Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WoodStepper from Woodmans Immaculate Maple Syrup Studio is out.

Comments

• @woodman said:
    hi all,
    v1.2 is just released and has most of the request made here :

@djpuzzle : the Pitch is now working on longer sampling times
    @Trueyorky : Copy/Paste
    @DCJ : when running you can set a single step to be adjusted
    @palm & microtuners :

• The Just scale is now also used for the midi to VCO freq
    • Therefore you can set the Key Reference note and frequency (Advanced settings)
    • both VCO and Pitch now have a delta -100 .. +100 cents rotary

@all :

• Samples are now displayed
    • 2 more demo presets (more coming)

have fun !

Woodman

Cool beanz 🙂🙂

• @woodman @Trueyorky @djpuzzle

Cool beans indeed. 😊

Does djpuzzle have a tagline or phrase? 😉

• @woodman Thanks for listening! We truly appreciate it.

I’m trying to figure out how the adjust step works. When I select 4 from the pull down menu, the the parameters are still showing the values of each step as the sequencer goes along. Making an adjustment does adjust the selected step, but it immediately goes back to showing the values of the active step. This is pretty confusing to me, because I still don’t know what I’m adjusting and have to wait until it hits the step to see the value. It seems like it would be better if the values only reflected the selected step?

• @DCJ : ok good suggestion, will change it in v1.3
    I also appreciate all the user feedback !

Woodman

• @audiblevideo said:
    @woodman @Trueyorky @djpuzzle

Cool beans indeed. 😊

Does djpuzzle have a tagline or phrase? 😉

I LOVE that illustration.....

• @woodman the step edit now works perfectly! Thank you for being an incredible developer! Off now to leave a five star review!

• @woodman Great job. WoodStepper has fast become my Swiss-army knife app and can be used in so many useful ways.

• @DCJ @Trueyorky :
    tnx ! really appreciate this.
    spread the word :-)

Woodman

• This discussion really made me buy and try that Woodstepper - thank you all for that inspiring vibes

• Live Stream from The Sound Test Room:

• I also just wrote a getting started guide (with a chapter for guitarists :-)
    http://www.woodmansimmaculatemaplesyrupstudio.be/woodstepper/WoodStepperGettingStarted.pdf

Woodman

• @woodman said:
    I also just wrote a getting started guide (with a chapter for guitarists :-)
    http://www.woodmansimmaculatemaplesyrupstudio.be/woodstepper/WoodStepperGettingStarted.pdf

Woodman

Huzzah etc. Thank you!

• Version: 3.0 is out

Synthesizer mode :

• Each sequencer can be switched to synth mode both for VCO sources and the sample loop sources.
    • The steps can then be used to have parameter automation along the bar(s) played.
    • The VCO synth can be set to para-polyphonic mode (sending notes 2&3 to VCO’s 2&3), which allows a maximum of 12 voices.
    • The global polyphonic mode (between the 4 sequencers/synths) allows a maximum of 4 full polyphonic voices.
    • Synth mode also works when the sequencer is not running (new Advanced setting).

• New Start Sequencer mode : a midi note received in a specified range, starts the sequencer.

• Each sequencer/synth can set the range of receiving notes (allows for up to 4 split keyboard regions).
    • Samples (synth and sequencer) have new play back modes : random start, random slice, random reverse.
    • Samples now have a "1 shot" setting (avoids repeating when the number of samples < step time in sequencer mode or holding the key in synth mode).
    • Samples can now be loaded from file (.wav, .aif, .caf, etc).
    • Sample files should be in the folder "samples" in the iCloud WoodStepper folder.
    • In sequencer mode an offset can be set to select a part of the file (when the file duration is larger than the step time).
    • Presets now have a “Made By” and comment field.
  • edited December 2019

Looks like a good update one app that still confuses the hell out of me still mind need to spend some Q time with it.

