Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

🔥🔥🔥 download NOW - LOGIC in the appstore

Comments

• @el_bo said:

@Eclipxe said:
    Yep Sculpture is 100%.

Marker tracks are there, along with Time Signature, Key Signature, and Tempo tracks. Unfortunately no arranger track and no shared regions/region aliases.

Presumably, time-sigs can be changed as with the 'REAL' Logic Pro ;)

Yes, full time signature change support.

• Is it possible to recall user presets by midi commands?

• @Eclipxe said:

@el_bo said:

@Eclipxe said:
    Yep Sculpture is 100%.

Marker tracks are there, along with Time Signature, Key Signature, and Tempo tracks. Unfortunately no arranger track and no shared regions/region aliases.

Presumably, time-sigs can be changed as with the 'REAL' Logic Pro ;)

Yes, full time signature change support.

Cheers!

• if you`re in the install loop - restart the iPad, then it works

• @richardyot said:
    And ironically all the reviewers are still under embargo...

Classic Apple.

• Haha...Shit! Logic's 'Pro' features seem to be falling away like dominoes. How bitter-sweet...

• The true Gamechangier for me :)

• @Hannes said:

The true Gamechangier for me :)

Oh shit! You can change it regardless of what was plugged in last? Different output and input?

• @YZJustDatGuy said:

@Hannes said:
    The true Gamechangier for me :)

Oh shit! You can change it regardless of what was plugged in last? Different output and input?

Exactly!

• edited May 2023

Okay, overall take - 9.5/10

It's not Garageband Pro, it's not everything in the desktop version of logic, but it's more than enough to be orders of magnitude better than any DAW ever on iOS.

Key things:

• UI is incredibly fluid and easy to get around
    • The plugin tiles are so useful - even AUv3s show controls. Love the metering. love love love them
    • Region and midi editing are quick and fluid. Best I've used in an iOS DAW
    • Very powerful region and midi controls - very deep settings for quantization, etc
    • Time sig, tempo, markers are all solid
    • All of the instruments are there and redesigned UIs (except Ultrabeat (which is now Drum Machine Designer)) and the full Sampler.
    • All of the effects are there
    • Midi fx are there, including SCRIPTER!!!!
    • AUv3s so far integrate very nicely, feel native
    • Full automation editing for Auv3s
    • Mixer is incredible
    • All of the drummers are there
    • Pattern editor is all there, very very very deep
    • Live loops all there
    • The chord strips, guitar strips, fretboard and scale locked keyboard are nice and available in any instrument
    • The browser now includes previews for everything (including instruments) - something missing from desktop logic
    • Has flex time

Things missing from the desktop so far:

• Score editor
    • Arrangement markers
    • Region aliases
    • No flex pitch
    • Alchemy full editing (though somewhat compensated by Sample Alchemy)
    • Full Multi Sampler is there for compat but no editing (the Quick Sampler mitigates with full features, slicing, time stretch, etc)
    • Settings are a bit sparse
    • No environment editor

Overall, totally worth it. For all of the "well it's not going to be 1:1 to desktop", they're mostly right - there are some things missing, but 1) they're mostly mitigated and 2) other than arrangement markers and region aliases, are things that probably wouldn't translate well to an ipad. There might be other things I'm missing and will have to try roundtrip back and forth to desktop, but yeah solid 9.5/10. Game changer.

• How’s the audio editing?. 🤞 Flex time, pitch, transients?…
    I wanna hear from you lot before trying it!.

• @tahiche said:
    How’s the audio editing?. 🤞 Flex time, pitch, transients?…
    I wanna hear from you lot before trying it!.

Flex time is there, no flex pitch from what I can see

• @Eclipxe said:
    Okay, overall take - 9.5/10

It's not Garageband Pro, it's not everything in the desktop version of logic, but it's more than enough to be orders of magnitude better than any DAW ever on iOS.

Key things:

• UI is incredibly fluid and easy to get around
    • The plugin tiles are so useful - even AUv3s show controls. Love the metering. love love love them
    • Region and midi editing are quick and fluid. Best I've used in an iOS DAW
    • Very powerful region and midi controls - very deep settings for quantization, etc
    • Time sig, tempo, markers are all solid
    • All of the instruments are there and redesigned UIs (except Ultrabeat (which is now Drum Machine Designer)) and the full Sampler.
    • All of the effects are there
    • Midi fx are there, including SCRIPTER!!!!
    • AUv3s so far integrate very nicely, feel native
    • Full automation editing for Auv3s
    • Mixer is incredible
    • All of the drummers are there
    • Pattern editor is all there, very very very deep
    • Live loops all there
    • The chord strips, guitar strips, fretboard and scale locked keyboard are nice and available in any instrument
    • The browser now includes previews for everything (including instruments) - something missing from desktop logic
    • Has flex time

