Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro Questions

Comments

• I have tried a number of settings but can't find a way to set the loop region onTheFly and hands-free (using a MIDI controller). Has anyone found a way? Is this possible with LoopyPro?

• @thenonanonymous said:
    I have tried a number of settings but can't find a way to set the loop region onTheFly and hands-free (using a MIDI controller). Has anyone found a way? Is this possible with LoopyPro?

Create a binding to the Set Master Length binding in midi control…or create widgets that set master length and midi learn them.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Create a binding to the Set Master Length binding in midi control…or create widgets that set master length and midi learn them.

thanks @espiegel123, I'll try that

• @thenonanonymous said:

@espiegel123 said:

thanks @espiegel123, I'll try that

You can midi learn setting to a particular value, doubling and halving the current value

• wimwim
    edited January 2022

@Pxlhg said:
    I have an AirTurn BT200 S-2 but I have never really gotten into using a footswitch at all. How would you, experienced foot-user best use these two buttons in Loopy Pro? (I haven't used Bluetooth much either.)
    I did a setup controlling over all start/stop with one switch and start/stop a track with the other. This means I have to redo the midi learn when a track is filled. Thought I would ask if any of you have some good advice on how to you use your footswitch optimally.

All my setups use 4 switches from the BlueBoard. If I only had two, I'd probably try:

Tap 1: Select previous clip
    Tap 2: Select next clip

Hold 1: Play/Stop selected clip (record if empty)
    Hold 2: Clear selected clip

Double-Tap 1: Stop all clips
    Double-Tap 2: Stop all clips with fade out 

I would turn on "Pause Clock When Idle" to stop the clock when no more clips are playing, and turn off "Wait for Playback" to start the clock as soon as any clip is started.

• Has anyone here used this app on a jailbreak device?

• McDMcD
    edited January 2022

Never mind.

• Any one have any success binding a continuous controller to Tempo? I cannot seem to make this work as expected.
    However!
    Jamming with my guitar and manually changing tempos on the fly I am able to switch tempos back and forth with the undo redo functions I have controlled by my MIDI pedal.
    $%&*()^$ AWESOME!!!

• @wim said:

@Pxlhg said:
    I have an AirTurn BT200 S-2 but I have never really gotten into using a footswitch at all. How would you, experienced foot-user best use these two buttons in Loopy Pro? (I haven't used Bluetooth much either.)
    I did a setup controlling over all start/stop with one switch and start/stop a track with the other. This means I have to redo the midi learn when a track is filled. Thought I would ask if any of you have some good advice on how to you use your footswitch optimally.

All my setups use 4 switches from the BlueBoard. If I only had two, I'd probably try:

I would turn on "Pause Clock When Idle" to stop the clock when no more clips are playing, and turn off "Wait for Playback" to start the clock as soon as any clip is started.

Thank you Wim! There is an app to set up the AirTurn, I'll see if I can figure out how to set multifunction for each switch, I did not know you could so this is great. I'm exploring the template you shared (retrospective) and want to thank you for that as well.

• @BladeRunner said:
    Any one have any success binding a continuous controller to Tempo? I cannot seem to make this work as expected.
    However!
    Jamming with my guitar and manually changing tempos on the fly I am able to switch tempos back and forth with the undo redo functions I have controlled by my MIDI pedal.
    $%&*()^$ AWESOME!!!

It looks like there might be a bug, I just tried to set it up and I see that even though I have chosen Adjust Continuously, the MIDI Learn system is mapping to On/Off, etc which it shouldn't do. This is also true when trying to set it up by hand

@Michael

Steps:

In MIDI Control, add a bindig for Adjust Tempo. Set it to Adjust Continuously. Set minimum and max values (i chose 90-120). If you try to set it up manually, you get the options for non-continuous adjustment. (The same happens if you send a CC to learn it)

• @Pxlhg said:

@wim said:

@Pxlhg said:

Thank you Wim! There is an app to set up the AirTurn, I'll see if I can figure out how to set multifunction for each switch, I did not know you could so this is great. I'm exploring the template you shared (retrospective) and want to thank you for that as well.

You don’t need to do any setup on the pedal itself. Loopy can be told to do different things for different tap detections. 😎

Often you can just midi-learn a particular tap type, but sometimes you need to adjust a little.

• edited January 2022

@Michael

Steps:

In MIDI Control, add a bindig for Adjust Tempo. Set it to Adjust Continuously. Set minimum and max values (i chose 90-120). If you try to set it up manually, you get the options for non-continuous adjustment. (The same happens if you send a CC to learn it)

This method you described is what I have been trying to do. Michael I am using a Korg nanokontrol. I have been using the binding SET TEMPO. I see no binding named "Adjust Tempo" Still a no go for me.
    I will try some more, but getting frustrated.

I cannot believe the fantastic support provided by you guys. The purchase of Loopy Pro was the best 40 bucks I spent in a long time.!

@espiegel123 I think you may be right.

• any workarounds or any ways I can have up / down scene widget?
    Maybe it’s a feature request

• @BladeRunner said:

@Michael

Steps:

This method you described is what I have been trying to do. Michael I am using a Korg nanokontrol. I have been using the binding SET TEMPO. I see no binding named "Adjust Tempo" Still a no go for me.

