Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Z3TA+ problems

Comments

• @PhilW said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    R.I.P. Z3TA+ :'(

One of only 15 non AU synth apps remaining on my iPad.

Can someone post that trumpet piece played at those big army funerals

This might not be quite what you had in mind - very much in the style of ELP, done following the sad death of Keith Emerson.

Love it, especially where it goes mad groovy later on!

• Yes, nice.
    But I think this could be done with many other Apps too.

• Same here, all the way back on 9.3.3. I found it mysteriously silent a few days ago, but thought it was just something in my ageing system. (iTeleport also stopped working for no reason recently, despite no update in donkey's yonks.) Desktop Z3ta+ still works for now. It's pretty outrageous; I've never encountered anything like this. Does anyone have an iOS Z3ta+ that is still producing sound?

• That’s a kick in the teeth if it could affect other apps in future - doesn’t do much for buyers confidence.

• Random thought here as I don't own Zeta. What happens if you turn off wifi so Zeta can't phone home? Still no audio?

• @yowza said:
    Random thought here as I don't own Zeta. What happens if you turn off wifi so Zeta can't phone home? Still no audio?

Good thought, but no dice; I tried that (including after force-quitting the app).

• I guess we are forked - Gibson will say Cakewalk is closed and Bandcamp will say we bought the IP not the company......

• It's gone forever... well at least on my ipad4. Won't be installing it even if it is possible in the future.

• do you remember, it was silent two years ago, too
    then they released update

• @Goozoon said:
    do you remember, it was silent two years ago, too
    then they released update

Let’s hope we haven’t buried it prior to it’s real death lol

• That's the fix! Put your iPad in Airplane mode, set the date to 28 February, and relaunch Z3ta+. You'll get your sound back and it's then safe to reset the date to today. Not sure if you need to do this on each launch (I'm at work and will test further when I get home)…

• Omg I hope this is a permanent fix :(

• Grr. It looks like each launch to me. At least there IS a fix. Well done @Masanga

• edited March 2018

@Richtowns said:
    Grr. It looks like each launch to me.

Yup, I'm finding the same. Bummer, but not having Z3ta at all would have been worse; huge thanks to @Goozoon for the pointer. How epically rubbish that they managed to reintroduce the same date bug they fixed two years earlier. Maybe Bandlab will ride to the rescue. Maybe Monkees will fly out my arse.

• Perhaps it is somekind of certificate expiration inside the core

• That's a weird and annoying coincidence it stops working now.

I managed to install the older version of Z3ta 1.3.2 again and it works. But obviously has all the bugs the final version fixed although I can't remember what they were now... i've gotten into the habit of backing up apps and keeping some older versions of problem apps sometimes pays off.

• @Carnbot said:
    That's a weird and annoying coincidence it stops working now.

I managed to install the older version of Z3ta 1.3.2 again and it works. But obviously has all the bugs the final version fixed although I can't remember what they were now... i've gotten into the habit of backing up apps and keeping some older versions of problem apps sometimes pays off.

good to know. I have the old version as well somewhere so might reinstall that. I think sharing of presets was broken in that version, and presets needed two taps to open. Still, less of a hassle than resetting the date each time ...

• @nick said:

@Carnbot said:

good to know. I have the old version as well somewhere so might reinstall that. I think sharing of presets was broken in that version, and presets needed two taps to open. Still, less of a hassle than resetting the date each time ...

Yeah and also when reinstalling it removed all my custom presets so back to square 1 :neutral:

• edited March 2018

"and we look forward to bringing a Cakewalk product to market soon that will enable you to access z3ta+."

• @Carnbot said:

@nick said:

@Carnbot said:

Yeah and also when reinstalling it removed all my custom presets so back to square 1 :neutral:

Feel very disappointed. The illusion of permanence. Particularly fed-up about the presets I had made/refined. I suppose there's a chance that someone/somewhere/somehow will reboot it, but breath will not be held.

• So when you downgrade to an older app it erases presets?

@Carnbot said:

@nick said:

@Carnbot said:

• While I do love what I can do with my iPad, longevity of the whole thing worries me somewhat. If I knew what I knew now, I would probably have spent way less money on apps. At around £2000 spent in the last three years on iPad and apps, it begins to look an expensive hobby for my current financial situation.

While hardware does have problems, I think an all eggs in iOS basket approach will come back and bite me in the ass one day ;)

• Yeah I agree. But is this a preprogrammed death date on an app or just a bug? I wonder which other apps have this! Makes me upset as we think we invested in something for long haul yet this example feels like we’ve been ripped off!

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    While I do love what I can do with my iPad, longevity of the whole thing worries me somewhat. If I knew what I knew now, I would probably have spent way less money on apps. At around £2000 spent in the last three years on iPad and apps, it begins to look an expensive hobby for my current financial situation.

While hardware does have problems, I think an all eggs in iOS basket approach will come back and bite me in the ass one day ;)

• Z3TA3 still works on my iPad Air 1 running iOS 7.1.3 but not my 2017 9.7" iPad running iOS 10.3.5. Just downloaded to an ancient iPad 2 running iOS 7.1. App Store asked if I wanted to download an older app version as the latest requires iOS 9.3 and Z3T3 works on it too. Must be an issue with that latest update.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    So when you downgrade to an older app it erases presets?

Yes, it's equivalent to deleting and reinstalling; app data is deleted with the app. You'd think it would be possible to get your presets out via iTunes/iFunBox, but Z3ta+ on iOS doesn't store presets in the Documents folder, which is all you can access in iTunes; they're hidden away at => Library => Application Support => z3ta => Programs => User Content => User Presets, which is only accessible via jailbreak.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    While I do love what I can do with my iPad, longevity of the whole thing worries me somewhat. If I knew what I knew now, I would probably have spent way less money on apps. At around £2000 spent in the last three years on iPad and apps, it begins to look an expensive hobby for my current financial situation.

Sounds like some sort of kill switch in the update.

Let’s hope it’s an isolated issue.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Would a kill switch be legal? I doubt it... Think someone mentioned there was a date bug earlier in the development which was fixed, maybe they undid this fix accidentally in the update.

I hope it's the latter option :)

• @MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

We’ve often discussed on here taking our iPads offline and freezing them for long term use after a certain amount of time. I think this approach while useful, has many things that will make it more difficult as time goes by (Apples approach to storing old apps and OS, built in obsolescence of apps, longevity of upkeep due to financial restrictions, battery changing issues for older devices). Apple don’t really want long term apps or devices that sit back in time - they want us to continue buying and buying. Even much of the hardware market is cheap because it’s designed to last only so long. The age of built in obsolescence makes me think of buying more fishing tackle instead lol