Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 3.5 update. how is it for stability?

Comments

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@RockySmalls said:

@o_imseng said:
    Sustain in EG1 and EG2 is the part where you set the loop point. When you sustain a note the loop settings will be in effect, so you can loop samples in there, this is may main interest, depends on how good the crossfade algorithms etc are.

Thanks. From what i'm hearing there don't seem to be any crossfade algorithms at all! It sounds like it's litterally just a hard cut between the start and end of the loop point. I might be wrong though.

no micro fades would be a bit crazy ,, especially if there is no visual zooming into the waveform to find a zero point!!? seems they put the student intern on gadget designing duties this time!
    still,, I will buy it ... if and when the ios version gets its act together

You totally can zoom in to the waveform - sorry, I forgot to mention that. You can zoom in a LONG way. Similar to Zurich and the other audio Gadget. So that should help you find a zero point.

oooh! ok, that sounds more professional.. i've spent many a midnight hour trying to find zeroed loop point using only an akai dial and my ears.. so full marks to korg for that detail. I presume that means that the sample length isn't hobbled like in Bilbao and Abu Dahbi? ( i checked, still ridiculously short even in this 3.5 update )
    with the layers, polyphony and the modulation stuff it might make it nice to run long samples across many bars??
    tanks, and also tanks for pointing out the chord pads on Lisbon. might make it worth thinking about.

Mmm - bad news people. Seems to me like there's a 10 second limit on samples. (Or actually very slightly longer than Bilbao - maybe 11 secs.

what theeeeeeeeee! £1 per second? why why after implementing audio tracks would korg do that? is it crippled like in Bilbao/abu dhabi where you actually can only use maybe 5 seconds max in reality as the enforced decay. I am hoping the fact it loops means you can go all the way to the end and decay out with the last bit looped??

• If you have "unlimited" audio files in Zurich and Rosario, would you really need long samples in Vancouver? Sometimes I think that more mass-appeal apps, like Gadget and GarageBand, make design decisions based on not letting their less experienced users get into trouble with too many options.

• I would say I won’t buy the new Gadgets until I have seen a demo by Doug - but then Korg have made it so I can’t buy them anyway - HaHaHa!

• @PhilW said:
    I would say I won’t buy the new Gadgets until I have seen a demo by Doug - but then Korg have made it so I can’t buy them anyway - HaHaHa!

I don't know that it's Korg. The new App store must have been the result of a massive overhaul. I've never had things go so haywire. Has Korg responded on social media about this?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    If you have "unlimited" audio files in Zurich and Rosario, would you really need long samples in Vancouver? Sometimes I think that more mass-appeal apps, like Gadget and GarageBand, make design decisions based on not letting their less experienced users get into trouble with too many options.

answer: yes :). you can't do anything except fx on the audio tracks, whereas in this Vancouver I was hoping you could take a 30 or 60 secs audio thing ( or more ) and play them an octave down for half speed, modulated speed and various other radiophonic palaver. 10 seconds is a bit like having an S2000 with only standard 2mb ram circa 1996 or so..
    NOT that there's anything wrong with that!, :) i guess it's time to adopt the old workarounds , speeding a soundfile up in twisted wave then importing it and slowing down to get longer snippets maybe.. fun fun fun!

Mmm - bad news people. Seems to me like there's a 10 second limit on samples. (Or actually very slightly longer than Bilbao - maybe 11 secs.

I don't really see that as a big problem to be honest, but then again it depends on what kind of sampling one does...
    (Still can't get the IAPs on iOS).

• ...till your daddy takes your Tbird away

• @RockySmalls said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    10 seconds is a bit like having an S2000 with only standard 2mb ram circa 1996 or so..

NOT that there's anything wrong with that!, :) i guess it's time to adopt the old workarounds , speeding a soundfile up in twisted wave then importing it and slowing down to get longer snippets maybe.. fun fun fun!

I would thing that's the entire point of this gadget. I think it's kinda great.

• I wish it was available to buy in my App Store.........LOL

• @PhilW said:
    ...till your daddy takes your Tbird away

that was a few years ago, been thumbing lifts ever since, I'm going your way. :)

• @Samu said:

I don't really see that as a big problem to be honest, but then again it depends on what kind of sampling one does...
    (Still can't get the IAPs on iOS).

well, whats even worse ( and I'm still scratching my head about it ) is in Bilbao etc even if you slow down the pitch of the sample IT STILL CUTS OFF AFTER 5 seconds!! ( actually less )
    damn weird and very frustrating.. I'm old school enough to get into a head space where 10 seconds is yr entire sample allocation, so Vancouver might still fill the bill, but I like messing with phrases and with automatable loop points etc it seems almost malicious to hobble a modern sampler to that extent.. if that'Debris' effect makes it sound like an old casio SK1 then maybe it will all click.
    the hilarity of this appstore shenanigans is means more time is spent speculating and none is spent bending the thing to our wills...

