Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DRAMBO 2.0 is LIVE!!!

Comments

• @AppJunky said:

@Jeezs said:

@Jeezs said:

@wim said:

@Jeezs said:
    Where can I find the "jump step" components ?

One way is to go to the step sequence editor (icon that looks like a bar graph, then select COMP at the top-right. Select the step you want to jump from, then hit the + sign to add a component. You'll find Jump in the list. It defaults to jump to bar 1 step 1.

Another is to long-press and swipe up on the step, then select Components from the pop-up menu, then add the jump component as above.

Sound For More has a good tutorial that touches on the step components near the end.

Thanks again

In fact it doesn’t work, jump allow to jump to a certain bar inside the pattern but doesn’t allow to jump to the next pattern or I didn’t find how to use this.
    If anyone have a solution

+1

I was looking to do the same with 7/8 so set the Jumps on step 56/64 on all live patterns expecting it to jump from Pattern 1 Step 56 to Pattern 2 Step 1. But, it doesn’t work like that, it just played the first 8 steps of Pattern 1 before then moving onto Pattern 2.

The best will be to request the developper the possibility to have pattern shorter than 1 bar.

• edited June 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If Drambo can only be mapped for 16cc,s. Does it mean Drambo can only be 16 automations or can there be more than 16 automation cc,s lanes/tracks. If set up in Aum?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @AppJunky said:

Would it be helpful if Drambo remembered the last selections for Sync and Editors Follow Song in the Clip Launcher, rather than having to set it again every session?

No one else find themselves having to click on these every load? Does the Dev consider/debate stuff like this on here? 🤔

I'd be inclined to say that this belongs in project settings, so it could be saved as part of a template, like the keyboard/scale/pads settings can.

• Is there a way in Drambo to filter notes by velocity? That is, I want notes with velocity > 80 to pass through but notes < 80 are blocked.

• @AppJunky said:

+1 for Clips to be able to be any length of steps. So you could finish all of them in a Pattern at 56 of 64 (7/8) OR imagine, each Clip in a pattern able to be different step length. The polyrhythms and possibilities would be wonderful 😊👍

@rs2000 @uncledave Have you had any discussions already regarding this, anything already in play? 🤔

Definitely, it's just not something that will be added tomorrow. Enough people have asked for it though so it will happen sooner or later.

• edited June 2022

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Is there a way in Drambo to filter notes by velocity? That is, I want notes with velocity > 80 to pass through but notes < 80 are blocked.

That's an easy one. You can draw a "velocity window" inside the Graphic Shaper.
    Line on top=enable, line on the bottom=disable.
    The Graphic Shaper shows the incoming value in realtime, in case you'd like to fine tune it using a keyboard or other MIDI controller.

• @AppJunky said:
    Would anyone else find being able individually mute clips helpful with Pattern development, before committing? 🤔

Yes. I was mildly surprised when I discovered it wasn't there.

However, you can simply mute tracks while experimenting. When you duplicate the pattern, clips on muted tracks aren't copied. That's just as good IMO, though a little less intuitive.

• @rs2000 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Is there a way in Drambo to filter notes by velocity? That is, I want notes with velocity > 80 to pass through but notes < 80 are blocked.

The Graphic Shaper shows the incoming value in realtime, in case you'd like to fine tune it using a keyboard or other MIDI controller.

Aha, never would have guessed that module! I appreciate the help. If I'm using Drambo to filter MIDI using the note filter in this use case, would you suggest converting to CV after I do the MIDI filtering and then convert back to MIDI? Or the inverse?

• edited June 2022

@lukesleepwalker said:

@rs2000 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Aha, never would have guessed that module! I appreciate the help. If I'm using Drambo to filter MIDI using the note filter in this use case, would you suggest converting to CV after I do the MIDI filtering and then convert back to MIDI? Or the inverse?

Whatever you prefer. All legit options. 👍🏼

In fact my example already works in the CV domain and as long as you're generating sound inside Drambo, I see no need to convert back to MIDI (except when using AUv3 instruments of course).

• @AppJunky said:

@rs2000 said:

@AppJunky said:

+1 for Clips to be able to be any length of steps. So you could finish all of them in a Pattern at 56 of 64 (7/8) OR imagine, each Clip in a pattern able to be different step length. The polyrhythms and possibilities would be wonderful 😊👍

@rs2000 @uncledave Have you had any discussions already regarding this, anything already in play? 🤔

Definitely, it's just not something that will be added tomorrow. Enough people have asked for it though so it will happen sooner or later.

Thank you, thought so 👍

Appreciating 2.0 has only just dropped…is there a public priority list and, any likelihood of developments in sprints rather than having to wait for monster updates? 🤔

You should consider joining the beepstreet forum, which the dev does monitor, and where discussions get a lot more detailed.

• @AppJunky said:

@rs2000 said:

@AppJunky said:

Thank you, thought so 👍

Appreciating 2.0 has only just dropped…is there a public priority list and, any likelihood of developments in sprints rather than having to wait for monster updates? 🤔

No. The main reason is that not all future features are completely independent from each other and some have to wait for new concepts to materialize. A lot of this was part of the "monster update" but yeah, shorter update cycles are planned for sure :)

• edited June 2022

@rs2000 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@rs2000 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

In fact my example already works in the CV domain and as long as you're generating sound inside Drambo, I see no need to convert back to MIDI (except when using AUv3 instruments of course).

Hmmmm, right. So, I've got several note filter modules all connected to the track's MIDI input. How do I insert the MIDI to CV in between the track MIDI input and multiple MIDI note filters thereafter?

