Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro: FIRST LOOK

Comments

• I really need to stop reading about loopy… there will be time when it ships. Until then I should dig into something that’s here… now. Like Drambo, Cubasis, Gadget, or Staffpad.

• @McD said:
    I really need to stop reading about loopy… there will be time when it ships. Until then I should dig into something that’s here… now. Like Drambo, Cubasis, Gadget, or Staffpad.

That's really a great idea. Do you remember when Drambo took ages to release after the beta testers got it and started talking about it? Well now it is definitely not going to take that much longer.

I think it'll be worth the wait. But there are bugs that Michael is working on feverishly that have to be squashed before launch. The app crashed on me yesterday and at least on my iPad/IOS version it was easily replicable - except one time when it worked properly. The thing that must make it difficult is pinpointing exactly what is wrong since I was running an AUV3 app within it at the time - so was it something to do with that app?

Also major kudos to a few folks on the Beta team that are doing the really heavy lifting and communicating in the #slack channels. Myself I'm like a fly on the wall, periodically testing and reporting when things don't go quite as expected, either from a crash (decreasingly likely) or on the UI/workflow.

• edited December 2021

Loopy Pro is really great for slowing things way down. Maybe not PaulStretch slow, but mundane things can sound pretty cool at 1/100th speed.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Loopy Pro is really for slowing things way down. Maybe not PaulStretch slow, but mundane things can sound pretty cool at 1/100th speed.

Almost as slow as the release date.

• edited December 2021

@espiegel123 said “…add a big soupy reverb.” You’ve just described my whole genre and body of work! :) I’ll definitely be extending the Big Soupy Reverb aesthetic to Loopy Pro when it finally appears. :)

• Can loopy auto move to next record slot after foot switch record/release? So just one button/switch and loopy moves to next loop? Could it record= down. Stop record and move to next slot upon release?

• @sigma79 said:
    Can loopy auto move to next record slot after foot switch record/release? So just one button/switch and loopy moves to next loop? Could it record= down. Stop record and move to next slot upon release?

Yes. The flexibility of control programming is really impressive.

• An existing midi controller like a launchpad should be just fine for Loopy Pro? That is if one wanted to use a controller.

Do you need beta testing with controllers 😜

• @audiblevideo said:
    An existing midi controller like a launchpad should be just fine for Loopy Pro? That is if one wanted to use a controller.

Yes

• edited December 2021

Damn near 24hr almost live Audiobus forum tech support provided by @wim

Do you visit anywhere else on the internet and do you sleep man? 😜

Thanks 🙂

• wimwim
    edited December 2021

I do spend a considerable amount of time influencing foreign elections but I don’t have any major assignments at the moment.

• @wim said:
    I do spend a considerable amount of time influencing foreign elections but I don’t have any major assignments at the moment.

😂

• edited December 2021

Question for y'all about the upcoming Loopy Pro. Will it support changing the presets on its hosted AUv3 via PC messages?

Right now this is a core feature I use in my setup, where I use midi messages from hardware to change AUv3 presets in AUM. I use the same AUM project for multiple tracks so that my master sound will be consistent and I can use AUv3s for looper transitions.

Specifically, I hope Loopy Pro supports saving AUv3 presets to Loopy Pro and mapping the presets selection in Loopy Pro. Most AUv3s don't support project changing via midi internally, so its something a host needs to handle.

Edit: Maybe Loopy Pro does something else to allow you to switch Loopy Pro projects while keeping a loop going. If that was the case, it may also work for my needs.

• Hi, I hope you’re well. I have one question. Will this be accessible to totally blind users running VoiceOver on iOS? Totally blind musicians running iOS will be desperate for an app like this :-) I am available to beta test loopy pro please let me know if this is possible. Thanks for your help kind regards Trey.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Loopy Pro is really great for slowing things way down. Maybe not PaulStretch slow, but mundane things can sound pretty cool at 1/100th speed.

