Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„ download NOW - LOGIC in the appstore

12346Ā»

Comments

• More I go into LPā€™ipad more I understand and more I think dev did a great work on it. There are a learning step for sure, but it is really easier than for Desktop.

The resizing work very well. Not it is too or perfect but It is above my limited expectations.

• First impression. If this was called anything else itā€™d be an amazing app, but itā€™s a letdown compared to desktop Logic Pro.
    For me ā€œproā€ means advanced, as in deep editing. Having a shitload of great fx, instruments and sounds makes it super accesible, but not ā€œproā€.
    Let me clear, I think itā€™s an amazing piece of software but IMO itā€™s more Garage Band than Logic.

• It seems the audio editing is extremely limited unfortunately.

• @tahiche said:
    First impression. If this was called anything else itā€™d be an amazing app, but itā€™s a letdown compared to desktop Logic Pro.
    For me ā€œproā€ means advanced, as in deep editing. Having a shitload of great fx, instruments and sounds makes it super accesible, but not ā€œproā€.
    Let me clear, I think itā€™s an amazing piece of software but IMO itā€™s more Garage Band than Logic.

I will say it not GarageBand and not Logic it is a new Daw approach evolution just beginning. At this stage I can understand that it is not what a professional (I am a hobbyist) expect as Pro daw.

Real professional used to pro Daw will surely be surprised and a bit lost first in this approach but updates after updates it should be the Daw of the future including AI.

It is better than I was expecting as it was a challenge to deal with small screen and GUI , optimisation and soā€¦.

• @tahiche said:
    First impression. If this was called anything else itā€™d be an amazing app, but itā€™s a letdown compared to desktop Logic Pro.

More Garageband than Logic?!? No way. How do you figure?

• @richardyot said:
    It seems the audio editing is extremely limited unfortunately.

Other than flex pitch and flex time markers, what features are you missing with audio editing?

• @Eclipxe said:

@richardyot said:

Other than flex pitch and flex time markers, what features are you missing with audio editing?

šŸ¤”

• @Eclipxe said:

@el_bo said:

@richardyot said:
    And ironically all the reviewers are still under embargo...

It's strange. I'd have imagine> @Eclipxe said:

Drum Kit Designer is trimmed down. Can use existing presets but no editing.

Not sure if you know. but is it possible to add user presets created on desktop LP?

Yes. Save a logic pro project on the desktop with the presets, open on iPad and then save to the iPad library.

Thatā€™s great news! Time to start converting all my Battery and Maschine expansions.

Thanks šŸ™

• @Eclipxe said:

@israelite said:

@Sam23 said:
    on ļ£æiPad Pro 12`9 looks likeā€¦

Yep. A bit unbearable: šŸ˜‚
    Well, anyway going back to NS2 :sunglasses:

That isn't what it looks like on a 12.9 iPad.

That's from 12.9"

• @israelite said:

@Eclipxe said:

@israelite said:

@Sam23 said:

That's from 12.9"

It's very simple - click that browser button on the bottom left to make the browser disappear. Now drag the top of the sculpture window up. You'll now have sculpture filling the whole screen. I think the way they have implemented all this is pretty damn good. We simply need to learn how to use it. Or just not bother and stick to what we're used to. Everyone has that choice. But for those who decide to learn logic, going through the in app tutorials, watching some YouTube vids, and flicking through the most relevant sections of the manual are a must.

• @Eclipxe said:

@richardyot said:

No crossfading, which is a big one. Without crossfades it's harder to join different audio regions without clicks and pops. With the UI as it is you can't overlap audio regions, so I don't know if crossfading can even be implemented.

No sample-accurate audio editing, you can't zoom down to the sample level as far as I can tell. This makes surgical editing much harder in Logic. In Auria for example you can remove a small click from an audio region by zooming down to the sample level and slicing out the offending samples very easily.

No snapping to events, you can only snap to grid. So if you have a vocal take that starts before the beat (which is very common) you can't snap to the start of the audio if it's off-grid.

I can work around the lack of crossfades by spreading the audio onto two tracks and using the fade-in and fade-out options in the inspector for each audio region, but it's a clunky workflow.

I was hoping for more powerful audio editing options, but hopefully they will be added in time.

• @israelite said:

@Eclipxe said:

@israelite said:

@Sam23 said:

That's from 12.9"

but it looks the same as on my ipad9, just bigger :D

• edited May 2023

@richardyot said:

@Eclipxe said:

@richardyot said:

No crossfading, which is a big one. Without crossfades it's harder to join different audio regions without clicks and pops. With the UI as it is you can't overlap audio regions, so I don't know if crossfading can even be implemented.

