Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS Apps That Should Be Released in 2022?

Comments

• edited January 2022

Shaperbox 2 or something similar would be so dope.

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Scaler 3 for iOS.

Looks like we’re close…

Awesome news glad you reached out. Within the first 3 months of 2022.

• @ChancedMusic said:
    My current wishlist:

1. Drum machine from @ka010
    2. Pure Acid esque groovebox from @brambos with Ruismaker Noir and Mononoke influence
    3. Pure Acid with 808 instead of 909 and sub bass instead of acid bass from @jimpavloff

You need to explore Pure Acid a little more:

• edited January 2022

Whoot! Did I just see audio clips on a timeline? ;)

• iK multimedia Modo drum

• @Poppadocrock said:

Bleass has Motion FX which is pretty close

• @u0421793 said:
    No more apps, please

Interesting comment though it sorta comes across as a thread killer :D Is it that you have a laser focus on existing apps being reliably developed/maintained? You’d rather master the apps you have without being distracted by new candy? I kinda understand both of these; when well worn apps are discarded it can be frustrating plus I’ve mastered only a few apps out of dozens I’ve bought. You’ve gotta admit though, it would be a dull scene with no fresh innovation… and the pace of innovation when it comes to the iOS ecosystem is a wonder in itself. Definitely a good thing IMHO.

• edited January 2022

@Svetlovska said:
    ****> @j_liljedahl said:

@Svetlovska said:
    A wish, not a rumour. But such a long, long standing and oft-repeated wish…

…Do it as integral upgrade, in-app IAP, or third party AUV3, any which way, and pretty much at any price, I’d pay it - but: give me some flexible, tightly integrated way to automate AUMs faders dials and buttons. Just that.

Been asking for it forever, it would truly be a GAME CHANGER!!! (Yes,I know about the 4Pockets thing, I’ve got it, but it is too rigid and adds complexity, I want something that can be switched in and out as easily and organically as any other channel element in AUM.)

…but: @j_liljedahl has made it very clear to me on several occasions that he has no appetite for doing this.

That's not true. Why are you saying that? I have big plans for future add-ons to AUM, where this is one of them.

Hi Jonatan. Happy (very happy!) to be corrected if you now feel differently, and I have always been a major fan of your work, so no disrespect or slight was intended, and if I gave offence, I apologise.

But if I recall correctly, on at least two distinct occasions over the last couple of years I corresponded with you directly on your website on this issue, and on each occasion you told me that the idea did not currently interest you, because you did not want to turn AUM into a DAW, which is what you felt adding such functionality would inevitably entail. I believe the phrase ‘feature bloat’ was used.

No worries. But as you see in that quote, I'm not saying definitely no, but rather that I would like to do it, but that it's a very long term project. I also said that an automation timeline would not be doable as AUv3. However, now I have some ideas for how to overcome that (or I could simply make it as an IAP).

Addendum: I wonder if the open source MIDI Tape Recorder:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/48441/midi-tape-recorder-released-sample-accurate-mpe-free-and-open-source

might be able to do some of the behind the scenes heavy lifting in coding an editable timeline just for the cc’s running the faders buttons etc? MIDILFOs already works with AUM to actually switch things on and off, move faders etc. If only this functionality, and live input from the faders etc could be recorded to ‘MIDI Tape’ we’d be halfway there, and I’d be happy to dump out the captured midi to something like Atom for editing. Bit of a kludge, but it just might work…

I think there already exists AUv3 plugins with editable CC automations?
    What I want when/if I make this, it will not go via MIDI mappings but simply allow you to choose any available parameter directly.

• edited January 2022

@j_liljedahl : wow, that is excellent news! (Turned out the wish has now become an official rumour after all! :) )

I’m all in with AUM for the long haul, so I’ll stop hassling you about it and just practice zen levels of patience instead.

And yes, of course, you should do it as IAP - I would gladly pay for the added functionality, as editable capture and automation of AUM parameters is literally the only thing, now that Loopy Pro is also a thing, that I need for my particular workflow to be able to stay away permanently from the desktop.

Yes, the 4pockets thing does, sort-of, allow automation of AUM, but it is very fixed in it’s implementation, with only a couple of fixed multichannel templates. Clever, but geared more I think to regular song makers who will always need a bass, some drums, a lead, etc.

I tend to add and delete channels on the fly as a piece develops, and never in the same way twice, leveraging AUMs marvellous flexibility, so that rigid template stuff really doesn’t cut it for me.

Tight integration into the existing, open ended AUM workflow, though…!

…In fact, such an upgrade would certainly tip my next platform purchase definitively towards an M1 IPad Pro and away from the MacBook I had been considering as a grudging second best.

Can’t promise I won’t message bomb you with feature requests for the new functionality should it arrive, mind… ;) (kicking off with state snapshots you can automatically fade between :) )

Finally, could I also commend to you the live-recordable Cubasis/Ableton-style automation ‘graphs’ as a good intuitive and interactive model for allowing fine grain iterative tweaking of elements of a scene/mix on successive, looping run throughs as the whole piece plays?

