Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3.4 adding Ableton Link Support and more is available

Comments

• @LFS said:

@eross said:
    can Cubasis, it be linked with Cubase Pro on desktop?

Hi @eross,

As of yet, Cubase does not support Ableton Link.

Best,
    Lars

Does that mean it’s coming in the CB12 upgrade? 🤞😁

• Thanks @LFS. Really appreciate the work but also the communication. Well done team...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Thanks @LFS. Really appreciate the work but also the communication. Well done team...

Thanks @JohnnyGoodyear! We hope you will enjoy using the new update!

• LFSLFS
    edited February 2022

Hi all,

Thanks for all the kind comments about the latest Cubasis 3.4 update so far!

Recently, we've released a series of six new clips, where Dom Sigalas demonstrates what you can do with Cubasis more in detail.

In the latest clip released today, Dom shows how easy it works to sync Cubasis with Ableton Link.

Here is the playlist link which houses all individual clips, which are worth to watch in our view:

This is What You Can do with Cubasis

We hope you like the clips!

Thanks
    Lars

• Thank you so much for your work @LFS.

• Great update @LFS Thank the team for their continued dedication and effort on a great iOS DAW.👊🏼™️

• edited February 2022

It’s Always a great day when we get a Cubasis update! 🥳

The chord pads and link addition are very cool! @LFS
    Is there anyway to assign/bind the chord pads over the keyboard/piano to an external midi controller? Also are the note repeat functions midi assignable?

Also I notice the update description mentions mouse support

But I’m still unable to get scrolling to work, maybe I’m doing something wrong?

Thanks again for the continued updates!

• @Samu said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:
    Looks like my Cubasis 3 Workshop stream is going to be running for longer than I thought! 🙂

It will be a 'Never Ending Story' :sunglasses:

Plenty of unnecessary sequels full of pissypanting about! 😂

• Thanks for Ableton Link! Cubasis has won the iOS DAW war, lol.

• edited February 2022

@ipadbeatmaking said:

Is there anyway to assign/bind the chord pads over the keyboard/piano to midi? Also are the note repeat functions midi assignable?

Are you wanting to use the Chords function to play an instrument outside of Cubasis? Not sure i understand the question as the Chord function gets recorded to Midi when played on an auv3 and recorded to the timeline. So i assume it will transmit these notes to an external instrument as well.

Or is it the reverse. Are you wanting to be able to capture progressions from the MPC and record/bind those to the Cubasis Chords in Edit Mode?

• @echoopera said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

Is there anyway to assign/bind the chord pads over the keyboard/piano to midi? Also are the note repeat functions midi assignable?

Are you wanting to use the Chords function to play an instrument outside of Cubasis? Not sure i understand the question as the Chord function gets recorded to Midi when played on an auv3 and recorded to the timeline. So i assume it will transmit these notes to an external instrument as well.

I’m wanting to assign them to be triggered on an external midi controller

• edited February 2022

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@echoopera said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

I’m wanting to assign them to be triggered on an external midi controller

Ahh. Makes sense. Having those Chord Pads played from external midi would be nice. Hopefully they are assignable or learnable soonish. 👊🏼™️

🤨

It would be amazing to have MIDI Learn enabled on these Chord Pads 🥺😉

• Woah! MIDI Time Stretching! Impressive! :)

• Quick post just to say Thanks for the Ableton Link!

• Just in time for my Endlesss jam this weekend - LINK and Stretching and Performance boost, hot hot hot!

• edited February 2022

@LFS

Appreciate the update thanks - I can already tell the multicore processing efficiency has increased, as I've been able to drop the latency down a level on a particularly busy track I'm working on, which previously required increasing due to crackling!

I noticed on the 'Cubasis update is coming' thread, there was quite a lot of interest for MIDI clip cloning/ghosts. Are you able to comment on this at all? Anything in the pipeline?

I can of course work around this, through editing all unique patterns (to maybe layer up a hi-hat sample for example), then copy/pasting back throughout the whole track, but it sure would save me a LOT of time with MIDI clip ghosting!!

• @LFS When using the 'left side piano keys' in piano roll editor to record new notes a new 'Midi Event' is created...

...logically the new notes should be added to the clip that is being edited? (This is the case in most apps/daws I've come across).

This is just a minor thing as the clips can be 'glued' together.

