Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro Questions

Let's use this thread for people to post "how do you do that" type questions. It'll be useful to know what sorts of tutorials would be useful (hint, hint to those of you who can make some quick helpful demos) and will be useful in beefing up the Loopy Pro related pages on the Audiobus Forum wiki:

https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=tag:loopy_pro&do=showtag&tag=loopy_pro

Also: take a look at the wiki if you have questions. They may already be answered. @tja posted a handy PDF there with screens from the built-in tutorial.

«13456724

Comments

  • How about a walk thru of recording a performance from the loop grid into the timeline and some timeline editing basics Having used ableton I understand the basics but a video of some of that would be cool!

  • Loopy Pro on iPad shows AUv3 apps and FX’es. On my iPhone it does not… just the FX built into Loopy Pro. Is that to be expected?

  • @McD said:
    Loopy Pro on iPad shows AUv3 apps and FX’es. On my iPhone it does not… just the FX built into Loopy Pro. Is that to be expected?

    It is, if Loopy Pro is the only music app on your iPhone. 🤓

  • McDMcD
    edited December 2021

    @ervin said:

    @McD said:
    Loopy Pro on iPad shows AUv3 apps and FX’es. On my iPhone it does not… just the FX built into Loopy Pro. Is that to be expected?

    It is, if Loopy Pro is the only music app on your iPhone. 🤓

    All iPhone capable apps are auto-installed on my iPhone so I will reboot and look again.

    AUM just told me to reboot to see AUv3 extensions.

  • wimwim
    edited December 2021

    @McD said:
    Loopy Pro on iPad shows AUv3 apps and FX’es. On my iPhone it does not… just the FX built into Loopy Pro. Is that to be expected?

    In Standalone? Or were you loading LP in AUM or another host. It won't show AUv3 apps if loaded into a host.
    [edit] I just saw your post above. Sounds like you got hit with the "missing AUv3s" iOS bug. Reboot should fix it.

  • @McD said:

    @ervin said:

    @McD said:
    Loopy Pro on iPad shows AUv3 apps and FX’es. On my iPhone it does not… just the FX built into Loopy Pro. Is that to be expected?

    It is, if Loopy Pro is the only music app on your iPhone. 🤓

    All iPhone capable apps are auto-installed on my iPhone so I will reboot and look again.

    AUM just told me to reboot to see AUv3 extensions.

    Most of the time, you need to start each App once, before thr AU will be available!
    At devices with auto-installation, that never happens.

  • Rebooted iPhone and all AUv3 apps are listing. I tried Enso and Gauss to loop loops… what pro’s call a loop de loop. The UI for them was small but sideways (landscape mode) helped. Couldn’t get a loop de loop going before I had to quit.

  • @McD said:
    Loopy Pro on iPad shows AUv3 apps and FX’es. On my iPhone it does not… just the FX built into Loopy Pro. Is that to be expected?

    Operation on the iphone and ipad is the same. Do the AU show up in Audiobus or AUM

  • Just got it - sounding nice.. my seven day clock is ticking! 😮 Erm.. how do you configure the doughnuts so that in a column the one you have tapped next will start that one playing as the previous one completes (and stops) - like Launchpad or Remix Live?

  • @robosardine said:
    Just got it - sounding nice.. my seven day clock is ticking! 😮 Erm.. how do you configure the doughnuts so that in a column the one you have tapped next will start that one playing as the previous one completes (and stops) - like Launchpad or Remix Live?

    In the Editor, draw a selection over all relevant Donuts and group them.
    The groups can be configured to just play only one of them at any time!

  • @robosardine said:
    Just got it - sounding nice.. my seven day clock is ticking! 😮 Erm.. how do you configure the doughnuts so that in a column the one you have tapped next will start that one playing as the previous one completes (and stops) - like Launchpad or Remix Live?

    I'll add something about this to the wiki. In the meantime, there are several ways.

