Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LK - for Ableton Live & Midi by Imaginando - AUv3 Clip Launcher Finally Available in AUM!!

Comments

• @0tolerance4silence said:

Here is a crack report for this last crash

It doesnt help much as I'm not able to know where it crashes with this file. Are you able to submit a crash report through the device?

That should be done automatically if you have "Share With App Developers" enabled under iOS -> Settings -> Privacy -> Analytics & Improvements -> Share With App Developers

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    Any plans for midi export?

Entire song or clip only?

• @sinosoidal said:

@0tolerance4silence said:

Here is a crack report for this last crash

It doesnt help much as I'm not able to know where it crashes with this file. Are you able to submit a crash report through the device?

That should be done automatically if you have "Share With App Developers" enabled under iOS -> Settings -> Privacy -> Analytics & Improvements -> Share With App Developers

Hehe the first thing I turn off...
    I'll set it up on my 2nd device and will push till crash later today.

• @sinosoidal said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:
    Any plans for midi export?

Entire song or clip only?

Either. With full song, it's easy to export just the clips by exporting after setting up a clip. Per clip would be helpful if you hadn't planned on exporting until completion. But either would be useful and I'm sure greatly appreciated.

• I'm intrigued by the possibilities with this. If the crashes get patched up, it would be possible to create, mix, master and export an entire song in AUM. I find myself most creative in the AUM environment. Would be lovely to sequence everything there and have a finished track in one program.

• @Gavinski said:

@rs2000 said:
    @sinosoidal Great to hear that MIDI CC are coming next.
    With or without MPE this will be a super useful enhancement.
    Thank you!

Mpe would be INSANE

please do it, would be the game changer of the year

+1 for MPE

• @sinosoidal

It’s weird, totally inconsistent... so far no crashes on Air2, but sometimes for some reason it goes wild...
    Here at some point it started sending seemingly random note offs at host start/stop

Here it’s sending notes on wrong channel for awhile, then for no specific reason starts sending them on the correct channel (with occasional start/stop messages)

But then after reloading I could no longer replicate it

• edited September 2020

Hi @sinosoidal , I had a crash as explained by @0tolerance4silence. This is not replicable because I tried to repeat the same actions but the crash did not occur.
    I was able to did a log.
    Only LK, KB-1 and TAL-U-NO-LX in action (same with other synths).
    First load LK, load KB-1 and connect to LK, load TAL-U-NO-LX and connect to LK and receive only to channel 1, arm rec and play button on LK, play notes with KB-1, open piano roll editor, LK crashes.
    Log report on: https://dropbox.com/s/noh1hhcck5edocw/appex-2020-09-07-191920.ips?dl=0

iPad Pro 12” 2015 - iPadOs 13.6

• Can this have the same midi input across tracks and different midi output across tracks and only input midi but trigger the midi and audio of an auv3 in aum, when you switch tracks?

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

@sigma79 said:
    Can this have the same midi input across tracks and different midi output across tracks and only input midi but trigger the midi and audio of an auv3 in aum, when you switch tracks?

Yes.

You can set the midi input device and and the output channel separately for each track. Whichever track is armed will be the one that midi is sent from when you play. In AUM you then set up each auv3 channel to listen on just the one channel for that track.

• @wim said:

@sigma79 said:
    Can this have the same midi input across tracks and different midi output across tracks and only input midi but trigger the midi and audio of an auv3 in aum, when you switch tracks?

Yes.

You can set the midi input device and and the output channel separately for each track. Whichever track is armed will be the one that midi is sent from when you play. In AUM you then set up each auv3 channel to listen on just the one channel for that track.

Cheers wim. How many bar length also?

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

@sigma79 said:

@wim said:

@sigma79 said:

Yes.

I managed to crash it by doubling the length of a 65,536 measure pattern. That was just an empty pattern though. I don't know how well it would stand up with actual content in a pattern of that length. ;)

• @wim said:

@sigma79 said:

@wim said:

@sigma79 said:

Yes.

I managed to crash it by doubling the length of a 65,536 measure pattern. That was just an empty pattern though. I don't know how well it would stand up with actual content in a pattern of that length. ;)

Cheers wim. Might see if its good for pianoroll and more than 16 bars.

• @sigma79 said:

@wim said:

@sigma79 said:

@wim said:

@sigma79 said:

Yes.

