Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Z3TA+ problems

12346»

Comments

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Carnbot said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Was able to reload 1.3.2 Version with iFunbox! Worked great! And didn’t erase all my user folders which was so awesome!
    Only thing iFunbox didn’t backup my 1.3.4 app, it said it did but when I checked it wasn’t there. Oh well, z+ working again.

@Carnbot said:
    No unfortunately z3ta can only install presets one by one as you can’t access the folders they live in. I sometimes have issues with ifunbox and windows 10, but usually it works ok.
    I’d recommend backing up your presets first before reinstalling by using the share icon in z3ta. They should still be there after reinstalling but you never know :)

Oh good :) well the current version is pretty useless now anyway until they update it again, the only thing it's good for is exporting presets which the older version crashes when you try I think.

@Carnbot - why is Z3TA+ useless?
    It take 15-20 seconds to start it with the datething (and the sound is there), so, what's the problem?

It's a fantastic synth, by the
    way...

The date thing works thanks for that!

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Carnbot said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Was able to reload 1.3.2 Version with iFunbox! Worked great! And didn’t erase all my user folders which was so awesome!
    Only thing iFunbox didn’t backup my 1.3.4 app, it said it did but when I checked it wasn’t there. Oh well, z+ working again.

@Carnbot said:
    No unfortunately z3ta can only install presets one by one as you can’t access the folders they live in. I sometimes have issues with ifunbox and windows 10, but usually it works ok.
    I’d recommend backing up your presets first before reinstalling by using the share icon in z3ta. They should still be there after reinstalling but you never know :)

Oh good :) well the current version is pretty useless now anyway until they update it again, the only thing it's good for is exporting presets which the older version crashes when you try I think.

It take 15-20 seconds to start it with the datething (and the sound is there), so, what's the problem?

way...

For me the date trick only works if you keep doing it each time, when you restart it there's no sound again, too much hassle for me for one synth. But the old ipa works fine if you install that (bar the preset sharing bug).

• @ErrkaPetti said:

way...

For me IAA provides enough friction to be used considerably less than AUv3. Added date friction doesn’t make it useless, but does make it ‘extremely unlikely to be used’. But one mans friction is another ma......

• edited March 2018

@skoptic said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

way...

For me IAA provides enough friction to be used considerably less than AUv3. Added date friction doesn’t make it useless, but does make it ‘extremely unlikely to be used’. But one mans friction is another ma......

...n’s lube?

I’ve written Bandlab (people that acquired Cakewalks stuff and hired some of their development people) about the failure of Z3TA+ including the Date trick, will keep you posted.
    ([email protected])

• edited March 2018

@Carnbot said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Carnbot said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

@Carnbot said:

way...

For me the date trick only works if you keep doing it each time, when you restart it there's no sound again, too much hassle for me for one synth. But the old ipa works fine if you install that (bar the preset sharing bug).

But, hey, if you ever had an hardware synth like Korg Triton or Korg Oasys, that sometime took minutes to boot before you could use it, this Z3TA+ hassle seems small... ;-)

• So true, I have the Korg Trinity o:)
    Always loved that synth but it doesn’t fit my desk ;) :(

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    But, hey, if you ever had an hardware synth like Korg Triton or Korg Oasys, that sometime took minutes to boot before you could use it, this Z3TA+ hassle seems small... ;-)

Even though I like having Z3ta around, I usually stick with Audio units now anyway, but I like to dust it off occasionally. It does sound good :)

• Holy shit ..this sucks! Just discovered the no-audio problem today :( Was one of my favorite ipad synths ... I immediately installed it on my iOS 10 ipad air 2, thinking it was a problem with my iPad Pro, before coming here for this disappointing news.

Feels like the company just kicked us in the teeth. Perhaps it was a disgruntled developer, angry about losing his job and decided to write in a kill switch? What could possibly be the motivation for this asshatery :-/

Just bought this only a month or two before they went out of business, guess it's way too late for refund.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@skoptic said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

way...

...n’s lube?

I’ve written Bandlab (people that acquired Cakewalks stuff and hired some of their development people) about the failure of Z3TA+ including the Date trick, will keep you posted.
    ([email protected])

Would be interested if you or anyone hear back from them. I just wrote them a note concerning this issue as well, @ [email protected]

Good luck

p.s.Was relieved to hear it fully functional again after trying the date fix just now. So not all is lost :pensive:

• Hi guys,

Considering I am certain all of my plugins are ready for Catalina I‘d like to update my IPad too to get some use out of sidecar. Does anyone know if Z3ta is usable on IPad OS? Wouldn‘t mind the date workaround.

• Yeah, works fine here on mini 5 iPadOs 13.2.2 with date workaround.....

• @zeropoint said:
    Yeah, works fine here on mini 5 iPadOs 13.2.2 with date workaround.....

Thank you! Off to updating everything now <3

• Who knows if the new AD synth is actually a waveshaping synth not unlike Z3TA+ to finally deliver an alternative...