Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

🔥🔥🔥 download NOW - LOGIC in the appstore

Comments

• @Telstar5 said:

@monz0id said:

@gsm909 said:

@monz0id said:
    Can't see it here...is there a UK link?

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/logic-pro-for-ipad/id1615087040

Thanks - just found it!

Only 693mb for the base install, that's good...

Thanks for the link..Got it..I wonder why it’s lighter than GB at only 6.3 meg vs 1.3 gig for GB?

It actuall installed as over 600mb when I downloaded it (before adding any packs).

• @Eclipxe said:

@el_bo said:

@Eclipxe said:
    Alchemy appears to be limited in the amount of editing you can do :( But minor detail. Still a ton of controls.

So, no importing new audio and designing from scratch?

You can import audio in Sample Alchemy and design from there.

Just looking through more of the manual. The biggest seeming limit is that this doesn't offer multiple layers. So designing more complex sounds seems to be out, no?

• @mjm1138 said:

@lasselu said:

@mjm1138 said:
    Ah bummer, Rozeta plugins from @brambos will not load in a MIDI FX slot, just an instrument slot.

What does that mean in practical terms? Can they still be used to send midi to other instruments?

I haven't found a method to do that sort of MIDI routing. I suppose you could record into a MIDI region and then copy the MIDI to an instrument track, but obviously that's an inefficient workflow. I suppose the "live" method would be to route MIDI out of AUM into Logic and run the Rozeta plugins in AUM. Also not particularly smooth.

Desktop Logic doesn't really expose MIDI routing, unless you dig into the Environment editor.....which is not fun. I don't think we'll see that in Logic for iPad

• @Eclipxe said:

@mjm1138 said:

@lasselu said:

@mjm1138 said:
    Ah bummer, Rozeta plugins from @brambos will not load in a MIDI FX slot, just an instrument slot.

What does that mean in practical terms? Can they still be used to send midi to other instruments?

I haven't found a method to do that sort of MIDI routing. I suppose you could record into a MIDI region and then copy the MIDI to an instrument track, but obviously that's an inefficient workflow. I suppose the "live" method would be to route MIDI out of AUM into Logic and run the Rozeta plugins in AUM. Also not particularly smooth.

Desktop Logic doesn't really expose MIDI routing, unless you dig into the Environment editor.....which is not fun. I don't think we'll see that in Logic for iPad

Looks like I'll need to consider adding AUMI (MIDI FX) versions of Rozeta plugins now.

• @brambos said:

@Eclipxe said:

@mjm1138 said:

@lasselu said:

@mjm1138 said:

Looks like I'll need to consider adding AUMI (MIDI FX) versions of Rozeta plugins now.

Please do!

• @mjm1138 said:

@lasselu said:

@mjm1138 said:

Ok, so no Logic Pro for me then...

• @brambos said:

@Eclipxe said:

@mjm1138 said:

@lasselu said:

@mjm1138 said:

Yes, please.

• @lasselu said:

@mjm1138 said:

@lasselu said:

@mjm1138 said:

Ok, so no Logic Pro for me then...

Fearing the same, so there is also no way to recall user presets of FX by PC/CC? Only particular Synth's that respond to PC?

• edited May 2023

No export to MIDI 😭😭😭😭

I won't be able to use it... 😢

was really hoping it'd have let you export tracks and automation to MIDI considering it's a paid subscription as opposed to GarageBand which requires to buy Logic on Mac to continue working on desktop...

(for context, I have a windows pc)

• @Eclipxe said:
    Okay, overall take - 9.5/10

It's not Garageband Pro, it's not everything in the desktop version of logic, but it's more than enough to be orders of magnitude better than any DAW ever on iOS.

