Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Such a shame Beatmaker 3 is likely a very dead app soon…

Comments

• You’re right Brad, I did search and I watched a few, but it wasn’t really what i was looking for. They were all about 20-30 minutes, and they focused more on hip hop basic beats, general overviews of features, and a lot of them were rather old. I was looking for a newer/updated video with a more developed track, that maybe shows the audio features. (One reason I went with beatmaker 3 over nanostudio 2 was because it has audio input as well.) If anyone uses BeatMaker 3 and has anything newer than this or recommends a more advanced track, please link me. This is the video that was closest to what I was looking for

BeatMaker looks like it can act like a regular DAW here.^ So it makes me easier coming from Cubasis because I was confused at first a bit lol Im not used to the “MPC” layout/sampler, but reading this thread and the pros made me see people can really benefit from the sampler as I learned how useful it is in Drambo.

• Oh ok. Honestly I think the audio editing features in BM3 are weak. I wouldn’t use it for audio. Recording a part and using it in the sampler is great but working with audio tracks isn’t a good experience in my opinion. Just because of the lack of editing available.

• I am happy to hear the developer response for you was quick! That has a bit of promise.
    Make sure to save a lot, as Beatmaker 3 can be crashy at times and with certain plug ins.
    Better safe than sorry on important projects! I tend to get more crashes than many of these other Beatmaker users, about once per ten sessions is where my brain wants to go with an odds count. It’s usually while using plug ins.
    It’s usually a total crash to the Home Screen of the iPad…instantly.

So be cautious with important work! SAVE

• edited April 2023

I may seem critical, but just for comparison…apple’s own garageband app will certainly misbehave when using almost any audio damage plug in…which usually begins with a pop…and then crashed audio.

So I’m not being unfair to beatmaker3

In my original stance for this post, I was mostly talking about the mostly silent develope(s) and the lack of going forward with the app…

For instance, there was a better version of bm3 that got recalled…and never came back? Then Mathieu left the intua team. After all this the development seemed to kinda bump to a halt. Shame really, as bm3, if fixed of its remaining bugs, would absolutely be a force to reckon with even versus hardware. I love the product! I just want it to remain and get fixed a bit more. Maybe even get a new feature here or there. I would have bought it for 49.99 as I find it to actually be my favorite Daw on iOS…even with then nasty crashes.

Maybe they’ll do a bm4? Charge more money! Let’s go!!

• Being a long time fan and supporter of Beatmaker 3 it has a 'thing' going for it that totally drives me nuts and has even made me considering deleting the app for good!!!

(The app is dead, dead, dead, I don't care if some say 'it's being worked on' without any valid proof.
    IT IS DEAD and I hope iPadOS 17 'kills' it for good, the developer really deserve that 'slap' for 'slacking around').

Somehow it has managed (long, long time ago) set it self as a 'Default App' for *.wav files which in turn breaks 'Quick Look' (ie. one tap preview in Files.app). The only way to 'restore peace' is to delete BeatMaker 3...

...that is the only way I can 'remove' BeatMaker 3 from being the default app for *.wav files and make QuickLook work again.
    (I tried it on my iPad Air 2 and voila, QuickLook started to work again, re-install BeatMaker 3 and it 'hijacks' the *.wav extension).

Any sigh of life regarding BM3 would be approached but to me it's DEAD.

Cheers!

• I deleted it long ago, @Samu
    Could not gel with it, despite several tries.

• @Samu said:
    IT IS DEAD

Are you sure it's not just pining for the fjords? 🤪

• @tja said:
    I deleted it long ago, @Samu
    Could not gel with it, despite several tries.

I 'gel' with BM3 apart from a few things that affect other apps than BM3 where QuickLook is one...
    ...granted I mostly use BM3 for actual sample-creation from external sources and AUv3s where it's still unbeaten.

...will keep it until iPadOS17 drops with hopefully some major improvements made to file-management.
    Apple, let us ffs set the default apps for various file-types...

It's only a matter of time before I fully switch over to Logic and it's QuickSampler :sunglasses:

WWDC'23 (Starts Monday June 5th) is not that far away and I will keep an eye on all relevant sessions.

• @el_bo said:

@Samu said:
    IT IS DEAD

Haha, it would have been even better with a scene from Monty Python where that thing that goes PING is.

• @Samu said:

@el_bo said:

@Samu said:
    IT IS DEAD

Haha, it would have been even better with a scene from Monty Python where that thing that goes PING is.

:)

• edited May 2023

It isn’t dead until it works ;) Same like NS .. both those apps still works and i guess they will work for some time .. and then there is always option to just fix iPad on latest version of iOS on which they work and buy other iPad for new apps..

Like common .. people are making music on 30-40 years old synths ;-) No problem.

• edited May 2023

@Samu said:
    Being a long time fan and supporter of Beatmaker 3 it has a 'thing' going for it that totally drives me nuts and has even made me considering deleting the app for good!!!

