Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro: FIRST LOOK

Comments

• Pardon the morbidity but this is such a triumph for iPad and music-making that you should consider continuity of it in your will

• I do wonder if LoopyPro will beat Koala Samplers fun factor and instant sampling mayhem :sunglasses:

• edited October 2021

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Simon said:
    Let me be the first (and probably the last) to say this: THIS IS A DRAMBO KILLER!!! :wink:

Ah, I feel better now....

Nonono! It’s Drambos brother! They are an Duo now!

The power 2 iPads, one with Drambo and one with Loopy Pro, hooked up to to an iConnectivity Audio 4+... its mind blowing. Loopy as a transition machine for Drambo projects is going to be amazing. I'm just as excited to use this for live sets as I am for recording material.

• @quartzite said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Simon said:
    Let me be the first (and probably the last) to say this: THIS IS A DRAMBO KILLER!!! :wink:

Ah, I feel better now....

Nonono! It’s Drambos brother! They are an Duo now!

The power 2 iPads, one with Drambo and one with Loopy Pro, hooked up to to an iConnectivity Audio 4+... its mind blowing. Loopy as a transition machine for Drambo projects is going to be amazing. I'm just as excited to use this for live sets as I am for recording material.

Seriously, I'm totally down for having a dedicated iPad running Loopy Pro on my gear desk.

• This is STAGGERING. Like, all the looping features are wonderful. Built-in parameter ramping is wonderful. Frequency splitting for effects routing is a very thoughtful addition. Wonderful.

The TouchOSC-esque control surface builder is everything though. Absolutely cannot wait.

• Looking forward to this one.

It sounds perfect for my live stuff.

• Shut the front DAW… this looks amazing @Michael! 😃

“Sorry BOSS (Roland) yeah, about that 505 looper, yeah, I’m not going to be needing that anymore, I need to cancel my order!”

Can’t wait to try it and finally be able to start doing some DØVYDAS style live looping (without spending all that money on hardware!)

• @Samu said:
    I honestly have no clue why people 'kill' apps, this as one app very seldom completely replaces another...

Per say Drambo is not a 'looper' so it will more than likely serve as a superior sound source to Loopy Pro :sunglasses:

Both Drambo & LoopyPro will compete in the 'AUv3 Host' category against the likes of AUM and ApeMatrix and for some BM3 and Cubasis etc.

I personally have a hard time seeing people use AudioBus after LoopyPro arrives...
    ...that will be an interesting challenge for @Michael to motivate why the AudioBus still has exists after LoopyPro arrives :wink:

My guess is that LoopyPro will be released before the next major Drambo update (not 100% on this) so things look very interesting indeed!

Hopefully we can use AUM, Loopy Pro and Drambo etc together, all hosting their own au’s as appropriate. This is the future of iOS music as I see it.

Only thing I can’t get my head round is how they’ll all connect to each other. Audiobus? Loopy Pro and Drambo as IAA in AUM? I think I brought this up in the old thread but can’t find the answers 🙃

• @seventyfour said:
    Wen LoopyPro + Drambo… WEN LAMBO?!

gold

• this looks absolutely incredible. thank you @Michael !

that being said, i think its pretty unfair to charge people for an app they will use. I think the user's should get paid by the DEV. where else would dev's get invaluable feedback and tips on how to make better apps.

• @shinyisshiny said:
    that being said, i think its pretty unfair to charge people for an app they will use. I think the user's should get paid by the DEV. where else would dev's get invaluable feedback and tips on how to make better apps.

...what?

• @gregsmith said:

@Samu said:
    I honestly have no clue why people 'kill' apps, this as one app very seldom completely replaces another...

Per say Drambo is not a 'looper' so it will more than likely serve as a superior sound source to Loopy Pro :sunglasses:

Both Drambo & LoopyPro will compete in the 'AUv3 Host' category against the likes of AUM and ApeMatrix and for some BM3 and Cubasis etc.