    For most of them, you will want to set the play/stop quantization to Loop.

    one way is to make all the donuts in the column into a group and set it to play only one at a time.

    another way is to tap the playing donut to stop and the one you want to start next.

    if you make your column all the same color, you can define a gesture (even tap) to solo and set the context to color. it will ensure that only one donut of a color plays at a time. so, if a red donut is playing and you cue up another red donut, the new one will stop the old one when it starts playing.

  • If someone could make a video detailing MIDI foot controller settings. That would be awesome.
    Also. is there some knowledge to be shared about ways to gradually fade a repeating loop out which is known in some hardware loopers as Loop Aging or Feedback Decay? It is easy to accomplish in Quantiloop using loop decay.
    I am interested in using Loopy pro as the ultimate guitar looper setup. Mobius used to be the one for that but hauling around a PC is less than optimal.

  • @BladeRunner said:
    If someone could make a video detailing MIDI foot controller settings. That would be awesome.
    Also. is there some knowledge to be shared about ways to gradually fade a repeating loop out which is known in some hardware loopers as Loop Aging or Feedback Decay? It is easy to accomplish in Quantiloop using loop decay.
    I am interested in using Loopy pro as the ultimate guitar looper setup. Mobius used to be the one for that but hauling around a PC is less than optimal.

    What about setting up a foot controller do you have a question about?

    Feedback decay isn't implemented. It is one of the features coming soon. See https://loopypro.com/manual/#roadmap

  • edited December 2021

    @BladeRunner said:
    I am interested in using Loopy pro as the ultimate guitar looper setup. Mobius used to be the one for that but hauling around a PC is less than optimal.

    Most of the features in Mobius aren’t yet available in LP, though most of them are on the short-term development list. If you weren’t using a lot of the more advanced Mobius features, though, LP may be pretty good for you out of the gate.

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @BladeRunner said:
    If someone could make a video detailing MIDI foot controller settings. That would be awesome.
    Also. is there some knowledge to be shared about ways to gradually fade a repeating loop out which is known in some hardware loopers as Loop Aging or Feedback Decay? It is easy to accomplish in Quantiloop using loop decay.
    I am interested in using Loopy pro as the ultimate guitar looper setup. Mobius used to be the one for that but hauling around a PC is less than optimal.

    What about setting up a foot controller do you have a question about?

    Feedback decay isn't implemented. It is one of the features coming soon. See https://loopypro.com/manual/#roadmap

    I use the learn function and it sees my pedals CC message and saves it but nothing happens when I try so use the command.
    Man....this looper has so many innovations and advanced settings I cannot believe that Mike never incorporated feedback decay out of the box.
    I still never actually purchased the app. Still sitting on the fence....cheapy cheapy is what they called me in Mexico...LOL.
    Anyhow, thanks for the info!

  • @celtic_elk said:

    @BladeRunner said:
    I am interested in using Loopy pro as the ultimate guitar looper setup. Mobius used to be the one for that but hauling around a PC is less than optimal.

    Most of the features in Mobius aren’t yet available in LP, though most of them are on the short-term development list. If you weren’t using a lot of the more advanced Mobius features, though, LP may be pretty good for you out of the gate.

    Muchos Gracious.

  • @BladeRunner said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @BladeRunner said:
    If someone could make a video detailing MIDI foot controller settings. That would be awesome.
    Also. is there some knowledge to be shared about ways to gradually fade a repeating loop out which is known in some hardware loopers as Loop Aging or Feedback Decay? It is easy to accomplish in Quantiloop using loop decay.
    I am interested in using Loopy pro as the ultimate guitar looper setup. Mobius used to be the one for that but hauling around a PC is less than optimal.

    What about setting up a foot controller do you have a question about?

    Feedback decay isn't implemented. It is one of the features coming soon. See https://loopypro.com/manual/#roadmap

    I use the learn function and it sees my pedals CC message and saves it but nothing happens when I try so use the command.
    Man....this looper has so many innovations and advanced settings I cannot believe that Mike never incorporated feedback decay out of the box.
    I still never actually purchased the app. Still sitting on the fence....cheapy cheapy is what they called me in Mexico...LOL.
    Anyhow, thanks for the info!

    Perhaps you can post some screenshots or a screenrecording to show what is happening? There really isn't anything to it.

