Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pianoteq 8 released

Comments

• jason If Pianoteq comes to iOS with all options like on Desktop, I don't think that there's any competition.
    And agreed, I appreciate a lot that we're going to have more choices :)

• I'm waiting for Pianoteq iOS. I hope it's soon.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Neo8 said:
    Try Genuine Sounds Volume 1 for iPad. It combines modeling with some sampling to let you play the piano’s. I also own Pure Piano, Pure Upright, Ravenscroft 275 and so on. These are all really great. Imho, Genuine Sounds volume 1 is (for now) the best sounding piano you can find in the App Store. It’s made by GSi. PianoTEQ 8 will be an instant buy for me. It will release as early as this month (March 2023), maybe next month, probabilities are high for a March release. It works fine with A12 and up. It is the same quality as the desktop version and also can be used alongside PianoTEQ 8 on your desktop/laptop. As far as I know, it’s AUv3, not AUv2 like Mac. So the price is relative high. But that’s something I am already used to when it comes to anything music making and production related apps for my iPad Pro.

Source? Why do you have theses informations?

I’ve got this information from an insider.

• edited March 2023

• edited March 2023

@ szczyp said:

Something seems to have gone awry with these Pianoteq settings

• edited March 2023

I can confirm Pianoteq is coming to iOS. My information is directly from Modartt. Currently being tested on iPad Mini 6 and release is within the next month give or take. They’ve stated iOS testing is going great so it won’t be long

• jason said:
    @el_bo :

It was the factory preset of the Pianoteq for the Steinway Model D (classical). Out of that box !

Anyone actually can prove this by downloading the Pianoteq version 8 Demo.
    I can even deliver the original MiDI file.

And the MIDi file was performed by a real Pianist, recorded in realtime with Yamaha Disklavier technology on a REAL Grand Piano. which is acclaimed professional method for capturing piano performances and competitions.

All your heavily tweaked and processed stuff above you may put into the trash this way.

PS: Go to their website and take a listen there too.
    (And If I was you, I would not even have selected some of these examples above for certain reasons. ^^)

Simon distinctly mentions he's playing out-of-the-box, with only a slight change in the velocity-mapping to match his particular controller. Given both of the other performances sound similar to that of Simon's, I've no reason to believe they’ve gone in and “heavily tweaked and processed stuff”. Did they share tweaks with each other, perhaps?

I enjoy both Simon and Sam's content, and selected both of their videos for that reason. I also like and subscibe to Reuben's HIFIMIDI channel. He also has a walkthrough, but I didn't think it was apt as he didn’t lean into a classical style demo. Whatever other reasons why your software is apparently superior are an aside. I'm merely demonstrating that the sound in your comparison video is neither true to other demos, nor is it true to any grand piano I've ever heard.

• jason said:
    All your heavily tweaked and processed stuff above you may put into the trash this way.

Comments like this are why I am waiting for Pianoteq instead of buying the JAX stuff now.

• jason said:

@el_bo said:

jason said:
    @el_bo :

It was the factory preset of the Pianoteq for the Steinway Model D (classical). Out of that box !

And the MIDi file was performed by a real Pianist, recorded in realtime with Yamaha Disklavier technology on a REAL Grand Piano. which is acclaimed professional method for capturing piano performances and competitions.

(And If I was you, I would not even have selected some of these examples above for certain reasons. ^^)

Simon distinctly mentions he's playing out-of-the-box, with only a slight change in the velocity-mapping to match his particular controller. Given both of the other performances sound similar to that of Simon's, I've no reason to believe they’ve gone in and “heavily tweaked and processed stuff”. Did they share tweaks with each other, perhaps?

I enjoy both Simon and Sam's content, and selected both of their videos for that reason. I also like and subscibe to Reuben's HIFIMIDI channel. He also has a walkthrough, but I didn't think it was apt as he didn’t lean into a classical style demo. Whatever other reasons why your software is apparently superior are an aside. I'm merely demonstrating that the sound in your comparison video is neither true to other demos, nor is it true to any grand piano I've ever heard.

You did understand nothing obviously.

Because the POINT HERE is actually, that this is a REAL MIDI recording on a REAL Grand Piano, performed with natural velocity of a REAL pianist. So it should actually sound like the acclaimed Steinway D out of the box.

We even reduced the JAX expression to match this drastic difference at least approximately.