• @brambos said:

Holy Skeuomorphism Batman!

I like my synths with drop shadowy 3D buttons as much as the next guy, but this is quite extreme :D

:) - It's the Gadget way.

Kiev has a massive smear of dirt over it.

• @brambos said:

I like my synths with drop shadowy 3D buttons as much as the next guy, but this is quite extreme :D

the plastique fantastique look is something I can give the thumbs up to.. in fact I would pay good money for it if it existed in the real world.. it would be about monotron sized and battery powered of course...

@brambos said:

:) - It's the Gadget way.

Kiev has a massive smear of dirt over it.

Madrid is covered in fingerprints and has a headphone jack.

• 'Sampling / Resampling' straight into Vancouver would have been a nice bonus :)

• So many memories of editing loop points by hand on the Akai X700. Made lots of sample disks, but no compositions as all my time was spent searching for zero crossings. Good times... good times. (sobs quietly)

I'm actually late to the Gadget party so this $19 deal is probably a good reason to get it.

• @Samu said:
    'Sampling / Resampling' straight into Vancouver would have been a nice bonus :)

Can you time stretch samples ? So fit drum loops to fit the track bpm?

• @triton100 said:

@Samu said:

That's a job for Abu Dhabi

• @brambos said:

You must be sitting back with the pipe and slippers (and large brandy) after all the uncertainty about your launch, yet here you are, all sorted, and King Korg's shop has had its window broken...

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@triton100 said:

@Samu said:

Wait... Did I miss something so important to me for years ?... Abu Dhabi imports time stretch from when ?... (Goes back to BM3 waiting for answer lol)

• @ElGregoLoco said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@triton100 said:

@Samu said:

Wait... Did I miss something so important to me for years ?... Abu Dhabi imports time stretch from when ?... (Goes back to BM3 waiting for answer lol)

If it's a perfect loop under 10 seconds it will be equally sliced and you can layout a pattern that will play the loop at any reasonable tempo

You can adjust pitch if you want to

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@brambos said:

You must be sitting back with the pipe and slippers (and large brandy) after all the uncertainty about your launch, yet here you are, all sorted, and King Korg's shop has had its window broken...

Well.. it was a rather frustrating and anxiety inducing affair which I hope the guys from Korg won't have to suffer for too long. :)

• @LucidMusicInc Thanks, for me though, I find the way it currently works is longwinded and kills my flow. I've never seen bilboa able to auto spread the sample across pads - you have to manually do each pad individually. That's loooonnngg - and plus you have to do housekeeping with the sample before you even get it in there.

• After many failed attempts, I just downloaded Vancouver to my iPad. I think it's going to be one of my favorites....

• @brambos said:

Well.. it was a rather frustrating and anxiety inducing affair which I hope the guys from Korg won't have to suffer for too long. :)

Agreed, hope they come to their senses and bake in some Files.app support while they are waiting for Apple to make the IAPs available :)

For some oddball reason there's more export options when exporting to iTunes and Dropbox than to AudioShare?
    Also all the stuff exported to 'iTunes' is directly available for all the Audio Gadgets so it would only make sense to expose the folder content in Files.app.

It would also make it easier to do backups backs up Gadget sessions and 'rename' the exported files...

• @LucidMusicInc Ah of course - see where you're coming from now. Even so you still need to tidy up the sample externally before importing, and for some reason drop box is greyed out for import? And I would never use the iTunes option - unless again I'm missing something?

• They're there. Please, no fighting in the aisles.

• @brambos said:

It’s gonna be spooky with light coming from the left!

• @triton100 said:
    And I would never use the iTunes option - unless again I'm missing something?

Under iOS11 'iTunes' is the folder that can be visible to Files.app.
    For example in BM3 when you look at the Files.app and see the BM3 under 'On my iPad' it's exactly the same folder you see when you use iFunBox or iTunes to access the files.

So let's play with the thought that Korg would implemented Files.app support. That would enable you to browse the BM3 content directly and import from there and when you do an export from Gadget you could select the folder inside BM3 as the 'destination'...