Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3.4 adding Ableton Link Support and more is available

Comments

• @CapnWillie said:

Thanks. Haven’t used CB3 in awhile. I’m interested to see what impact the SQ setting has overall.

It is the same as 'measurement mode' in some other apps.
    It disables all iOS processing for the built-in speakers and microphone.
    It has no effect what so ever when used with external audio interfaces...

• Many thanks to the Cubasis team (@LFS)!
    This is such a great tool for creating music - no need to look anywhere else.

• I'm currently going through my tracks in Cubasis 3 and
    the only major problem I've encountered so far was with Kauldron
    which has a strange midi implementation which I should message them about.

Samu has highlighted the graphical issues
    and we both have mentioned the midi issue
    for multi timbral auv3's.

Seems pretty solid right now.

• Presumably link makes recording directly from aum into cubasis much easier?

• edited February 2022

@gregsmith said:
    Presumably link makes recording directly from aum into cubasis much easier?

Yup.

I've had AUM, BM3 and Electribe Wave linked to Cubasis 3 today.
    The timing is tight.

Edit.

I will say this.
    Syncing Cubasis 3 on two idevices is fun.

• Reading the detailed change list I’m optimistic that hung note problems I’ve had will be gone. Nice surprise!

• A few of my major gripes was fixed as well, the dreaded missed first note when starting to record with auto quantize turned on among others. These 3 were bugging the heck out of me before and I'm happy to see them fixed.

CBT-2602 Precount settings are now properly transmitted to Audio Unit plug-ins.
    CBT-2843 Resolves a phenomenon where notes at the cycle start are not played or recorded, if auto-quantize is enabled.
    CBT-2561 Solves an issue where the first note is ignored during cycle recording if auto-quantize is activated.

So despite my somewhat naggy tone I'm quite happy with the update!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @winconway said:
    Does Ableton Link work using Repitching of audio, or is it the usual iOS copout of "Time stretch only" ?

It does proper time-stretching of audio.

• @winconway said:

@Samu said:

@winconway said:
    Does Ableton Link work using Repitching of audio, or is it the usual iOS copout of "Time stretch only" ?

It does proper time-stretching of audio.

So the usual copout, no repitching, OK, thanks, saved me wasting money on it ;)

Yeah, I would have loved to see optional old-school re-pitching / tape-stretch too :sunglasses:

• @LFS Thanks for the update! Small request: when using the magic keyboard or a mouse, one cannot scroll through auv3 plugins. It’d be great to be able to scroll through menus using the scroll wheel or two finger scrolling on the trackpad.

Big request: when adding a midi track, it’d be great to import a channel from another session, with all the effects chain, midi routings etc. Creating a complete instrument channel with effects can be a tedious task.

• Not seeing the update on the App Store here on the West Coast (California). Am I missing something? Just updated several apps and Cubasis is not showing an update available. I'm showing I'm on version 3.3.3

• Here’s my question:
    Is there a way to stay within the mixer screen after I add/remove an effect on a track or master track?
    I open the mixer to add an effect I don’t know what part of the screen to close out of the effects view and return to the mixer window, except for tapping the hamburger in the upper left of the app and re-choosing Mixer. This for both iPad and iPhone.
    It is probably obvious and I’ve just never figured it out. I appreciate your help!

• Is it amazing to me that Bluetooth still doesn’t work. Yes, I know it’s not ideal to track with Bluetooth yet it is convenient when you want to do a quick edit late at night while your partner slumbers next to you (not dreaming of Drambo updates and modular setup). Drambo, loopy pro, beatmaker etc. no problems with Bluetooth. Cubasis nothing but static and glitches.

• @Uprightmusic said:
    Not seeing the update on the App Store here on the West Coast (California). Am I missing something? Just updated several apps and Cubasis is not showing an update available. I'm showing I'm on version 3.3.3

California here and updated last night.
    Did you try swiping down on the updates screen?

• @mikewb said:
    Is it amazing to me that Bluetooth still doesn’t work. Yes, I know it’s not ideal to track with Bluetooth yet it is convenient when you want to do a quick edit late at night while your partner slumbers next to you (not dreaming of Drambo updates and modular setup). Drambo, loopy pro, beatmaker etc. no problems with Bluetooth. Cubasis nothing but static and glitches.

I was so excited to see the link update… then your post reminded me why I quit using Cubasis. Bummer

• @mikewb said:
    Is it amazing to me that Bluetooth still doesn’t work. Yes, I know it’s not ideal to track with Bluetooth yet it is convenient when you want to do a quick edit late at night while your partner slumbers next to you (not dreaming of Drambo updates and modular setup). Drambo, loopy pro, beatmaker etc. no problems with Bluetooth. Cubasis nothing but static and glitches.

This works for me (I’ve not updated yet, I’m mid-project and want nothing to break so still on 3.3.3). I have to do it every bloody time I launch but it works. Posted by @LFS in another thread -

You should not experience audio issues when using Bluetooth headphones.
    Please follow these steps:

Please connect your BT headphones to the iPad
    Launch Cubasis and go to Setup/Audio and enable “Bluetooth / AirPlay” by tapping the corresponding button
    If the you encounter any issues, please go to Setup/Project and choose (or reselect) the matching sample rate of your project.

• @ion677 said:
    @LFS Thanks for the update! Small request: when using the magic keyboard or a mouse, one cannot scroll through auv3 plugins. It’d be great to be able to scroll through menus using the scroll wheel or two finger scrolling on the trackpad.

