Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pianoteq 8 released

Comments

• @cyberheater said:
    So is this in the App Store?

Not as of yet. Modartt is basically confirming iPhone support upon launch on iOS

• @ninobeatz said:

@cyberheater said:
    So is this in the App Store?

Not as of yet. Modartt is basically confirming iPhone support upon launch on iOS

Thanks.

• Lol, I’m buying a Kawai Novus 10s for a lot of dough and I can’t wait to try Pianoteq in lieu of their vaunted Kawai Shigeru Grand samples. In truth I’m buying it for the real Millenium3 grand action. I’ll still be playing 90% on iOS pianos.

It’s pretty cool looking…

• @LinearLineman said:
    Lol, I’m buying a Kawai Novus 10s for a lot of dough and I can’t wait to try Pianoteq in lieu of their vaunted Kawai Shigeru Grand samples. In truth I’m buying it for the real Millenium3 grand action. I’ll still be playing 90% on iOS pianos.

Nice. And Bluetooth midi too! You get that action while controller any kind of iOS synth or sound.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Lol, I’m buying a Kawai Novus 10s for a lot of dough and I can’t wait to try Pianoteq in lieu of their vaunted Kawai Shigeru Grand samples. In truth I’m buying it for the real Millenium3 grand action. I’ll still be playing 90% on iOS pianos.

Oh wow, I want one. Not sure I can afford one but will see. Lucky you! Good choice.

• edited April 2023

@LinearLineman said:

It’s pretty cool looking…![

WOW! I heard great things about this machine!! and I agree, I would also just hook up my PC to it and use the piano sources i have rather than the inbuilt sound engine.

• FINALLY, YEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Please note: all instruments will run in demo mode (a few keys are disabled) until you purchase a Pianoteq STAGE license (unlocks two instruments), or link it to an existing user account (with a valid Pianoteq license) on our website.

Yes!!! Same license!

• The prices. Lmao.
    Bet people couldn’t tell it apart in a truly blind test with 20 other pianos.

• So for new users what’s the best deal here? Pick and choose cafeteria style or buy a stage license?

• I suppose that for the price you unlock only the Piano and you got to buy other IAP got electric piano, classic guitar and so on.

@OnfraySin what is the price on iOS to unlock and what is the price for each IAP ? I don’t want to download even free without a clear pricing view.

• Are the purchasable instruments presets that one could conceivably replicate with tweaks to the engine or are they truly separate things?

• Paging the hype machine. Time for some answers!

• edited May 2023

Sounds fantastic so far. Brilliant that you can demo everything. Iike that a lot. Completionists and those with lack of self control will likely spend a small fortune on this.

• Same pricing as desktop, same license.

As a player, this is a dream.

• edited May 2023

@mjcouche said:
    So for new users what’s the best deal here? Pick and choose cafeteria style or buy a stage license?

I might be wrong, but from what I can see, the entry fee is $139 if you have no other licenses.

Yeah, if you try to “purchase” any of the $49 packs, it informs you that you must have a minimum of “Stage, Standard, or Pro”

To “upgrade” to Standard, you must first purchase Stage, then you pay another $129. Then for “Pro”, you pay another $129.

So that’s what, $397 to go “Pro”?

• Sounds great but way out of my price range. Fantastic bonus for those who already have a desktop license though.

• heshes
    edited May 2023

@Edward_Alexander said:

@mjcouche said:
    So for new users what’s the best deal here? Pick and choose cafeteria style or buy a stage license?

I might be wrong, but from what I can see, the entry fee is $139 if you have no other licenses.

Yes, $139 is the price they've had for the desktop version, which includes two piano packs and a license that allows you to install on MacOS, Windows, and/or Linux, on up to three machines of any combination. Then you can purchase add-on packs if you want.

It appears they've priced it as I was hoping they would: the iOS license is just added as another OS supported by the standard Pianoteq purchase.

What this would mean is:
    1. If you purchase the iOS version you get the same license as if you purchase a desktop version, can install Pianoteq on your desktop machines, too.
    2. If you already have purchased desktop version of Pianoteq, then you can download iOS version, put in your existing desktop license number, and, presto, you get the iOS version for free.

The seeming downside of this licensing model is for people who either have no desktop machine, or people who have no desire to use Pianoteq on their desktop machine. $139 just to use Pianoteq on iOS is expensive, not really competitive with other Piano VST's, even if Pianoteq is better.

• brilliant that they allow the desktop licence to be used on ios.

