Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Modstep 1.1

1141516171820»

Comments

• edited November 2017

@tahiche said:
    A question to Beatmaker advocates... I was set on Modstep after trying out different workflows. I sing/play guitar and want to play live with my iPad.

• Live performance: Modstep is great for recording synth phrases, drum loops, switch scenes.... and i just play/sing on top.
    • Song arranging/composition: since Modstep has no audio recording/looping its hard to put together song ideas involving elements other than apps, meaning: singing, guitar, etc... The "import into sampler" approach is just cumbersome and inspiration-killing. You get a groove going, go somewhere else to record your guitar, chop, export, import to sampler, program the note... now do the same for vocals.... Tried triggering Loopy from Modstep to deal with audio but it´s just too complicated and fiddly (program mute all, then launch this and that loop on on this clip but do not retrigger).

Is Beatmaker 3 capable of doing what Modstep does AND do it with audio aswell?. I´ve always been a "linear DAW" user, and this clip-launching approach is just fantastic, so much better to get ideas accross, try different combinations, rearrange... I bought Infinite Looper, then Modstep.... Do i need to buy Beatmaker 3?. Is it Modstep or Beatmaker or do they work together?. It seems like everytime i think i´ve nailed it something else comes accross. I just want to settle on something that´s right and start playing!!!.

BM3 handles audio much better than the midi clip launchers (Modstep, IL) and it offers both a linear DAW approach and a scene workflow that you can move back/forth between easily. It's still a work in progress so be aware that there are plenty of annoyances along the way. If you are hoping to capture audio quick and easy, it still takes more steps than the immediacy of Loopy in a live setting. There are still high hopes that the forthcoming Loopy Pro will fill this niche. You might also look at Garage band at it's come a long way...

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    If you are hoping to capture audio quick and easy, it still takes more steps than the immediacy of Loopy in a live setting. There are still high hopes that the forthcoming Loopy Pro will fill this niche. You might also look at Garage band at it's come a long way...

Thanks for the answer!. I actually don´t need to loop audio live, i´ve got a wonderful Voicelive 3 midi-synced to the iPad for that. I do need to build a rythm, loops, etc (MIDI) live to lay the foundation. Is Beatmaker 3 as fast as Modstep in that aspect?.
    I´ve been watching Beatmaker videos and it does seem like a better tool for composition given that it integrates audio. Also the linear timeline makes sense to play over it. I wish there was a limited-time or Beta to try out.

I did try Garageband but if i remember correctly i couldn´t make clips from midi loops. The "record this instrument to audio" I found hard to sync, specially live.

• Added a few additional elements via post processing in AUM

• Modstep - importing a midi file.

This always positions itself from track 2 on an empty canvas.

Deleting the empty track 1 still means all the imported midi track names are wrong,

Any way/ trick/ workaround to import and start my midi file from track 1 so all are named correctly?