Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Waldorf Nave your first impressions

1235»

Comments

• Thanks PhilW!

The bank is available in this thread, in case anyone wants it...
    http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/1369/preset-sharing-waldorf-nave

• Is Nave worth the $20? Mind you, I'm not a synth guy...and I already have Alchemy with all the IAP's...I would basically use synth apps for background melody to "pad" my rock-based songs as a kind of filler to make a more full sound. It sounds really cool, but I need someone to help open my wallet or keep it closed..thoughts?

• edited June 2013

Did it go up to $20? I still think its worth it. The advantage over Alchemy is more control over sound manipulation. It will fill your bill for full sound fillers. I was listening to a brass sound yesterday, absolutely amazing sound. The pad sounds by Robert Wilkus are awesome. Also there's a thread on the forum where user sounds are being shared. That could further increase Naves value. Hope this helps. Lol actually its this thread.

• @DerekBuddemeyer - good luck finding much feedback to keep your wallet closed on this form!! ;-) Nave is my favorite, and I have most of the rest. I think it still has some work to be done in regards to midi mapping, but the sounds are great.

• edited June 2013

Alchemy do have that warmer feel to it, the pads and all that. Nave generally sounds colder, still lush and all but "colder" (I dunno why, could be the filters, or the harsh metallic distortion effects units, or the icy reverb). Anyway cold is'nt a bad thing i think, now we got an awesome synth on iOS taking care of that part of the spectrum right...

• with no interapp midi support how can i quantise my sound clips if im using my Ipad Garageband or is that just not possible.

• Oh man, I just naved myself. Got lost in this thing for several hours, the sound is huge and options are vast. I was skeptical but it really is excellent.

• edited December 2013

@MarkKG said:

with no interapp midi support how can i quantise my sound clips if im using my Ipad Garageband or is that just not possible.

Nave does have InterApp midi support!
    I've just tested it with yamaha mobile music sequencer.
    You have to select the (Nave Instrument) not the Nave generator.

Edit: just checked GarageBand and these options don't exist so it looks like a problem with GarageBand !

Thanks @ChrisG I've only just downloaded your presets and they sound awesome, I now feel
    Inspired to make my own and I think I'll start by sampling my JV-1080 !

• edited December 2013

Yum. Please share those !!