Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BM3 looking good

Comments

• It seems like the team for desktop was fired and the team from iPad version hired to work into dedicated ARM standalone version trying to get the best of both worlds... which seems fair to me but needs to prove it works and can get low timming like old ones (1000/2500 and earlier)

• My interest has been piqued for bm3. Can it be used as a daw? Or is it more of an instrument studio like gadget and BeatHawk?

• If Intua would make BM3 with ableton export/mpc export that would be so perfect!!!

Intua if you're reading this please accept as an official request!!!!

• @ion677 bm2 was:
    Daw
    Recorder midi and audio
    Beat maker
    Sampler
    Instrument (lacking in decent presets but full of capability)

• I think they should go ahead and release BM3... Considering that IOS 11 will bring big changes to how we work with the iPad...
    An update to BM3 for IOS11 is inevitable in the short term..

• edited June 2017

Intua should wait until ios11 for a proper BM3 release.

• @Heiliger_Bimbam said:

dont give them ideas :D

• @Heiliger_Bimbam said:

Might as well have them wait till 10mins before the end of the world. That way all the bugs left wouldn't matter anymore.

• @mireko_2 said:
    Honestly digitakt might be the best hardware I've ever bought even with the bugs

I haven't been following it too closely, what bugs are people talking about?

• @Tarekith said:

@mireko_2 said:
    Honestly digitakt might be the best hardware I've ever bought even with the bugs

I haven't been following it too closely, what bugs are people talking about?

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/dt-bug-reports-os-1-02/40302/229

• one of the first things I'll be looking for in BM3 is follow actions

• edited June 2017

@kobamoto said:
    one of the first things I'll be looking for in BM3 is follow actions

modstep already has follow actions. not as much as ableton but they're there. haven't really experimented with them much yet though.... the newest modstep ab3 beta has been making me more and more excited. you can now have a single modstep track control multiple synths. or have multiple tracks control a single synth. good stuff :D

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    modstep already has follow actions. not as much as ableton but they're there. haven't really experimented with them much yet though.... .....

Where are the follow actions?

• very cool for modstep users but I need such goodies in beatmaker 3

• @kobamoto said:
    very cool for modstep users but I need such goodies in beatmaker 3

Exactly the same here... Except the "such goodies in" part :-D

• edited June 2017

@Korakios said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    modstep already has follow actions. not as much as ableton but they're there. haven't really experimented with them much yet though.... .....

It's not super detailed yet. But you can make individual loops repeat a set number of times or infinity and send out program change

Or an entire layer can repeat a set number of times to infinity, change global key or change to a Specific tempo and send program change.

Hopefully they will expand this once they implement the new engine.
    Reason we haven't seen a lot of updates is it's taking them a while to port to it.

Looping the layers to infinity basically turns modstep into ableton session view. And you can map every cell to a launchpad or other grid based controller. Pretty useful if you ask me.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Korakios said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

It's not super detailed yet. But you can make individual loops repeat a set number of times or infinity and send out program change

Or an entire layer can repeat a set number of times to infinity, change global key or change to a Specific tempo and send program change.

Hopefully they will expand this once they implement the new engine.
    Reason we haven't seen a lot of updates is it's taking them a while to port to it.

Looping the layers to infinity basically turns modstep into ableton session view. And you can map every cell to a launchpad or other grid based controller. Pretty useful if you ask me.

Yeah, there's a lot to like; I use that tempo change often because it makes a difference to subtly change the tempo in a track. What I miss from Ableton session view is the ability to map a MIDI controller to "play next row" or "play previous row". I know it can be done by assigning a CC to each row, but I'm stingy with my controller buttons. Most of the time I just go forwards and backwards through the rows manually, so a simple two-button combination would do the trick.

• @ElGregoLoco said:

@kobamoto said:
    very cool for modstep users but I need such goodies in beatmaker 3

Exactly the same here... Except the "such goodies in" part :-D

lol, but that's the best part

• @hansjbs said:

@kobamoto said:
    the fact that half of the mpcs and half of the digitakts (not really half, but for the sake of drama) are bugging out is making it quite easy for me to be patient.
    in even more useless news I got a message from retronyms on my iPad today asking if I'm curious about what they've been up to lately.... those guys know how to get a good laugh out of you

You should have replied. :D . Even tho I still use iMPC pro for sketches, when it comes times to transfer and use the mpc touch I curse them out every time. Who cares about tabletop when they didn't even add a feature. It's like let's update these app to 64 bit and call it a day. WTF!!!!!

Retronyms just had a live session on Youtube for the purpose of 'making beats and hunting bugs'. The program crashed many times during the session. It behaved like an untested beta even though they were using the version being sold on the Appstore. The MPC Export bug was brought up, tested and confirmed. Retronyms acted as if it was a new bug despite being notified of it a year ago.

My take from all of that was that BM3 is imminent. Retronyms knows this and are desperately playing catch up. Just last week they Tweeted that there were no planned updates for iMPC Pro because they were busy with other products. Now all of a sudden they would have us believe that they are actively working to squash bugs and release an update.

Too little, too late.

• @Dham said:

@hansjbs said:

@kobamoto said:
    the fact that half of the mpcs and half of the digitakts (not really half, but for the sake of drama) are bugging out is making it quite easy for me to be patient.
    in even more useless news I got a message from retronyms on my iPad today asking if I'm curious about what they've been up to lately.... those guys know how to get a good laugh out of you

You should have replied. :D . Even tho I still use iMPC pro for sketches, when it comes times to transfer and use the mpc touch I curse them out every time. Who cares about tabletop when they didn't even add a feature. It's like let's update these app to 64 bit and call it a day. WTF!!!!!