• edited May 2023

Is the license perpetual? What happens when Pianoteq 9 comes out? Do I still get to use Pianoteq 8?

Thanks @Edward_Alexander

• @mjcouche said:
    Is the license perpetual? What happens when Pianoteq 9 comes out? Do I still get to use Pianoteq 8?

Thanks @Edward_Alexander

on the desktop that's how it worked. you still have licence for the older version. not sure how Apple store keeps legacy versions active? good question.

• heshes
    edited May 2023

I'm happy to report that, yes, licensing of iOS version of Pianoteq is integrated with licensing for the desktop version. If you purchase one, you're purchasing the other, iOS is just another OS that you can install Pianoteq on.

I went through process of downloading from app store, opening Pianoteq, inputting my desktop license number, and getting automatic update to make my iOS version identical to versions I have on desktop. Smooth process.

This purchase model will disappoint iOS users who don't use desktop, but it's exactly what I was hoping for. Consistent with the way Modarrt has done their licensing for years. For current desktop users, iOS is just thrown in as an added freebie.

The license that you get is a perpetual license. That is, you can use Pianoteq 8 even if you decide not to purchase upgrades to their (usually yearly) new versions. I believe annual update price has been $39. I have both Pianoteq 8 and Pianoteq 7 running on my main Macbook; I know many people keep older versions running alongside newer ones.

Pianoteq in AUM, pretty cool!

• edited May 2023

@hes said:
    I'm happy to report that, yes, licensing of iOS version of Pianoteq is integrated with licensing for the desktop version. If you purchase one, you're purchasing the other, iOS is just another OS that you can install Pianoteq on.

I went through process of downloading from app store, opening Pianoteq, inputting my desktop license number, and getting automatic update to make my iOS version identical to versions I have on desktop. Smooth process.

This purchase model will disappoint iOS users who don't use desktop, but it's exactly what I was hoping for. Consistent with the way Modarrt has done their licensing for years.

The license that you get is a perpetual license. That is, you can use Pianoteq 8 even if you decide not to purchase upgrades to their (usually yearly) new versions. I believe annual update price has been $39. I have both Pianoteq 8 and Pianoteq 7 running on my main Macbook; I know many people keep older versions running alongside newer ones.

still there is the issue of how apple store keeps legacy versions avaiable to the customers. is it indefinite?

• @hes said:
    1. If you purchase the iOS version you get the same license as if you purchase a desktop version, can install Pianoteq on your desktop machines, too.

How does this work? Do they provide a license number in the iOS app that you can then use in the desktop version?

• heshes
    edited May 2023

@Danny_Mammy said:

@hes said:

This purchase model will disappoint iOS users who don't use desktop, but it's exactly what I was hoping for. Consistent with the way Modarrt has done their licensing for years.

still there is the issue of how apple store keeps legacy versions avaiable to the customers. is it indefinite?

I expect it will work same way as Cubasis 2 is available at same time as Cubasis 3. With Pianoteq the downloads on iOS from App Store are free, so no issue with leaving them all up. Then just activate with your desktop license number and you're good to go. Maybe not same as Cubasis 2 and Cubasis 3. But I trust Modarrt has thought through this issue, they're not going to have people losing their iOS versions after just a year; Modarrt desktop licensing is probably best thought-through license I've seen; excellent company.

• @hes said:

@Danny_Mammy said:

@hes said:

I expect it will work same way as Cubasis 2 is available at same time as Cubasis 3. With Pianoteq the downloads on iOS from App Store are free, so no issue with leaving them all up. Then just activate with your desktop license number and you're good to go. Maybe not same as Cubasis 2 and Cubasis 3. But I trust Modarrt has thought through this issue, they're not going to have people losing their iOS versions after just a year; Modarrt desktop licensing is probably best thought-through license I've seen; excellent company.

yep, lets hope they thought of that one. if free i assume its ok to stay indefinite on apple store but.... its a good question.

• @Grandbear said:

@hes said:

How does this work? Do they provide a license number in the iOS app that you can then use in the desktop version?

I skipped that process because I already had desktop license. I think it was directing you to their website to make the purchase, after which you get your license number. Same license number that you then use for both desktop and iOS.

• @hes said:

@Grandbear said:

@hes said:

I skipped that process because I already had desktop license. I think it was directing you to their website to make the purchase, after which you get your license number. Same license number that you then use for both desktop and iOS.

Aah, interesting, that seems to run counter to what I thought Apple allowed, but it's great that they managed to get it working