Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Modstep 1.1

Comments

• @Nerk_ said:
    @soundklinik : Yes, will check where that comes from!

Hi, I did some more experiments with samples and most of the time what I load into MS has nothing to do with the original.... :#
    It sounds like completely different samples!?!?

Guys, can you try to load your samples and listen between import in MS and original in Audioshare?

• @soundklinik said:

@Nerk_ said:

Hi, I did some more experiments with samples and most of the time what I load into MS has nothing to do with the original.... :#

Guys, can you try to load your samples and listen between import in MS and original in Audioshare?

If you are comparing make sure that after you import your sample and put it onto a pad, turn off the envelope (make it one shot) and disable the filter and effects.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@soundklinik said:

@Nerk_ said:

If you are comparing make sure that after you import your sample and put it onto a pad, turn off the envelope (make it one shot) and disable the filter and effects.

Thanks Andy, I don't even go that far, I am comparing them in the "import folder", so no FX or any modulation to the copy.

• @firejan82 said:

@Korakios said:

• Seriously please make a select button , or (easier) disable stopping or starting the clip when tapped ,on recording mode. If I want to overdub a playing clip then I have to touch it first but then it stops.

Try tapping the top of the track of the clip you want to overdub instead of the clip itself when it's already playing.

Thanks! It works! The problem is that I can't assign it to midi but I will test Modstep with my controller over the weekend.

2 Bugs:
    If the rec button is pressed and load another project then Modstep stays in Recording mode forever. Fortunately ,re-launching fixes it.
    Again, in rec mode I accidentally found that if you press the "stop all" then play begins !

• @soundklinik said:

@Nerk_ said:

I'd like to check but I don't see a way to import samples, only midi

• @firejan82 said:

@soundklinik said:

@Nerk_ said:

I'd like to check but I don't see a way to import samples, only midi

Open a sampler instrument,
    tap on the folder icon that is in the middle of the screen, The file browser will now be open, you can tap on the down arrow about 1/3 down from top on right to get browser full screen if you want, but don't have to
    Make sure you are in the folder you want to import into
    Select 'as import' button, about 1/4 down from top on right - this will open audioshare

• You find AS import also on the file/project/etc browser page(the one with the page icon) in the lower right corner

• edited April 2016

Thanks @AndyPlankton

@soundklinik Sounds the same but definitely quieter, even when I turned up the volume on the sample and the track that the sampler was in.

• I've also seen significant volume reductions when exporting to AS.

• Thanks for trying, is there a way to send 2-3 samples so you, anyone could try them?
    They are drum percussive samples a bit longer than a HH for example, not even a second long...but normal samples, designed for drum machine

• @soundklinik Dropbox link might work I think.

• edited April 2016

Feature request - a pitch bend wheel for the on screen keyboard, the standard snap back to middle kind, please.

• ooooo - I see on their facebook page Jacob has made some tutorial videos - coming soon!

• Thanks for testing, @firejan82 , I thought I was loosing my ears or mind.... :)

• @soundklinik said:

Thanks for testing, @firejan82 , I thought I was loosing my ears or mind.... :)

No problem. No idea what's causing it, the sample I tried previously sounded same pitch only quieter. My sample has 44100 Hz your samples have 16000 Hz - that's the only difference I see from AudioShare, they all 16 bit stereo WAWE.

• edited April 2016

Anyone wants a tutorial from me on AUM mixer and Modstep sequencer by using iSem, Viking , and Animoog?

I think the processes knowledge has not been told to you

So any one wants to know how to combine these two in a proper way?

If needed, I do photo tutorial.

@crzycrs , @Tones4Christ ? How about you two, very interested on my thought about these two apps!

@RustiK , how about you? You always ask!

• @Kaikoo2 said:
    Anyone wants a tutorial from me on AUM mixer and Modstep sequencer by using iSem, Viking , and Animoog?

I think the processes knowledge has not been told to you

So any one wants to know how to combine these two in a proper way?

If needed, I do photo tutorial.

@crzycrs , @Tones4Christ ? How about you two, very interested on my thought about these two apps!

@RustiK , how about you? You always ask!

I would, :) I need all the help I can get ...thanks for the previous ones

• edited April 2016

Anyone?

This is big tutorial!

Ok, I am going to sleep now, big subject on mix and sequencer for stability and IAA compatibility, Midi and AU. Few hours to write properly what I have known, including SoundPrism or 3rd party keyboard controller app for recording on these 2 combination.