Edit: Just saw the second part you added. I'm not generating sound inside Drambo. I'm using AUv3 instruments so I need to convert back to MIDI.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@rs2000 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@rs2000 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Hmmmm, right. So, I've got several note filter modules all connected to the track's MIDI input. How do I insert the MIDI to CV in between the track MIDI input and multiple MIDI note filters thereafter?

Edit: Just saw the second part you added. I'm not generating sound inside Drambo. I'm using AUv3 instruments so I need to convert back to MIDI.

The Note Filters work independently. I would first place the note filters & MIDI mixer, then MIDI to CV and the velocity range filter, then a MIDI Note Generator to convert back to MIDI again. As long as you don't use monophonic modules (like certain racks and modules marked with a circled "1" behind), the pitch/gate/velocity signals will remain polyphonic and translate back into polyphonic MIDI.

• @wim said:

@AppJunky said:
    Would anyone else find being able individually mute clips helpful with Pattern development, before committing? 🤔

Yes. I was mildly surprised when I discovered it wasn't there.

However, you can simply mute tracks while experimenting. When you duplicate the pattern, clips on muted tracks aren't copied. That's just as good IMO, though a little less intuitive.

You can mute clips. Swipe down on a clip to mute, tap to unmute

• I am wondering wether anyone has already tested Drambo with ipados16 beta and the new external display feature? would be nice, if you could then utilize both displays at the same time. Or how it works together with universal control…

• Hi everyone - I’m new to this forum and I’ve been following some of the posts regarding odd-meter patterns in Drambo 2. I think I have discovered a way to do this without using the jump step component method. Apologies in advance if this method is already known to you. Here’s how I do it: 1) Tap-drag on the loop bar and drag out to the right to create a pattern with an odd number of bars (5, 7, 9, 11, 15). 2) Using the pattern pop-up menu press the “:2” button to divide down the beat count until you have the number of beats you want. So, for example, a pattern of 5 bars will have 20 beats in total and hitting the “:2” button twice will reduce this to 5 beats (20 steps). It’s a bit experimental but seems to work ok with phrases of 5, 7, 9, 11 and 15 beats per pattern with proper looping and transitioning to the next pattern, as far as I can tell from my limited testing. The only pattern length that doesn’t seem to work is 3 beats, which in my tests always cycles back to the first beat (thus playing a 4 beat phrase) before transitioning to the next pattern. I’m still experimenting with this but hope this info helps.

• @javiz said:
    Hi everyone - I’m new to this forum and I’ve been following some of the posts regarding odd-meter patterns in Drambo 2. I think I have discovered a way to do this without using the jump step component method. Apologies in advance if this method is already known to you. Here’s how I do it: 1) Tap-drag on the loop bar and drag out to the right to create a pattern with an odd number of bars (5, 7, 9, 11, 15). 2) Using the pattern pop-up menu press the “:2” button to divide down the beat count until you have the number of beats you want. So, for example, a pattern of 5 bars will have 20 beats in total and hitting the “:2” button twice will reduce this to 5 beats (20 steps). It’s a bit experimental but seems to work ok with phrases of 5, 7, 9, 11 and 15 beats per pattern with proper looping and transitioning to the next pattern, as far as I can tell from my limited testing. The only pattern length that doesn’t seem to work is 3 beats, which in my tests always cycles back to the first beat (thus playing a 4 beat phrase) before transitioning to the next pattern. I’m still experimenting with this but hope this info helps.

Welcome and I use dRambo everyday and I didn't know this so thank you.

• @Gravitas said:

@javiz said:

You are welcome @Gravitas - another trick I forgot to mention is to establish your odd meter pattern in the “Main” track (which I always leave empty) - you can use then this as a pattern template to drag and drop to other tracks in the same pattern. If you don’t do this your odd-meter pattern can quickly get messed up as you add more tracks.

• @rs2000 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@rs2000 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@rs2000 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

The Note Filters work independently. I would first place the note filters & MIDI mixer, then MIDI to CV and the velocity range filter, then a MIDI Note Generator to convert back to MIDI again. As long as you don't use monophonic modules (like certain racks and modules marked with a circled "1" behind), the pitch/gate/velocity signals will remain polyphonic and translate back into polyphonic MIDI.

Yep, works perfectly! Thank you!

• @javiz said:

@Gravitas said:

@javiz said:

You are welcome @Gravitas - another trick I forgot to mention is to establish your odd meter pattern in the “Main” track (which I always leave empty) - you can use then this as a pattern template to drag and drop to other tracks in the same pattern. If you don’t do this your odd-meter pattern can quickly get messed up as you add more tracks.

Nice one.

• edited June 2022

@javiz very cool, thanks for sharing! I’m going to try this later today.

Edit* I just programmed a piano piece in 5 that has occasional bars in 7 and 13 that I've been struggling to properly program forever. This tip is huge thanks again.

• edited June 2022

A trick that should works to allow pattern shorter than 1 bar, is to midi map the pattern and trig it using a dedicated midi track.
    I’ll try this later and let you know.

• @timelining said:
    @javiz very cool, thanks for sharing! I’m going to try this later today.

Edit* I just programmed a piano piece in 5 that has occasional bars in 7 and 13 that I've been struggling to properly program forever. This tip is huge thanks again.

Hi @timelining - great to hear this method is working for you. Sounds like you’ve already done more experimentation with it than me! One thing I’ve noticed is that if you have an odd meter pattern Drambo will still allow you to access parts of the pattern that are outside the bounds of the number of beats you set - this can result in a swift crash if you click the wrong bit of the GUI. I’ve noticed this in the velocity/gate view. I wouldn’t call this a bug as I would guess the method is not officially supported anyway, just something to watch out for.