Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Addictive Pro - New from VirSyn

Comments

• AU support! Yes!
    Insta buy when the AU version comes out for me!
    Might replace old nave with this one, man I am glad AU is really starting to pickup!
    It's so much better in AUM!

• @VirSyn. you said coming soon, is the app in apple review now? can we expect it in the next day or 3? or longer wait than that? I have money in hand ready to go. looks great

• Think I'll just keep waiting for my addictive app to be updated.

• And once again, it seems the iPhone is going to get ignored.... The iPhone is a valid system too! Developers, there are those of us who use the iPhone exclusively!!!

• @Audiojunkie said:
    And once again, it seems the iPhone is going to get ignored.... The iPhone is a valid system too! Developers, there are those of us who use the iPhone exclusively!!!

• @Audiojunkie said:
    And once again, it seems the iPhone is going to get ignored.... The iPhone is a valid system too! Developers, there are those of us who use the iPhone exclusively!!!

I'm tempted to mention headphone sockets here, but you might be suffering enough already...

• I've never used my phone for music....too fiddly. Barry's fat fingers/old eyes

• Sounds great!

• @PhilW said:

@Audiojunkie said:

I'm tempted to mention headphone sockets here, but you might be suffering enough already...

Was about to say that too till I realised with quite a bit of horror that the next iPads will probably not have the headphone jacks either and just made myself sad :(

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@PhilW said:

@Audiojunkie said:

Was about to say that too till I realised with quite a bit of horror that the next iPads will probably not have the headphone jacks either and just made myself sad :(

I don't think that will happen. The reasoning for the dropping the headphone jack was to make the iPhone water resistant and possibly increase room for a bigger battery, neither of which are an issue with an iPad. I hope that's the case, I'd hate to lose it.

• edited September 2016

@VirSyn Love what I'm seeing and hearing. Can't wait..

• @RJB said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@PhilW said:

@Audiojunkie said:

I don't think that will happen. The reasoning for the dropping the headphone jack was to make the iPhone water resistant and possibly increase room for a bigger battery, neither of which are an issue with an iPad. I hope that's the case, I'd hate to lose it.

I agree. Perhaps wishful thinking, but while they'll get over it, this has already been a bigger PR snafu than they would have liked. Why bite down on another slice of the dog that made you sick?

• Will the new iphone come with corded earbuds? I thought I read that somewhere? I still can't believe people will pay 160.00 for the no wire ones. I didn't pay that for my very very nice Audio Technica earphones. (Wired of course). But they sound amazing.

• @High5denied said:
    Will the new iphone come with corded earbuds? I thought I read that somewhere? I still can't believe people will pay 160.00 for the no wire ones. I didn't pay that for my very very nice Audio Technica earphones. (Wired of course). But they sound amazing.

They come with lightning EarPods

• @sirdavidabraham said:

@High5denied said:
    Will the new iphone come with corded earbuds? I thought I read that somewhere? I still can't believe people will pay 160.00 for the no wire ones. I didn't pay that for my very very nice Audio Technica earphones. (Wired of course). But they sound amazing.

They come with lightning EarPods

Ok, thanks for clarifying that.

• Nice demo, loves me some VirSyn on iOS :sunglasses:

• Why bite down on another slice of the dog that made you sick?
    >

Because for some time now Apple have been like a political party you can't vote out. They have thier ideology, they know that they're right, and even if the world disagrees they'll do what they want. :'(

• I don't think that will happen. The reasoning for the dropping the headphone jack was to make the iPhone water resistant and possibly increase room for a bigger battery, neither of which are an issue with an iPad. I hope that's the case, I'd hate to lose it.

Samsung is waterproof and has a headphone jack. I also hope they don't do this with ipad. Seriously though how many of you compose in the bathtub?

• @studioAB said:

Samsung is waterproof and has a headphone jack. I also hope they don't do this with ipad. Seriously though how many of you compose in the bathtub?

I tried doing that with my 100% water proof moto G3 but sadly touchscreens don't work when wet :/

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

I tried doing that with my 100% water proof moto G3 but sadly touchscreens don't work when wet :/

Going to be interesting to see if 'force-touch' works under water :D

• @Nkersov said:

Why bite down on another slice of the dog that made you sick?
    >

Because for some time now Apple have been like a political party you can't vote out. They have thier ideology, they know that they're right, and even if the world disagrees they'll do what they want. :'(

We do get to vote though - with our wallets. If losing the headphone socket is a step too far for most people, Apple will feel it in terms of lost sales. (But if it's only a few musos, they won't even notice...)

• edited September 2016

@studioAB said:

My son managed to drop his phone down a toilet recently...

• @PhilW said:

We do get to vote though - with our wallets.

>

Sure, we have that option. But, what I really meant, was that there is no alternative, no direct competition, in the way that manufactures of TV's have competition. We cannot, for example, take our IOS software and run it under Windows via a third part program. Yet, it is possible to run Windows and therefore Windows programs under OSX via Parallels and coherence mode.

If IOS users could take their purchased apps, and use them on different hardware, under a different OS, Apple might not be so keen to ride roughshod over what users actually want their OS and hardware to do.

• edited September 2016

@Nkersov said:

@PhilW said:

>

Sure, we have that option. But, what I really meant, was that there is no alternative, no direct competition, in the way that manufactures of TV's have competition. We cannot, for example, take our IOS software and run it under Windows via a third part program. Yet, it is possible to run Windows and therefore Windows programs under OSX via Parallels and coherence mode.

If IOS users could take their purchased apps, and use them on different hardware, under a different OS, Apple might not be so keen to ride roughshod over what users actually want their OS and hardware to do.

They got us by the short and curlies - if we jump platforms some of us lose hundreds of pounds worth of app kit.

Needs some kind of union - a collection of devs and artists to ensure our investment (financial, and time) in the platform is kept safe and fight against detrimental changes. Won't happen though, we now live in an 'oh look, a squirrel' society.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Nkersov said:

@PhilW said:

>

They got us by the short and curlies - if we jump platforms some of us lose hundreds of pounds worth of app kit.

Needs some kind of union - a collection of devs and artists to ensure our investment (financial, and time) in the platform is kept safe and fight against detrimental changes. Won't happen though, we now live in an 'oh look, a squirrel' society.

Yep, the iOS subscription service, now that's why the software on desktops may cost more, choice, for the most, if you decide to jump ship OSX - Windows, you can take your software with you, well most of it.

• If you jump platforms, you can still run your existing apps on your old device. I know that might not be ideal, but you can still use them.

• The opportunity for a proper actual working Firefox tablet and phone exists more markedly now than ever.

• edited September 2016

@MonzoPro said:
    Needs some kind of union - a collection of devs and artists to ensure our investment (financial, and time) in the platform is kept safe and fight against detrimental changes.

I can imagine how much Tim Cook would laugh. Apple routinely defy governments, and make virtually limitless amounts of cash from the plonkers who must have the latest extortionately priced phone.

Nothing short of a 25 billion dollar drop in profits would even make a dent in the chart.

• @Nkersov said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Needs some kind of union - a collection of devs and artists to ensure our investment (financial, and time) in the platform is kept safe and fight against detrimental changes.

I can imagine how much Tim Cook would laugh. Apple routinely defy governments, and make virtually limitless amounts of cash from the plonkers who must have the latest extortionately priced phone.

Nothing short of a 25 billion dollar drop in profits would even make a dent in the chart.

I fear you may be right, but much as we will talk about it in the interim, let's revisit this in six months.