Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DRAMBO 2.0 is LIVE!!!

Comments

• @sigma79 said:

@brambos said:

@sigma79 said:

@rs2000 said:
    @sigma79 Indeed this looks like a timing issue to me. Some apps are fast enough to catch the p-locked value before executing the note-on message, others probably already have the note-on prepared and the modified value is received a tiny bit too late.

I've tried a random app (Mela 2 here) and it worked as it should.

You can try changing the order between note and p-lock events and increase the note offset a little bit to gain some safety leeway:

Maybe @brambos can shed some light on the behavior?

Thanks. Dosent seem to work.

Even if deciding to just p lock the prior step so it p locks the next. Adding probabilty just sends the p lock to other step.

If its because of apps. It will be brams and klevgrand.

My apps handle any incoming events right at the exact sample-accurate timestamp that they should be handled, and there doesn't seem to be any issue with other hosts, so I'm inclined to think that this is a rounding error in Drambo?

Edit: unless you're trying to make sound changes while a drumsound is playing. In that case: Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM only handle sound changes when a new sound is triggered and keep those static until that drumhit is done.

Thanks Bram.

Is this ideal. Will just have make do. As its part of how app works?

My drum kit. Is synthdrum kick. Bass 808. These work as normal.

So what exactly is going wrong? The timing of triggering drum notes or changing sound parameters?

Either should be sample-accurate in my apps, but in Ruismaker and FM you can’t change the sound while it is playing. Any changes won’t take effect until the next time that sound is triggered.

• @brambos said:

@sigma79 said:

@brambos said:

@sigma79 said:

@rs2000 said:
    @sigma79 Indeed this looks like a timing issue to me. Some apps are fast enough to catch the p-locked value before executing the note-on message, others probably already have the note-on prepared and the modified value is received a tiny bit too late.

I've tried a random app (Mela 2 here) and it worked as it should.

You can try changing the order between note and p-lock events and increase the note offset a little bit to gain some safety leeway:

Maybe @brambos can shed some light on the behavior?

Thanks. Dosent seem to work.

Even if deciding to just p lock the prior step so it p locks the next. Adding probabilty just sends the p lock to other step.

If its because of apps. It will be brams and klevgrand.

My apps handle any incoming events right at the exact sample-accurate timestamp that they should be handled, and there doesn't seem to be any issue with other hosts, so I'm inclined to think that this is a rounding error in Drambo?

Edit: unless you're trying to make sound changes while a drumsound is playing. In that case: Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM only handle sound changes when a new sound is triggered and keep those static until that drumhit is done.

Thanks Bram.

Is this ideal. Will just have make do. As its part of how app works?

My drum kit. Is synthdrum kick. Bass 808. These work as normal.

So what exactly is going wrong? The timing of triggering drum notes or changing sound parameters?

Either should be sample-accurate in my apps, but in Ruismaker and FM you can’t change the sound while it is playing. Any changes won’t take effect until the next time that sound is triggered.

This is why it cant be p-locked like other apps, like you might expect. Whats the reason for designing, so sounds changes arnt triggered until next time?

• Here's my new tutorial about the Morph module in Drambo 2.0!

It's time for your man of the people to have a look at the new Morph module inside Drambo, particularly its most important usage - allowing you to modulate parameters that you weren't able to previously. Now you're playing with 2.0 power!

In this video, you WILL learn how the Morph module works. You WILL learn how to use it to apply LFOs and envelopes to previously bricked off parameters. You WILL learn how to use it as a performance surface across different tracks. You WILL after watching this go down a rabbit hole googling 'Tony Hart Morph' (for my younger viewers, this is how you find out more about that weird orange plasticine character). You WILL NOT see any copyright infringement, says my lawyer!

If you enjoy this kind of thing, please like and subscribe to give me a Dash Mushroom up YouTube's algorithm (yes, I have been playing a lot of Mario Kart 8 recently). Do let me know what you think in the comments, and also what you'd like to see in future tutorials.

This was ready pretty much all last week, I just didn't have time to make the thumbnail. :D

Enjoy! Plenty more content to come in the coming weeks, including some non-Drambo stuff. Do let me know if you'd like me to cover anything.

• A quick question for the experts....I have looked , but I have not found the answer to this...has anybody encountered the situation where the pattern button is inputting chords instead of notes?

I had it open a session in this mode and I couldn't work out a) how it occurred and b) how I turn it off so it doesn't automatically do this. When I restarted Drambo it had reset to single note input.

So to be clear, when entering a note here it was entering two notes and was showing "chrd" whenever I pressed the button.