Things missing from the desktop so far:

• Score editor
    • Arrangement markers
    • Region aliases
    • No flex pitch
    • Alchemy full editing (though somewhat compensated by Sample Alchemy)
    • Full Multi Sampler is there for compat but no editing (the Quick Sampler mitigates with full features, slicing, time stretch, etc)
    • Settings are a bit sparse
    • No environment editor

Overall, totally worth it. For all of the "well it's not going to be 1:1 to desktop", they're mostly right - there are some things missing, but 1) they're mostly mitigated and 2) other than arrangement markers and region aliases, are things that probably wouldn't translate well to an ipad. There might be other things I'm missing and will have to try roundtrip back and forth to desktop, but yeah solid 9.5/10. Game changer.

Thanks for that quick summary. Shame about the score editor as that was the main thing I was hoping to be there but it was mentioned in an earlier thread that it would not be so my disappointment has already passed :smile:

Is “region aliases” the ability to take a MIDI clip and alias it so that you change one and the rest change, like in NS2? If that is missing then that will be my second disappointment!

• Thanks for that quick summary. Shame about the score editor as that was the main thing I was hoping to be there but it was mentioned in an earlier thread that it would not be so my disappointment has already passed :smile:

Is “region aliases” the ability to take a MIDI clip and alias it so that you change one and the rest change, like in NS2? If that is missing then that will be my second disappointment!

Yes - region aliases is what you mention - change one and the rest change. It was one thing I was looking forward to the most (though I hardly use it in desktop - I just like knowing it exists!)

• @Eclipxe said:

Thanks for that quick summary. Shame about the score editor as that was the main thing I was hoping to be there but it was mentioned in an earlier thread that it would not be so my disappointment has already passed :smile:

Yes - region aliases is what you mention - change one and the rest change. It was one thing I was looking forward to the most (though I hardly use it in desktop - I just like knowing it exists!)

Ah, I can see that disappointing people used to the NS2 way of working. Thanks.

• Flex time is actually a bit limited - no warp markers. Just stretch and align to beats and bars

• Does it have pitch envelope for stretched audio like in Live? Can you make a feedback loop (connect send output to another channel input) in mixer?

• That's it confirmed that my iPad Pro 2nd Gen is not compatible. :'(

Guess it's time to upgrade.

• Ah bummer, Rozeta plugins from @brambos will not load in a MIDI FX slot, just an instrument slot.

• @cyberheater said:
    That's it confirmed that my iPad Pro 2nd Gen is not compatible. :'(

Have that too, and I am sure it would handle this better than my Air 3!
    It has more RAM which helps more than the slightly slower CPU.

• @tja said:

@cyberheater said:
    That's it confirmed that my iPad Pro 2nd Gen is not compatible. :'(

Have that too, and I am sure it would handle this better than my Air 3!
    It has more RAM which helps more than the slightly slower CPU.

Yeah. It's just slightly below the minimum spec. A good excuse to upgrade.

• @mjm1138 said:
    Ah bummer, Rozeta plugins from @brambos will not load in a MIDI FX slot, just an instrument slot.

Yeah, that's unfortunately because I created them before Apple made the MIDI FX standard available on iOS.

MIDI output from instruments was the only thing available at the time (and afterwards I couldn't change it anymore without corrupting people's existing projects).

• edited June 2023

-

• @Eclipxe said:
    Flex time is actually a bit limited - no warp markers. Just stretch and align to beats and bars

Cubasis and Zenebats already had that. Not very promising. I was skeptical about Logic iOS and if the audio editing is not powerful it’ll be a big miss and huge disappointment imo.

• @brambos said:

@mjm1138 said:
    Ah bummer, Rozeta plugins from @brambos will not load in a MIDI FX slot, just an instrument slot.

Yeah, that's unfortunately because I created them before Apple made the MIDI FX standard available on iOS.

MIDI output from instruments was the only thing available at the time (and afterwards I couldn't change it anymore without corrupting people's existing projects).

Thanks for the reply. Any plans for Rozeta 2? I'd happily pay for MIDI FX.

• @mjm1138 said:

That's my main area of interest, compatibility with everyone's existing library of plugins on iPadOS.

As people discover incompatibilities, please list them.

• @tahiche said:

@Eclipxe said:
    Flex time is actually a bit limited - no warp markers. Just stretch and align to beats and bars

Cubasis and Zenebats already had that. Not very promising. I was skeptical about Logic iOS and if the audio editing is not powerful it’ll be a big miss and huge disappointment imo.

Cubase -> Cubasis

Logic Pro X -> Logic Pro

It seems more stripped down than people expected ...

• No aliases? That's a very odd and significant omission especially for EDM production.

• I'm also not seeing any obvious way to route MIDI signals between tracks, if someone has discovered this functionality please share!