Also some kind of 'visual indication' on the time-line / arranger could be handy when there's overlapping audio & midi events?

One 'long standing' issue is the 'velocity editor' (bottom part of the screen).

It really should respect the 'selection' (if there is one) when using the pen-tool to adjust the velocity values.

This would make it easier to edit the velocities of a selection using the pen tool without fear of trashing the velocities of other note-events that happen to be at the same location.
    (Think drawing a velocity ramp for a snare-drum without affecting the other sounds).

Maybe the pen could have a 'modify selection' mode or something similar?

Also the pen tool is a bit 'buggy' when editing note velocities, like if I start to draw a 'ramp' from say beat 2 and go to beat 1 all the notes after beat 2 get set to the value where I end at on beat 1?!(At the end of the video).

Here's a clip with few of the velocity issues...
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzi6njoxnrdwab6/Cubasis34Velocity.mp4?dl=0

Don't get me wrong I like Cubasis for what it does but as always everything always has room for improvements!
    Cheers!
    /Samuel

• @Samu said:

Also some kind of 'visual indication' on the time-line / arranger could be handy when there's overlapping audio & midi events?

Agreed

• @DanSebPage said:

I noticed on the 'Cubasis update is coming' thread, there was quite a lot of interest for MIDI clip cloning/ghosts. Are you able to comment on this at all? Anything in the pipeline?

I can of course work around this, through editing all unique patterns (to maybe layer up a hi-hat sample for example), then copy/pasting back throughout the whole track, but it sure would save me a LOT of time with MIDI clip ghosting!!

Agreed

• This is huge! Thank you Cubasis Team!

Left a great Appstore Review!

Guys please help the dev team, update your Appstore Reviews. ❤️🙏🎸👍🏼☝️

• This is great..After reading this list, I realize have encountered way more of these bugs in the past than I would have ever expected haha! Exciting news, thanks

@LFS said:
    Cubasis 3.4 Version History

・New Features & General Improvements
    CBT-1662 Ableton Link
    CBT-54 Keyboard chord buttons
    CBT-2741 MIDI time-stretching
    CBT-2345 Multi-core processing on iOS has been drastically improved.
    CBT-2732 Latency setup options have been improved for ease of use.
    CBT-2916 Zoom Panel setup option added for phones.
    CBT-2703 Audiobus SDK updated to V3.0.15
    CBT-138 Playhead scrubbing option added to setup.
    CBT-1895 Arranger, mixer and editor view settings are now properly saved with the project.
    CBT-2206 Mixdown options are now saved with the project.
    CBT-853 Long press on the the left and right locator area allows to move the locator range.
    CBT-2677 Keyboard shortcuts added for rewind/forward reeling (Alt/+/Alt/-).
    CBT-2243 Tapping a track in the arranger now scrolls the mixer to the selected track and vice versa.
    CBT-2845 The range of the keyboard shortcut for horizontal zoom has been increased.
    CBT-1973 Demo songs now have auto-stretched enabled.

