Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BM3 looking good

Comments

• edited May 2017

@hansjbs said:
    I have my trigger finger pro ready. Will set it up when BM3 comes.

I sold mine after realize it has some unfixed bugs in the sequencer part but I love the concept so bad!

• @Dubbylabby said:

@hansjbs said:

I sold mine after realize it has some unfixed bugs in the secuencer part but ai love the concept so bad!

Never liked the pads , could not rename the midi CC display , the sequencer could not record a sustain note (had to manually tie notes) ,bought an mpd 218 for less space ( crappy pads , too much hype on the net )

• @Korakios said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@hansjbs said:

I sold mine after realize it has some unfixed bugs in the secuencer part but ai love the concept so bad!

Never liked the pads , could not rename the midi CC display , the sequencer could not record a sustain note (had to manually tie notes) ,bought an mpd 218 for less space ( crappy pads , too much hype on the net )

I bought a pad One for the xy and midi output (a must when I used docks)

• @Dubbylabby said:

@hansjbs said:

I sold mine after realize it has some unfixed bugs in the sequencer part but I love the concept so bad!

I didnt use it much after buying it but its a good controller in my opinion. The software sux and im not too worried about the sequencer. So im basically using it for the pads,knobs and faders LOL

• edited May 2017

those triggerfingers can send out multiple messages from a single pad though, that's very useful

• Im making beatmaker 3 presets and intruments as we speak. 16 pads and 64 pads color coded for easy remembering of what type of sample is loaded

• To beta testers :
    How are the filters ? Didn't like BM2 filters at all. ( no character )

• @Korakios said:
    To beta testers :
    How are the filters ? Didn't like BM2 filters at all. ( no character )

I played with them some, but didnt do any proper comparisons or paid too much attention to its quality, but im quite picky about this sort of stuff and didnt notice anything wrong with it.

• edited May 2017

@Shazamm does Bm3 support the novation launchpads rgb LEDs? Also does it have Ableton link ? Pretty much my main two concerns. That follwed by does it have Iaa multiple outs ?

• Hey guys!

We greatly improved the filters in BM3. It's really a step up compared to BM2!

Cheers.
    Mathieu.

• edited May 2017

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    @Shazamm does Bm3 support the novation launchpads rgb LEDs? Also does it have Ableton link ? Pretty much my main two concerns. That follwed by does it have Iaa multiple outs ?

Launchpads led colors can be controlled on MIDI Channel 5 or 6 and using note velocities as the color code.
    Check this article out: https://us.novationmusic.com/launchpad-pro-lightshow
    Now I don't have a Launchpad to try this out!

Also, BeatMaker 3 supports Ableton Link.

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

• @mathieugarcia said:
    Hey guys!

We greatly improved the filters in BM3. It's really a step up compared to BM2!

Cheers.
    Mathieu.

Great ! Are there different filter types ? Meaning , not Hipass,Lowpass (which is standard) ,but different type of Lowpass ? If not please don't add this feature ( for the obvious just-launch-the-app-now-please ) :)

• @mathieugarcia said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Launchpads led colors can be controlled on MIDI Channel 5 or 6 and using note velocities as the color code.

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

Oh I know that. Was wondering if there would be native support. Infinite looper did a fantastic implementation. Pretty much every launchpad shares user mode 1 so it I would involve just making 1 script for all launchpads.

• @mathieugarcia said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

Thanks....
    When will BM3 be released?

• @RajahP said:

@mathieugarcia said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

Thanks....

Sssshhhh! Don't scare it away!

• @RajahP said:

@mathieugarcia said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

Thanks....

Noooooooooo.... Everytime someone asks this, they report the release date one month later... didn'nt you know ?...

• @AudioGus said:

@RajahP said:

@mathieugarcia said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

Thanks....

Sssshhhh! Don't scare it away!

http://cdn.earthporm.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/ninja-cat-hiding-funny-108__605.jpg

• I just want to say one thing. The UI screenshots of BM3 look fantastic. Even if I can't make a sick and fat beat to win me a Grammy I'll enjoy using the app if it performs as good as it looks.

• Will bm2 files transfer over easy to bm3?

• Uncle @Samu

If I have a long, say five minute wav file of somewhat unquantised noises, bits, bloops etc is it easy to drag bits of it into the sampler and trim it or select ranges, drop portions onto pads or some such thing?

• @AudioGus said:
    Uncle @Samu

If I have a long, say five minute wav file of somewhat unquantised noises, bits, bloops etc is it easy to drag bits of it into the sampler and trim it or select ranges, drop portions onto pads or some such thing?

It's easy to add slice markers to files yes, they get mapped to keys buy default, you can then do slice to pads if needed.

Longer files will be streamed from 'disk'.

When you do a 'slice to pads' the file is not chopped but instead the pads reference the original file and set the bounds to match the slice, you can 'trim' the file too but it's actually quite smart to use bounds as you can easily adjust the slice afterwards. It saves some disk-space too :)

• @Samu said:

@AudioGus said:
    Uncle @Samu

It's easy to add slice markers to files yes, they get mapped to keys buy default, you can then do slice to pads if needed.

Longer files will be streamed from 'disk'.

When you do a 'slice to pads' the file is not chopped but instead the pads reference the original file and set the bounds to match the slice, you can 'trim' the file too but it's actually quite smart to use bounds as you can easily adjust the slice afterwards. It saves some disk-space too :)

That sounds awesome! :)

• No news, no videos, no nothing ?...

• @stormywaterz said:
    Will bm2 files transfer over easy to bm3?

No. They said in their forum they would work on it if they had enough request but only two people asked for it, I was one. BM3 is very different structurally from BM2.

• @ElGregoLoco said:
    No news, no videos, no nothing ?...

I was going to write the same thing yesterday but I feel asleep looking at screen shots! lol
    I took out some money from my savings to consider buying and mpc live (which could be redundant) or an op-1 however, BM3 could be my answer but I need to test it out first.

• edited May 2017

@Noirflux said:

@ElGregoLoco said:
    No news, no videos, no nothing ?...

I was going to write the same thing yesterday but I feel asleep looking at screen shots! lol
    I took out some money from my savings to consider buying and mpc live (which could be redundant) or an op-1 however, BM3 could be my answer but I need to test it out first.

In the same boat. Which is not a bad boat to be in. But it's a slow boat for sure.

• Meanwhile I just discovered I can AirDrop zips & wavs from my Mac to my iPad and choose to Open in BM3 Beta.
    Transfer is damn fast actually.
    I zipped a whole Maschine Expansion Sample folder and sent it this way, and I discovered that it reads the .CAF files from Logic X libraries. Which is cool because they have some nice loops in there.

I'm working on a video and hopefully have it ready when it will ship out.

• @alecsbuga said:
    Meanwhile I just discovered I can AirDrop zips & wavs from my Mac to my iPad and choose to Open in BM3 Beta.
    I zipped a whole Maschine Expansion Sample folder and sent it this way, and I discovered that it reads the .CAF files from Logic X libraries. Which is cool because they have some nice loops in there.

Hehe, meanwhile, rub it in dude! ;)

• @AudioGus said:

@alecsbuga said:
    Meanwhile I just discovered I can AirDrop zips & wavs from my Mac to my iPad and choose to Open in BM3 Beta.

Hehe, meanwhile, rub it in dude! ;)

You can easily import full folders from AudioShare(Or any other file-manager) using the standard iCloudDrive Document-Picker. If you select multiple files for export they will be automatically zipped.

Saving AppleLoops is also possible.
    Export them to AudioShare and use the iCloud Drive picker from Garageband to import them :)

All I can say is that it will be worth the wait!