That’s awesome. Can the speed be modulated internally? On that note, what does automation/modulation look like in Loopy? Are there lfos, envelope followers, envelope generators, or mod sequencers?

• @aleyas said:

@espiegel123 said:

That’s awesome. Can the speed be modulated internally? On that note, what does automation/modulation look like in Loopy? Are there lfos, envelope followers, envelope generators, or mod sequencers?

The time-stretching isn’t intended for real-time modulation. Loopy Pro doesn’t have LFOs but pretty much everything is midi controllable. So, you can use midi lfo generators.

• Here‘s a short jam I made today with the standalone app.

• Hi @michael please can you tell me if loopy pro Will be accessible to totally blind users running the VoiceOver screen reader on iOS? If something like this was accessible to totally blind musicians it would be an absolute game changer!!! Also I’ve just got an iPad mini for beta testing purposes so I would love to be on the beta testing team, please let me know if this would be possible. Thank you very much for all your help I look forward to collaborating with you.

• @soundwarrior20 said:
    Hi @michael please can you tell me if loopy pro Will be accessible to totally blind users running the VoiceOver screen reader on iOS? If something like this was accessible to totally blind musicians it would be an absolute game changer!!! Also I’ve just got an iPad mini for beta testing purposes so I would love to be on the beta testing team, please let me know if this would be possible. Thank you very much for all your help I look forward to collaborating with you.

I'll pass this question along to the beta discussion. @Michael may be heads-down concentrating on development 100% now so he may not be checking in here regularly.

• @soundwarrior20 said:
    Hi @michael please can you tell me if loopy pro Will be accessible to totally blind users running the VoiceOver screen reader on iOS? If something like this was accessible to totally blind musicians it would be an absolute game changer!!! Also I’ve just got an iPad mini for beta testing purposes so I would love to be on the beta testing team, please let me know if this would be possible. Thank you very much for all your help I look forward to collaborating with you.

Post-1.0, yes – right now, no, I'm afraid not, just because it's an enormous amount of work.

• Hi @michael I know you’re crazy busy with the launch coming up, but do you have a timeline for accessibility implementation? Thanks very much for your help. > @Michael said:

@soundwarrior20 said:

Post-1.0, yes – right now, no, I'm afraid not, just because it's an enormous amount of work.

• Nothing concrete yet, it partly depends on how the launch goes

• Hi! Is LP multi-core capable? Curious if an identical set made in LP would handle resources better than in AUM? I’ve hit the limit with how far I can push the 6gb 2018 ipad pro and it would be nice to have a liittle more freedom brought back without the need to update the hardware..hopefully AUM is also made multi-core soon as well!

Thanks

• @Nux95 said:
    Hi! Is LP multi-core capable? Curious if an identical set made in LP would handle resources better than in AUM? I’ve hit the limit with how far I can push the 6gb 2018 ipad pro and it would be nice to have a liittle more freedom brought back without the need to update the hardware..hopefully AUM is also made multi-core soon as well!

Thanks

I don't know about whether there is special multi-core code, but Michael has put a ton of effort into make it run efficiently so that it will perform well even on older hardware and includes some cool optimizations to idle effects and synths that are loaded but not in actual use.

• @Michael said:
    Nothing concrete yet, it partly depends on how the launch goes

Will it be a Christmas lunch? 😋

• edited December 2021

@robosardine said:

@Michael said:
    Nothing concrete yet, it partly depends on how the launch get

It looks like it will be. Testflight version is Release Candidate 1.

• @Pierre118 said:
    @robosardine said:

@Michael said:
    Nothing concrete yet, it partly depends on how the launch get

It looks like it will be. Testflight version is Release Candidate 1.

😱

How much will it be? I‘d guess somewhere between 20 and 30€?

• yep
    pls Michael let us know
    what will be the release price ?
    thank you.

• I think it’s just safe to assume it’ be between 20-35$ if there is a launch offer? If not I’d say a solid 35$..hell I’d pay 50$ for this thing

• It’ll be $30US/€30/£26/$47AU

This discussion has been closed.