Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Addictive Pro - New from VirSyn

edited September 2016 in General App Discussion

Coming soon.

Addictive Pro - Hybrid synthesizer for iPad

Digital wavetable and noise synthesis meets analog filters: The best of both worlds combined in Addictive Pro. Add in a 4 part programmable arpeggiator for even polyrhythmical sequences and a full fledged effect section for endless creative flow.

Comments

• Nice! I love the old addictive synth, lots of great sounds to be found in that one. If there's vegetables, I'm there

• Yep that's Android autocorrecting wavetables to vegetables. Not many synths over here in Android land so can't be mad :-)

• Some pretty cool sounds in that demo.

• Sounds nice - will this be a new app or an upgrade of Addictive?

• @ChrisG said:
    Yep that's Android autocorrecting wavetables to vegetables. Not many synths over here in Android land so can't be mad :-)

I love the sound of vegetable synths :D

• @PhilW said:
    Sounds nice - will this be a new app or an upgrade of Addictive?

Looks like a new app

• Knowing that Virsyn is in an auficationprocess of their apps makes me drool thinking about using this with fully automatisation using au-parameters...

Pair this with the Ruismakers, Poison-202 and some kind of FM stuff and we have a old-school trance/techno machine that is hard to beat :D

• Another synth for me to learn. I'm getting a backlog. I'm on my 16th keeper patch of my Poison 202 set

• @Samu said:
    Knowing that Virsyn is in an auficationprocess of their apps makes me drool thinking about using this with fully automatisation using au-parameters...

Pair this with the Ruismakers, Poison-202 and some kind of FM stuff and we have a old-school trance/techno machine that is hard to beat :D

Do you think the AU-fication is really in process with @VirSyn ?
    I have some doubts...

• @sirdavidabraham said:

@Samu said:
    Knowing that Virsyn is in an auficationprocess of their apps makes me drool thinking about using this with fully automatisation using au-parameters...

Do you think the AU-fication is really in process with @VirSyn ?
    I have some doubts...

It was mentioned in another thread here in the forum...

But it would be the way to go knowing IAA is 'less than optimal' for app integration.
    Love what Wolfgang Palm is doing right now, Phonem is just perfect inside Cubasis.

• @sirdavidabraham the first version of Addictive Pro will have Audiobus and IAA. Then comes AU and Ableton Link.
    Promised. With our Mac OS X plugins we have Audiounits for quite a long time.

Harry

• @VirSyn said:
    @sirdavidabraham the first version of Addictive Pro will have Audiobus and IAA. Then comes AU and Ableton Link.

Harry

Great news. Would that be with all your IOS apps? :)

• @studs1966 said:

@VirSyn said:
    @sirdavidabraham the first version of Addictive Pro will have Audiobus and IAA. Then comes AU and Ableton Link.

Harry

Great news. Would that be with all your IOS apps? :)

Sorry, what I meant, is adding AU Unit & Link to all your IOS existing apps?

• @studs1966 yes, not all at once of coarse, but one by one will get AU compatibility.

Harry

• @VirSyn said:
    @studs1966 yes, not all at once of coarse, but one by one will get AU compatibility.

Harry

Great stuff Harry........ Looking forward to them evolving to the Au Unit side.. ;)

• @VirSyn said:
    @studs1966 yes, not all at once of coarse, but one by one will get AU compatibility.

Harry

Brilliant news.

• @VirSyn said:

Harry

Thanks for keeping us up to date with what's going on. As a complete ignoramus when it comes to coding, how difficult/time consuming is it to make, for example, an existing iOS synth AU compatible? I love how AU works, especially in AUM, and thought it would be a massive game changer. But the uptake doesn't seem to have been that great amongst the developer community. Apologies if this has been raised elsewhere on the forum.

• I'm so hyped for this one... 25 pages of tweaking heaven.

Synth Anatomy.de
    Looks great. Question on the synthesis part: I don't see yet a great arsenal of parameters? Is it hidden or how it works:)? Can we design or import own wavetables?
    11 minutes ago•

virsyn
    In the video only two of approx. 25 pages are shown... The mod page for example includes 10 LFOs, 10 Envelope generators with around 200 parameters. And... The wavetable synthesis of Addictive Pro shouldn't be confused with the Waldorf/PPG approach and therefore Wavetable import doesn't make much sense.
    2 minutes ago•

• @VirSyn said:

Harry

Very much looking forward to AUs :)

• @VirSyn said:

Harry

Understood, just seems that if a new synth to not have it, it would suggest a significant delay in the development side. So it's more of an "in the future" thing than an "in the process of" thing.

Just trying to set expectations regarding timing. I'd assume we are looking at sometime in 2017 right?

• Please, make this iPad4 compatible.

• That four track arp is mental. I must have this.

• @MonzoPro said:
    That four track arp is mental. I must have this.

Hmm... If it can also do 4 different instruments at once it will totally insanely awesome :)

• Looking bad sounding glorious. Another one for the wishlist. Looking forward to Sir Doug's review.

• @Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

Hmm... If it can also do 4 different instruments at once it will totally insanely awesome :)

I'm not sure but it sounds like it's running different instruments in the vid...can't be sure, but that would be amazing if it's the case. Looks like you can certainly change filter parameters and stuff for each track at least.

When I watched the vid first thing this morning I though - 'yeah, nice, but I don't need another synth...really'. Watching it a second time on a bigger screen and paying more attention to the arp stuff, I realise that I do. Looks like another one of those insta buy things.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

I'm not sure but it sounds like it's running different instruments in the vid...can't be sure, but that would be amazing if it's the case. Looks like you can certainly change filter parameters and stuff for each track at least.

When I watched the vid first thing this morning I though - 'yeah, nice, but I don't need another synth...really'. Watching it a second time on a bigger screen and paying more attention to the arp stuff, I realise that I do. Looks like another one of those insta buy things.

Yepp, If I could 'improve' a few thing in Virsyn Apps it would be addition of 'modulation sequencers' (with 'stepped' and 'interpolated' modes) similar to the arps. And for the general arp a 'legato-mode' that would just set the pitch without re-triggering the notes or envelopes.

Yeah, It looks like another one of those apps that I will save store-credits for :)

• I always hoped Virsyn would add movement to their additive synthesis , so that partials could be grouped & those groups assigned an individual envelope or LFO .
    I hope this is possible with the Pro .

Also import of waveforms , after we finally got this with Poseidon , would be a noticable absence from any subsequent synth called "Pro" .
    I have thousands of singlecycle wavs & only a couple of synths that let me use them .

• @Wally said:

I have thousands of singlecycle wavs & only a couple of synths that let me use them .

Same here! Imagine a 'Synth App' with options to load user-samples, sequence the waves together either rhythmically or by blending with control over each waves individual pitch, run them thru filters and effects...
    (One of the reasons I'm still waiting for Korg Wavestation app with option to use user-samples).

There are plenty of waves out there but 'licensing' these would be awesome start!
    http://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/waveforms/adventure-kid-waveforms/

• edited September 2016

I have the Galbanum Architecture set , thousands of mathematical shapes I never knew possible:
    http://www.galbanum.com/content/products/architecturewaveforms2010/pdf/ArchitectureWaveforms2010

The original library was single cycles , then last year a collection of wavetables compiled from them was released .

website : http://www.galbanum.com/products/architecturewaveforms2010