・Arrange Window & Inspector
    CBT-2561 Solves an issue where the first note is ignored during cycle recording if auto-quantize is activated.
    CBT-2524 Notepad scrolling on iOS now works as expected again.
    CBT-2662 Routing a MIDI effect track to another track no longer causes double notes.
    CBT-2843 Resolves a phenomenon where notes at the cycle start are not played or recorded, if auto-quantize is enabled.
    CBT-2748 Drag and drop of a MIDI file onto an existing track no longer changes its instrument.
    CBT-2602 Precount settings are now properly transmitted to Audio Unit plug-ins.
    CBT-350 Resolves a problem concerning audible audio artefacts during playback on iPhone 7, iPhone 8 and iPhone X.
    CBT-2191 Switching to another app with background audio enabled no longer leads to audio artefacts during playback.
    CBT-2890 Fixes an issue where the monitoring latency can increase after some time.
    CBT-2672 Paste now only selects the pasted events.
    CBT-1002 Copy and paste buttons now give longer visual feedback.
    CBT-2749 MIDI learn of a button that sends CC as R/W now works as expected.
    CBT-2688 Resolves a phenomenon where recorded audio isn't played back if MIDI tracks are record-enabled.
    CBT-2779 Fixes a rare issue where deleting the first track can render Cubasis unreliable.
    CBT-1247 Resolves a serious problem where frequently using undo can render Cubasis unreliable.
    CBT-2765 The states of certain Audio Unit plug-ins are now saved properly, preventing a parameter reset.
    CBT-2603 Vertical inspector scrolling is now locked when moving a slider.
    CBT-2699 Resolves a rare issue where the rewind button did not work.
    CBT-2735 Cancelling track freeze no longer leads to soloed track playback.
    CBT-1260 Fixes an issue where loading different projects can randomly lead to empty audio events.
    CBT-314 Changing audio event volumes via the middle event handle is now immediately applied during playback.
    CBT-2640 Resolves a problem where Micrologue ARP loses sync during cycle playback.
    CBT-2548 MIDI file import of CC data that doesn't start at the beginning of the song now works as expected.
    CBT-2752 Notepad now properly shows the lowest lines of text.
    CBT-1018 Resolves a problem where audio continues to play after undo removed the actual event.
    CBT-1239 Muting an audio event is now applied during playback in real-time.
    CBT-756 Shortening an audio event's length during playback no longer leads to audio artefacts.
    CBT-2383 Resolves a rare problem where the recording spinning wheel remains in stop and playback mode.
    CBT-1149 Resolves a problem where moving or resizing a MIDI event can lead to silence.
    CBT-317 Fade-in/out handle changes are now audible in real-time.
    CBT-40 Resolves a problem with hanging notes when unmuting a MIDI event.
    CBT-1257 Unmuting a MIDI track no longer results in playback of previous notes.
    CBT-1226 Fixes a rare issue where unsoloing an audio track can lead to a loud noise burst.
    CBT-2319 Unsoloing a track in stop mode no longer leads to playback of buffered audio.
    CBT-2837 Fixes a problem where stopping the playback can lead to hanging notes.
    CBT-2850 Disabling record-enable during recording no longer leads to a hanging spinning wheel.
    CBT-2032 Using redo in specific situations no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
    CBT-2976 The performance of moving an event in a project containing many events has been improved.
    CBT-1035 Notes of events on a MIDI track are now vertically positioned correctly in relation to each other.
    CBT-2696 Resolves a rare issue where very long sessions could render Cubasis unreliable.

・MediaBay
    CBT-2861 Resolves a phenomenon, where loading specific projects can render Cubasis unreliable.
    CBT-2683 Resolves a problem, where importing a Cubasis 2 project can render the app unreliable.
    CBT-1960 Resolves a rare problem, where loading a project or opening the MediaBay can render Cubasis unreliable.
    CBT-2724 Resolves a problem where choosing an existing project's name when renaming can cause damaged projects.
    CBT-2255 Restored projects will no longer be damaged if a project with the same name already exists.
    CBT-2814 Fixes an issue, where auto-save does not work when sharing a project.
    CBT-2682 Creating a MIDI mixdown of a multi-track project with soloed tracks now works as expected.
    CBT-1945 MediaBay sorting by date now works as expected.
    CBT-1126 Cancelling a mixdown no longer leads to playback of audio snippets.
    CBT-1788 Mixdown between locators no longer leads to playback of audio snippets.
    CBT-2937 The user is now informed when trying to email a project without an email account.
    CBT-2744 Fixes an issue on some Android devices where mixdown files could not be accessed.

・Time-stretching
    CBT-1205 Changing tempo of a project which contains auto-stretched audio events no longer pauses playback.
    CBT-2360 Time-stretched events no longer lead to DSP peaks at cycle points.
    CBT-2132 Fixes an issue where playing back time-stretched audio files can lead to audible artefacts.
    CBT-2801 Fixes a serious issue where changing the tempo of a project containing time-stretched events can lead to unwanted audio event changes.

