Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro is here!

edited December 2021 in Loopy Pro

Loopy Pro is a live-looper. And a sampler. And a sequencer. And a very capable AUv3 Audio Unit host. And a DAW. And an AUv3 Audio Unit.

You get the idea. Loopy Pro is deep. But it's also designed to be friendly, and a great deal of fun.

You can set up Loopy Pro to work however you do, with features like hands-free looping with count-in, count-out and automatic loop detection; or "free" looping, where you can choose on-the-fly how long to make loops. There's even retrospective recording, where you can lock in a loop after the fact.

There's extensive MIDI controller support, including built-in support for the Launchpad and the APC40 mk2, and effortless MIDI Learn for setting up your controllers.

You can also drag-and-drop audio straight onto loops in Loopy Pro, with sophisticated tempo and pitch adjustments, and use Loopy Pro as a clip launcher, with all kinds of options for song sectioning.

The built-in mixer lets you set up insert and send effects for every channel in your project, and load AUv3 Audio Unit instruments, effects, and MIDI sequencers.

And there's a built-in sequencer, for arranging songs, and even performing them live, totally automated and hands-free.

There's also a great deal still to come.

So, what are you reading this for? Go take Loopy Pro for a spin – there's a 7-day free trial just waiting for you.

https://apps.apple.com/app/loopy-pro-looper-daw-sampler/id1492670451

Have fun!

See also JP's rather brilliant tutorial:

Comments

• Please be kind, ABF, you guys are terrifying 😆😰

• edited December 2021

App description:

Loopy Pro is a live-looper. And a sampler. And a sequencer. And a very capable AUv3 Audio Unit host. And a DAW. And an AUv3 Audio Unit.

You get the idea. Loopy Pro is deep. But it's also designed to be friendly, and a great deal of fun.

You can set up Loopy Pro to work however you do, with features like hands-free looping with count-in, count-out and automatic loop detection; or "free" looping, where you can choose on-the-fly how long to make loops. There's even retrospective recording, where you can lock in a loop after the fact.

There's extensive MIDI controller support, including built-in support for the Launchpad and the APC40 mk2, and effortless MIDI Learn for setting up your controllers.

You can also drag-and-drop audio straight onto loops in Loopy Pro, with sophisticated tempo and pitch adjustments, and use Loopy Pro as a clip launcher, with all kinds of options for song sectioning.

The built-in mixer lets you set up insert and send effects for every channel in your project, and load AUv3 Audio Unit instruments, effects, and MIDI sequencers.

And there's a built-in sequencer, for arranging songs, and even performing them live, totally automated and hands-free.

There's also a great deal still to come.

So, what are you reading this for? Go take Loopy Pro for a spin – there's a 7-day free trial just waiting for you.

Have fun!

• Michael

loopypro.com

It costs $29.99/£25.99/€29.99 to unlock the app. There is a 7 day free trial.

Buying the app gets you all feature updates for a year, then there is a $19.99/£16.99/€19.99 fee to get new features for another year. If you don't buy the new IAP, then everything you had in year 1 will still be available to you, as well as future bug fixes to the app. It's basically the Bitwig financial model.

I do believe it's time for everyone to buy this actual game changer of an app! The end of a long journey! Well done, @Michael - huge congratulations on the release.

(EDIT: UK prices revised downwards, having looked at what I've actually been charged in the app.)

• Wow, what a moment and what a christmas present for all of us !
    Congratulations @Michael for the release and this incredible product :).

• Have fun, everyone. This is SUCH an amazing app, an instant fave.

• Spoiler: It's HOT af

• Thanks guys =)

• My iPad has chosen this moment to update.

• I hope everyone posts their drawing of a camel.

• Got mine! Gonna make for a fun Christmas break. Good luck and thanks for all the hard work!

• Can safely say i have never been so excited for an app release before. So pumped, thanks Michael, Greetings from Perth!

• For someone that is not interested in the loop functions, and only in the DAW part...

1. Does it let you to record the automation of AUv3 parameters?
    2. Does it includes a MIDI learn function for AUv3 parameters?
    3. Does it have sidechaining for compatible AUV3 effects?
  • Damn, four more hours at work and then I’ll get it as soon as I get home.

• Congrats! You’ve made it! 👍

• @Pynchon
    1. not yet, coming soon
    2. yup!
    3. I don't know enough about sidechaining to answer.

• @Michael
    Some notes to avoid AppStore confusions:

• compatibility: currently states 14.0 is required
    • Upgrade IAP: my understanding is that for the first year this should be inactive to avoid confusion (I may be wrong here), some may think there is an upgrade to a nonPro version from free, but my understanding is that this option does not unlock anything atm.
  • Don’t forget your loved ones during christmass guys ( by “loved ones” i don’t mean ios devises )

• Bought. Now time to learn how to use it.

• will the IAP be available for family sharing? I still share an iPad with my father where all the music apps are. Would be nice to have it on my iPhone, also.

• @mistercharlie said:
    @Pynchon
    1. not yet, coming soon
    2. yup!
    3. I don't know enough about sidechaining to answer.

I will wait until it includes the automation features to pick up this.

But I'm highly optimistic that this can become the de facto iOS DAW.

And it seems one of the most ambitious pieces of software on iOS.

Congratulations for the release!

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    @Michael

• Upgrade IAP: my understanding is that for the first year this should be inactive to avoid confusion (I may be wrong here), some may think there is an upgrade to a nonPro version from free, but my understanding is that this option does not unlock anything atm.

I can't see any way to try to buy the Upgrade IAP (for year 2). You get prompted in the app for the initial unlock cost only, pay for that, and then there is no option anywhere in the app to go further. So there's no user confusion when you're actually in the app itself. I presume this functionality will be added in a year's time.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

Buying the app gets you all feature updates for a year, then there is a $19.99/£16.99/€19.99 fee to get new features for another year.

Sorry, bit confused. Does this mean we would have to pay £17 every year thereafter , like a subscription?

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@0tolerance4silence said:
    @Michael

I can't see any way to try to buy the Upgrade IAP (for year 2). You get prompted in the app for the initial unlock cost only, pay for that, and then there is no option anywhere in the app to go further. So there's no user confusion when you're actually in the app itself. I presume this functionality will be added in a year's time.

Just mentioned, because the AppStore does present an upgrade option, if it’s clear from the app that’s cool. 👍

• @iTVbene said:
    will the IAP be available for family sharing? I still share an iPad with my father where all the music apps are. Would be nice to have it on my iPhone, also.

Yep!

• @Michael Congrats to the beautiful app.
    I‘m on iOS13 and have the Beta, why its now the released app for iOS 14.

Thanks

• @headmademusic said:
    @Michael Congrats to the beautiful app.
    I‘m on iOS13 and have the Beta, why its now the released app for iOS 14.

Thanks

It's just temporary! It was crashing on iOS 13, and I hadn't figured out why in time. I'll sort it out in the next weeks.

• @Kashi said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

Buying the app gets you all feature updates for a year, then there is a $19.99/£16.99/€19.99 fee to get new features for another year.

Sorry, bit confused. Does this mean we would have to pay £17 every year thereafter , like a subscription?

Only to unlock new features for the following year. The app remains operable and will receive compatibility related updates for free.

• @0tolerance4silence said:

@Kashi said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

Only to unlock new features for the following year. The app remains operable and will receive compatibility related updates for free.

You keep what you buy - forever. You choose whether to upgrade or not, and if not, you get bug fixes for the life of the app.

• @Kashi said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

Feature upgrades will cost extra, but the full app is paid for in full. So you keep what you purchased, but new features the following year will cost extra.