Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DRAMBO 2.0 is LIVE!!!

Comments

• Does VHS seem quiet in Drambo compared with other instruments?

• @AppJunky said:

@db909 said:

@wim said:

@AppJunky said:
    Would anyone else find being able individually mute clips helpful with Pattern development, before committing? 🤔

Yes. I was mildly surprised when I discovered it wasn't there.

However, you can simply mute tracks while experimenting. When you duplicate the pattern, clips on muted tracks aren't copied. That's just as good IMO, though a little less intuitive.

You can mute clips. Swipe down on a clip to mute, tap to unmute

That works…providing that pattern is playing! Thank you, completely missed it.

Probably would be better if the behaviours matched between the Track Pad and Clips ie Swiping down bring up the Red ‘M’ and tapping again unmutes.

The muted clips don’t copy in a dupe pattern is also really handy to know 👍

Well here’s another wrinkle for ya: Muted clips won’t copy if you duplicate with the double plus button but if you long press on the pattern to get that menu and choose duplicate there, they will duplicate.

• @db909 said:

@wim said:

@AppJunky said:
    Would anyone else find being able individually mute clips helpful with Pattern development, before committing? 🤔

However, you can simply mute tracks while experimenting. When you duplicate the pattern, clips on muted tracks aren't copied. That's just as good IMO, though a little less intuitive.

Thanks! I missed that one because I was looking for a red M on the clip like there is on tracks.

I think it would be more intuitive if it was consistent in this way, and if the Mute button worked the same way on clips as it does on tracks.

• edited July 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2022

Hi, I’m also quite new to Drambo. I loaded Koala FX into the master track and for performances Id like to use scenes that I have created in Koala FX. Now I want to control which scene is active from Drambo so that I can Midi map it to buttons of a Midi controller. So I mapped the scene buttons in the plugin window but then it is just one knob in the Koala FX node where its value selects the scene - so far so good. But now I’d like to map buttons of a Midi controller to set this scene knob to values that select the scenes A to H. I tried my luck with the Drambo buttons and translate their gate values to Midi notes that would control the scene knob but I don‘t manage. Is this the wrong idea? How would do that?

It‘s not so easy to extract such know-how from the lengthy Drambo threads. Would the Drambo forum a better place to look for that?

• edited July 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @AppJunky said:

@db909 said:

@AppJunky said:

@db909 said:

@wim said:

@AppJunky said:

That works…providing that pattern is playing! Thank you, completely missed it.

Probably would be better if the behaviours matched between the Track Pad and Clips ie Swiping down bring up the Red ‘M’ and tapping again unmutes.

The muted clips don’t copy in a dupe pattern is also really handy to know 👍

Well here’s another wrinkle for ya: Muted clips won’t copy if you duplicate with the double plus button but if you long press on the pattern to get that menu and choose duplicate there, they will duplicate.

So what were the beta babes doing in that 12 months? You’d have thought they have picked up on this 🤣😉

I dunno it’s weird but useful. The menu duplicate puts the duplicate right after the current pattern and the double plus puts it at the end of the patterns, so it’s probably useful to have a couple different ways to work with it

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wimwim
    edited June 2022

That makes sense. A clip isn't really "muted", it's stopped.
    I've changed my mind. I think It makes sense the way it is now. The fact that I was too lazy to check the manual before assuming it would work and concluding it didn't a little embarrassing. ;)

• Is there Drambo problem or auv3?

My only main option for drums on ios. Is to use different auv3s for drums. Low cpu. Mappable parameters.

There isnt many but will seek more synths.

If you have bass 808 and Ting. Bass 808 will p-lock on the step you hold.

Ting gets p-locked on a different step.

This is the case for many apps.

• @krassmann said:
    Hi, I’m also quite new to Drambo. I loaded Koala FX into the master track and for performances Id like to use scenes that I have created in Koala FX. Now I want to control which scene is active from Drambo so that I can Midi map it to buttons of a Midi controller. So I mapped the scene buttons in the plugin window but then it is just one knob in the Koala FX node where its value selects the scene - so far so good. But now I’d like to map buttons of a Midi controller to set this scene knob to values that select the scenes A to H. I tried my luck with the Drambo buttons and translate their gate values to Midi notes that would control the scene knob but I don‘t manage. Is this the wrong idea? How would do that?

It‘s not so easy to extract such know-how from the lengthy Drambo threads. Would the Drambo forum a better place to look for that?

it's important to turn the scene knob to the closest before changing to scene b.
    then you can switch koalafx scenes by octaves of note c.
    is this what you want?

• edited June 2022

Is this the Drambo question thread? Is this how you send cc from Drambo to aum auv3 parameters?

Drum ipad. Were to be Drambo hosted ( may still ) but can map an app ( skiddd ) via drambo. So will have to maybe use Aum.

• @sigma79 said:
    Is there Drambo problem or auv3?

My only main option for drums on ios. Is to use different auv3s for drums. Low cpu. Mappable parameters.

There isnt many but will seek more synths.

If you have bass 808 and Ting. Bass 808 will p-lock on the step you hold.

Ting gets p-locked on a different step.

This is the case for many apps.

I think its apps as theres apps, where its ok but ideally would test via aum. With Drambo sending cc?

• Hi,
    This is probably super stupid, but I can’t figure it out.
    How do change a track’s place?. Including sequencer data, all modules…
    Use case: start by doing something with a synth on track 1. You like it so want to build up on it. But you want the kick in track 1, snare on 2, etc… Is there a way to move the synth track from track 1 to say, track 5?.
    Thanks!

• @tahiche said:
    Hi,
    Use case: start by doing something with a synth on track 1. You like it so want to build up on it. But you want the kick in track 1, snare on 2, etc… Is there a way to move the synth track from track 1 to say, track 5?.
    Thanks!