Key things:

• UI is incredibly fluid and easy to get around
    • The plugin tiles are so useful - even AUv3s show controls. Love the metering. love love love them
    • Region and midi editing are quick and fluid. Best I've used in an iOS DAW
    • Very powerful region and midi controls - very deep settings for quantization, etc
    • Time sig, tempo, markers are all solid
    • All of the instruments are there and redesigned UIs (except Ultrabeat (which is now Drum Machine Designer)) and the full Sampler.
    • All of the effects are there
    • Midi fx are there, including SCRIPTER!!!!
    • AUv3s so far integrate very nicely, feel native
    • Full automation editing for Auv3s
    • Mixer is incredible
    • All of the drummers are there
    • Pattern editor is all there, very very very deep
    • Live loops all there
    • The chord strips, guitar strips, fretboard and scale locked keyboard are nice and available in any instrument
    • The browser now includes previews for everything (including instruments) - something missing from desktop logic
    • Has flex time

Things missing from the desktop so far:

• Score editor
    • Arrangement markers
    • Region aliases
    • No flex pitch
    • Alchemy full editing (though somewhat compensated by Sample Alchemy)
    • Full Multi Sampler is there for compat but no editing (the Quick Sampler mitigates with full features, slicing, time stretch, etc)
    • Settings are a bit sparse
    • No environment editor

Overall, totally worth it. For all of the "well it's not going to be 1:1 to desktop", they're mostly right - there are some things missing, but 1) they're mostly mitigated and 2) other than arrangement markers and region aliases, are things that probably wouldn't translate well to an ipad. There might be other things I'm missing and will have to try roundtrip back and forth to desktop, but yeah solid 9.5/10. Game changer.

Although I’m a bit disappointed with the absence of UltraBeat, full Alchemy and limited wave editing, overall it’s a fantastic Logic Pro for iPad Apple is delivering…

Happy to discover that Take Folders is on the iPad version!
    It will be a late go to bed evening…

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Eclipxe said:
    Okay, overall take - 9.5/10

It's not Garageband Pro, it's not everything in the desktop version of logic, but it's more than enough to be orders of magnitude better than any DAW ever on iOS.

Key things:

• UI is incredibly fluid and easy to get around
    • The plugin tiles are so useful - even AUv3s show controls. Love the metering. love love love them
    • Region and midi editing are quick and fluid. Best I've used in an iOS DAW
    • Very powerful region and midi controls - very deep settings for quantization, etc
    • Time sig, tempo, markers are all solid
    • All of the instruments are there and redesigned UIs (except Ultrabeat (which is now Drum Machine Designer)) and the full Sampler.
    • All of the effects are there
    • Midi fx are there, including SCRIPTER!!!!
    • AUv3s so far integrate very nicely, feel native
    • Full automation editing for Auv3s
    • Mixer is incredible
    • All of the drummers are there
    • Pattern editor is all there, very very very deep
    • Live loops all there
    • The chord strips, guitar strips, fretboard and scale locked keyboard are nice and available in any instrument
    • The browser now includes previews for everything (including instruments) - something missing from desktop logic
    • Has flex time

Things missing from the desktop so far:

• Score editor
    • Arrangement markers
    • Region aliases
    • No flex pitch
    • Alchemy full editing (though somewhat compensated by Sample Alchemy)
    • Full Multi Sampler is there for compat but no editing (the Quick Sampler mitigates with full features, slicing, time stretch, etc)
    • Settings are a bit sparse
    • No environment editor

Overall, totally worth it. For all of the "well it's not going to be 1:1 to desktop", they're mostly right - there are some things missing, but 1) they're mostly mitigated and 2) other than arrangement markers and region aliases, are things that probably wouldn't translate well to an ipad. There might be other things I'm missing and will have to try roundtrip back and forth to desktop, but yeah solid 9.5/10. Game changer.

Although I’m a bit disappointed with the absence of UltraBeat, full Alchemy and limited wave editing, overall it’s a fantastic Logic Pro for iPad Apple is delivering…

Happy to discover that Take Folders is on the iPad version!
    It will be a late go to bed evening…

What I'm seeing so far is an extraordinary leap forward for music production on iPad. Very happy with these initial experiences.

• Judging by some of the comments here it looks like I'll have to pass on Logic for iPad.

That's saved me the 5-10 mins I'd have needed to completely check it out, realise it's a load of old tosh and can't even do things the way I want it to work...

On the plus side, not having to check it out myself has saved me the potential anger if I was to find out that the old Fostex MMC mode has gone. If I can't control my Fostex R8 reel to reel with it, then. what. is. the. point.

Bastards.