(The app is dead, dead, dead, I don't care if some say 'it's being worked on' without any valid proof.
    IT IS DEAD and I hope iPadOS 17 'kills' it for good, the developer really deserve that 'slap' for 'slacking around').

Harsh. Well I don't think the users deserve that slap for still using a great app that works well. Yah it had its rough spots in development (like right after some updates when things broke or changed, heh) but it holds up as it is now, just don't sneeze. To me this stuff is starting to sound like wanting directors to go over old films and cg in stuff like Lucas did. If there are glaring holes, bad fx, stupid shit like Jarjar, fine, but if it works well and isn't actually broken (plus not even a sub) then I think people are just a wee bit entitled about there being constant free updates. I just hope they stay on top of the 'recompile for Apple' forced updates that come up. If they fumble that then yah... different story.

Somehow it has managed (long, long time ago) set it self as a 'Default App' for *.wav files which in turn breaks 'Quick Look' (ie. one tap preview in Files.app). The only way to 'restore peace' is to delete BeatMaker 3...

...that is the only way I can 'remove' BeatMaker 3 from being the default app for *.wav files and make QuickLook work again.
    (I tried it on my iPad Air 2 and voila, QuickLook started to work again, re-install BeatMaker 3 and it 'hijacks' the *.wav extension).

Any sigh of life regarding BM3 would be approached but to me it's DEAD.

Cheers!

I always blamed Apple for not being able to assign default behaviour for file types but yah the wav hijack is annoying. That is such a basic thing even in windows going back literal decades. (No idea bout Macs, they have cooties). But sure I could see a BM3 update to fix that, just please dont break what works.

• @dendy said:

Like common .. people are making music on 30-40 years old synths ;-) No problem.

I know, My SY85 is 30+ years old not to mention the TX81z...

Apart from the floppy-drive that has given up it's practically brand new, even the battery still has enough juice to keep the presets stored :sunglasses:

I won't be joining any specific camps and will use any of the available tools with primary focus on the L thing as it really clicks with me. (Sure it could use some 'improvements' and I feel it'll get there sooner or later).

• @AudioGus said:

I always blamed Apple for not being able to assign default behaviour for file types but yah the wav hijack is annoying. That is such a basic thing even in windows going back literal decades. (No idea bout Macs, they have cooties).

Easy do in the Finder, select a file show info, select an app and 'set all'.
    (You can still also set individual *.wav files to open in a specified app, just in case).

This is one of the things I hope to finally see 'fixed' in iPadOS17!
    (I've sent feedback to Apple about this for every iOS release since the Files.app got introduced).

But sure I could see a BM3 update to fix that, just please dont break what works.

It's the 'uncertainty' that bugs me most after one of the devs left the BM3 joint...
    ...that was also the point when I decided jump of the BM3 betas...

• @Samu said:

It's the 'uncertainty' that bugs me most after one of the devs left the BM3 joint...

Hmmm, I always saw that point as being where the whiz bang new features and high level course corrections stopped and stability / 'basic functionality' improved.

• @AudioGus said:

@Samu said:

Hmmm, I always saw that point as being where the whiz bang new features and high level course corrections stopped and stability / 'basic functionality' improved.

It was never 'unstable' for me but then again I stayed away from the old AudioKit apps like the plague :sunglasses:

• @Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

@Samu said:

It was never 'unstable' for me but then again I stayed away from the old AudioKit apps like the plague :sunglasses:

Hehe, for me AudioDamage were the curse.

• It has been stable for me -- and there are things that BM3's sampler does that nothing else does. I've never used it as a DAW (which it might be fine for) because I was already set in that respect. The sampler is so great for some things that nothing else on iOS does -- so, I use it for those things.

• @AudioGus said:

>

Hehe, for me AudioDamage were the curse.

Those too...
    ...BM3 still shines in some areas though, it never got automation of sample-start (the engine is/was not designed for that as it 'cued' all sounds to the playback engine, and the cued sounds could not be altered in real-time, that is why all synthesis parameter changes affect the next sound that is triggered, except for the filter).

I'm happy with the QuickSampler in Logic, I can use the LFO to alter the loop-position and other parameters when needed and also use the step-sequencer to automate the start-point for each sample if/when needed which is more than enough for me, and would I need to layer samples I'll just create a track-stack with multiple QuickSamplers or use Sample Alchemy for four layered samples.

The more of the 'sampling stuff' I can do with other apps the less I'll miss BM3.
    It's been a fun journey and for some that journey continues and I wish them good luck!

• @espiegel123 said:
    It has been stable for me -- and there are things that BM3's sampler does that nothing else does. I've never used it as a DAW (which it might be fine for) because I was already set in that respect. The sampler is so great for some things that nothing else on iOS does -- so, I use it for those things.

Which DAW do you use? Can't recall ...

