Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Z3TA+ problems

Comments

• @MonzoPro said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    To be honest, I've put up with the short comings because it's a brilliant synth. As I said I didn't even know the preset window bug was a bug. All the issues (it took em a while to sort core midi, tiny control surfaces etc.) has been easily outweighed by the fact that I had a full z3ta+ on iPad, for $20.

The hands-off approach by the devs puts long-term fence sitters like me off though. It could be one iOS update away from broken, or it could carry on working for years. If they were doing simple tweaks occasionally we'd feel it was safe to jump in.

>

yeah, this one is a bit like buying a synth on the flea market. a few screws are loose, but still sounds phenomenally good at a bargain price ... with no garanties whatsoever how long it will last

• @nick said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    To be honest, I've put up with the short comings because it's a brilliant synth. As I said I didn't even know the preset window bug was a bug. All the issues (it took em a while to sort core midi, tiny control surfaces etc.) has been easily outweighed by the fact that I had a full z3ta+ on iPad, for $20.

The hands-off approach by the devs puts long-term fence sitters like me off though. It could be one iOS update away from broken, or it could carry on working for years. If they were doing simple tweaks occasionally we'd feel it was safe to jump in.

>

yeah, this one is a bit like buying a synth on the flea market. a few screws are loose, but still sounds phenomenally good at a bargain price ... with no garanties whatsoever how long it will last

Yes, "sold as is". In a transient realm like music software many gems could be marked thusly

• Okay, so I wasn't expecting a second reply from the guy who originally wrote me given I was very biting. This one isn't the generic "someone's asking about z3ta+ iOS" cover reply like the last one but rather feels like a real reply.

Hi Jim,

I can sympathize with your frustration as we've doing our best to address this during meetings. There is a myriad of other projects which have been taking our attention and time. I have mentioned this several times to our development team but they seem to be busy with other projects. I will try once again and do my best to make sure this gets addressed.

Thanks for your patience!

So there you have it I suppose. Not really good news, but at least this guy is trying to light the fire under the rest of their arses.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Okay, so I wasn't expecting a second reply from the guy who originally wrote me given I was very biting. This one isn't the generic "someone's asking about z3ta+ iOS" cover reply like the last one but rather feels like a real reply.

Hi Jim,

I can sympathize with your frustration as we've doing our best to address this during meetings. There is a myriad of other projects which have been taking our attention and time. I have mentioned this several times to our development team but they seem to be busy with other projects. I will try once again and do my best to make sure this gets addressed.

Thanks for your patience!

So there you have it I suppose. Not really good news, but at least this guy is trying to light the fire under the rest of their arses.

Persistence furthers...thanks for taking point on this campaign.

• Guys I still have mine installed with all the desktop patches installed. How do I make sure I back it up so it reinstalls again if I upgrade iPad ?

• I'd be willing to buy the license for the iPad version, and hire someone to develop it further, if I could later share the profits.

• This thread got me to go back and fire up this ultra awesome synth! Was blown away how great and analog warmth it has. Now I'm really concerned that I don't wanna lose this gem. I gotta figure out how to save it intact.

• By the way midi was working like a charm via AB3 and midi flow adapters.

• Still a great sounding synth! Has this analogish sound. Great pads and textures.

• The various (smallish?) issues with this synth has clouded over the fact that it remains top 10

• Is it 64 bit? I never get the message that I get from non 64 bit apps.

• Well have to ask ios11 testers who have it. It seems there are doubts

• edited June 2017

it has always supported 64 bit so no worries

• On windows PC what program do you guys recommend to back up my iPad. Thanks in advance.

• Anyone else got a silent Z3TA+?

I can’t get any sound out of it at all now. Tried a fresh download.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Anyone else got a silent Z3TA+?

Just tested there. No sound.

:(

I guess a recent ios update broke it?

I’m on 11.2.6

• @MichaelRocketship said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Anyone else got a silent Z3TA+?

Just tested there. No sound.

:(

I guess a recent ios update broke it?

I’m on 11.2.6

Yep Air2 iOS 11.2.6

• It won’t connect as IAA in Cubasis or Music Studio either 11.2.6

• Just tested it on an original Air, 11.2.2.

No sound there either.

Not been using it recently. Not since preset export was fixed. No idea what version of iOS I was on then.

• edited March 2018

R.I.P. Z3TA+ :'(

One of only 15 non AU synth apps remaining on my iPad.

Can someone post that trumpet piece played at those big army funerals

• Yes it worked perfectly one month or two month ago .I play with it at Christmas.And now no sounds at all .I thought it was the last iOS update or another app which caused the issue .Ios 11.2.2 . Is it possible than another app make Z3TA silent ? I can’t see no others reasons why it became silent suddently...It was one of my fav synth too :(

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

Can someone post that trumpet piece played at those big army funerals,

Maybe it has to do with the recent acquisition of Cakewalk by BandLab Technologies. I couldn‘t find the app on the App Store anymore.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

Relatively short app shelf lives have got to be the main danger of using iOS for music making (and maybe even justifies in part the ridiculously low prices). With the constant stream of curveballs Apple throws at devs though it’s a lot of ongoing maintenance work for (I imagine) fairly modest returns. You can see why any dev might eventually give up the ghost - no blame and no shame though it’s a pity (especially if the deceased has been your long time go-to app). But it also makes you appreciate what tenacious rockstars those devs are that carry on maintaining their apps over the years of constant iOS churn. Kudos to them

• @zeroG said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Relatively short app shelf lives have got to be the main danger of using iOS for music making (and maybe even justifies in part the ridiculously low prices). With the constant stream of curveballs Apple throws at devs though it’s a lot of ongoing maintenance work for (I imagine) fairly modest returns. You can see why any dev might eventually give up the ghost - no blame and no shame though it’s a pity (especially if the deceased has been your long time go-to app). But it also makes you appreciate what tenacious rockstars those devs are that carry on maintaining their apps over the years of constant iOS churn. Kudos to them

Thanks for posting that. I played it and said goodbye :'(

• Busy downloading it to older devices for posterity. It was designed to run on ipad2 and up.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Busy downloading it to older devices for posterity. It was designed to run on ipad2 and up.

Did dowload on a device running ios 10.3.3, but also no sound there.

• edited March 2018

Hmmmmm must be Bandlab/cakewalk/Gibson that have killed it then.

I wonder if it used to ‘phones home’ somehow

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

This might not be quite what you had in mind - very much in the style of ELP, done following the sad death of Keith Emerson.

• Well I think this is a first. An app that was working on a device that suddenly stops working with no change of iOS or version of the app.

• Hidden death-link?
    Cannot reach server -> die