  • @BladeRunner said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @BladeRunner said:
    If someone could make a video detailing MIDI foot controller settings. That would be awesome.
    Also. is there some knowledge to be shared about ways to gradually fade a repeating loop out which is known in some hardware loopers as Loop Aging or Feedback Decay? It is easy to accomplish in Quantiloop using loop decay.
    I am interested in using Loopy pro as the ultimate guitar looper setup. Mobius used to be the one for that but hauling around a PC is less than optimal.

    What about setting up a foot controller do you have a question about?

    Feedback decay isn't implemented. It is one of the features coming soon. See https://loopypro.com/manual/#roadmap

    I use the learn function and it sees my pedals CC message and saves it but nothing happens when I try so use the command.
    Man....this looper has so many innovations and advanced settings I cannot believe that Mike never incorporated feedback decay out of the box.
    I still never actually purchased the app. Still sitting on the fence....cheapy cheapy is what they called me in Mexico...LOL.
    Anyhow, thanks for the info!

    Sounds to me like maybe you didn't set a target for the action. As @espiegel123 mentioned, a screenshot or two would go a long way to resolving this I think.

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @McD said:
    Loopy Pro on iPad shows AUv3 apps and FX’es. On my iPhone it does not… just the FX built into Loopy Pro. Is that to be expected?

    Operation on the iphone and ipad is the same. Do the AU show up in Audiobus or AUM

    Rebooting was required on the iPhone.

  • @tja said:

    @robosardine said:
    Just got it - sounding nice.. my seven day clock is ticking! 😮 Erm.. how do you configure the doughnuts so that in a column the one you have tapped next will start that one playing as the previous one completes (and stops) - like Launchpad or Remix Live?

    In the Editor, draw a selection over all relevant Donuts and group them.
    The groups can be configured to just play only one of them at any time!

    @espiegel123 said:

    @robosardine said:
    Just got it - sounding nice.. my seven day clock is ticking! 😮 Erm.. how do you configure the doughnuts so that in a column the one you have tapped next will start that one playing as the previous one completes (and stops) - like Launchpad or Remix Live?

    I'll add something about this to the wiki. In the meantime, there are several ways.

    For most of them, you will want to set the play/stop quantization to Loop.

    one way is to make all the donuts in the column into a group and set it to play only one at a time.

    another way is to tap the playing donut to stop and the one you want to start next.

    if you make your column all the same color, you can define a gesture (even tap) to solo and set the context to color. it will ensure that only one donut of a color plays at a time. so, if a red donut is playing and you cue up another red donut, the new one will stop the old one when it starts playing.

    Perfect, thanks for that. I will just make a walkthrough for anyone struggling with this and wants to get there quick.





  • @robosardine said:

    @tja said:

    @robosardine said:
    Just got it - sounding nice.. my seven day clock is ticking! 😮 Erm.. how do you configure the doughnuts so that in a column the one you have tapped next will start that one playing as the previous one completes (and stops) - like Launchpad or Remix Live?

    In the Editor, draw a selection over all relevant Donuts and group them.
    The groups can be configured to just play only one of them at any time!

    @espiegel123 said:

    @robosardine said:
    Just got it - sounding nice.. my seven day clock is ticking! 😮 Erm.. how do you configure the doughnuts so that in a column the one you have tapped next will start that one playing as the previous one completes (and stops) - like Launchpad or Remix Live?

    I'll add something about this to the wiki. In the meantime, there are several ways.

    For most of them, you will want to set the play/stop quantization to Loop.

    one way is to make all the donuts in the column into a group and set it to play only one at a time.

    another way is to tap the playing donut to stop and the one you want to start next.

    if you make your column all the same color, you can define a gesture (even tap) to solo and set the context to color. it will ensure that only one donut of a color plays at a time. so, if a red donut is playing and you cue up another red donut, the new one will stop the old one when it starts playing.

    Perfect, thanks for that. I will just make a walkthrough for anyone struggling with this and wants to get there quick.

