Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Such a shame Beatmaker 3 is likely a very dead app soon…

167891012»

Comments

• @Dham said:

@bargale said:

@Dham said:

@BroCoast said:

@bargale said:

@Dham said:

@bargale said:
    I love how people always come back to say ish about BM3.
    Even without updates it's a killer app for a killer price.
    3+ years after getting it and i got my moneys worth out of it.
    can't say it about a lot of other apps or hardware which are more expensive.

BM3 has long been one of my favorite apps. However, it has now taken a back seat to Logic Pro for Ipad. LP4i is just so smooth and feature packed. I would love to utilize BM3 as an AUv3 instrument within LP4i as I can with Koala. I can use it via the IAA plugin workaround but it is a bit clumsy. Also, the sampler in LP4i is actually pretty nice and underrated.

I am really happy with the workflow. So much in fact that I have ordered a keyboard shortcut overlay for my Magic Keyboard:

https://www.editorskeys.com/en-us/products/logic-pro-ipad-magic-keyboard-covers?syclid=2d2358c1-90d6-49da-a980-068626f51ce7&utm_campaign=order-confirmation-email&utm_content=product&utm_medium=email&utm_source=OrderlyEmails

BM3 sampler is better than logic, so that's 1.
    2 - beatmaker will -never- be an auv3 because it will miss the whole point of it, the integration of the sampler in a daw is second to none on ios and i'd say there isn't a lot of competition on any other platform.
    3 - compare bm3 to logic and logic is hella slow so if you like it, enjoy but it's not my cup of tea.

Agreed.

I have been in BM3 a lot lately, Logic actually drove me back to it.

I stand by my theory that iPads weren’t powerful enough when it was released. Now is the time for it to shine. 🙂

What about Logic drove you back to BM3? Was it the subscription aspect or workflow? I agree about the Ipad horsepower bottleneck! Since I upgraded to an M1 Ipad with 16Gb RAM BM3 has run like a champ and is much more responsive than the underpowered MPC One. One area that I wish BM3 would improve is MIDI file import. Logic kills it in this area. I have thousands of MIDI files which I have collected over the years. Bringing them into Logic for remixing is really fun and easy with Logic and Cubasis for that matter. With BM3 not so much. I hope it does receive some much needed love and attention. It still remains one of my ATF apps. and I have invested a lot of time creating kits and converting libraries via Kitmaker.

If you care to share a midi file and how is it imported in logic, someone might help finding a solution for it in BM3

Sure. Any standard midi file such as those on https://www.midiworld.com/ can be feely downloaded. in Logic I simply drag them to an empty track in Slide Over mode. All of the tracks in the midi file are automatically loaded with the appropriated instruments selected. I can then swap them out with AUv3 instruments, edit the tracks, etc.

Well, it does import the file
    It doesn’t auto load gm instruments though

• So....not dead?

• Whoot/please don't break anything!

• We’ll see (still not changing the thread title)

• @christsinfamie said:

@MrSmileZ said:
    Oooh a sound pack…
    Hahaha smh

And no the op won’t edit the title of the thread, I assure you.

I like bm3, but I don’t have a lot of faith in its devs now that MG is gone. It’s like they don’t know how to code it? Just sus is all.

MG?

Matthew Garcia…

• @MrSmileZ said:
    We’ll see (still not changing the thread title)

Title was kinda wrong in the first place lol but well enough.

• 🤯 wow. We drug this thread in just long enough to see an update 😂

• @bargale said:

@Dham said:

@bargale said:

@Dham said:

@BroCoast said:

@bargale said:

@Dham said:

@bargale said:
    I love how people always come back to say ish about BM3.
    Even without updates it's a killer app for a killer price.
    3+ years after getting it and i got my moneys worth out of it.
    can't say it about a lot of other apps or hardware which are more expensive.

BM3 has long been one of my favorite apps. However, it has now taken a back seat to Logic Pro for Ipad. LP4i is just so smooth and feature packed. I would love to utilize BM3 as an AUv3 instrument within LP4i as I can with Koala. I can use it via the IAA plugin workaround but it is a bit clumsy. Also, the sampler in LP4i is actually pretty nice and underrated.

I am really happy with the workflow. So much in fact that I have ordered a keyboard shortcut overlay for my Magic Keyboard:

https://www.editorskeys.com/en-us/products/logic-pro-ipad-magic-keyboard-covers?syclid=2d2358c1-90d6-49da-a980-068626f51ce7&utm_campaign=order-confirmation-email&utm_content=product&utm_medium=email&utm_source=OrderlyEmails

BM3 sampler is better than logic, so that's 1.
    2 - beatmaker will -never- be an auv3 because it will miss the whole point of it, the integration of the sampler in a daw is second to none on ios and i'd say there isn't a lot of competition on any other platform.
    3 - compare bm3 to logic and logic is hella slow so if you like it, enjoy but it's not my cup of tea.

Agreed.

I have been in BM3 a lot lately, Logic actually drove me back to it.

I stand by my theory that iPads weren’t powerful enough when it was released. Now is the time for it to shine. 🙂

What about Logic drove you back to BM3? Was it the subscription aspect or workflow? I agree about the Ipad horsepower bottleneck! Since I upgraded to an M1 Ipad with 16Gb RAM BM3 has run like a champ and is much more responsive than the underpowered MPC One. One area that I wish BM3 would improve is MIDI file import. Logic kills it in this area. I have thousands of MIDI files which I have collected over the years. Bringing them into Logic for remixing is really fun and easy with Logic and Cubasis for that matter. With BM3 not so much. I hope it does receive some much needed love and attention. It still remains one of my ATF apps. and I have invested a lot of time creating kits and converting libraries via Kitmaker.

If you care to share a midi file and how is it imported in logic, someone might help finding a solution for it in BM3

Sure. Any standard midi file such as those on https://www.midiworld.com/ can be feely downloaded. in Logic I simply drag them to an empty track in Slide Over mode. All of the tracks in the midi file are automatically loaded with the appropriated instruments selected. I can then swap them out with AUv3 instruments, edit the tracks, etc.

Well, it does import the file
    It doesn’t auto load gm instruments though

I've used Jax Midi Module Player https://apps.apple.com/app/id1628626015 as a workaround. It is decent but not as nice as having the function integrated in the DAW. Still, it would be nice to have but not a show stopper. BM3 is still wayyyyy better than my MPC One (IMHO) and much more portable/convenient.

• edited September 2023

User Deleted

• It was a good thread. See you guys in the next one ;)