• @tja said:

@espiegel123 said:
    It has been stable for me -- and there are things that BM3's sampler does that nothing else does. I've never used it as a DAW (which it might be fine for) because I was already set in that respect. The sampler is so great for some things that nothing else on iOS does -- so, I use it for those things.

Which DAW do you use? Can't recall ...

Mostly Auria for mixing. I track in a variety of apps. I sometimes NanoStudio or Loopy Pro -- really depends on the context.

• @Samu said:

If it still works, then it is not dead.

Additional updates or added features might be a dead end, but the app is still good to use so the dev should be able to still sell it.

• edited May 2023

@Simon said:

@Samu said:

If it still works, then it is not dead.

Additional updates or added features might be a dead end, but the app is still good to use so the dev should be able to still sell it.

I joined mostly because my BeatMaker 3 searches brought me here so I hope not, I thought it was a good one from older reviews and i got it not long ago. It works without problems so it is still stable with iOS 16.5 without updating, it must be good code. But at $27 it’s hard to beat feature wise for me. (I also had an issue and support did get back to me). The thread title was a surprise to me and i hope it’s just venting for lack of developer updates, but it is a good daw, most people would probably say.

Does Logic Pro record midi automations like you can with bm3 macro?

• edited May 2023

This a dead apps that not deserve anymore to be in apps store , Apple should act about it as got the price newcomers loose their money buying it.

I can’t get my Money back and it is not a cheap app.

I warm all new buyers it is a not support seriously anymore buggy apps don’t buy it keep away from this app do t buy it you will waste your monney

I will go to put a bad review on the apps store to avoid anymore people loosing money buying apps that are dead. Not fair from this dev to keep it on the App Store

• @BerlinFx said:
    This a dead apps that not deserve anymore to be in apps store , Apple should act about it as got the price newcomers loose their money buying it.

I warm all new buyers it is a not support seriously anymore buggy apps don’t buy it keep away from this app do t buy it you will waste your monney

I will go to put a bad review on the apps store to avoid anymore people loosing money buying apps that are dead. Not fair from this dev to keep it on the App Store

BeatMaker 3 is a massively great app, imo. It deserves to be in the App Store and can do some great things no other music app on iOS does as well. For some, it is still a useful and essential app.

What problems are you having with it?

• @espiegel123 said:

@BerlinFx said:

BeatMaker 3 is a massively great app, imo. It deserves to be in the App Store and can do some great things no other music app on iOS does as well. For some, it is still a useful and essential app.

Not serious dev nbugs at all stage I did just now a bad rating and sent a mail to Apple contact I got to state about this apps. I don’t like to be stolen of my monney by a dev that doesn’t care about its apps No refund possible.

It is my monney not your monney so I have the right to complain. It. As buggy when I bought it and it still buggy.

• edited May 2023

@BerlinFx said:

@espiegel123 said:

@BerlinFx said:

Not serious bugs crashes at all stage I did just now a bad rating and sent a mail to Apple contact I got to state about this apps. I don’t like to be stolen of my monney by a dev that doesn’t care about its apps No refund possible.

It is my monney not your monney so I have the right to complain. It. As buggy when I bought it and it still buggy.

I Mailed directly the the law department of Apple about this app and as I was fool buying this app still in AppStore

• @BerlinFx said:

@espiegel123 said:

@BerlinFx said:

Not serious dev nbugs at all stage I did just now a bad rating and sent a mail to Apple contact I got to state about this apps. I don’t like to be stolen of my monney by a dev that doesn’t care about its apps No refund possible.

The notion that Apple should pull this app from the store because you don’t like the app seems a bit much.

No one stole your money. When you bought the app, you could have asked for a refund.

• @espiegel123 said:

@BerlinFx said:

@espiegel123 said:

@BerlinFx said:

The notion that Apple should pull this app from the store because you don’t like the app seems a bit much.

No one stole your money. When you bought the app, you could have asked for a refund.

Refund it is a joke it is scarce to have a refund on the AppStore. This app should be anymore in the AppStore if the dev doesn’t care of it that all. I don’t want to argue with you it is my money. If you like to waste your money it is your right if you like that dev sell high price and doesn’t care it is your right.

I care about it that all. In Europe e have consumer law

• @BerlinFx said:

@espiegel123 said:

@BerlinFx said:

@espiegel123 said:

@BerlinFx said:

Refund it is a joke it is scarce to have a refund on the AppStore. This app should be anymore in the AppStore if the dev doesn’t care of it that all. I don’t want to argue with you it is my money. If you like to waste your money it is your right if you like that dev sell high price and doesn’t care it is your right.

I care about it that all. In Europe e have consumer law

If you have the right to say it shouldn’t be in the store.

I have the right to say it belongs in the store and plays an important role for many music makers.

You have a right not to like it and say so.

You are in my opinion crossing a line when you say that other people should not have the right to use it.