Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro Questions

Comments

• Do we know if drag and drop on to the timeline or sequence view is on the road map??

Thanks!!

• @onerez said:
    Do we know if drag and drop on to the timeline or sequence view is on the road map??

Thanks!!

At least not here:

https://loopypro.com/manual/#roadmap

• @onerez said:
    Do we know if drag and drop on to the timeline or sequence view is on the road map??

Thanks!!

The known near-term roadmap is in the manual.

• I'm having problems with the sequencer. I wanted to record my loops directly to the timeline so I laid out the structure of the song using empty loops before recording, but when I play back my performance, the loops play randomly and don't follow my sequence. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

• @sonorafilms said:
    I'm having problems with the sequencer. I wanted to record my loops directly to the timeline so I laid out the structure of the song using empty loops before recording, but when I play back my performance, the loops play randomly and don't follow my sequence. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Please post a video demonstration and maybe a copy of your project. There isn’t enough detail in your message to know what might be going on.

• @espiegel123 said:

@sonorafilms said:
    I'm having problems with the sequencer. I wanted to record my loops directly to the timeline so I laid out the structure of the song using empty loops before recording, but when I play back my performance, the loops play randomly and don't follow my sequence. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Please post a video demonstration and maybe a copy of your project. There isn’t enough detail in your message to know what might be going

In this clip the loops don’t follow the sequence and everything gets out of sync.

• @sonorafilms said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sonorafilms said:

Please post a video demonstration and maybe a copy of your project. There isn’t enough detail in your message to know what might be going

In this clip the loops don’t follow the sequence and everything gets out of sync.

Can you zip up the project band put it somewhere where @michael can download it from?

Does the problem only happen if the timeline is set to loop? Do any of the loops have follow action or midi triggers that might be firing?

• @espiegel123 said:

@sonorafilms said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sonorafilms said:

Can you zip up the project band put it somewhere where @michael can download it from?

Does the problem only happen if the timeline is set to loop? Do any of the loops have follow action or midi triggers that might be firing?

Could it be something to do with the orange loops ? Looks like they’re only 2.75 bars...

• edited January 2022

@espiegel123 said:

@sonorafilms said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sonorafilms said:

It is a pretty simple project, no follow actions, no widgets or midi triggers. With the loop switch set to off I get similar results.

• @Halftone said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sonorafilms said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sonorafilms said:

Could it be something to do with the orange loops ? Looks like they’re only 2.75 bars...

• @espiegel123 said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@wim said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    any workarounds or any ways I can have up / down scene widget?
    Maybe it’s a feature request

Do you mean pages? There are switch to previous/next page actions available for widgets or actions. I use one with swipe-left for previous page, swipe-right for next page, and long-press to copy a page.

I didn’t mean pages but scenes as in row of clips (like scenes in Ableton)

Would like to set 1 widget to up and another to go down

The way to do it would be to make each row a group set to play all in the group when triggered. you could then set up actions to select the next clip down. combine that with a play action and maybe other stuff and I think you would be able to do it

At the moment the squares “scene” on the right got to trigger the group raw.
    Is the follow action not available for those squares?

Could figure out yet how to do but I’ll try more.

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@wim said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

Do you mean pages? There are switch to previous/next page actions available for widgets or actions. I use one with swipe-left for previous page, swipe-right for next page, and long-press to copy a page.

The way to do it would be to make each row a group set to play all in the group when triggered. you could then set up actions to select the next clip down. combine that with a play action and maybe other stuff and I think you would be able to do it

Follow actions apply to clips. Those things that say scene are button widgets. Take a look at them in the layout editor to see the actions they trigger. They are just buttons that tell a number of clips to play.

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@wim said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

If I understand what you want correctly then the attached template should serve as an example.

• Each row of clips is in a group that is set to play all clips in that group together. Each group is set to stop all other groups when it is playing.
    • The Scene buttons first select the first clip of the group, then play the selected clip (thus starting the whole group).
    • The Next button first selects the clip below the selected clip, then plays it (and the group)
    • The Previous button does the same but for the clip above
    • Stop All stops all clips.

Check the actions on the buttons, and also the play groups to see how they're specifically set up

• Humm ... that Stop All button is acting a little weird. You might want to remove that one if it gives you trouble.

• edited January 2022

@wim said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@wim said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

If I understand what you want correctly then the attached template should serve as an example.

• Each row of clips is in a group that is set to play all clips in that group together. Each group is set to stop all other groups when it is playing.
    • The Scene buttons first select the first clip of the group, then play the selected clip (thus starting the whole group).
    • The Next button first selects the clip below the selected clip, then plays it (and the group)
    • The Previous button does the same but for the clip above
    • Stop All stops all clips.

Check the actions on the buttons, and also the play groups to see how they're specifically set up

Is it possible to see this project in action.. seems it can do snapshots (screen buttons)… This may help make iOS the ultimate Music/Song Creation ‘tool..

Will love to see Sample Key detection and Transpose key (and scale) of the entire project (Blocs/Launchpad app, etc)

Nice..

• @sonorafilms said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sonorafilms said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sonorafilms said:

It is a pretty simple project, no follow actions, no widgets or midi triggers. With the loop switch set to off I get similar results.

