Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What's the point of a real Moog synth when the apps are so amazing?

1235»

Comments

• @BroCoast said:

@supadom said:
    My eBay feed is filled with cheap Behringer machines:

Odyssey

Poly D

Deepmind 6….

I was (still am) so close to getting the above but I’ve been there already and I’m old enough to distinguish the ‘sweatshop effect’ from the real need. I’ve bought stuff before and after the honeymoon period of 2 weeks (being generous here) I’d go back to messing with my iPad.

I’m so much stronger now that I have Drambo. I can build stuff that Deepmind users can only dream of without all the menu diving. In fact more than anything else it is about identifying the bottleneck which in this case is the small screen and with others the inability to save presets.
    Another one would be portability.

So no, I’m standing strong!!! 😬

There are many advantages to Drambo/apps.

No cables
    No sync issues
    Total recall
    Better sequencing
    Etc. etc.

It’s nice to have one analog mono though.

My finger is on Behri Odyssey like, permanently and you aren’t helping!! 😬😇

• @supadom said:

@BroCoast said:

@supadom said:
    My eBay feed is filled with cheap Behringer machines:

Odyssey

Poly D

Deepmind 6….

I was (still am) so close to getting the above but I’ve been there already and I’m old enough to distinguish the ‘sweatshop effect’ from the real need. I’ve bought stuff before and after the honeymoon period of 2 weeks (being generous here) I’d go back to messing with my iPad.

I’m so much stronger now that I have Drambo. I can build stuff that Deepmind users can only dream of without all the menu diving. In fact more than anything else it is about identifying the bottleneck which in this case is the small screen and with others the inability to save presets.
    Another one would be portability.

So no, I’m standing strong!!! 😬

There are many advantages to Drambo/apps.

No cables
    No sync issues
    Total recall
    Better sequencing
    Etc. etc.

It’s nice to have one analog mono though.

My finger is on Behri Odyssey like, permanently and you aren’t helping!! 😬😇

The Behringer Cat is a fun alternative to the Oddy.

• What is the point of music?

Nothing has a point, do whatever makes you happy, and be kind with others :)

• @frosttrance_7 said:
    I tried an MS-20 at the Sound Parcel in Easton, PA. The difference between touching an MS-20 app and feeling actual physical knobs was night and day.

True - the physical synth doesn’t have night and day mode

• @cokomairena said:
    What is the point of music?

Nothing has a point, do whatever makes you happy, and be kind with others :)

This is the answer.

• edited November 2022

@MadGav said:

@jolico said:
    Software is better for the environment.

I’m not sure that’s the shoe-in you think it is, hardware synth are potentially very durable - that MS-20 over there is over 40 years old. How many iPads would I go though in that time?

That may be. However, the hardware that runs the software is likely something you'd already need for other tasks. At a bare minimum, most people will have a phone. Being able to run a small music studio from a phone is potentially much better for the environment, as long as one opts out of the yearly upgrade cycle.

You can't phone anyone, send email, locate the nearest hospital nor run Kala Sampler on an MS-20, which makes it really niche by comparison.

And lastly, I reckon that someone who has an MS-20 likely didn't stop there and it's perhaps the centre-piece of a much larger hardware setup.

Anyway...not making a judgment either way. Just don't think the argument really works.