Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro: FIRST LOOK

1192021222325»

Comments

• Hope it is soon,I am about to disappear into a world of no mobile reception or wifi for the next week…

• Some crazy dark ambient explorations of two short recordings of cat sounds...showing on the fky dragging of effects between busses

• @pantsofdeath said:
    Hope it is soon,I am about to disappear into a world of no mobile reception or wifi for the next week…

I’ve just come out of one of these voids on a ship feel u pain!

• any info about the price?

• Any general comments about using LP in apematrix? Forgive the overly-broad query, just looking for interesting discoveries, workflows, possibly limitations, the like. Thanks.

• @MAtrixplan said:
    any info about the price?

It’ll be $30US/€30/£26/$47AU

• edited December 2021

@MAtrixplan said:
    any info about the price?

Happy to be corrected on this, but I believe it's $29.99/£28.99/AU$46.99 (not sure about Euros) to unlock the app and get all feature updates free for a year.

After that year it's $19.99/£18.99/(not sure of other currencies) as an IAP to get all feature updates for another year.

If you don't buy the IAP after Year 1, then you will continue to get all bug fixes and still have access to the features introduced throughout the first year, but you won't get any of the new stuff in Year 2.

The present plan is for this model to carry on, so every year there's an IAP of $19.99/£18.99 to get you a further year's worth of new features. In terms of the financial model, it's very similar to how Bitwig works on PC/Mac and ensures that Michael can carry on earning from the app.

There is a 7 day free trial when you first open the app, but after that ends it's basically functionless so you will have to pony up the initial cost to keep using it... and believe me, you'll want to! The words 'game changer' are said quite often on here, but this REALLY is. It joins Drambo, AUM and Audiobus as an absolutely essential app for iOS music makers. An instant heavyweight!

• xmas comes early this year.

• edited December 2021

In the beta(GM4) it is now possible to purchase Loopy Pro, €32,99. Is this the real price @Michael ? Because first you were talking about €30,-

It's in the App Store now! €29,99 Thanks, @Michael

• We should probably have a new thread for this!

• Someone should start a new thread now that it's out of beta

• Do it!
    I'm surprised @White hasn't done it already :wink:

• edited December 2021

Hi @Michael: Somebody may have already addressed this, but the info on the App Store shows both full price and an upgrade price (presumably from Loopy HD, which I have) but the in-app purchase price shows only a full price. Have I missed something? Or is the upgrade price only for next years’ improvements?

• @Svetlovska said:
    Or is the upgrade price only for next years’ improvements?

This.
    Loopy Pro is a separate app. There's no upgrade path from Loopy HD.

• @Svetlovska said:
    Hi @Michael: Somebody may have already addressed this, but the info on the App Store shows both full price and an upgrade price (presumably from Loopy HD, which I have) but the in-app purchase price shows only a full price. Have I missed something? Or is the upgrade price only for next years’ improvements?

There's no upgrade path from Loopy HD. The in-app upgrade will be offered after a year of owning the app, to get you the next year's worth of upgrades. But if you decline, you will still have access to everything that's in the app at that exact point, plus all future bug fixes.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Some crazy dark ambient explorations of two short recordings of cat sounds...showing on the fky dragging of effects between busses

You have just got @Michael a sale. I’m not a proper musician so the kind of timing and musical chops which are required in most of the (amazing) uses of a looper I’ve seen on YouTube etc leave me firmly in the ‘audience’ category. This however has got me thinking… :)

• edited December 2021

@wim said:

@Svetlovska said:

This.

@Michael @wim @Michael_R_Grant : Aha. Fair enough. It is a whole new thing. Top end of my personal pain barrier for app purchase, so I’ll wait to see if I get any gift cards from Santa, but I get that the work involved, and what it makes possible, thank you @espiegel123 , are totally worth it.

• 💥🔥💥🔥🔊🔊🔊

• @Svetlovska said:

@wim said:

@Svetlovska said:

This.

@Michael @wim @Michael_R_Grant : Aha. Fair enough. It is a whole new thing. Top end of my personal pain barrier for app purchase, so I’ll wait to see if I get any gift cards from Santa, but I get that the work involved, and what it makes possible, thank you @espiegel123 , are totally worth it.

Meanwhile, there’s a 7-day free trial to get you started 🙂

This discussion has been closed.