• edited December 2019

@woodman I tried to load a wav file in after creating a samples folder inside WoodStepper cloud folder I see the list of samples I added but when I select one it doesn’t appear in the file window below in “File Samples Mode “ Any ideas? I tried moving start stop etc nothing showing ?

• @Jumpercollins : hmm strange, can you send (email) me one of those files ? I'll check it to see if I can open it.
    Woodman

• @woodman it says you can use as a synth without the sequencer but I haven’t figured out how to do that.

Maybe you could do another one of those informal walkthrough videos for the new features like you did the last time please? :)

• @skiphunt : yes I am planning a vid on the new features (give me a couple of days :-) but in the meanwhile :

• select Sources and in the popup select the Oscillator (1)
    • switch on the Synth button (beside the Source 1 button)
    • now you have to get midi to WoodStepper,
    • e.g. in AUM : route the Keyboard to WoodStepper in the midi routing and in WoodStepper Advanced panel switch on the "Receive midi DAW" button
    • playing the AUM built-in keyboard should give you a sound

let me know if this would not work for you.

Woodman

• edited December 2019

@woodman said:
    @skiphunt : yes I am planning a vid on the new features (give me a couple of days :-) but in the meanwhile :

• e.g. in AUM : route the Keyboard to WoodStepper in the midi routing and in WoodStepper Advanced panel switch on the "Receive midi DAW" button

Woodman

That’s what I was doing. Doesn’t produce a sound in AUM or apeMatrix

I also tried deleting and reinstalling Woodstepper. No sound as synth. Works if I’m using Woodsteppers sequencer though.

• @skiphunt said:

@woodman said:
    @skiphunt : yes I am planning a vid on the new features (give me a couple of days :-) but in the meanwhile :

Woodman

I also tried deleting and reinstalling Woodstepper. No sound as synth. Works if I’m using Woodsteppers sequencer though.

Works for me. Make sure you do the Advanced > Receive Midi > DAW step

• @gusgranite said:

@skiphunt said:

@woodman said:

Woodman

Works for me. Make sure you do the Advanced > Receive Midi > DAW step

Bingo! That’s it. Thanks 😊

• @skiphunt : ok nice ! (tnx Gus)
    I was just typing a bunch of further debugging questions but not needed anymore :-)

now select one of the synth presets ...

best rgds,

Woodman

• @woodman said:
    @skiphunt : ok nice ! (tnx Gus)
    I was just typing a bunch of further debugging questions but not needed anymore :-)

now select one of the synth presets ...

best rgds,

Woodman

lol. Sorry about that. I must’ve spent 45mins trying different settings and failing. I think the midi DAW setting is probably the only one I didn’t try. Doh!

• @skiphunt : you 'll never forget it now :-)
    I thought about making this button on by default but on the other hand I can imagine that lot's of people are using external keyboards (in which case the button has to be off except if the DAW routes those keyboards to the plugin)

have fun !

Woodman

• @woodman said:
    @skiphunt : you 'll never forget it now :-)
    I thought about making this button on by default but on the other hand I can imagine that lot's of people are using external keyboards (in which case the button has to be off except if the DAW routes those keyboards to the plugin)

have fun !

Woodman

It’s cool. Makes sense. It was late when I was trying and I think there were a few White Russians involved too ;)

• @skiphunt : didn't know what a White Russian was, but now that I do, I 'll have to try it :-)
    Woodman

• @woodman said:
    @skiphunt : didn't know what a White Russian was, but now that I do, I 'll have to try it :-)
    Woodman

Congrats on the release. Looking forward to the vid!

• @woodman Thanks for getting back is your email adddress on your website? I tried about 8 different wav files yesterday and none of them would show in the lower window maybe it’s a iCloud problem?

• @Jumpercollins : yes [email protected] is fine
    about iCloud : did (or can) you check (with the Files app) that the files are really on your device (so not showing the cloud icon) ?
    Woodman