Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 3.5 update. how is it for stability?

1235»

Comments

• @telecharge said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    yep. $30 more. And still blue.

Is that the 3 IAP? I would have checked for you, but I've yet to update.

Ya that's all in, for this round.

• edited November 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Had to.

That's the thing right there. Smart fellow I knew told me people don't do what they want to, they do what they have to

• @Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Had to.

That's the thing right there. Smart fellow I knew told me people don't do what they want to, they do what they have to

Yes. Agree. Especially on matters close to the railing. Have to is the honest man's need.

And in more mundane matters of price and value, I'm not overwhelmed (yet) with either of the central offerings, but I have written half of an idea of a song (the hard half) because of them and I wouldn't throw it away now for twice the money.

• @Ribbon said:
    I've restarted it about 5-6 times now. Same with restoring purchased apps. Still no luck. Is it just me?

Only thing i can think of:
    Go to Settings > Gadget > Utility > switch on ‘Reset Current Work’

• @R_2 said:

@Ribbon said:
    I've restarted it about 5-6 times now. Same with restoring purchased apps. Still no luck. Is it just me?

Thanks, turns out it's a glitch with Vancouver on 32-bit machines and Korg are working on it.

• edited November 2017

I was pretty excited about the 50% off on Gadget for Mac - not so much for its being another sketchpad/DAW but for being a great collection of plugins (M1, Wavestation etc.). I sprung for it yesterday and got it all installed. But I'm pretty disappointed that the plugins don't load in some hosts. Obviously, they work in Gadget, Ableton Live and Logic/Mainstage but I'm a guitarist using Fishman's TriplePlay and experimenting with MIDI Guitar 2 and the plugins will not open in either of those host apps. To be more precise, they load but they load as blank windows and can't be played. How do they work in other DAW/Hosts?

• I give this update a 9/10. Haven't got the IAPs... yet... but they fixed a long standing graphical glitch where you'd get flickering when maximising a Gadget. That's now gone for good, it's smooth and fluid looking.

Lots of improvements with file handling. Importing and exporting presets.

They have said to address the knob movement, with a touch and hold it works as it should.

Only crashes that occur when using soundcloud as to be expected. If Korg added a feature that would completely disable soundcloud and alihoopa if give it a 10/10. It's a nice feature but I don't want to use it and now I get a nag screen if I'm not connected to Big Brother soundcloud.

• Has anyone who bought the macOS one decided they simply won’t need to buy any further gadgets for their iOS install, seeing as they’re all going to be there on the macOS one for no further expenditure?

• @u0421793 said:
    Has anyone who bought the macOS one decided they simply won’t need to buy any further gadgets for their iOS install, seeing as they’re all going to be there on the macOS one for no further expenditure?

I have decided NOT to buy the macOS version of Gadget.(I prefer to use it on a 'touch device' and I would need a faster computer to fully utilise it further adding to the cost). Also there's no guarantee that all future Gadgets will be 'free' for the macOS version either. On iOS I also have the flexibility to use iM1 and iWavestation to create patches for Darwin and Miltipas Gadget's that simply can not be done on the macOS version of Gadget.

Spending some cash a few times a year on Korg stuff is OK with me :)

• @u0421793 said:
    Has anyone who bought the macOS one decided they simply won’t need to buy any further gadgets for their iOS install, seeing as they’re all going to be there on the macOS one for no further expenditure?

I caved over this past weekend and grabbed the mac version during the sale. I haven't purchased any of the new gadgets for iOS yet. Can say I made the right decision not buying mono/poly a while back, but will be picking up Lisbon for the iOS version. The mastering tool is gimmicky imo after seeing it on mac, so won't be getting that on iOS either. I don't see myself using Gadget as a mastering tool anytime soon. Now, using them as plugins in Logic is where the real fun begins. For $150 I have no ragrets (ha).

• rosario and zurich are dimmed out for me on my ipad pro. anyone else having this issue?

• @LeonLeroy said:
    rosario and zurich are dimmed out for me on my ipad pro. anyone else having this issue?

I think you must be using the "change" option to load your gadget. If you add it as a new track, they should not be greyed out. If you add Rosario or Zurich and try to "Change" the gadget, you should see the opposite with most of the regular gadgets greyed out but Rosario and Zurich showing up normal. I guess the audio and regular gadgets get implemented as tracks differently.

• edited November 2017

@u0421793 said:

Having the Mac version of Gadget with all the VST’s and Ableton Live to export to, essentially makes Gadget on iPhone a portable extension of Ableton on my Mac.

There is nothing out there that I have experienced that can work in such a cool and slick way cross device and DAW platform

In my opinion it is truly remarkable and I feel lucky to be able to take advantage of such technology.

I purchased Korg Gadget on day 1 and have purchased all updates ever since and now we have the sampler it is a great tool to build ideas and create starting points or whole tracks to export into Ableton.

I would add something like Ableton’s Simpler where you can freely assign multiple slice points over the full range of say a vocal.

Everything from here on in in terms of Gadget updates is just Gravy. ;)

• @Ribbon said:

@R_2 said:

@Ribbon said:

Thanks, turns out it's a glitch with Vancouver on 32-bit machines and Korg are working on it.

Phew! It works now with the latest update. I was starting to get grumpy about it.

• Anyone having a weird effect tail on the end of there samples? In Vancouver, Bilbao I got a weird tail only in gadget.