You can change the order in the Main (top level) track. The name/number won't automatically change though.

• @tahiche said:
    Hi,
    Thanks!

Yup, go to the Main Track.
    When on the Main Track hold on to the Track you want to move
    and move it either left or right but before the send A/B and Master Track.
    If you have any signals from Track to Track then they will get broken
    and the other thing you will need to be is rename the Track which is no biggie.

• @rototom said:

@krassmann said:

it's important to turn the scene knob to the closest before changing to scene b.
    is this what you want?

Almost. I have a Midi controller with buttons that send CCs and I want to map these buttons to the scenes of Koala FX.

• @krassmann said:

@rototom said:

@krassmann said:

is this what you want?

Almost. I have a Midi controller with buttons that send CCs and I want to map these buttons to the scenes of Koala FX.

You can change the scenes of Koala FX by using the Buttons module.
    Use the Adder module to sum the outputs from the Buttons module
    and connect that to the “scene” input of Koala FX.
    Once you’ve done this then map the relevant cc messages
    from an external midi controller to the Buttons module.

These are the numerical values for the switches.
    Koala FX automatically defaults to scene A hence why there’s 7 Buttons not 8

Button number numerical value scene
    1 0.25 B
    2 0.375 C
    3 0.5 D
    4 0.675 E
    5 0.75 F
    6 0.875 G
    7 1 H

Bear in mind that the Buttons module isn’t exclusive so you could
    use the Switch N-1 module instead if that’s preferable.

Screenshot.

• @krassmann said:

ok, i thought you were talking about midi notes.

would you let us know the exact midi msg sent by your hardware controller buttons?

• edited June 2022

@Gravitas said:

@tahiche said:
    Hi,
    Thanks!

Ok, I was pressing too long, on the main track when selecting a track, once it turns green you can’t move it. So I was cutting and pasting but that doesn’t include the sequence data.
    You got to press and drag, don’t overdo the pressing!.
    Thanks 🙏

• @tahiche said:

@Gravitas said:

@tahiche said:
    Hi,
    Thanks!

Ok, I was pressing too long, on the main track when selecting a track, once it turns green you can’t move it.

Easily done.

So I was cutting and pasting but that doesn’t include the sequence data.

You can copy and paste between Tracks by holding onto one Track pad
    and pressing on another which should bring up this dialogue.

“Duplicate Track/Rack+Sequences/Cancel”

you can also drag and drop sequences from CLIP to CLIP.

You got to press and drag, don’t overdo the pressing!.
    Thanks 🙏

You’re welcome.
    🙏🏾

• @Gravitas said:
    You can copy and paste between Tracks by holding onto one Track pad
    and pressing on another which should bring up this dialogue.
    “Duplicate Track/Rack+Sequences/Cancel”

Oh shoot, this is the first I'm seeing of this and this will be immensely helpful. Many thanks!

• edited June 2022

Anyone pls explain how do I record midi notes from my cme midi keyboard with different scales and keys?

How do I use for ex KB-1in this situation? I saw that the native keyboard inside Drambo comes with scales and keys but it won't translate to my midi keyboard.

Appreciate!

Mainly with auv3’s sound sources

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Finally! It took so long. Downloading!

Hi giku. Posted another vid also. It seems with Ruismaker and Klevgrand apps. Its probably the apps. P-locking applies to next step. Other apps it dosent. Trying to build drum machine of au's.

In video

It remedies when you add one step but on next sequence cycle. So wouldnt remedy with other steps. It would apply to next step.

If it is apps. Is there not a module or can you not make track compensator. If its the way the apps are made?

• edited June 2022

@sigma79 Indeed this looks like a timing issue to me. Some apps are fast enough to catch the p-locked value before executing the note-on message, others probably already have the note-on prepared and the modified value is received a tiny bit too late.

I've tried a random app (Mela 2 here) and it worked as it should.

You can try changing the order between note and p-lock events and increase the note offset a little bit to gain some safety leeway:

Maybe @brambos can shed some light on the behavior?

• @rs2000 said:
    @sigma79 Indeed this looks like a timing issue to me. Some apps are fast enough to catch the p-locked value before executing the note-on message, others probably already have the note-on prepared and the modified value is received a tiny bit too late.

You can try changing the order between note and p-lock events and increase the note offset a little bit to gain some safety leeway:

Thanks. Dosent seem to work.

Even if deciding to just p lock the prior step so it p locks the next. Adding probabilty just sends the p lock to other step.

If its because of apps. It will be brams and klevgrand.

Ipad drum situation just got worse.

• edited June 2022

@sigma79 said:

@rs2000 said:

Even if deciding to just p lock the prior step so it p locks the next. Adding probabilty just sends the p lock to other step.

My apps handle any incoming events right at the exact sample-accurate timestamp that they should be handled, and there doesn't seem to be any issue with other hosts, so I'm inclined to think that this is a rounding error in Drambo?

Edit: unless you're trying to make sound changes while a drumsound is playing. In that case: Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM only handle sound changes when a new sound is triggered and keep those static until that drumhit is done.

• Thanks @brambos, that makes sense!

• @brambos said:

@sigma79 said:

@rs2000 said:

My apps handle any incoming events right at the exact sample-accurate timestamp that they should be handled, and there doesn't seem to be any issue with other hosts, so I'm inclined to think that this is a rounding error in Drambo?

Edit: unless you're trying to make sound changes while a drumsound is playing. In that case: Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM only handle sound changes when a new sound is triggered and keep those static until that drumhit is done.

Thanks Bram.

Is this ideal. Will just have make do. As its part of how app works?

My drum kit. Is synthdrum kick. Bass 808. These work as normal.

• Also opl but its not as good as ruis fm.