Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WoodStepper from Woodmans Immaculate Maple Syrup Studio is out.

12346»

Comments

• @woodman said:
    @Jumpercollins : yes [email protected] is fine
    about iCloud : did (or can) you check (with the Files app) that the files are really on your device (so not showing the cloud icon) ?
    Woodman

@woodman Email sent, that’s one hell long of a email address by the way wouldn’t want to type that out to regular!

I checked the file was on my iPad first by turning off WiFi. Tried again earlier still not showing in bottom window.

• edited February 2020

New update has sidechain support!

This was for woodpressor. My bad!

• Version 3.3 is out:

• Added new sampling record modes : record on Step 1, record on Next Step, record when Armed, record when Midi Note on received.
    • Added “ALT” button :
      when a step led is clicked, it will mute in stead of disable the step
      when a parameter is changed, the same parameter will be updated in all sequencers.

• Added playhead display in sample graphs :

when Sampling is Armed, it displays the relative Step Time.

otherwise it displays the current samples being played.

• Presets are now visible and can be set in the DAW preset menu (DAW dependent).

• Added Previous Preset button (visible when sequencer is running)

• Fixed a bug in sampling when "first step" is on (samples were taken from wrong position)

• I need to revisit the app - still confuses the hell out of me but I so think I could use it. Drawing board = back to!

• Now that I don’t have the expense of heading to SXSW I’ve just bought this to cheer myself up.

• Hello everyone! Does anyone have the manual for this to send me over? I tried to get it from the website, but it seems to be down :/
    Thank you!

• @sharifkerbage said:
    Hello everyone! Does anyone have the manual for this to send me over? I tried to get it from the website, but it seems to be down :/
    Thank you!

• @gusgranite said:

@sharifkerbage said:
    Hello everyone! Does anyone have the manual for this to send me over? I tried to get it from the website, but it seems to be down :/
    Thank you!

Cheers!

• @sharifkerbage said:
    Thank you!

You need to go to where you probably tried to d/l it from and allow whichever web blocker to trust that website. I'm downloading the pdf right now, let me know if you want the file, I'll DM it to you

• edited July 2021

@eylvy said:

@sharifkerbage said:
    Thank you!

You need to go to where you probably tried to d/l it from and allow whichever web blocker to trust that website. I'm downloading the pdf right now, let me know if you want the file, I'll DM it to you

No luck for me :/
    I've already got it for version 1, but if you have the one for version 2 could you please DM it to me?
    Thaanks!

• Really impresed about this plugin, it can get super deep.
    The only thing missing IMO is Multi-out audio for each sequence line, this'd bring Woodstepper to a whole new level.

• Version 4.0 is out:

• Samples, TrackAudio and the 3 Oscillators can now be used in parallel.
    • All sources now have a step gain allowing for a different mixture per step.
    • All (almost) existing OSC params are changed into a STEP parameter.
    • Added Variations (Vari) panel :
      allows to changes parameters over a number of sequences (opposed to the per-step changes).
      is similar to LFO modulation at very low frequencies but timing is set by the number of sequences.
      3 diff params can be changed .
      for each param the number of sequences can be set.
      params can be changed up/down.
      params can be changed continuously or only after the sequence starts again at step 1.
      3 different note offsets can be set.
      Added Phase modulation to OSC1,2 & 3 (FM synthesis)
      Phase mod of OSC 1 is done with OSC2
      Phase mod of OSC 2 is done with output (pre gain) of the next sequencer.
      Phase Mod of OSC3 is done by the Samples.
      Added step frequency modulation LFO to the Samples.
      Added step Detune to the Samples.
      Sample Start and Width are now STEP params. (different sounds per step …).
      Added Samples Auto Gain.
      Added LFO waveform to Samples modulation LFO.
      Added sync of OSC2 & 3 to OSC1.
      Added modulation LFO waveform to OSC 2 & 3.
      Added PulseWidth and Amplitude/PW modulation to OSC1.
      Added Ring modulation to Pan/Out panel : OSC1-OSC2 OSC-SMPLS SEQ1-SEQ2
      Added MidiLearn for almost all parameters.
      Added distort function on the Track input source.

UI :
    Replaced Next Sequencer button in each panel with radio buttons.
    Source panel popup replaced by buttons to allow parallel sources
    Midi settings (note range, channel) have their own panel (were in OSC 1)
    Added OSC1 LFO bars popup.
    Added Step note (pitch) recording mode : notes played are converted to pitch shift values.
    Added Vol button which will show all step gain values and when clicking the step led will show a popup to set the gain.
    Sequencer leds not shown any longer when sequencer row is off.
    Recording samples is now controlled only by the “Sampling Armed” button. (Sample Source needed to be on previously).

Preset system updated :
    real (multiple) subfolders supported
    added Browser for presets and sample files
    factory presets are now in a subfolder “factory”
    factory synth presets are in subfolder “synth”
    when iCloud is NOT used, the standalone app will copy the presets and sample files into a shared (App Group) folder to make them available for the AUv3 plugins (copy is done only when starting up the standalone app)

Bugs fixed :
    Fixed working in GarageBand
    Fixed popup menus in iOS15 (Vari notes, Volume popups, Copy/Paste popup)

• I am too stupid for this app.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    I am too stupid for this app.

I'm not, but I would rather watch a @Gavinski demonstration for something like this, than read the manual, or watch a tutorial that covers the entire manual.

It looks like it might be worth learning. I own it, but I never learned how to use it.

• its a great app and is simpler than it seems. just load the thing up and start tweaking and you'll understand it!

• @Skyblazer @Philandering_Bastard
    I made a little (1-shot, not very fancy) vid to get you started.
    A next vid will handle the new features in 4.0.
    Let me know if things are still unclear or what I should explain more/better/deeper.
    Woodman.

• @woodman Thank you for that video.. You have shone some light.. 👍 would love to see more..

• @royor
    tnx, yes working on the next one about the new features in 4.0 ...

• @Skyblazer said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:
    I am too stupid for this app.

I'm not, but I would rather watch a @Gavinski demonstration for something like this, than read the manual, or watch a tutorial that covers the entire manual.

It looks like it might be worth learning. I own it, but I never learned how to use it.

I'd rather watch a Gavinski video about it than read the manual too haha. I'm really done for a while with making vids on complex apps 😂 but I am definitely looking forward to watching Woodman's vid and getting some clues how to use this powerful tool

• @all : here is another 1-shot video (ok I won't win an oscar) about the new features in WoodStepper 4.0.
    I hope it is a bit useful.
    Woodman

• :D A sale would be useful

But these videos really demystify the plugin for me, enhancing my desire to buy.

• @woodman thank you for both videos. They do indeed clear things up.

• @Ailerom : ah just a few more weeks and do my yearly Black Friweek sale :-)
    Woodman

• @woodman said:
    @Ailerom : ah just a few more weeks and do my yearly Black Friweek sale :-)
    Woodman

Thanks, much appreciated.