• Anyone pls explain how do I record midi notes from my cme midi keyboard with different scales and keys?

How do I use for ex KB-1in this situation? I saw that the native keyboard inside Drambo comes with scales and keys but it won't translate to my midi keyboard.

Appreciate!

Mainly with auv3’s sound sources

• @Mountain_Hamlet said:
    A quick question for the experts....I have looked , but I have not found the answer to this...has anybody encountered the situation where the pattern button is inputting chords instead of notes?

I had it open a session in this mode and I couldn't work out a) how it occurred and b) how I turn it off so it doesn't automatically do this. When I restarted Drambo it had reset to single note input.

So to be clear, when entering a note here it was entering two notes and was showing "chrd" whenever I pressed the button.

If you hold a chord on Drambo's keyboard and then tap a step, you'd input the chord you held. Maybe that's what you did?

• edited June 2022

@branis said:

@Mountain_Hamlet said:
    A quick question for the experts....I have looked , but I have not found the answer to this...has anybody encountered the situation where the pattern button is inputting chords instead of notes?

If you hold a chord on Drambo's keyboard and then tap a step, you'd input the chord you held. Maybe that's what you did?

I don’t know what caused it. I couldn’t turn the chord input off. It was automatically adding each note input as a chord. It was one extra note and all my MIDI cv inputs were 1 note. Might have been a weird MIDI blip. Is it possible to toggle the chord input on and off or is this a note by note thing?
    I had an external MIDI controller plugged in and it entered notes correctly. It was only on the sequencer step input buttons. The 2 notes recorded were F0 and F6 regardless of what note I selected on the Drambo keyboard. I’ll try and screen record if it happens again.

• @Mountain_Hamlet said:

@branis said:

@Mountain_Hamlet said:

I don’t know what caused it. I couldn’t turn the chord input off. It was automatically adding each note input as a chord. It was one extra note and all my MIDI cv inputs were 1 note. Might have been a weird MIDI blip. Is it possible to toggle the chord input on and off or is this a note by note thing?
    I had an external MIDI controller plugged in and it entered notes correctly. It was only on the sequencer step input buttons. The 2 notes recorded were F0 and F6 regardless of what note I selected on the Drambo keyboard. I’ll try and screen record if it happens again.

You might have the select button active

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @AppJunky said:

MIDI For Clips In Drambo

I’m envisioning a day when we have a new folder for MIDI in Drambo. Where you can save, or load, all MIDI information for a clip, by simply long pressing on a clip or dragging and dropping a file from the MIDI folder onto a clip.

That would be pretty sweet don’t you think? 😊

Absolutely.
    Until that happens, I'm heavily relying on Imaginando LK.
    I can highly recommend LK and the Matrix IAP - they're on sale today btw.

• edited June 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @AppJunky Make sure you spend some time learning LK. It's a great sequencer and after a lot of updates, it's rock solid now.
    You can even import a full length MIDI file on a single clip.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @AppJunky You got me 😁

• @AppJunky said:

@rs2000 said:
    @AppJunky Make sure you spend some time learning LK. It's a great sequencer and after a lot of updates, it's rock solid now.
    You can even import a full length MIDI file on a single clip.

👍 I’m taking this as insider code for ‘Person who holds breath for new Drambo implementation, die quickly’ 😂🙏

Lk is far more powerful than Drambo, but use about 25% more DSP than Drambo. I often Have DSP dropout when using it.
    It’s less easy to use (impossible to reorder the tracks using using drag and must select move it under the next track, reselect move Afghanistan under the next tracks and so on which is a bit painful
    Impossible to copy pattern using drag and drop, mouse doesn’t work when using scroll, etc…)
    Anyway as I said LK is much more powerful

• edited June 2022

• New update just dropped with a fomants extension IAP. I bought it immediately in lieu of a tip jar.

• @orchid said:
    New update just dropped with a fomants extension IAP. I bought it immediately in lieu of a tip jar

Same. No idea if I'll ever use the IAP but Drambo is a long term investment.

• edited June 2022

• edited June 2022

• edited June 2022

• edited June 2022

• @orchid said:
    New update just dropped with a fomants extension IAP. I bought it immediately in lieu of a tip jar.

Great…

• Insta-update and insta-IAP!

• any demo on formant modules !?
    thnx

• @waka_x said:
    any demo on formant modules !?
    thnx

evokes some vintage goa trance memories

• @drewinnit thanks! Great example. Just wow.

• this formant stuff will give me nightmares lol

• Instant psytrance leads with the formant osc and filter! Very nice indeed.

• Excellente