I'm happy to report I was wrong about crossfading - it is there, in the Fade Out options in the inspector when you have an audio region selected.

I RDFTM to find out :)

• @lasselu said:

@brambos said:

@Eclipxe said:

@mjm1138 said:

@lasselu said:

@mjm1138 said:
    Ah bummer, Rozeta plugins from @brambos will not load in a MIDI FX slot, just an instrument slot.

What does that mean in practical terms? Can they still be used to send midi to other instruments?

I haven't found a method to do that sort of MIDI routing. I suppose you could record into a MIDI region and then copy the MIDI to an instrument track, but obviously that's an inefficient workflow. I suppose the "live" method would be to route MIDI out of AUM into Logic and run the Rozeta plugins in AUM. Also not particularly smooth.

Desktop Logic doesn't really expose MIDI routing, unless you dig into the Environment editor.....which is not fun. I don't think we'll see that in Logic for iPad

Looks like I'll need to consider adding AUMI (MIDI FX) versions of Rozeta plugins now.

Please do!

Yes please! That will solve this and keep compatibility with old projects.

• Best way to do midi routing or loopback from multi-midi output sequencer like Drambo?

I tried midifire but was getting midi feedback loops.

• I wish the manual had more pictures of the actual buttons showing what to press for which function, itā€™s nice to get a well written list of capabilities, but some of us need to see what theyā€™re talking aboutā€¦ Like Auriaā€™s manual for example.

• @richardyot said:

@richardyot said:

@Eclipxe said:

@richardyot said:

I'm happy to report I was wrong about crossfading - it is there, in the Fade Out options in the inspector when you have an audio region selected.

Good to hear as I was disappointed when I read your first comment about it. But donā€™t let me ever catch you reading a manual again!

• @Cambler said:

@richardyot said:

@richardyot said:

@Eclipxe said:

@richardyot said:

Good to hear as I was disappointed when I read your first comment about it. But donā€™t let me ever catch you reading a manual again!

It's only 976 pages long šŸ¤£

• @CapnWillie said:

@NoiseHorse said:
    I wish the manual had more pictures of the actual buttons showing what to press for which function, itā€™s nice to get a well written list of capabilities, but some of us need to see what theyā€™re talking aboutā€¦ Like Auriaā€™s manual for example.

Just use the in app tutorials. Theyā€™ll literally point to the buttons on the UI and walk you through how to use them.

I agree Apple did for Logic IPad very good in app tutorials, first use them and after watch videos to learn more.

• I do think this app is the first that makes me wish for a larger iPad, it does get pretty cluttered pretty quick even on the 12.9. Easy enough to double tap the lower bar to quickly clean things up, but that doesnā€™t help if youā€™re trying to actually do a lot of editing.

• @richardyot said:

So glad to hear that. How about comping?

• @Schmotown said:

@richardyot said:

So glad to hear that. How about comping?

I haven't dived into that yet. Will report back once I have.

• @CapnWillie said:

@Tarekith said:
    I do think this app is the first that makes me wish for a larger iPad, it does get pretty cluttered pretty quick even on the 12.9. Easy enough to double tap the lower bar to quickly clean things up, but that doesnā€™t help if youā€™re trying to actually do a lot of editing.

Iā€™m for sure all over a new larger iPad after going from 12.9 to 11ā€ years ago. I think they did a great job on the UI so I donā€™t generally need more space. I just want more along with more storage and power. Only reason I havenā€™t grabbed one already is the rumored 14ā€ on the way. However, Iā€™ve got my eye out for a used 2 TB M2 on the resell market.

Logic on my iPad, Push 3 standalone on my Apple Card. Life is good.

I reckon a zoom function like in zenbeats would sort this out. I donā€™t need everything to be so big!

• @CapnWillie said:

@gregsmith said:

@CapnWillie said:

@Tarekith said:
    I do think this app is the first that makes me wish for a larger iPad, it does get pretty cluttered pretty quick even on the 12.9. Easy enough to double tap the lower bar to quickly clean things up, but that doesnā€™t help if youā€™re trying to actually do a lot of editing.

Iā€™m for sure all over a new larger iPad after going from 12.9 to 11ā€ years ago. I think they did a great job on the UI so I donā€™t generally need more space. I just want more along with more storage and power. Only reason I havenā€™t grabbed one already is the rumored 14ā€ on the way. However, Iā€™ve got my eye out for a used 2 TB M2 on the resell market.

Logic on my iPad, Push 3 standalone on my Apple Card. Life is good.

I reckon a zoom function like in zenbeats would sort this out. I donā€™t need everything to be so big!

Or that šŸ‘†

āœ…