I meant the sound of the P8 was not true to the other demos, nor to any grand piano I've ever heard. In your demo, unlike all the other demos I've heard, it's completely missing the loudest dynamics (I assume that's exactly what you're trying to demonstrate). So something is not right, here.

• edited March 2023

jason said:

@el_bo said:

jason said:

@el_bo said:

jason said:
    @el_bo :

You did understand nothing obviously.

Because the POINT HERE is actually, that this is a REAL MIDI recording on a REAL Grand Piano, performed with natural velocity of a REAL pianist. So it should actually sound like the acclaimed Steinway D out of the box.

We even reduced the JAX expression to match this drastic difference at least approximately.

I meant the sound of the P8 was not true to the other demos, nor to any grand piano I've ever heard. In your demo, unlike all the other demos I've heard, it's completely missing the loudest dynamics (I assume that's exactly what you're trying to demonstrate). So something is not right, here.

No. It just does not play correctly as a real Pianist would expect from an ”authorized” Stainway D.

Are you suggesting that P8 has a problem interpreting high velocities from MIDI files?

• edited March 2023

• jason said:
    left this discussion

How many times can a real men leaving a thread??

• jason said:
    left this discussion.

How many times do you need to leave a discussion?

• @TimRussell said:

If his handle shows up in your reply he gets a notification. He’s got skin in this game of IOS Piano apps and very
    Fixed opinions on piano audio quality.

• @TimRussell said:

About 20 apparently.

• @michael_m said:

@TimRussell said:

About 20 apparently.

😂

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@michael_m said:

@TimRussell said:

About 20 apparently.

😂

I leave about 20 threads per hour. Goodbye.

• What will be the price? 100$?

• edited March 2023

Edit

• edited March 2023

@orand said:

@espiegel123 said:
    I must be one of the few that finds pianoteq impressive programming feat but disappointing as an actual piano. I haven’t yet heard a pianoteq demo where I thought it sounded as good as a high-quality sample-based instrument in a setting where the piano is by itself.

I agree. There are many of us who actively dislike the sound, particularly in the upper registers. They said, I was surprised to try it the demo recently and found myself enjoying playing it for hours. How can that be?? I still dislike the sound, yet I find it inspiring to play! I still haven't fully reconciled that conundrum, but it seems true for me.

this is why i use pianoteq everyday, it feels inspiring to play which is hard to display in a sound demo. also, the wonderful thing about pianoteq is the tuning, you can use any tuning with pianoteq without worry of samples sounding degraded/ artifacts.

infact mordartt should add full MPE. It would go well with the Osmose.

• @orand said:

@espiegel123 said:
    I must be one of the few that finds pianoteq impressive programming feat but disappointing as an actual piano. I haven’t yet heard a pianoteq demo where I thought it sounded as good as a high-quality sample-based instrument in a setting where the piano is by itself.

I agree. There are many of us who actively dislike the sound, particularly in the upper registers. They said, I was surprised to try it the demo recently and found myself enjoying playing it for hours. How can that be?? I still dislike the sound, yet I find it inspiring to play! I still haven't fully reconciled that conundrum, but it seems true for me.

Always was the case when I tried it. Felt great while playing but sounded like redacted when I listened back.

Quite the mystery. It might be that it has better than average latency — so the fingers feel more connected while playing.

• Just skimmed this thread. I played piano for a living for over thirty years, and I find pianoteq the most playable software piano I've ever used. If it comes to ios, I can gig with an 88-note controller and... my phone. Amazing.

• What will be the price? 100$? > @ninobeatz said:

I can confirm Pianoteq is coming to iOS. My information is directly from Modartt. Currently being tested on iPad Mini 6 and release is within the next month give or take. They’ve stated iOS testing is going great so it won’t be long

The month is over now! When? :)

• @Montreal_Music said:
    What will be the price? 100$? > @ninobeatz said:

Reached out for an update a week ago. Unfortunately, testing is still ongoing

• That's the thing about testing. It's designed to reveal problems you weren't aware of. So it is impossible to predict when it will be done.

• What will be the price? 100$? > @ninobeatz said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    What will be the price? 100$? > @ninobeatz said:

Reached out for an update a week ago. Unfortunately, testing is still ongoing

Thanks. Any idea about the price range?

• edited April 2023

It begins

• edited April 2023

Fantastic news

It's not showing up in the UK App Store yet.

• edited April 2023

lets goooo. this is gonna be a very popular app. The thing is like 50 mb in size.

This and Ableton Note are my favourite ios apps now.

• So is this in the App Store?