• Drum Kit Designer is trimmed down. Can use existing presets but no editing.

Drum Synths are in.

• @vdk_john said:
    No export to MIDI 😭😭😭😭

was really hoping it'd have let you export tracks and automation to MIDI considering it's a paid subscription as opposed to GarageBand which requires to buy Logic on Mac to continue working on desktop...

If that’s true (MIDI export) then it’s a small scandal!
    Any workarounds?

• @NeuM said:

@israelite said:
    First impressions - even 12.9" screen seems to be a bit too small for this app

15" iPad Pro incoming?

Haha. Would sell like fresh cookies

• @israelite said:

@NeuM said:

@israelite said:
    First impressions - even 12.9" screen seems to be a bit too small for this app

15" iPad Pro incoming?

Haha. Would sell like fresh cookies

I'd be first in line for that (the iPad Pro, not the fresh cookies :) ).

• @Sam23 said:
    on iPad Pro 12`9 looks like…

Yep. A bit unbearable: 😂
    Well, anyway going back to NS2 :sunglasses:

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@vdk_john said:
    No export to MIDI 😭😭😭😭

Any workarounds?

Will spend the rest of the evening trying to find some workarounds, but the official documentation seems clear

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/logicpro-ipad/lpip8619872a/ipados

• edited May 2023

@vdk_john said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@vdk_john said:
    No export to MIDI 😭😭😭😭

Any workarounds?

Will spend the rest of the evening trying to find some workarounds, but the official documentation seems clear

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/logicpro-ipad/lpip8619872a/ipados

Has anyone tried grabbing the MIDI track data, copying it and then pasting to a folder in the Files app? That's what I'd try. You used to be able to select a MIDI track and then drag it to the desktop on an older version of GarageBand for Mac.

• Anyone tried installing Logic without GarageBand? I don’t see me needing them both...

• @dokwok2 said:
    Anyone tried installing Logic without GarageBand? I don’t see me needing them both...

You don't need to have both installed.

• edited May 2023

Cant find Logic Pro into US store
    This is illogic...

• @NeuM said:

@dokwok2 said:
    Anyone tried installing Logic without GarageBand? I don’t see me needing them both...

You don't need to have both installed.

I have a doubt if they don’t share something in order to save space needed ? The whole is only 15 GB versus 85 on Desktop

• @recycle said:
    Cant find Logic Pro into US store
    This is illogic...

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/logic-pro-for-ipad/id1615087040

• @vdk_john said:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/logicpro-ipad/lpip8619872a/

Bit surprised by no midi export, even my basic Amiga editor back in 1989 had that feature. I was hoping for a quick way to push lead sections to a voice synth on cakewalk pc. Oh well, I’ll give it a months trial.

• @richardyot said:
    And ironically all the reviewers are still under embargo...

It's strange. I'd have imagine> @Eclipxe said:

Drum Kit Designer is trimmed down. Can use existing presets but no editing.

Not sure if you know. but is it possible to add user presets created on desktop LP?

• Little short showing Sculpture in action:

https://youtube.com/shorts/3J0GGOP5s-s?feature=share

Nice to see the total and utter redesign of instruments like Sculpture. Gone is the dated interface, instead we have a modern interface, great for touchscreen.

• @Gavinski said:
    Little short showing Sculpture in action:

https://youtube.com/shorts/3J0GGOP5s-s?feature=share

Nice to see the total and utter redesign of instruments like Sculpture. Gone is the dated interface, instead we have a modern interface, great for touchscreen.

Yeah! In some cases the new design seems to be advantageous

• @el_bo said:

@richardyot said:
    And ironically all the reviewers are still under embargo...

It's strange. I'd have imagine> @Eclipxe said:

Drum Kit Designer is trimmed down. Can use existing presets but no editing.

Not sure if you know. but is it possible to add user presets created on desktop LP?

Yes. Save a logic pro project on the desktop with the presets, open on iPad and then save to the iPad library.

• @israelite said:

@Sam23 said:
    on iPad Pro 12`9 looks like…

Yep. A bit unbearable: 😂
    Well, anyway going back to NS2 :sunglasses:

That isn't what it looks like on a 12.9 iPad.