I thought you were supposed to hit the rec button to record directly to the timeline. It turns out you just have to arm the tracks and press play. The sequencer was recording overlapped loops and that was causing the problem. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not.

• @sonorafilms said:

@sonorafilms said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sonorafilms said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sonorafilms said:

I thought you were supposed to hit the rec button to record directly to the timeline. It turns out you just have to arm the tracks and press play. The sequencer was recording overlapped loops and that was causing the problem. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not.

Hmmmmm. Maybe I have been doing this wrong as well? Where do you ARM the tracks at? Are you saying just arm them and hit play in sequence view?

• @onerez said:

@sonorafilms said:

@sonorafilms said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sonorafilms said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sonorafilms said:

Hmmmmm. Maybe I have been doing this wrong as well? Where do you ARM the tracks at? Are you saying just arm them and hit play in sequence view?

The arm button appears when you create empty events in the timeline. If you tap the arm button you can set the duration, count-in, loop detection, etc

• @sonorafilms said:

@onerez said:

@sonorafilms said:

@sonorafilms said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sonorafilms said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sonorafilms said:

The arm button appears when you create empty events in the timeline. If you tap the arm button you can set the duration, count-in, loop detection, etc

Well crap….. I just found out if I double tap the timeline my recorded loops are already there. Hmmmm. Find out more and more every day!!! Thanks.

• Repost from other Loopy Pro thread: Hey guys, I wasn’t able to find anything through forums search, but is there any talk of QWERTY keyboard shortcuts?

Also, I’m currently testing the beta sidecar. Wonder if anyones paired it with Loopy Pro yet. :wink:

• @onerez said:

@sonorafilms said:

@onerez said:

@sonorafilms said:

@sonorafilms said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sonorafilms said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sonorafilms said:

Well crap….. I just found out if I double tap the timeline my recorded loops are already there. Hmmmm. Find out more and more every day!!! Thanks.

If you have loops on your donuts you can sequence them in the timeline by tapping. You can also create empty events, record directly to the timeline and that way you can forget about punching in and out

• @Kites said:
    Repost from other Loopy Pro thread: Hey guys, I wasn’t able to find anything through forums search, but is there any talk of QWERTY keyboard shortcuts?

Also, I’m currently testing the beta sidecar. Wonder if anyones paired it with Loopy Pro yet. :wink:

This would be awesome as I use my magic keyboard in Cubasis and AUM all the time!!!!!

• tjatja
    edited January 2022

I noticed two Loopy Pro MIDI targets in AUM:

One is a MIDI processor, the other a MIDI instrument.

The processor may be for controlling Loopy with an external controller?

But for what can the MIDI instruments be used?

Normally, a MIDI instrument is something like an Synth and a MID generator something like Suggester, Xequences Pads, or a onscreen keyboard.
    Or?

• @tja said:
    I noticed two Loopy Pro MIDI targets in AUM:

One is a MIDI processor, the other a MIDI instrument.

The processor may be for controlling Loopy with an external controller?

But for what can the MIDI instruments be used?

Normally, a MIDI instrument is something like Suggester, Xequences Pads, or a onscreen keyboard.

You can send and receive midi in loopy. You can even create layouts that just have buttons and sliders that send and receive midi .. which is handy for creating control surfaces.

• For example, this layout:

• Oh, many thanks, @espiegel123
    I did not yet explore that... the manual is not finished 😅😅😅

So LP can act as MIDI controller and be controlled by an external controller.
    I re-read the AUM manual:

https://kymatica.com/aum/help#toc72

The difference between the types of plugins shown below the plugin names, is that Instruments and Music Effects can receive direct MIDI from the host (AUM in this case) without going through a separate Virtual MIDI port, while Generators and Effects does not have this ability.

MIDI processors are available only in the MIDI strips, and does not process audio signals but can receive and transmit MIDI.

So the processor can both receive and send MIDI within a MIDI strip.

And the instrument can receive MIDI from the host.

Need to wait for an explanation in the LP manual 😅

• @tja said:
    Oh, many thanks, @espiegel123

The difference between the types of plugins shown below the plugin names, is that Instruments and Music Effects can receive direct MIDI from the host (AUM in this case) without going through a separate Virtual MIDI port, while Generators and Effects does not have this ability.

MIDI processors are available only in the MIDI strips, and does not process audio signals but can receive and transmit MIDI.

What do you need explained? You can add buttons and sliders that send midi. This is in the manual. Take a look at the actions and widgets sections.

• @espiegel123 said:

@tja said:

What do you need explained? You can add buttons and sliders that send midi. This is in the manual. Take a look at the actions and widgets sections.

I just don't understand the practical difference between the instrument and the processor.
    Which is used for what?

• wimwim
    edited January 2022

@RajahP said:
    Is it possible to see this project in action.. seems it can do snapshots (screen buttons)… This may help make iOS the ultimate Music/Song Creation ‘tool..

The project is attached to the original post. If you want to see it in action then all you need to do is load it up.

• @tja said:

@espiegel123 said:

@tja said:

I just don't understand the practical difference between the instrument and the processor.
    Which is used for what?

you can use loopy to just send and receive midi using buttons and sliders and do no audio. in the picture i posted in response to you loopy is being used to send cc's and notes from my phone to remote control an app on my ipad . If that doesn't make sense, it may simply be a use-case that isn't relevant to you.

This discussion has been closed.