・Instruments and Effects
    CBT-2027 Holding a Micrologue note during a cycle point no longer leads to audio crackling.
    CBT-2668 Closing the note repeat panel now turns note repeat off.
    CBT-2116 MIDI effect automation now works as expected.
    CBT-2827 Waves and Audio Unit plug-in settings are now properly saved when closing Cubasis.
    CBT-1992 Rearranging MIDI effects on iPhone now works as expected.
    CBT-2727 Fixes a problem where moving an Audio Unit effect can lead to a change in sound.
    CBT-2615 Using the Tape Delay feedback control now works as expected.
    CBT-2767 Fixes an issue where some Audio Unit MIDI effects don't trigger sound if the playhead is at the beginning of the song.
    CBT-2691 Pressing F3 having Microsonic Ooh Choirs loaded no longer leads to hanging notes.
    CBT-1071 MIDI panic now also works for instruments on muted tracks.
    CBT-2686 Fixes an issue where mixdown of Micrologue automation results in audible artefacts.
    CBT-2649 Fixes an issue on some iPads where a pink background was visible when resizing Waves plug-ins.
    CBT-2751 Freezing empty tracks where only an Audio Unit effect plug-in generates sound is now possible.
    CBT-2889 Resolves an issue where using Micrologue and certain effects could render Cubasis unreliable.
    CBT-2697 Resolves an issue where some notes of certain Microsonic instruments had audible artefacts on Chrome OS.

・Editors
    CBT-2679 MIDI editor and zoom scroll positions of events are now saved with the project.
    CBT-2904 Resolves a problem where automation of some Audio Unit parameters is not played back.
    CBT-2968 Fixes a rare issue in the audio editor where the right locator disappears and edits are ignored.
    CBT-2836 Fixes a rare issue where mute automation could render Cubasis unreliable.

・Miscellaneous
    CBT-2279 Resolves a problem where the use of Audio Engine Latency (Guard Buffer) can lead to unwanted monitoring delays.
    CBT-2698 Resolves a rare problem where changing the Audio Engine Latency settings can render Cubasis unreliable.
    CBT-2058 Using recording offset calibration no longer increases monitoring and MIDI input latency.
    CBT-2317 MIDI clock song position calculation has been fixed, when sending a song position MIDI message.
    CBT-2746 Temporary files are now properly deleted at app launch.
    CBT-2971 Resolves a rare issue where Cubasis can render unreliable when closing the app.
    CBT-1959 Fixes an issue on Android where purchasing Micrologue ARP can render Cubasis unreliable.

• Putting together songs is so fast with Ableton link, multiple devices… ok.. off to learn automation..

Thank you..

• @CapnWillie said:
    Adding BM3 via IAA causes Cubasis to freeze.

I managed to do it this morning OK by running BM3 first and then adding it to CB3.

• @CapnWillie said:

Sometimes if I add an AUv3 synth and use its own keyboard it lowers the audio of the other tracks. I can’t reproduce it every time. Most often happens with Animoog Z

If you're using the built-in speaker it could be the iOS/iPadOS built-in limiter that kicks in...
    One way to avoid this is to enable the 'Studio Quality' setting in Cubasis but that will lower the overall volume of the speakers.

• edited February 2022

Damn, what an update. Thanks @LFS! I am very glad to see those audio snippets go. It’s easy to see why Cubasis3 is going to be or already is the best DAW of its kind. It’s not just the app but the frequency and detail of the updates!

Now, my long time request to have the channels displayed simultaneously with an instrument or fx above it. You can only get two apps displayed now.. Any possibility of that, Lars?

• Fantastic!
    Thanks 👌🏼

• so with the midi updates. is there a way to quickly paint in 1/8 notes or 16th notes across a bar, instead of entering them all individually? i’ve seen it done in other DAW’s by just drawing a line across the grid. just curious if this one can too ?

• @LFS time for a 'nit pick, attention to detail' reminder post...

The built-in effects have in their initial state pretty weird display of values that do not even match the parameter.

The 'enancer' as an example starts with all values at 9db...

After a bit of tweaking...

The limiter starts with 'release time' set to -4db?!?

The Reverb starts with Reverb time set to 50% (it should be time no?

After tweaking the time shows up...

The Limiters input level meter is just bonkers when it comes to showing the actual input level?!(It flashes and sometimes shows -200db like huh? :sunglasses:

These are just a few of them...
    ...I don't recall seeing these things in the previous versions of Cubasis.

Cheers!

• wimwim
    edited February 2022

@CapnWillie said:
    Adding BM3 via IAA causes Cubasis to freeze.

It'll work if you start BM3 first outside of Cubasis. At least it does for me. This is true for BM3 with all hosts I've tried it in.

• So is there a definite list of which devices profit from the multithreading? Should I enable it on an iPad mini 5?