Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 3.5 update. how is it for stability?

Comments

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@brambos said:

Holy Skeuomorphism Batman!

I like my synths with drop shadowy 3D buttons as much as the next guy, but this is quite extreme :D

:) - It's the Gadget way.

Kiev has a massive smear of dirt over it.

Proletariat. No matter how clean you are your gadget is equally dirty!

• FYI...The IAP bug appears to be fixed

• @Samu
    holy fuck that would be like the perfect lovechild of my two favourite daws gadget and bm3.

love gadget / love BM3 - but neither quite gets there as a fully fledged wonder daw - each are so close though….

• Also....Korg is operating under an extremely loose definition of the term “sci-fi.”

• @triton100 said:
    @Samu
    holy fuck that would be like the perfect lovechild of my two favourite daws gadget and bm3.

love gadget / love BM3 - but neither quite gets there as a fully fledged wonder daw - each are so close though….

That's why I'm very pushy about Files.app support under iOS11 (and have always been regarding iOS FileProviders and usage of iOS-DocumentPicker / iCloud Drive).

With the Files.app and Documents by Readle I can easily browse files from my NAS for import from all apps that support the Files.app/DocumentPicker :)

Btw. the extra Gadgets can be bought now...

• @samu - have you bought the mac version ?

• @triton100 said:
    @samu - have you bought the mac version ?

Nope, not yet... My MacBook Air is 'slower' than my iPad :D

• @Samu said:

@triton100 said:

hypothetically - if you had a souped up mac - would you jump on mac gadget too? i'm in two minds - it's a great deal for the Uk at £113, but even so, if I don't end up using it on my mac, as I quite enjoy producing on my ipad at the moment, then it's just a waste no?

• @triton100 said:

@Samu said:

@triton100 said:

hypothetically - if you had a souped up mac - would you jump on mac gadget too? i'm in two minds - it's a great deal for the Uk at £113, but even so, if I don't end up using it on my mac, as I quite enjoy producing on my ipad at the moment, then it's just a waste no?

£113? Blimey...

• @MonzoPro said:

@triton100 said:

@Samu said:

@triton100 said:

£113? Blimey...

well thats the current exchange rate of 149$ - that's insane value - but I just don't know if I'd use it. and don't want to fill my hard drive with more GBs that I may not use. Third world problems eh

• @triton100 said:

I would seriously consider it. I'm mainly using Renoise/Trackers and LogicPro X on my Mac so the 'Gadgets' would be quite nice to have as AUs but for now I'm just 'sampling' my iPad using the Ligntning->USB cable so I have real 'need' to have Gadget on my Mac.

But the current price for the desktop version is a 'steal' compared to iOS version considering that all IAPs that are included. Don't know which 'module' IAPs are included and/or if all the IAPs for iM1, iWaveStation and Odyssey and Mono/Poly are included then it's definitely a 'steal' and worth having.

I am a 'Gadget Completionist' (on iOS) so I've spend quite a bit on it already...

• @triton100 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@triton100 said:

@Samu said:

@triton100 said:

£113? Blimey...

well thats the current exchange rate of 149$ - that's insane value - but I just don't know if I'd use it. and don't want to fill my hard drive with more GBs that I may not use. Third world problems eh

That’s very good. Looks like it’s about 8gb, which isn’t too bad - one of my Komplete pianos is that big.

I’ve got a strange relationship with Gadget - I like it, and for a ten minute muck about its great, but I never seem to get past that and create a complete track.

• @Samu said:

@triton100 said:

I would seriously consider it. I'm mainly using Renoise/Trackers and LogicPro X on my Mac so the 'Gadgets' would be quite nice to have as AUs but for now I'm just 'sampling' my iPad using the Ligntning->USB cable so I have real 'need' to have Gadget on my Mac.

But the current price for the desktop version is a 'steal' compared to iOS version considering that all IAPs that are included. Don't know which 'module' IAPs are included and/or if all the IAPs for iM1, iWaveStation and Odyssey and Mono/Poly are included then it's definitely a 'steal' and worth having.

I am a 'Gadget Completionist' (on iOS) so I've spend quite a bit on it already...

Totally - I was a completionaist too, until I started thinking some of the synths were kind of samey (for me) so I tapered my spending spree, but if I get the mac version with the complete gadget set, and use them in my tracks, I'll have to buy them separately on my iPad too.

It's a very clever marketing ploy that kinda forces you to buy everything across all platforms, and ties you into their closed ecosystem. I kinda don;'t want to get caught in that. If I used it all the time I wouldn't mind, It's an investment but at the moment I'm kinda across several daws, so am hesitant.