Don't be gun-shy on this subject! These 2 apps doing their each own best on iOS. I don't think other apps can do this much power!

• Has anyone figured out how to record audio and load it into sampler (when you load Bebot or shoom or Samplr as an IAA....that is, apps that put out audio only and can't be played with keyboard?). ...........is it possible?

• @soundklinik said:
    Has anyone figured out how to record audio and load it into sampler (when you load Bebot or shoom or Samplr as an IAA....that is, apps that put out audio only and can't be played with keyboard?). ...........is it possible?

Recording Bebot audio by using Audioshare IAA slot or using AUM then open in AS to trim it. You are ready to import it to on Modstep sampler grid! Although you can loop it easily on AUM, the advantage by Mod is that the grid sampler has timing, so you can arrange which grid or the scene you want to put it in.

• edited April 2016

@Kaikoo2 said:

@soundklinik said:
    Has anyone figured out how to record audio and load it into sampler (when you load Bebot or shoom or Samplr as an IAA....that is, apps that put out audio only and can't be played with keyboard?). ...........is it possible?

Recording Bebot audio by using Audioshare IAA slot or using AUM then open in AS to trim it. You are ready to import it to on Modstep sampler grid! Although you can loop it easily on AUM, the advantage by Mod is that the grid sampler has timing, so you can arrange which grid or the scene you want to put it in.

Shown on the photo,

1. Press new kit, give it a name ( my wave) for the kit name
    2. Thouch that my wave square icon
    3. Touch that 'as import' , directing you to Audioshare, then import your recorded wave file
    4. Drag that file to the pad
    5. Go sampler sequencer, adjust which steps and the length for that step
    6. You are done to sequence that sample
    7. You now can acquaintance yourself about other thing such as adjust envelope...etc
  • @Kaikoo2>;

Does that turn Modstep into some sort of audio clips launcher/looper? Is there a maximum length for samples in the sampler?
    I guess that the loop must have a bpm matching the project? Is MS doing a time stretch when bpm changes?
    Many questions...

• @Philippe said:
    @Kaikoo2>;

Does that turn Modstep into some sort of audio clips launcher/looper? Is there a maximum length for samples in the sampler?
    I guess that the loop must have a bpm matching the project? Is MS doing a time stretch when bpm changes?
    Many questions...

Sorry, can not help, It must have max length. ya, I guess there is stretching when bpm changing!

I do not play any sampler, my know how is on midi. I can not answer those question.

• edited April 2016

@Kaikoo2 said:

@Philippe said:
    @Kaikoo2>;

Many questions...

Sorry, can not help, It must have max length. ya, I guess there is stretching when bpm changing!

I do not play any sampler, my know how is on midi. I can not answer those question.

But I know one thing, your loop can contain different part of drum instrument sound, it can slice part of loop to fit different pad grid on a same pad! That is good! Because you can record drum app sound on same loop, then import into sampler file folder. Patterning does the same (slicing loop).

• @ecamburn said:
    Thanks @Nerk_

Here's an Animoog CC map and a Modstep template that work together. There's a little readme in the zip file that says where to install the files and how to open them in their respective apps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/udkhw4msi57z9bi/animoog-modstep-cc-templates.zip?dl=0

Thank You!!! Very much appreciated.

• The max sample length is 30 seconds, unless they've changed that. I haven't played too much with the sampler yet so not sure about time stretching.

• that's correct - 30 seconds at the moment, but no stretching as of yet, so the loops used have to match the bpm to be useful.
    If you recorded the loops with modstep, another way to use them with the sampler is using the 'Copy to Sampler' button on the main file menus 'Recordings' section.
    Just record any loop you want to use with the tape deck icon and they should appear in that section, ready to be copied.

• @Kaikoo2 Thanks for your energy, tbh I'm a bit overwhelmed with all that info. I'd recommend you to make a thread, where you collect the tutorials you made already, you know, with a link, like Fugue Machine or midiSteps to modstep etc.
    Very valuable as your preparations are, they might get scattered with time. People could enjoy (and benefit from) your blogs in pdf form.

Re: Aum and modstep, sure (;
    I am interested in using modstep midi only for the time being, imbedded in an integrated audiobus/aum/auria environment, collecting ideas from external keyboard, and other sequencers like cream, infinite looper and firo (: