Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Z3TA+ problems

Comments

• Delete and erm, reinstall? Couldn't hurt

• Don't delete, as you may not be able to redownload at this time.

• @sirdavidabraham said:
    Cakewalk posted in their forum that iPad software development hadn't done well for them...I appreciated the honesty, not expecting Z3ta updates any time soon though.

Well that sucks. I've been waiting for a fix from them for eons now. Well, they should probably hire a team what knows what they're doing, lol.

• I've been holding out on this one as it hadn't been updated for ages, can't see it on the store now.

Complete disregard for existing customers, and I make a point of not buying from companies who conduct their businesses in this way.

• I just bought an iPad Pro and tried to re download Z3ta from the app store as i had already purchased it on my iPad air. Whats the current situation with this? is it gone forever or just a bug on the app store?

• probably Apple removed it, coz it was not updated for the long time, as Apple promised

• One of the reasons why price comparisons between desktop and ios software makes no sense.

• edited November 2016

EDIT: I've discovered that it is there and downloadable in iTunes. I didn't see it earlier.

Bad bad news. BAD news. BAD move. Amounts to theft if true. Sure the TOS say they can do this any time legally. But it still amounts to theft morally. Hoping I can do something to restore from an existing backup to the new iPad I just bought in order to use it still.

EDIT See above ^^^^ I checked on iTunes on the desktop too, and it's just not there. Will check my existing backups, and seek to back up from an existing device where it's installed too.

What's the best tool people have found recently for doing a selective app ipa backup / restore?

• If you have backup of the ipad with the apps, just select your ipa and install it via itunes
    I least it was working like this ... it is your signed ipa

• Well, I left a comment on their photo (since they conveniently disabled visitor posts and private messages).

I haven't been this irate since the Alchemy Mobile fiasco.

• I'm suspect of Apple removing the app. I know they are going to be doing this for stale/un-updated apps. But, I haven't seen them do this for almost all of that apps I have that haven't been updated in a while. So, Kakewalk took it off the store?

• OK. Well, I have just found it in my iTunes apps list and it did download. So, that's worth trying if you are concerned.

• Wow, I had that one wishlisted forever. But I didn't buy it because I kept hearing how broken it was and they weren't responding. I even checked to see if there were any Black Friday sales (and did buy an app I had been similarly tracking, iVCS3.

• So, hmmmm. Wonder why it's missing for some and not others ? :open_mouth:

• It shows up for me, as far as I can understand Apple will remove the app from the store but existing user are able to download it or keep using it as normal if you have it installed. For example I have an old Yamaha app that was removed from the store a year ago and I can still download the app.

• edited November 2016

@Lacm1993 said:
    It shows up for me, as far as I can understand Apple will remove the app from the store but existing user are able to download it or keep using it as normal if you have it installed. For example I have an old Yamaha app that was removed from the store a year ago and I can still download the app.

I can confirm this. I have quite a load of older apps that are since long removed from the app store, but are just downloadable for me under purchases. Have a look and it should be there :smiley:

https://cdn.igeeksblog.com/wp-content/uploads/How-to-Hide-App-Store-Purchases-in-Family-Sharing-on-iPad.jpg

• edited November 2016

It's back. So that's good.
    Correction
    I can see it on iPad mini gen1, but not on iPad Pro 12.9

• Okay, so inspired by the Lurssen Mastering Console thread, I finally wrote to Cakewalk again. This time, I decided to be blunt.

This is a technical support issue, but I couldn't find anywhere to write technical support on the issue. If you can forward this to the developers, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Anyways, for about two and a half years, I've waited for you people to fix an issue with the preset window in z3ta+ on iOS. I've written to you multiple times about fixing the problems. Namely....

-When I start the app and access the presets window, it shows up blank, requiring me to close said preset window out and reopen it.

-When I try to export a preset I made from scratch (i.e. to send it to my email), the app crashes.

The buggy window is annoying but not detrimental to my workflow. The inability to export my presets IS detrimental to my workflow. zeta+ iOS is an incredible synth on the iPad, so why don't you care about it more? Why don't you care about your iPad customers more? This really should be number one on your list of priorities to sort out. You're a big-name music software company, so there's no excuse for letting z3ta+ iOS sit this long without a bugfix. Update it, please!

I'm not holding out any real hope, but we'll see what customer support says. :) Cheers.

• I already tried this a few months ago. I doubt you'll get a response.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Okay, so inspired by the Lurssen Mastering Console thread, I finally wrote to Cakewalk again. This time, I decided to be blunt.

This is a technical support issue, but I couldn't find anywhere to write technical support on the issue. If you can forward this to the developers, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Anyways, for about two and a half years, I've waited for you people to fix an issue with the preset window in z3ta+ on iOS. I've written to you multiple times about fixing the problems. Namely....

-When I start the app and access the presets window, it shows up blank, requiring me to close said preset window out and reopen it.

-When I try to export a preset I made from scratch (i.e. to send it to my email), the app crashes.

The buggy window is annoying but not detrimental to my workflow. The inability to export my presets IS detrimental to my workflow. zeta+ iOS is an incredible synth on the iPad, so why don't you care about it more? Why don't you care about your iPad customers more? This really should be number one on your list of priorities to sort out. You're a big-name music software company, so there's no excuse for letting z3ta+ iOS sit this long without a bugfix. Update it, please!

I'm not holding out any real hope, but we'll see what customer support says. :) Cheers.

I did have some success making contact with Cakewalk about a vst issue. I get that mobile islikely a separate division, but their customer service dude was johnny-on-the-spot with a reply to my query. It was an email exchange via [email protected]

It's funny the bug you describe I never realized it was a bug, all this time I thought "I must have not touched the window in the right spot the first time..."

• edited June 2017

@Beathoven I did get a response. This was rapid, lol.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for reaching out to us concerning this issue - Your feedback is very valuable to use as we look to the future. At the moment, Z3TA+ on iOS as been on the backburner due to multiple other projects that have taking our attention. At the present, we cannot promise any future updates for this product but I will do my best to pass your request along to our developers.

Please contact me if you have any other questions.

@Littlewoodg This must be the guy, because he sure was quick to respond alright, lol. So, I'm formulating the next step to take here, because let's just say I will write him back. Just gotta figure out if I want to take the cordial approach, or the ballsy approach. Hmmmm...

• Wow, that was impressive. Maybe they didn't like my tone. Anyhow, I think they need to be reminded that, due to the relatively low prices, iOS is/can be a great way to attract new customers to other (more expensive) Cakewalk products. But, if those potential customers have a bad experience with Z3TA+, they probably won't want anything else from them.

• edited June 2017

@Beathoven Ain't that the truth? Lol. I've no bloody idea the tone you got, but if it was full of cussing beyond maybe a "damn", of course they'd ignore you. It's fine to be terse, blunt, and angry, but not cussing to their face. ;)

Anyways, here's my response to the email. I decided to go somewhere between cordial and ballsy given the guy is just the messenger.

Good to hear from you mate. See, this is the issue though....Z3TA+ on iOS has been on the backburner too damn long already. 2.5 years in real life is like 10-20 years in computer life. Is Z3TA+ even a 64-bit app (since it was confirmed at WWDC that 32-bit apps will be phased out by iOS 11)?! What does it take to fix a couple of bugs - a few hours, a day, a week at the very worst? We're not asking for more bells and whistles and other time-consuming features (since z3ta+ IS fully featured already). We're asking for a simple bugfix. How hard is it to do that?

The amount of time that passed since the last update is extremely unsatisfactory. It's Cakewalk's 30th anniversary this year. Don't the devs at Cakewalk think we as iOS users deserve an update too as part of your "year long celebration"?

I know you're just the messenger, mate, so I'm not getting on your case personally. However, this nonsense has gone on far too long. We iOS users matter too! You run and tell the devs that. You tell them to stop sitting on their thumbs and get to work on the zeta+ iOS update!

Thanks again mate.

So, we shall see what happens now.

• @jwmmakerofmusic Yeah, my tone definitely wasn't any more blunt than that. :D

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    @Beathoven I did get a response. This was rapid, lol.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for reaching out to us concerning this issue - Your feedback is very valuable to use as we look to the future. At the moment, Z3TA+ on iOS as been on the backburner due to multiple other projects that have taking our attention. At the present, we cannot promise any future updates for this product but I will do my best to pass your request along to our developers.

Please contact me if you have any other questions.

>

The politest 'fuck you' letter I've seen in a while.

If it hasn't been fixed for 2.5 years, because they've been pushing out 'multiple' new products instead then it's unlikely to get fixed now, unless it's tweaked to keep it on the store.

Useful info though, as I now know not to buy any more of their products, regardless of how good this one is.

• @Beathoven :D Seriously, what are they waiting for? iOS to evolve to 128-bit in 5-10 years.

@MonzoPro I know, right? :D Such a travesty they want to go down that route. Ah well. If I get no further responses, I'll write them two weeks from now.

• I knew their development team very well...always had a super strong Windows bias. (As did I back then). They've made an honest effort to embrace Mac and iOS. But it has not worked out. Plus the original superstar author of Z3ta left the company anyway.

I'd be very surprised to see any further development of Z3ta for iOS

• ...but, Z3TA+ isn't already 64-bit?
    I don't get any warnings that it slowing down my two iPads...

• To be honest, I've put up with the short comings because it's a brilliant synth. As I said I didn't even know the preset window bug was a bug. All the issues (it took em a while to sort core midi, tiny control surfaces etc.) has been easily outweighed by the fact that I had a full z3ta+ on iPad, for $20.

• edited June 2017

@Littlewoodg said:
    To be honest, I've put up with the short comings because it's a brilliant synth. As I said I didn't even know the preset window bug was a bug. All the issues (it took em a while to sort core midi, tiny control surfaces etc.) has been easily outweighed by the fact that I had a full z3ta+ on iPad, for $20.

The hands-off approach by the devs puts long-term fence sitters like me off though. It could be one iOS update away from broken, or it could carry on working for years. If they were doing simple tweaks occasionally we'd feel it was safe to jump in.