Retronyms just had a live session on Youtube for the purpose of 'making beats and hunting bugs'. The program crashed many times during the session. It behaved like an untested beta even though they were using the version being sold on the Appstore. The MPC Export bug was brought up, tested and confirmed. Retronyms acted as if it was a new bug despite being notified of it a year ago.

My take from all of that was that BM3 is imminent. Retronyms knows this and are desperately playing catch up. Just last week they Tweeted that there were no planned updates for iMPC Pro because they were busy with other products. Now all of a sudden they would have us believe that they are actively working to squash bugs and release an update.

Too little, too late.

• edited June 2017

now that the mpc live has been released I think the impc pro issues are making allot more since, think about it... it has an incredible feature set and is probably the music app with the least feature request in the App Store..... the number one feature request has been stability...... and as far as workflow goes it's the closest thing to the mpc live even though it's far away yet, it can even do things that the mpc live can't do.... there is no excuse for it other than not wanting to step on toes, the way they pop in and out of wanting to get the app right and then are busy with other things but then keep sending someone back in to let you know they really want to know how to better serve the product and userbase, then disappear again, then back with a different employee and more pledges pfffft and all of that talk about tickets and putting all the bugs on tickets and ticket this ticket that tickets up the whazoo....
    I got 3 years worth of tickets

Most of the people buying the mpc live are sample heads, they don't even care about using it with the computer in controller mode, they don't care about vsts and those people have enough features in the impc pro that if it was stable they would not buy an mpc live

back to BM3, Hope the workflow is on point, they didn't really need more features but of course more features is better too

• @Dham said:

@hansjbs said:

@kobamoto said:

Too little, too late.

Tell me about it. They treat their beta testers like we don't exist. Brought the mpc export stuff over a year ago with empty promises. When I read that tweet I was done with them. I know they had a live session but I was not interested.

• @kobamoto said:
    now that the mpc live has been released I think the impc pro issues are making allot more since, think about it... it has an incredible feature set and is probably the music app with the least feature request in the App Store..... the number one feature request has been stability...... and as far as workflow goes it's the closest thing to the mpc live even though it's far away yet, it can even do things that the mpc live can't do.... there is no excuse for it other than not wanting to step on toes, the way they pop in and out of wanting to get the app right and then are busy with other things but then keep sending someone back in to let you know they really want to know how to better serve the product and userbase, then disappear again, then back with a different employee and more pledges pfffft and all of that talk about tickets and putting all the bugs on tickets and ticket this ticket that tickets up the whazoo....

Most of the people buying the mpc live are sample heads, they don't even care about using it with the computer in controller mode, they don't care about vsts and those people have enough features in the impc pro that if it was stable they would not buy an mpc live

back to BM3, Hope the workflow is on point, they didn't really need more features but of course more features is better too

I would still by the live even if iMPC pro did everything I asked. Can't beat the hardware feel. I bought the mpc fly just because of iMPC. Now it's paper weight. That was such a good concept that needed to be improved with audio in/out, midi in/out and USB midi.

• @hansjbs said:

@kobamoto said:

I would still by the live even if iMPC pro did everything I asked. Can't beat the hardware feel. I bought the mpc fly just because of iMPC. Now it's paper weight. That was such a good concept that needed to be improved with audio in/out, midi in/out and USB midi.

yep, they should have ran with that concept cause even now it would work... the thing that bothers me about the mpc L is that it could have been the form factor of the mix 16, still with 4x4 design but in this day and age there is no need for it to be a brick.

• @kobamoto said:

@hansjbs said:

@kobamoto said:

yep, they should have ran with that concept cause even now it would work... the thing that bothers me about the mpc L is that it could have been the form factor of the mix 16, still with 4x4 design but in this day and age there is no need for it to be a brick.

Think about it, I/o, touch screen, battery, motherboard with hdd and ram plus space for cooling. It has to be a brick right now to keep it at a reasonable price. Will slim down for the next generation for sure. Shit I work for the defense industry and I've been in Air Force and navy planes and helicopters. There's no space due to the radar, nav systems and other stuff. The radars we build are massive to do what it needs to at cheap price. The smaller the more expensive these things get. Portable is expensive

• yeah it would have cost more but damn, we would have gotten a sweeter machine :)
    we'll see what happens next year or the year after.

hopefully bm3 will be in our hands by then as well

• NNNooooiiiiccccceee

• @kobamoto said:
    NNNooooiiiiccccceee

Proppah!

• @5pinlink said:

@Heiliger_Bimbam said:

Couldnt agree more, use the time to program up full Push 2 support and this is in ultimate hardware territory.

Well you need to use push through computer anyways and bm3 has sequencers = push would basically just be a 64pad controller. BM3 already accepts 64pad controller and you can midimap the knobs. I dont think push is really the right product for this sort of stuff. Its just too baked in to ableton and requires being routed through computer anyways. And if you dont use it with ableton, its just a dummy midi controller, which doesent differ from lets say a launchpad, except ofc in how its build and the fact that it has few knobs and the modwheel strip(that some people use as pitch bend). Push would require hacking of the push itself, not really adjusting bm3 to push. Ofc it would be nice to have a bm3 template on push, but i doubt intua has time for this and its very few people who would actually want to install some hack to their push.

So yeah, i dont see it happening, but launchpad works with bm3, at least in theory, and you could get some other controller with knobs and sliders.