I cannot believe the fantastic support provided by you guys. The purchase of Loopy Pro was the best 40 bucks I spent in a long time.!

Interesting. Out of curiosity, what happens if you select the project profile rather than a global profile (in midi learn), or the other way around? Any change?

• Interesting. Out of curiosity, what happens if you select the project profile rather than a global profile (in midi learn), or the other way around? Any change?

I tried both to no avail sir.

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    any workarounds or any ways I can have up / down scene widget?

There is already a ne> @Michael said:

@BladeRunner said:

@Michael

Steps:

Interesting. Out of curiosity, what happens if you select the project profile rather than a global profile (in midi learn), or the other way around? Any change?

I tried both. It seems like internally Loopy has something set up so that while it lets you just adjust continuously that it thinks that it is a non-continuous operation. The options it offers are PC/CC (with on/off type options)/Note as if you are trying to control a non-continuous operation.

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

Do you mean pages? There are switch to previous/next page actions available for widgets or actions. I use one with swipe-left for previous page, swipe-right for next page, and long-press to copy a page.

• wimwim
    edited January 2022

@BladeRunner said:

@Michael

Steps:

FWIW, I have had better luck with nudge actions. I generally have widgets that advance and retard by 1bpm with a tap and 10 bpm with hold. These could be mapped to CC's, notes, etc. I'm sure. I found that Loopy didn't always handle it too well with continuous change from a knob or slider. Nudge has been flawless.

• edited January 2022

@wim said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

Do you mean pages? There are switch to previous/next page actions available for widgets or actions. I use one with swipe-left for previous page, swipe-right for next page, and long-press to copy a page.

I didn’t mean pages but scenes as in row of clips (like scenes in Ableton)

Would like to set 1 widget to up and another to go down

• @BladeRunner said:

@Michael

Steps:

Ahh! I know what’s happening – there is no continuous tempo control – yet, anyway. There is a relative tempo control, if you have a relative CC that will work, but that’s all for now

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@wim said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

I'm kind of confused. The scenes in that view are particular to that template, right? It looks like each button is targeted to play/stop particular clips that are set up in the button action. The clips happen to be in a row. Is that correct? Or, are the buttons triggering groups set to "All loops play at once"?

Either way, "Scene" isn't a Loopy construct, but rather one of that template itself. Or am I missing something?

If not, then the real question is whether or not you can have a widget that would activate the previous / next "scene" widget. I don't see any way to do that.

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@wim said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

The way to do it would be to make each row a group set to play all in the group when triggered. you could then set up actions to select the next clip down. combine that with a play action and maybe other stuff and I think you would be able to do it

• @espiegel123 said:
    The way to do it would be to make each row a group set to play all in the group when triggered. you could then set up actions to select the next clip down. combine that with a play action and maybe other stuff and I think you would be able to do it

Good call.

• @Michael said:

@BladeRunner said:

@Michael

Steps:

Ahh! I know what’s happening – there is no continuous tempo control – yet, anyway. There is a relative tempo control, if you have a relative CC that will work, but that’s all for now

@Michael Please consider an option for a sample to ignore BPM sync completely, even when project tempo is adjusted, like a linear sampler. 🙏🤞

• @crony said:
    I'd like to use it with full songs or very long loops, a bit more like as a DJ mixing tracks.
    There's no problem loading full tracks and then add some short loops (created on the fly or imported) right ?

Good luck, the limitation is that you can’t change tempo on the fly without stretching every single sound that is loaded to a loop or one shot pad in Loopy Pro.
    If you sample a loop from another loop then you stay at the running tempo, but if you sample a loop from a one shot and the project tempo isn’t set, the new loop you just recorded will determine the project tempo and any samples that were loaded (one shot or loop) will now all be matched to that new tempo.

To load full tracks that play independent of BPM sync you’ll need to use a workaround. Personally I use multiple instances of AuditorAU File Player for one shots so they can actually play at their respective tempo regardless of the changing project tempo.

• edited January 2022

@wim

FWIW, I have had better luck with nudge actions. I generally have widgets that advance and retard by 1bpm with a tap and 10 bpm with hold. These could be mapped to CC's, notes, etc. I'm sure. I found that Loopy didn't always handle it too well with continuous change from a knob or slider. Nudge has been flawless.

Thanks. I will give that a try. Like I said undo and redo commands work awesome with tempo changes made manually on the dial. Even if the dial was made to be more ergonomic, that would solve the problem.

• @Michael said:

dagnamit....I guess I wasn't so silly after all. OK... we are looking forward to this being implemented along with reverse, and functions such as insert. This looper will make all others look rudimentary once completed.

• @3sleeves said:
    @Michael Please consider an option for a sample to ignore BPM sync completely, even when project tempo is adjusted, like a linear sampler. 🙏🤞

Yep that’s coming soon

• @Michael said:

@3sleeves said:

Yep that’s coming soon

Excellent, thank you immensely!!!

• Has anyone here used this app on a jailbreak device?

This discussion has been closed.