Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro: FIRST LOOK

Comments

• @Michael said:
    Oh, did I miss some rough edges? I just can’t get the VO audio quality unless I’m close-miced, too much room noise.

You should just do a deep-fake with a kangaroo face or something next time.

• @wim said:

@Michael said:
    Oh, did I miss some rough edges? I just can’t get the VO audio quality unless I’m close-miced, too much room noise.

Lol.

• @Michael said:

@Samu said:
    Just make sure to make sure that if a session containing AUv3's is loaded in to an AUv3 instance it's properly dealt with to avoid un-expected behavior, everything from device reboot to well, total chaos and corrupted session files...

Actually when it’s running as an AUv3 it can’t host AUv3’s (that’s not allowed).

I know, that's why it's important the parse the session on load to avoid errors and other mishaps or at least warn the user that the session they are loading contains AUv3's and that they will not be loaded but still keep info about them in the session file in case the user needs to load it in stand-alone again?!

Btw. bumped into this hilarious Samplebot promo you made ages ago :sunglasses:

(Hope the phone survived...).

Cheers!

• There’s an app called FAYCE that basically lets you talk as someone else in a photo, which is pretty nuts.> @Poppadocrock said:

@wim said:

@Michael said:

Lol.

• @Michael said:

@richardyot said:
    MIDI loops as well? This could be the Ableton Live of the iOS world.

Yes, absolutely – but after initial release, I just want to get it out the door first.

out the what?

• This app looks so epic, the full customization and time line make it so deep. It looks so deep and so impressive, I don't even think Loopy Pro accurately covers its full functionality. Maybe Loopy Workstation or something… what’s higher then pro, lol. Loopy Expert, Loopy All Star, Loopy Hall of Fame, lol, I don’t know…

• @wim said:

@Michael said:

I shouldn’t be saying this in public – but I’m actually a kangaroo. I’ve been using deep fake software for years to appear human.

@Samu said:
    I know, that's why it's important the parse the session on load to avoid errors and other mishaps or at least warn the user that the session they are loading contains AUv3's and that they will not be loaded but still keep info about them in the session file in case the user needs to load it in stand-alone again?!

Ahhhh I get you now! Right, yep, good point.

Haha. Yeah those were fun.

• @NoiseFloored said:

@Michael said:

@richardyot said:
    MIDI loops as well? This could be the Ableton Live of the iOS world.

Yes, absolutely – but after initial release, I just want to get it out the door first.

out the what?

😄

• @Samu said:

@Michael said:

@Samu said:
    Just make sure to make sure that if a session containing AUv3's is loaded in to an AUv3 instance it's properly dealt with to avoid un-expected behavior, everything from device reboot to well, total chaos and corrupted session files...

Actually when it’s running as an AUv3 it can’t host AUv3’s (that’s not allowed).

Cheers!

@Michael just curious is that a rubber tipped percussion mallet?

• @Poppadocrock said:
    This app looks so epic, the full customization and time line make it so deep. It looks so deep and so impressive, I don't even think Loopy Pro accurately covers its full functionality. Maybe Loopy Workstation or something… what’s higher then pro, lol. Loopy Expert, Loopy All Star, Loopy Hall of Fame, lol, I don’t know…

Loopy Overlord, All Shall Love Me And Despair?

• Loopy - Borg Edition.

• @Poppadocrock said:

I have a four-year-old 😄

• @Michael said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    This app looks so epic, the full customization and time line make it so deep. It looks so deep and so impressive, I don't even think Loopy Pro accurately covers its full functionality. Maybe Loopy Workstation or something… what’s higher then pro, lol. Loopy Expert, Loopy All Star, Loopy Hall of Fame, lol, I don’t know…

"All Shall Loop Me and Despair...Over and Over and...."

• Wow Michael! Looks amazing!

• edited October 2021

@Michael said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Lol. We do me lord. We do…

• @Michael said:

@Poppadocrock said:

I have a four-year-old 😄

Gotcha, I’ve been looking into gettIng some random sticks, and mallets to sample whatever for my own use. Thanks.

• @Michael said:

@Liquidmantis said:
    @Michael, I can only imagine how this moment must feel. My older son just recently moved out and I imagine it's something like that. :) It seems like a lifetime ago that I was looking forward to the next Loopy Masterpiece dev diary.

Congratulations!

It’s been a long road! Not released yet though, still got a little more tweaking to do. Final push!