I personally have a hard time seeing people use AudioBus after LoopyPro arrives...
    ...that will be an interesting challenge for @Michael to motivate why the AudioBus still has exists after LoopyPro arrives :wink:

My guess is that LoopyPro will be released before the next major Drambo update (not 100% on this) so things look very interesting indeed!

Hopefully we can use AUM, Loopy Pro and Drambo etc together, all hosting their own au’s as appropriate. This is the future of iOS music as I see it.

Only thing I can’t get my head round is how they’ll all connect to each other. Audiobus? Loopy Pro and Drambo as IAA in AUM? I think I brought this up in the old thread but can’t find the answers 🙃

I’m already using both AUM and Drambo
    for different functions on two ipads.
    I connect both using Ableton Link so I don’t think there’s
    going to be many problems including Loopy Pro in this mix.

Basically as soon as the public beta goes live
    I’ll give it a whirl and I’ll let you know.
    How about that?

• edited October 2021

Curious if Loopy Pro would benefit of the (CPU) power of a iPad Pro M1? Especially using it with AUM and Drambo.

I'm also very interested in the MacOS version, is that included in the beta testing @Michael ?

• I said I wasn't going to buy any more iPad software. I guess I was wrong.

• @Gavinski said:
    50 bucks for something like this would be absolutely fair, no question about it. And much better that than making it a subscription.

I agree with this. Im also not for the subscription model, but if it 50 or over, a "rent to own" model is more appealing.

@michael, whats the oldest ipad you have been testing with and how did they compare to newer ipads? (dsp-wise, track count, etc)

• @celtic_elk said:

@shinyisshiny said:

...what?

The internet could really benefit from a sarcasm emoji or something. Clearly some people really struggle with irony. Every comments section ever has this kind of exchange.

• edited October 2021

@Samu said:
    I do wonder if LoopyPro will beat Koala Samplers fun factor and instant sampling mayhem :sunglasses:

It's just different, IMHO. The emphasis on the loops means you'd need to configure your one-shot pads to your liking first. But Loopy Pro is infinitely extensible with all the widgets and loops and one-shots. The thing that just will blow you away with the utility of it is how the colors work to easily group FX chains. So, say you want three of your loops/samples to be run through the same FX chain, just drag them onto each other and they are "grouped". While I have some nitpicks on a couple of the design choices, overall it's just so sophisticated and fun. It feels like a completely new iPad experience that takes all of the best ideas from Michael's previous work and injects steroids.

• @gregsmith said:
    The internet could really benefit from a sarcasm emoji or something. Clearly some people really struggle with irony. Every comments section ever has this kind of exchange.

Using /s is a pretty widely-understood marker for a comment that should be read sarcastically.

• My body (and iPad) is ready!

• @celtic_elk said:

@gregsmith said:

Using /s is a pretty widely-understood marker for a comment that should be read sarcastically.

Every day’s a school day 👍

• Holy. Shit.

This is big. Like really big.

• @celtic_elk said:

@shinyisshiny said:

...what?

Yeah - unbelievable comment - a joke maybe??

• @celtic_elk said:

@gregsmith said:

Please never read A Modest Proposal.

• Oh to the hell yea… we getting close.

• Totally customizable!

• @celtic_elk said:

@gregsmith said:

Did not know that, thanks.

• Beta must be really close
    If @Michael is going for a Black Friday drop, he’s gonna need the feedback on how well it runs on multiple devices etc
    As am sure he’ll want a bug free release

• edited October 2021

Now THIS is a job for the GREAT @Gavinski !!

• This is so amazing @Michael Good luck with the road to release!

We cannot wait for this one!

• edited October 2021

For those here who don’t know who Michael is : he is a true “avant-garde”-ist artist that has created a forever young mens’(and girls) community and a revolutionary tool named Audiobus. You can trust that what he has done here will be special!

This discussion has been closed.