    I recommend also trying out the method using a gesture to do solo with color context. It is even quicker to setup as once you have set it up it automatically applies to all colors!

    https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=loopy_pro_tips_and_tricks

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @robosardine said:

    @tja said:

    @robosardine said:
    Just got it - sounding nice.. my seven day clock is ticking! 😮 Erm.. how do you configure the doughnuts so that in a column the one you have tapped next will start that one playing as the previous one completes (and stops) - like Launchpad or Remix Live?

    In the Editor, draw a selection over all relevant Donuts and group them.
    The groups can be configured to just play only one of them at any time!

    @espiegel123 said:

    @robosardine said:
    Just got it - sounding nice.. my seven day clock is ticking! 😮 Erm.. how do you configure the doughnuts so that in a column the one you have tapped next will start that one playing as the previous one completes (and stops) - like Launchpad or Remix Live?

    I'll add something about this to the wiki. In the meantime, there are several ways.

    For most of them, you will want to set the play/stop quantization to Loop.

    one way is to make all the donuts in the column into a group and set it to play only one at a time.

    another way is to tap the playing donut to stop and the one you want to start next.

    if you make your column all the same color, you can define a gesture (even tap) to solo and set the context to color. it will ensure that only one donut of a color plays at a time. so, if a red donut is playing and you cue up another red donut, the new one will stop the old one when it starts playing.

    Perfect, thanks for that. I will just make a walkthrough for anyone struggling with this and wants to get there quick.

    I recommend also trying out the method using a gesture to do solo with color context. It is even quicker to setup as once you have set it up it automatically applies to all colors!

    https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=loopy_pro_tips_and_tricks

    Roger that! Cheers. I’ll get a look at that tomorrow. My eyeballs are now hanging out of their sockets dangling on two strings. I have just been lost for several magical hours purely clip launching.
    Is it just me or does the app actively enhance the clarity of your clips? This is great - it’s all true 😃👍

  • edited December 2021

    @wim said:

    @BladeRunner said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @BladeRunner said:
    If someone could make a video detailing MIDI foot controller settings. That would be awesome.
    Also. is there some knowledge to be shared about ways to gradually fade a repeating loop out which is known in some hardware loopers as Loop Aging or Feedback Decay? It is easy to accomplish in Quantiloop using loop decay.
    I am interested in using Loopy pro as the ultimate guitar looper setup. Mobius used to be the one for that but hauling around a PC is less than optimal.

    What about setting up a foot controller do you have a question about?

    Feedback decay isn't implemented. It is one of the features coming soon. See https://loopypro.com/manual/#roadmap

    I use the learn function and it sees my pedals CC message and saves it but nothing happens when I try so use the command.
    Man....this looper has so many innovations and advanced settings I cannot believe that Mike never incorporated feedback decay out of the box.
    I still never actually purchased the app. Still sitting on the fence....cheapy cheapy is what they called me in Mexico...LOL.
    Anyhow, thanks for the info!

    So I broke down and purchased the app. Then it would not open and crashed 6 times. Finally it worked.
    It turns out that the MIDI problem was due to conflicting global setups...I think. Anyhow, it is kind of working for me now but I find it somewhat confusing still. Certainly not as intuitive to operate as one would hope. I am sure I will get the hang of it. Better instructions might help .
    Is there a way to delete previous global MIDI mappings?
    Is there a way to reset the app to factory settings?

    Sounds to me like maybe you didn't set a target for the action. As @espiegel123 mentioned, a screenshot or two would go a long way to resolving this I think.

  • @BladeRunner said:

    @wim said:

    @BladeRunner said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @BladeRunner said:
    If someone could make a video detailing MIDI foot controller settings. That would be awesome.
    Also. is there some knowledge to be shared about ways to gradually fade a repeating loop out which is known in some hardware loopers as Loop Aging or Feedback Decay? It is easy to accomplish in Quantiloop using loop decay.
    I am interested in using Loopy pro as the ultimate guitar looper setup. Mobius used to be the one for that but hauling around a PC is less than optimal.

    What about setting up a foot controller do you have a question about?