@ipadbeatmaking said:
    Omg 😳 This is stunning! Tell me I can use this as vocal tracking DAW for completely making a beat start to finish and a song with vocal performances @Michael

Also will there be keyboard shortcuts/trackpad mouse support?

Soon, yes! There’ll be plain audio tracks in the sequencer screen shortly after release, if not before.
    Same with keyboard and mouse stuff: not yet but soon.

Well I’ll be da**** this could be THE g*** c******

• @Michael said:
    Yep! It works both as an AUv3 host, and also (I didn’t mention this in the video) it works as an AUv3 plugin itself, so you can use it with AUM etc.

Thanks for that. To clarify further:

• can it be used as a live effect, taking input routed within AUM
    • can recording happen on a timed overdub e.g. 4 bar loop, or does it have to be manually triggered?
  • @Michael deep fake kangaroo eh. The "kicks" in your beats must be fire, and bouncy as well.

• McDMcD
    edited October 2021

@Poppadocrock asked:
    just curious is that a rubber tipped percussion mallet?

https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/q6/kmbptb70sbe2.png

They are most often used by a percussionist on the marimba where the hardness must
    be less than a piece of mahogany wood to avoid changing the instrument.

Xylophones use a very hard wood and plastic mallets are allowed and preferred to get that
    "skeleton's rib's" tone.

The vibraphone has metal bars but the standard mallets are yarn wound mallets to provide a softer attack.

@hypnopad tipped me off to some drumsticks with rubber tips for reducing the noise of pad hits or to silence drum pad work-out sessions late at night.
    Since the rubber provides the bounce you can also practice on a convenient
    flat surface and it will feel like striking a drum head.

https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/nu/b7xq171vu4wa.png

But they are also great for tapping pans, glass goblets and other household objects you don't want to damage.

• @craftycurate said:
    Thanks for that. To clarify further:

• can it be used as a live effect, taking input routed within AUM

Yep

• can recording happen on a timed overdub e.g. 4 bar loop, or does it have to be manually triggered?

However you like

• All kvetching and joking aside, congratulations, @Michael. It truly looks beautiful and inspiring to use.

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    Door - love it :smile: Looks astounding. Really into the live loops workflow at the moment so the timing could not be better.

That visual pun reminded me of the time I was staying in a cheap motel in Alabama. A customer was complaining to the desk clerk about the dough having gone wrong, and the clerk was arguing that the dough seemed right to him. I had no idea what they could possibly be talking about until I was halfway down the hall and realized that they had difficulty pronouncing terminal Rs.

• edited October 2021

@ExAsperis99 said:
    All kvetching and joking aside, congratulations, @Michael. It truly looks beautiful and inspiring to use.

Thank you!

And thanks, everyone else - I'd run this thread to many hundreds of posts if I were to thank everyone like I want to, so I'll just have to do it en masse (or get off my butt and find a suitable reactions plugin 😄)

• Looks like a masterpiece!

• @gregsmith said:

@celtic_elk said:

@gregsmith said:
    The internet could really benefit from a sarcasm emoji or something. Clearly some people really struggle with irony. Every comments section ever has this kind of exchange.

Using /s is a pretty widely-understood marker for a comment that should be read sarcastically.

Every day’s a school day 👍

And an /s day!

• edited October 2021

I’m not very familiar with live looping, but with the depth of widgets and actions, is it possible to have Loopy configured in a kind of generative / algorithmic / deterministic way? Either in the manner that it triggers and records loops, or in defining loopoints / direction / follow actions / one shot, etc.
    I would love some control over feeding say 4 sound sources into loopy, and then in a generative or deterministic patch, having the sources sampled to various cells (“randomly”) and triggered similarly.

Hope that makes sense…

• I think someone like @jakoB_haQ is going to go absolutely crazy over this when you release it.

• @aleyas said:
    I’m not very familiar with live looping, but with the depth of widgets and actions, is it possible to have Loopy configured in a kind of generative / algorithmic / deterministic way? Either in the manner that it triggers and records loops, or in defining loopoints / direction / follow actions / one shot, etc.
    I would love some control over feeding say 4 sound sources into loopy, and then in a generative or deterministic patch, having the sources sampled to various cells (“randomly”) and triggered similarly.

Hope that makes sense…

I was wondering about this as well, but more in the line of capturing a loop (possibly using the retro-record feature), using the transient detector to slice it, and then triggering the slices with Rozeta Particles or a similar random-note-trigger plugin.

• J_BJ_B
    edited October 2021

@Michael how does one register interest for the beta team?

This discussion has been closed.