There. I’ll stop now.

Honest.

:)

• @jolico said:

@ChancedMusic said:
    My current wishlist:

1. Drum machine from @ka010
    2. Pure Acid esque groovebox from @brambos with Ruismaker Noir and Mononoke influence
    3. Pure Acid with 808 instead of 909 and sub bass instead of acid bass from @jimpavloff

You need to explore Pure Acid a little more:

Well I definitely feel dumb for not realizing that’s what those numbers were. The sub bass aspect is really the kicker here. And thinking about it, 808 drums aren’t really what I’d be looking for. I’d want an small assortment of modern rap drum samples.

• @KirbyMumbo said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Bleass has Motion FX which is pretty close

Yea I do have and love that app. I don’t have shaperbox 2 but I’ve seen a few videos, and I love the idea of drawing in the amount and the automation.

• I’m just pulling for @j_liljedahl to be able to release his AU3PeakQ…

• @mjcouche said:
    I’m just pulling for @j_liljedahl to be able to release his AU3PeakQ…

It's coming out right after SECTOR AUv3 :)

• A couple months ago, I heard one of the BLEASS folks mention on a podcast interview that they were working on an FM synth. Excited to see what they've got planned!

• @mjcouche said:

It's finished and uploaded, and rejected 5 times by App Review because the container app doesn't do anything. During the same period of time, other devs has released plugins where the container app doesn't do anything either and it was fine. :(

• @j_liljedahl said:

It's finished and uploaded, and rejected 5 times by App Review because the container app doesn't do anything. During the same period of time, other devs has released plugins where the container app doesn't do anything either and it was fine. :(

That is just nuts, upload again until you get a reviewer that 'gets it' and refer to apps that have already passed the review including some of yours and ask why those 'got thru'. There must be some kind of 'logic error' in the review process...

• @Samu said:

@j_liljedahl said:

That is just nuts, upload again until you get a reviewer that 'gets it' and refer to apps that have already passed the review including some of yours and ask why those 'got thru'. There must be some kind of 'logic error' in the review process...

Whenever people are involved in a process, that process will yield inconsistent results. It’s not perfect, but it’s the best they have.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@mjcouche said:

Is it possible for devs to just throw in a cheap tic tac toe game as a sort of joke/ loophole to get it through?

• are any apps being released this week? I still have some itunes credits leftover from christmas.

• Any news on AU3FX PeakQ? I’m trying to be anxiously patient.

• Aside from the creative aspects to produce and jam with many great apps I simply love all in one mastering apps.
    Something like Tonal Balance Control from Izotope would be awesome to have on IOS.
    It would narrow the gateway to move projects over to Mac.

• @Bob said:
    Aside from the creative aspects to produce and jam with many great apps I simply love all in one mastering apps.
    Something like Tonal Balance Control from Izotope would be awesome to have on IOS.

+1 to Izotope on iOS, particularly the Ozone mastering suite

• @Bob said:
    Aside from the creative aspects to produce and jam with many great apps I simply love all in one mastering apps.

I LOVE Tonal Balance Control. I now just output my iPad audio into a laptop on the side that just runs TBC. Works!

• @NoiseHorse said:
    Any news on AU3FX PeakQ? I’m trying to be anxiously patient.

Developer posted somewhere in this forum that it has been submitted several times but has unfortunately been rejected for dumb apple reasons that don’t make sense. So it should be very soon.

• @AudioGus said:

@Bob said:

I LOVE Tonal Balance Control. I now just output my iPad audio into a laptop on the side that just runs TBC. Works!

I would love this. All the “all in one” mastering apps are old, haven’t been updated in awhile, etc..

• @Poppadocrock said:

@NoiseHorse said:
    Any news on AU3FX PeakQ? I’m trying to be anxiously patient.

Developer posted somewhere in this forum that it has been submitted several times but has unfortunately been rejected for dumb apple reasons that don’t make sense. So it should be very soon.

Oops, lol, I just read up a few comments and realized that was this thread. My bad, lol.

• edited January 2022

@Poppadocrock said:

@AudioGus said:

@Bob said:

I would love this. All the “all in one” mastering apps are old, haven’t been updated in awhile, etc..

TBC isn't really an 'all in one' though so much as it is just a visualizer based on a tonal 'safe range' of sorts.

• Hoping to get some of these Desktop Vst's ported to IOS. FINGERS CROSSED 🤞🏾

• I need an equivalent of the Simpler instrument in Ableton. Straightforward and simple. I dig the combination of Simpler and an note Arpeggio to create Glitchy stuff :)

• @Identor said:
    I need an equivalent of the Simpler instrument in Ableton. Straightforward and simple. I dig the combination of Simpler and an note Arpeggio to create Glitchy stuff :)

You can do that with Elliot garage Segments or neon audio editor and a randomised arp..