Big request: when adding a midi track, it’d be great to import a channel from another session, with all the effects chain, midi routings etc. Creating a complete instrument channel with effects can be a tedious task.

I think you can just duplicate a midi track and change instrument

• @fattigman said:

@ion677 said:
    @LFS Thanks for the update! Small request: when using the magic keyboard or a mouse, one cannot scroll through auv3 plugins. It’d be great to be able to scroll through menus using the scroll wheel or two finger scrolling on the trackpad.

Sorry I misunderstood, you wrote from another session which is not possible now afaik

• @LFS The 'Pads View' doesn't remember it's size when closed...

...so I have to resize it every time I want to smack on some drums in Cubasis :sunglasses:
    (I do like the 'radial velocity' the pads use, very nice indeed!).

Cheers!

• edited February 2022

@fattigman said:

@ion677 said:

This is an often misunderstood enhancement by many people!

1. You cannot copy a MIDI track from another project and also copy all of the track's settings, FX chain, routings, mixer settings, etc into the current project. Currently not possible in Cubasis.

2. You cannot copy just the selected AU settings or a single FX setting or Mixer/Routing settings from one track to another track that already has its own track settings and without affecting those other existing settings. Duplicating a track duplicates all track settings within the same project. Currently not possible in Cubasis.

3. How can you copy selected/all AU/FX/Routing/Mixer settings from various tracks (merge) to another track that already has its own AUs/FX/Routing/Mixer/etc. settings without affecting the other existing settings? Currently not possible in Cubasis.

4. If you make changes to a track settings (AU/FX/Mixer/Routing/etc) along the way, how can you "sync" those settings to other tracks in the same project or tracks in other projects without manually tweaking those changes redundantly for each track and without affecting other existing settings on the track? Currently not possible in Cubasis.

The only way to perform any of the above actions is to manually setup and tweak each track redundantly which is a tedious process and also barely accurate whereas a copy/paste action can be just a tap's effort. Track templates are also very useful. Why do MANUAL, error-prone, tedious and time-consuming work redundantly when a $1000+ iPad and a $50 app could be automated to do it with electronic accuracy in the blink of an eye with just a tap??

Which is why there are related items in my 170 bugs/suggestions list on Steinberg -

• Track templates
    • Ability to copy/paste "selected/all" track settings from one track to another within the same project or from other projects. This may be just a matter of copying the selected/all settings from the source track, pasting/merging them into the target track and then refreshing/re-rendering the UI.

I requested to vote on these items in the past - sadly, no one did :neutral:

@LFS

• @LFS Here's one 'odd one' for the the developer team...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/52pk12fsv71sah0/onebarchopoff.mp4?dl=0

Looping one bar in Cubasis the beginning of an audio event 'is chopped off'?!
    When looping the same audio event over two bars everything is ok?!
    (It doesn't matter what audio I use, in the example it's frozen drums from SIN V).

Cheers!

• Here is a video I made this morning covering some of the new features in cubasis 3.4.
    I pay particular attention to the MIDI Timestretching, which I think is just great.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Here is a video I made this morning covering some of the new features in cubasis 3.4.
    I pay particular attention to the MIDI Timestretching, which I think is just great.

Hi Doug (@thesoundtestroom),

Thank you very much for your time and support in making this great Cubasis 3.4 clip.
    We are very happy about your ongoing support, wich is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Stay safe and sound
    & best wishes,
    Lars

• @MistaG said:

@mikewb said:

This works for me (I’ve not updated yet, I’m mid-project and want nothing to break so still on 3.3.3). I have to do it every bloody time I launch but it works. Posted by @LFS in another thread -

You should not experience audio issues when using Bluetooth headphones.
    Please follow these steps:

Please connect your BT headphones to the iPad
    Launch Cubasis and go to Setup/Audio and enable “Bluetooth / AirPlay” by tapping the corresponding button
    If the you encounter any issues, please go to Setup/Project and choose (or reselect) the matching sample rate of your project.

Thanks so much for the step by step! The reselecting the sample rate did the trick. I am going to keep testing but this is great news. Stopped using Cubasis because of all the headaches anytime I wanted to use BT headphones. Cheers.

• edited February 2022

@LFS
    In regards to the internal instruments.
    Do they respond to standard CC# messages?
    For instance I would like to reduce the reverb for one of the
    Microsonic instruments using Midi CC 91 which is the standard reverb CC number.
    If it’s not possible is there a way to reduce the reverb by mapping a cc number to reverb?

Edit.

I’ve been using the Envelope release to reduce
    the amount of reverb in the drum samples so far.

• Great update.

I am new to Cubasis so may be doing something wrong.

When I freeze a track with an insert effect (Pro C2) which is a compressor side chained by my Kick drum (Drambo)…

The flattened audio does not render the side chain pumping effect.

Any tips or is this a limitation of some kind?

Thanks

• @Samu said:
    A few of my major gripes was fixed as well, the dreaded missed first note when starting to record with auto quantize turned on among others. These 3 were bugging the heck out of me before and I'm happy to see them fixed.

CBT-2602 Precount settings are now properly transmitted to Audio Unit plug-ins.
    CBT-2843 Resolves a phenomenon where notes at the cycle start are not played or recorded, if auto-quantize is enabled.
    CBT-2561 Solves an issue where the first note is ignored during cycle recording if auto-quantize is activated.

So despite my somewhat naggy tone I'm quite happy with the update!

:) Getting there !