    Feedback decay isn't implemented. It is one of the features coming soon. See https://loopypro.com/manual/#roadmap

    I use the learn function and it sees my pedals CC message and saves it but nothing happens when I try so use the command.
    Man....this looper has so many innovations and advanced settings I cannot believe that Mike never incorporated feedback decay out of the box.
    I still never actually purchased the app. Still sitting on the fence....cheapy cheapy is what they called me in Mexico...LOL.
    Anyhow, thanks for the info!

    So I broke down and purchased the app. Then it would not open and crashed 6 times. Finally it worked.
    It turns out that the MIDI problem was due to conflicting global setups...I think. Anyhow, it is kind of working for me now but I find it somewhat confusing still. Certainly not as intuitive to operate as one would hope. I am sure I will get the hang of it. Better instructions might help .
    Is there a way to delete previous global MIDI mappings?
    Is there a way to reset the app to factory settings?

    Sounds to me like maybe you didn't set a target for the action. As @espiegel123 mentioned, a screenshot or two would go a long way to resolving this I think.

    Btw, while the manual isn't complete, quite a bit of it is now available and can be accessed through the Help menu in Loopy.

    Re: global profiles. You can switch between them and also delete them.

    To delete an existing one, swipe left on its name (the standard iOS list item deletion gesture). You can also export and import them.

    If you find anything confusing, ask about how its done. I think you will probably find it pretty straightforward once you are oriented.

    If you haven't watched any of the tutorial or guide videos, they may help. The Loop Pro wiki pages are growing and have some useful links:

    https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=tag:loopy_pro&do=showtag&tag=loopy_pro

  • @BladeRunner said:
    So I broke down and purchased the app. Then it would not open and crashed 6 times. Finally it worked.
    It turns out that the MIDI problem was due to conflicting global setups...I think. Anyhow, it is kind of working for me now but I find it somewhat confusing still. Certainly not as intuitive to operate as one would hope. I am sure I will get the hang of it. Better instructions might help .

    Here's also a link to the excellent, though not yet complete, manual in case you're away from the app: https://loopypro.com/manual/

    I think @espiegel123 already replied with everything else I had in mind to say.

  • edited December 2021

    @BladeRunner said:
    If someone could make a video detailing MIDI foot controller settings. That would be awesome...
    I use the learn function and it sees my pedals CC message and saves it but nothing happens when I try so use the command.

    1. I would delete whatever mapping you already made by swiping left on it and clicking the red erase/delete button that appears.

    2. Instead of using MIDI Learn, go to MIDI Control. From there, you want to edit the Default profile. (Or create a new one.) Click on the plus sign to Add New Binding.

    3. You'll need to explore the options and then think about how you want to use your controller's buttons. I have a 4-button footswitch that I programmed as follows:

    Button 1: Play/Stop Selected Clip. (This will also start recording the selected clip if it's empty.)
    Button 2: Select Previous Clip
    Button 3: Select Next Clip. (These two middle buttons let me move around the donuts and choose the next loop for recording.)
    Button 4: Clear Selected Clip. (The most important for me, because I rarely get it right on the first try.)

  • I've been trying to setup a Rozeta LFO to control a Channel Send FX knob but can't get this to work.

  • @Antemode said:
    I've been trying to setup a Rozeta LFO to control a Channel Send FX knob but can't get this to work.

    can you post screenshots of the setup or post a project?

  • @Antemode said:
    I've been trying to setup a Rozeta LFO to control a Channel Send FX knob but can't get this to work.

    If you are trying to send from within Loopy Pro to the MIDI Control, you currently need to hack things a little bit because MIDI Control (currently) only sees MIDI coming from outside Loopy. There are a few tricks though:

    https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=loopy_pro_tips_and_tricks

  • edited December 2021

    So i'm just starting to get into this. So pardon the noob questions if they've already been answered here or in any of the 30 other loopy pro threads...

    • there a valid discord link? all the one's i've tried are expired...
    • trying to route a mozaic script to and from the DAW port of a novation launchpad. Port does not seem exposed in loopy pro's midi sources or destinations. is this me configuring wrong? or is it not available?
    • i assume pickup mode in midi learn is not functional yet?
Sign In or Register to comment.