.99 from £4.99. I will definitely buy less apps in this current marketplace. Unfortunately I cannot demand 25% more pay from my employer just because of brexit. Fucked up situation.

• @gsm909 said:
    MasterFX up to £6.99 from £4.99. I will definitely buy less apps in this current marketplace. Unfortunately I cannot demand 25% more pay from my employer just because of brexit. Fucked up situation.

Well we'll see how things pan out...

People can buy fewer apps (or no apps). But when (if) it starts to hits essentials... I guess we'll see.

Maybe our businesses will do well (from exports etc.) and be able to increase wages to keep pace. But they'll have higher costs from imports too.

• Is there any other marketplace that is as large yet monolithic as the App Store? I think it would be the most nimble in terms of adjusting to currency shifts, but is this happening elsewhere? Or is it truly just Apple being rapacious capitalists?

• Don't forget Marmite!

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Is there any other marketplace that is as large yet monolithic as the App Store? I think it would be the most nimble in terms of adjusting to currency shifts, but is this happening elsewhere? Or is it truly just Apple being rapacious capitalists?

Oil. Clothing. Food. Every market is global these days.

I don't think you can really blame Apple (see above) for just adjusting to what the currency is doing.

In fact I suspect businesses are trying to hold off raising prices as long as possible. But eventually the currency shift has to filter through to prices.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Is there any other marketplace that is as large yet monolithic as the App Store? I think it would be the most nimble in terms of adjusting to currency shifts, but is this happening elsewhere? Or is it truly just Apple being rapacious capitalists?

Oil. Clothing. Food. Every market is global these days.

I don't think you can really blame Apple (see above) for just adjusting to what the currency is doing.

In fact I suspect businesses are trying to hold off raising prices as long as possible. But eventually the currency shift has to filter through to prices.

We're in complete agreement. But because the App Store is so paradoxically large yet homogenous — which sounds a lot like a contortion to avoid saying "monopoly" — it offers a weirdly rapid reaction to the falling pound.

• edited January 2017

How can the Apple App Store be a monopoly when iOS is only 30% ish of the mobile market?

I wouldn't call it a rapid reaction either, I remember forecasting AppStore price increases the day after the referendum , but it's taken all this time to see them.

This discussion has been closed.