Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SAND - Sequencer and AUv3 Host by Matteo Caldari - Released

Comments

• @cyberheater said:
    Still no quantize when recording?

that feature needs some more vote-ups in the road map. you already did?

• @nuno_agogo said:

@cyberheater said:

that feature needs some more vote-ups in the road map. you already did?

Shame it’s not. It’s a must have feature.

• @cyberheater said:

This is the next “must have” feature for me. Would make it damn near perfect for what it is. Hopefully it’ll get more votes on the roadmap.

• @Gdub said:
    @FordTimeLord
    Thanks for the reply
    Looks like I’m off to the App Store then
    Last question
    Does it have a song mode, can you chain the clips ??
    Sorry for the questions

You can copy/paste to chain the clips, but no song mode. It’s coming in the next update though I believe! According to the roadmap anyway.

• Patterns Per track only 12?

• Ok ok I hear you ;) I’ll start working soon on quantized recording. I agree it’s very important.

• @Sergiu said:
    Patterns Per track only 12?

For now yes. I’ll make it possible to add clips.

• @SAND said:
    Ok ok I hear you ;) I’ll start working soon on quantized recording. I agree it’s very important.

Thank you so much.

• @SAND said:
    Ok ok I hear you ;) I’ll start working soon on quantized recording. I agree it’s very important.

oh wow! so any chance for quantization strength, too? :) don't know how difficult it would be to implement.

• Well I purchased this yesterday
    The reason I got this is because I like the idea of just choosing a synth and then drawing in the midi or importing in midi
    In one small app, rather than using a synth then atom etc
    So thumbs up
    It works well
    And seems to save everything as stated
    I think it was worth the money and look forward to updates

• @SAND said:

Thank you! 🙏 amazing app you’ve made.

• @Gdub said:
    Well I purchased this yesterday
    The reason I got this is because I like the idea of just choosing a synth and then drawing in the midi or importing in midi
    In one small app, rather than using a synth then atom etc
    So thumbs up
    It works well
    And seems to save everything as stated
    I think it was worth the money and look forward to updates

Agreed. If even half the things on the roadmap are implemented this will become a serious music making machine. It’s already great, though.

• edited April 2023

Edit: user error

• I was looking at the videos for the MIDI learning and mapping and it seems you can control all possible parameters available that you would in dRambo but the difference is you have the select it from a pull down menu and set it?

Can you also set the type of control like you can in drambo (e.g. incremental jog, continuous etc)?

• edited June 2023

I just downloaded this - what a cool app! It’s like what I had hoped Ableton Note would be.

• Looping forward for upcoming updates!

• @Sergiu said:
    Looping forward for upcoming updates!

Yep lots of cool stuff on the roadmap

• edited June 2023

Hi @SAND

Does Sand import MIDI controller data from MIDI files? I imported a MIDI file that has sustain data but it didn’t show up inside Sand when I opened the file.

Does Sand import other MIDI data? Perhaps it just ignores sustain data-?

By the way, I said this earlier but I wanted to tell you personally: What a cool app! It’s like what I had hoped Ableton Note would be.

• Does Sand import MIDI controller data from MIDI files? I imported a MIDI file that has sustain data but it didn’t show up inside Sand when I opened the file.

Hi @LeftyChris , MIDI controller data from MIDI files is imported and played back with the clip, only it is not visible at the moment. It will be visible and editable along with plugin parameters when automation is implemented.

So sustain data should be there, in case it's not working can you send me ( [email protected] ) the MIDI file you're having problems with?

By the way, I said this earlier but I wanted to tell you personally: What a cool app! It’s like what I had hoped Ableton Note would be.

Thank you so much!!

Matteo

• @SAND just bought it yesterday and enjoyed the simplicity of it!

Would it be possible in the piano roll to zoom out even more vertically, even if notes become small lines? For piano parts spanning over several octaves,I can't get the full view of all of them, making moving say a chord difficult. Thank you!

• @jsmonzani said:
    @SAND just bought it yesterday and enjoyed the simplicity of it!

thank you!

Would it be possible in the piano roll to zoom out even more vertically, even if notes become small lines? For piano parts spanning over several octaves,I can't get the full view of all of them, making moving say a chord difficult. Thank you!

👍 noted for the next update

• @SAND my go to for aggregate midi clip arranging <3

• Can you set MIDI parameters with MIDI learn to a Controller knob/fader and record the played automation?

• @SAND said:

@jsmonzani said:
    @SAND just bought it yesterday and enjoyed the simplicity of it!

thank you!

👍 noted for the next update

And/or the ability to limit the piano roll view to "active" note lanes. A really lovely feature of Gadget.

• edited June 2023

@SAND said:

Does Sand import MIDI controller data from MIDI files? I imported a MIDI file that has sustain data but it didn’t show up inside Sand when I opened the file.

Hi @LeftyChris , MIDI controller data from MIDI files is imported and played back with the clip, only it is not visible at the moment. It will be visible and editable along with plugin parameters when automation is implemented.

So sustain data should be there, in case it's not working can you send me ( [email protected] ) the MIDI file you're having problems with?

Thank you so much!!

Matteo

Thanks, I just emailed the MIDI file to you.

• edited June 2023

@SAND I was wondering if there's a way to simultaneously control two parameters from two different plugins at the same time. I don't think that external MIDI mapping of AUv3 parameters with MIDI learn is supported yet, isn't it? I was thinking of using a virtual controler (or a physical one) to control the filter cutoff in two plugins. Thank you!

• Updated with Ableton export…it moves the right way

• @cuscolima said:
    Updated with Ableton export…it moves the right way

The new update also fixed the problem with importing MIDI controller data when you import a MIDI file. It now imports correctly.

• edited July 2023

Crash fest!

Edit: Tried to find the crash logs to send to developer but can't see that there are any, which are strange. Three crashes within minutes and no logs(!?)

Moving on!

• Quantise record is great. Thank you.