• @MonzoPro said:

@triton100 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@triton100 said:

@Samu said:

@triton100 said:

£113? Blimey...

That’s very good. Looks like it’s about 8gb, which isn’t too bad - one of my Komplete pianos is that big.

I’ve got a strange relationship with Gadget - I like it, and for a ten minute muck about its great, but I never seem to get past that and create a complete track.

I totally used to be the same, and then one day I was on holiday in Spain, and rather than hit the beach, I went by myself to a local american diner, and spent 3 hours with gadget on my iPad, and had the almightiest of break throughs. It was amazing. I suddenly realised the power, quality and fluidity of gadget (minus a few quirks), but then BM3 came out. So now I flit between the two, when I really would rather just make one of them my go to.

• Anyone else has their app keep crashing when trying to add Vancouver to a project? I bought Vancouver, it downloaded successfully (or so it seems), but as soon as I click on it, bam Gadget crashes and closes down immediately :(

• @Ribbon said:
    Anyone else has their app keep crashing when trying to add Vancouver to a project? I bought Vancouver, it downloaded successfully (or so it seems), but as soon as I click on it, bam Gadget crashes and closes down immediately :(

Did you wait for it to download all the samples?(The circle with the yellow things).
    You could always try to restore the Gadget(s).

Now issues here, after remapping the knobs on the nanoKEY Studio it's a real blast :)

• @Samu said:

@Ribbon said:
    Anyone else has their app keep crashing when trying to add Vancouver to a project? I bought Vancouver, it downloaded successfully (or so it seems), but as soon as I click on it, bam Gadget crashes and closes down immediately :(

Did you wait for it to download all the samples?(The circle with the yellow things).
    You could always try to restore the Gadget(s).

Now issues here, after remapping the knobs on the nanoKEY Studio it's a real blast :)

I did, I waited patiently and then some. Is it possible to only restore this gadget individually? I have lots of custom mappings on the other ones, I'm scared it might reset them. Thanks!

• @Ribbon said:

I did, I waited patiently and then some. Is it possible to only restore this gadget individually? I have lots of custom mappings on the other ones, I'm scared it might reset them. Thanks!

Last time I restored all my Gadgets the midi mappings were preserved so there was no need to re-map anything but I can't guarantee that's the case now...(I just tapped the 'Restore Purchased Gadgets' while they were already installed, this triggered re-dowload of the samples).

• @Samu said:

@Ribbon said:

Last time I restored all my Gadgets the midi mappings were preserved so there was no need to re-map anything but I can't guarantee that's the case now...(I just tapped the 'Restore Purchased Gadgets' while they were already installed, this triggered re-dowload of the samples).

Thanks! I just tried and it kept all the mappings like you said. Phew! But Vancouver still crashes. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow morning it'll magically start working hehe. Thanks for your help :)

• @Ribbon said:
    Thanks! I just tried and it kept all the mappings like you said. Phew! But Vancouver still crashes. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow morning it'll magically start working hehe. Thanks for your help :)

Try restarting your iPad ?

• @R_2 said:

@Ribbon said:

I've restarted it about 5-6 times now. Same with restoring purchased apps. Still no luck. Is it just me?

• @Ribbon said:

@R_2 said:

@Ribbon said:

I've restarted it about 5-6 times now. Same with restoring purchased apps. Still no luck. Is it just me?

Fine on iPhone 8 plus

• Dunno if it has already been mentioned, but the single most important thing in this update is that the knobs finally work ;)

• edited November 2017

I'm a lapsed gadget completionist. (Meaning I've bought all the IAPs, and deleted the whole shebang sworn off forever)

Couple questions for Gadgeteers: the new stuff is more money? The new gadgets aren't listed in the AppStore description, but that's a list of "Top inapp purchases" if I recall...and, is the piano roll still blue?

• Really simple question from an infrequent gadget user... please tell me I can somehow drag/draw velocities from note to note and that I don’t have to adjust them individually.

• @Samu said:
    ...but for now I'm just 'sampling' my iPad using the Ligntning->USB cable so I have real 'need' to have Gadget on my Mac.

Are you sampling through an interface or something else?

• Are you sampling through an interface or something else?

You don't need audio interface, just connect with lightning/USB cable a make connection in Audio Midi Setup on mac.

• @Dawww said:
    You don't need audio interface, just connect with lightning/USB cable a make connection in Audio Midi Setup on mac.

Thanks. I know you don't need an interface, but some like to use them for better DACs and whatnot.

I'm just curious how Samu does it since he's hardcore. :smiley:

• yep. $30 more. And still blue.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    yep. $30 more. And still blue.

Is that the 3 IAP? I would have checked for you, but I've yet to update.