I've had 997 bars in a pattern already and wherever I've placed any notes, it worked as expected. No crashes 😅

• @wim said:

What could be a reasonable limit?

• @rs2000 said:

@sigma79 said:

@wim said:

@sigma79 said:

@wim said:

@sigma79 said:

Yes.

I've had 997 bars in a pattern already and wherever I've placed any notes, it worked as expected. No crashes 😅

Cool rs. Thanks.

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

@sinosoidal said:

@wim said:

If anyone thinks 65,536 measures is too few then they're using the wrong tool and shouldn't be using an iOS device in the first place. :D

• @wim said:

If anyone thinks 65,536 measures is too few then they're using the wrong tool and shouldn't be using an iOS device in the first place. :D

IKR!? :lol:

But I want to avoid crashes with people that like yourself love to test limits of things! :wink:

It’s weird, totally inconsistent... so far no crashes on Air2, but sometimes for some reason it goes wild...

Yesterday we believe to have fix an important source of random crashes. Are you in TestFlight? We should be uploading a new build somewhere along the day.

• @sinosoidal said:

Yesterday we believe to have fix an important source of random crashes. Are you in TestFlight? We should be uploading a new build somewhere along the day.

Nice! No, I'm not, but happy to give it a good spin :)

Nice! No, I'm not, but happy to give it a good spin :)

Send me your testflight email via private message! :wink:

• @sinosoidal

Definitely an improvement. Couldn't crash it so far which is great. Most of the inconsistent behaviour is gone too.
    Minor visual things like velocities for deleted notes remain visible, or sometimes recorded notes invisible until close/open editor or other actions that force refresh.
    I would definitely build in some kind of internal protection against feedback loop. AUM handles this in most cases from my experience, but with LK something is definitely passing through and after that (memory leak?) it acts rather strange... It's unsupported, unexpected but it happens...
    There is something up with the timing as well, even if rec q is 'off' - inconsistency, jitter - will send later a video in private.

• Some suggestions:

• since << and >> are both unused in midi mode to my understanding, it could be utilised for changing track selection, so one doesn't have to close editor, select another track, reopen editor.
    • scrolling up/down in the editor with two fingers is a little awkward at the moment because same gesture used for zooming - maybe scroll bars?
  • edited September 2020

Definitely an improvement. Couldn't crash it so far which is great. Most of the inconsistent behaviour is gone too.

That is great to hear! :blush:

Minor visual things like velocities for deleted notes remain visible, or sometimes recorded notes invisible until close/open editor or other actions that force refresh.

We will investigate this ones.

I would definitely build in some kind of internal protection against feedback loop. AUM handles this in most cases from my experience, but with LK something is definitely passing through and after that (memory leak?) it acts rather strange... It's unsupported, unexpected but it happens...

What do you mean by feedback loop? Is that something you can determinstically reproduce? We have never heard about any kind of feedback loop.

There is something up with the timing as well, even if rec q is 'off' - inconsistency, jitter - will send later a video in private.

Please do. Once again, we haven't been having any kind of feedback in this direction.

• edited September 2020

@sinosoidal said:
    What do you mean by feedback loop? Is that something you can determinstically reproduce? We have never heard about any kind of feedback loop.

When you accidentally send midi out of an app back to its own input. Sometimes happens...

Here you can see that, when it happens with f.e. Rozeta BL, it gets detected but midi flow carries on without interruption. Same thing with LK leads to an actual loop.
    The first instance of BL is there only to show that the second instance handling midi events correctly even when receiving midi (to transpose notes) while sending its output back into itself.

When you accidentally send midi out of an app back to its own input. Sometimes happens...

Good point. We are not preventing midi feedback loops in any way. We will add this to our issues list. Thanks for reporting! :blush:

• We have just released LK 1.7.6 with the following improvements:

• More clip follow actions (MATRIX MIDI Mode)
    • Clip play state saving (MATRIX MIDI Mode)
    • Aims to fix crashes
  • Looks good! I’ll be playing with the new toys tonight 🥳🥳

• Hi @sinosoidal , I am having significant CPU loads when adding/deleting tracks or scenes resulting in clipping audio. It happens within AUM, largest buffer size don’t solved this issue.
    Thanks for all you are doing.

iPad Pro 2015 - iPadOs 13.6